Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape (33709 Views)

18-Year-Old Australian-German Girl Is Selling Her Virginity (Photos) / Girl Says Jesus Fed 5000 People And Didn't Ask Anyone To Off Pant, Guy Replies / When A Girl Says She Does Not Have A Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Me I don't form about it o I am not a VIRGIN no be news abeg
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
netizenbuzz:

I couldn't even read your article. I'm disgusted by just the title. Rape is a serious issue and whether you like it or not, a lot of people more than you think have experienced abuse at least once. Using this as a reason to throw jab at women is a new low. Will it increase your bank account balance? Please grow up.
seriously,jobless kids are on nairaland. Whe they are idle instead of reading or doing something meaningful with their time,they come to nairaland,copy and paste any rubbish they can get hold of. I'm very sure the poster's female relatives also lie about losing their virginity via rape unless they are nt Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Eljay24(m): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
bossminded:

Abeg carry ur drama comot frm here....

Gbam !
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by ebosse(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Expsbterror:

Sorry to b frank but ladies that tell such "gist" are mostly from Delta, rivers and Edo States.

Just been real ooo

My ex is from Enugu state and she gave me the 'rape story too!.
I don't think the op was trying to make a big deal out of the so-called virginity issue. this is about most Nigerian girls playing the "I was molested" card to get sympathy which is sooooooooo wrong!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by pweetiedee(m): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
y wud i lie dat i was raped? dats rubbish. i did it. it wasn't a mistake. simple. if u like stay, if u like go. as long as i don't open ma legs for evri tom, dick and harry. i av nuttin to be ashamed of.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by tosyne2much(m): 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
AlphaGentleman:
They both copied it from some1's page so relax.
huh ?
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by misshoree(f): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
This is a fallacy undecided
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 31, 2015
Afrobasic:

How did you come by this stat? Cooked up?.

Totally agree with the op tho, a lot of females cook up these rape stories(not saying all) and it pisses me off angry

Honey ask around. That will do.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 31, 2015
Stories ... What's the need lying again sef ... Virginity does not water love ..... you bang I bang we're even I'll tell the dude #no fakings
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 31, 2015
Guys should just please stop accusing girls about this virginity/sex issue. Afterall, a girl cannot get disvirgined by herself, a guy is always involved.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 31, 2015
Opytim:
Guys should just please stop accusing girls about this virginity/sex issue. Afterall, a girl cannot get disvirgined by herself, a guy is always involved.
They do that cos they don't have hymens
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 31, 2015
klassiquette:

They do that cos they don't have hymens

that's true my sister, and they have forgotten that 'it takes two to tango'.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by somegirl1: 1:20am On Jan 31, 2015
I don't mean to sound condescending but topics like this are very telling of the socio-economic class of many Nairalanders.

"Every Nigerian Girl"?

I can't imagine any why exposed, sophisticated, adult would tell such a lie to a man, when virginity is infact no longer valued.

If the only girls a man can land are unexposed (euphemism) or under-aged (who have no business having se-x), it would be ridiculous of him to assume that "every" girl including girls out of his league are the same.

We read daily about children being molested by relatives, neighbours, helps et al. When these unfortunate victims grow up and feel the need to confide in people,with the mentality of some commenters on here, they will disbelieved, mocked and taken advantage of.

Sad

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by tdazzle: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2015
1. In my opinion, this whole rape issue happens far too often in Nigeria than we want to believe and is largely under reported. About ladies lying about it- I think more ladies lie about the number of partners that they have had than the fact that they were raped.

2. Almost all the cases I've heard firsthand (too many if I might add) happened before the age 10 and by a resident in the house, name it- uncle, cousin, house help, etc.

3. Rape victims don't talk?- They can and they usually do once they have dealt with the shame/guilt/ any other bad emotions, or are coerced to. In Nigeria though, there is not really an enabling environment for victims to seek justice. You talk, then there's a family meeting and it is sorted internally. Dude gets to walk- victim gets emotional baggage.

Check the front page - Police officer raping a 9 year old, let me know how that ends.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 31, 2015
Rilamaka:

Reasons why every Nigerian girl says she lost her virginity via rape is because they lost their virginity via RAPE!!!!

Are you not aware of the society you live in? Are you selectively ignorant? Are you claiming that you don't know that the level of sexual assault among girls (and boys) are heavily underestimated?

Have you carried out a survey? Do you know if any of your sisters have been raped?

