Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. (702 Views)

AWOLOWO VS OJUKWU (achievements And Records) / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever / GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by ossy4rill: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2015
1). He built 150 almajiri schools. Yet Goodluck is bad.
(2) He revived railway that was dead for over 28yrs. Lagos-Kano route, Lagos-Southern Ogun aircondition train route, Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH-Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra-city train routes, Makurdi-PH airconditioned train route, Abuja-Kaduna standard guage route. Workon Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kickstart Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route. Yet Goodluck is bad.

(3) He established 9 federal universities.Yet Goodluck is bad.

(4)Massive road reconstruction across the country(25000km). Benin-Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu-Abakaliki, Onitsha-Owerri road, Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-West road, Parts of PH-Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing. Yet Goodluck is bad.

(5) He dredged River Niger..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(6) Improved in power supply from 2500mw to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck is bad.
( 7) He revived the automobile industry with the new automoblie policy compelling Nissan&Hyundia e.t.c to assemble/produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing localy made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors. First in the history of Nigeria, She joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(cool He remodelled airports in an attempt to meet international standards, built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos, Kano, Abuja &Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI) bill past leaders refused to sign..Yet Jonathan is bad.

(10) He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in theworld with 45million metric tonnes-FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production.

(11) He gave women 35% affirmative to women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Muktar as the first ever female Chief Justice of Nigeria..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(12) He was able to contain the outbreak of ebola disease..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(13) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil. Previously it was 60 tankers. Yet Goodluck is bad.

(14) His government recorded an unprecedent achievement in sports, because of the immense support and encouragment from his government Nigeria put up one of the best sporting performance in a long time. Remember sports people always cry for lack of encouragement ..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(16) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible election in the history of the country(2011 election) and made it possible for people to once more believe in elections and their ability to vote out sitting governments (Removal of ohakim, Ekiti state) Yet Goodluck is bad.

Unlike Obasanjo he does not interfere with the electoral and judiciary system. Elections in Imo, Anambra & Edo is an example. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government has the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly..Yet Goodluck is bad.

(19) Under his government, political assasination and assasination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past. Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari Dikibo, Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola, NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his wife Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these murdered? I can give you about 100 high profile political assasinations in Obasanjo's civilian rule alone..Yet President Goodluck Jonathan is bad and so unacceptable to you.

The fact that there is a level of societal sanity in other parts of Nigeria like Lagos, Imo, Akwa-Ibom and Anambra states is not that Fashola, Rochas,Akpabio or Willy provided them security but because the people decide to live in peace.

So if some people decide to rise up kill and kidnap their own people because suddenly the president no longer speaks HAUSA we shouldn't dwell on it rather we should focus on other parts of Nigeria who are willing to develop themselves.

I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL BE JUDGED NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. I hereby challenge anybody to bring forward the achievements of Buhari,Babangida, Abacha

#GEJisworking he is not a "i will do president" he is a " I am doing president "

1 Like

Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by sam4(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2015
GEJ has failed but GMB is not the best option for Nigerians
Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by Zuria(f): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2015
sam4:
GEJ has failed but GMB is not the best option for Nigerians

grin grin since he has failed why don't we allow him repeat? cool cool

1 Like

Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by ShakurM(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2015
If u need 2 elaborate his achievements, then I don't know what 2 say to it.

My roof dey leak, u dey buy me broom

For My mud house u dey buy me paint.
C'mon!
Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by Kennywills7(m): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2015
My space ooo
meanwhile Gej till 2019
Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by sam4(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
Zuria:

grin grin since he has failed why don't we allow him repeat? cool cool
The is his last chance
Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by Orunto: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
I hear you. GEJ is the best of all the Heads of State and Civilian Presidents that we have had. He is not corrupt.
Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by fathermikky: 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
Since GEJ is doing well now let us join hands and support him in this coming election so that he can do more,the things buhari didn't do before now that he will come to the seat and do it.let buhari go and rest now.GEJ 2019
Re: Some Of GEJ Achievements And Why He Is Not The Worst President. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
GEJ is one of the best President we've had since independence, even the opposition knows this. But his perceived weakness is his inability to nip civil unrest and insurgency in the bud. If he can do just one tenth of Abacha or Obasanjo's act and damn the consequencies, I think he will regain his lost respect. I just pray the AU force in the north east becomes operational in no distant time. Boko Haram and their sponsors will become history. May God help Nigeria in this trying times.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is Not Qualified To Ask For Free And Fair Elections / See What Was Posted This Morin About Buhari / Just In: Boko Haram Captures Askira Uba Town In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.