Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram (14407 Views)

Arms Scandal: Air Force To Retire Avms, Commodores / Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity / Chad Army Vehicles Head For Cameroon To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
AU should be patient. The incompetent curse causing evil boko to blossom will be booted out soon.
We are voting in a competent person this time around.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by lexxylalas2(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

Now they have taken the responsibility from him

What a useless president
Think before you insult or else you will reap what you sow...Ruling this country is deeper than you see.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by yehmi01(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Naledi14:

best post ever put up regarding this issue. I am not a Nigerian but the situation there is extremely worrying as an African I give a damn. I don't see why Nigerian leaders seem not to care.

Thanks Naledi14.

I am a Nigerian and most times when I talk about our so called leaders most people think I am saying too much.

Am not a supporter of weak leadership any where but a problem like this is a national problem and not a Jonathan problem.

With the way terrorist groups are springing up every where, Citizens and politician alike are meant to unite to solve the issue.

May be its because some Nigerians here on NL have not lost any one they know personally due to BH that is why they can seat down a watch other even campaign about it and use it as a tool / strategy to campaign.

I know of some one who Lost her husband Just some months after marriage due to boko haram in the north and I must say

"Its nothing to laugh about in any way"

Not Jonathan or Buhari can bring back the Dead husband and explain to the Unborn child on the way what happened to the Dad

And we are here playing politics with this matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by MansaMoussa: 1:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
Adminisher:

Jonathan cannot wake up. Don't you look at his face. The man is a gonner. He has lost control of his presidency, his government, his army and his honour. I don't know why people can't see the obvious.

I'm Pained!
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by InwehAkpevwe(m): 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
stop this rubbish, africa had to step in because clearly Nigeria is too weak to fight Boko Haram and its affecting other African countries.

I wonder why with all the advanced technology and weapons you have failed to defeat Bk
... If African leaders had intervened some years back I believe things would not have gone this worst...
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by InwehAkpevwe(m): 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
uyplus:

If you don't see GMB as a better option, I'm sorry. It was his hate for corruption that made him go the extra mile to attempt bringing back Dikko. We had good patriots then who cared about Nigeria, and made an attempt to carry out that plan under the nose of the British government.

It was his hate for corruption that made him change the currency note, in quick response to ensure that people that looted and hid Nigeria's money during shagari's regime where not going to be able to use it. He gave the CBN a limit to amount of money that can be changed, so people can't short change the masses with their greed.

He was appointed the military head of state from a coup plot because he was the most senior GOC in the army as at that time.

He instituted the campaign against indiscipline and corruption.

With the bed of intellectuals surrounding him, he would do more good for Nigeria.

He used his military intelligence to hault the Maitasine terror group. Boko haram are just a set of disorganized radicals who don't have a plan. If only we had a government that could rise up to the challenge, it will have been history. See the way the Kenyan government handled the Al-shabab militants who even have direct links to Al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda disowned sponsoring Boko haram, which shows that their funding is likely from this government.

Our military intelligence has been flawed and is currently ineffective. We need a leader that can rise up to the occasion.

Late Prof. Dora Akunyili is fondly remembered today because of her daring battle to combat fake drugs. She was reccomended to Obasanjo by GMB. Deep calls deep, integrity calls integrity.
[b]
uyplus:

If you don't see GMB as a better option, I'm sorry. It was his hate for corruption that made him go the extra mile to attempt bringing back Dikko. We had good patriots then who cared about Nigeria, and made an attempt to carry out that plan under the nose of the British government.

It was his hate for corruption that made him change the currency note, in quick response to ensure that people that looted and hid Nigeria's money during shagari's regime where not going to be able to use it. He gave the CBN a limit to amount of money that can be changed, so people can't short change the masses with their greed.

He was appointed the military head of state from a coup plot because he was the most senior GOC in the army as at that time.

With the bed of intellectuals surrounding him, he would do more good for Nigeria.

He used his military intelligence to hault the Maitasine terror group. Boko haram are just a set of disorganized radicals who don't have a plan. If only we had a government that could rise up to the challenge, it will have been history. See the way the Kenyan government handled the Al-shabab militants who even have direct links to Al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda disowned sponsoring Boko haram, which shows that their funding is likely from this government.

Our military intelligence has been flawed and is currently ineffective. We need a leader that can rise up to the occasion.

Late Prof. Dora Akunyili is fondly remembered today because of her daring battle to combat fake drugs. She was reccomended to Obasanjo by GMB. Deep calls deep, integrity calls integrity.
[/b]
uyplus:

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
InwehAkpevwe:
... If African leaders had intervened some years back I believe things would not have gone this worst...
Nigeria said it will cope.

And now Bk has crossed boarders and declared war, AU had to step in, else BK would wipe us all out, we ain't ready a muslim coup!
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by BlackLeopard(m): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
yehmi01:

Thanks Naledi14.

I am a Nigerian and most times when I talk about our so called leaders most people think I am saying too much.

Am not a supporter of weak leadership any where but a problem like this is a national problem and not a Jonathan problem.

With the way terrorist groups are springing up every where, Citizens and politician alike are meant to unite to solve the issue.

May be its because some Nigerians here on NL have not lost any one they know personally due to BH that is why they can seat down a watch other even campaign about it and use it as a tool / strategy to campaign.

I know of some one who Lost her husband Just some months after marriage due to boko haram in the north and I must say

"Its nothing to laugh about in any way"

Not Jonathan or Buhari can bring back the Dead husband and explain to the Unborn child on the way what happened to the Dad

And we are here playing politics with this matter.

Wise words, brother.
And you're right that there's so visible contrast between those of us who lost lives to terrorist fwcks, and those for whom it's just something from the news and not so imminent.

This really isn't electoral propaganda cannon fodder, yet here we are, people in all spheres of society use it so left and right.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by jpphilips(m): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
Before Jonathan, Nigerian ECOMOG was the Messiah of Africa, Today, Nigeria is at the mercy of other crippled African nations, Giant of PDP Indeed!
The mighty has fallen below grace thanks to corruption.
Funny enough, Chadian air strike of 2 planes is more effective than Nigerian air strike of several planes, shame on Nigerians who refuse change.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Chrishandsome(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Captaincue(m): 12:14am On Jan 31, 2015
...this would be nice. Really nice!
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by clemostika: 9:58am On Jan 31, 2015
raumdeuter:
Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

Now they have taken the responsibility from him

What a useless president
pls, I advice u take time to read the AU statement b4 u begin say rubbish... u even an example of clueless essential.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by clemostika: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2015
appini:
This is not a good news for Buhari
at all...
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by clemostika: 10:10am On Jan 31, 2015
caesaraba:
Ah! Thank God. We need that AU force ASAP! We've played our part in the past for other countries. It's only fair we get help from them in these trying times.
correct talk!
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by TheIkoro(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Obinoscopy:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/11378699/African-Union-calls-for-7500-strong-force-to-fight-Boko-Haram.html

Stand up, stand up for my God!
The trumpet call obey:
Forth to the mighty conflict
In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men now serve Him:
Ye men worthy, being all mine;
Let courage rise with danger,
And strength to strength oppose....

That one of thee should chase their entire five-nation force of seven thousand, five hundred men;
That two of thee should put the entirety of their Multi-National Joint Task Force to flight:
And that the righteous may then rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
That he may bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked.

Vengeance is Mine, saith The LORD;
And, by the grace of The Creator, my God,
By my hands.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss / ‘i’m Still Young’, Bello Defends New APC Appointment / Kwankwaso and team meets with the European Union’s Head of Mission (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.