Its this suppressive environment that makes victims suffer in silence for the rest of their lives. Even if they are lying, who are you to judge?

Why the hell would Seun Osewa allow this thread to make front page?

This is a demeaning, disrespectful, callous, and wicked post. It very upsetting for female readers who have been sexually assaulted in the past.

I advise you to take down this post, it is highly INSENSITIVE!!!!!
Seun try to censor some of the topics your mods put on front page sometimes, stop being complacent about everything.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by RedSeaKing(m): 6:55am On Jan 31, 2015
Let the girls speak for themselves.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by tdazzle: 7:09am On Jan 31, 2015
They have, but according to the post- they are lying wink
RedSeaKing:
Let the girls speak for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 31, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

Am just trying to correct the op that not all of them lie about how they were deflowered.
Most of the ladies ive been with always say the truth, ave heard of just one, so i wonder the world this op is from that is filled of liars. grin

but u are a lady nah! abi u be les?

you can't understand this gist unless u are a man or a les
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2015
VisionPlus:

but u are a lady nah! abi u be les?

you can't understand this gist unless u are a man or a les
if you really have nothing to say then don't quote me.

what exactly is your point?

it's too early to annoy someone jare
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Tymax(m): 8:44am On Jan 31, 2015
AyokunleRuth:
did i hear you say every nigerian gal?

hmmmmmmmm it's like you roll with liars and it's because you are one too grin
Madam, why did you attack the OP? The man is saying the pure truth. tongue
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 31, 2015
Tymax:

Madam, why did you attack the OP? The man is saying the pure truth. tongue
i did not attack him joor

but to say every nigerian gal is wrong jawe
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by caseyhills(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2015
funny enough! I don't like a V! so the V stuff don't make me love you more or less! Cos I believe a girl is always a V the very first time you touched her to you she's a V Cos that was your first time to do that, even if the whole is tight or open! for me it won't change my mind! I don't like a V Cos I hate it when a girl cries during love making and I hate blood!
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=lilzeel post=30262142][/quote]
1)WHY do you guys make things look every girl is a liar especially when it comes to SEX.
2)why always wanting to know if they are virgins or not,is it ur biz?
3)if u're asked the same question do u even care to answer? And if u do,are u honest?
Stop making it luk like only girls are liars.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by ayusco85(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2015
funmilayoB:

lol

Hahahaha. Nice dp. kiss
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 31, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

if you really have nothing to say then don't quote me.

what exactly is your point?

it's too early to annoy someone jare

OK, I blow u some kisses n hugs instead. grin.
good mrng <3
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2015
VisionPlus:

OK, I blow u some kisses n hugs instead. grin.
good mrng <3
good morning tongue
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
Deshannel:
angry
And its always the ones that are far from decent that tell this story.
The true victims are embarrassed to admit they were raped.
Modified: FTC without even attempting. Dedicated to the FTC strugglers.
true word grin
runz girls claiming they were raped since 40 AD grin
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Youngpo413: 9:49am On May 06, 2015
softysparky:

They will exist if guys let virgins be.
They will exist when they learn to close their legs.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Youngpo413: 9:58am On May 06, 2015
softysparky:
The kind of silly thread on front page ehhh.
The truth is bitter
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Youngpo413: 11:51am On May 06, 2015
beckyomas:

My problem with him is the fact that he said 'every', is he alright?
Even guys mess up one way or the other but you don't see the girls coming out to say thrash and 'every guy'. Even if they have dated one thousand, it still doesn't matter (maybe they are just sharing the same set of girls among themselves).
I'm not happy with you for not condemning the thrash he said because 'every girl' includes you Funmi.
The truh is bitter that's why you are so pained...sorry o
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by beckyomas(f): 12:28pm On May 06, 2015
Youngpo413:
The truh is bitter that's why you are so pained...sorry o
if you had an iota of sense in that your coconut head you wouldnt have quoted me. Where were you when people were receiving sense? What do you even know about truth?
Go and look for something better to do or pick up a book and read.
Re: Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape by Youngpo413: 12:45pm On May 06, 2015
beckyomas:
if you had an iota of sense in that your coconut head you wouldnt have quoted me. Where were you when people were receiving sense? What do you even know about truth?
Go and look for something better to do or pick up a book and read.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Has A Child For Someone But Wants Me To Marry Her. Help / Valentine Memes That Will Make Your Day / Funny Good Night Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.