Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate (19520 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Throwback Picture Of Nnamdi Azikiwe And Nkrumah In The 1960s / Photo: Obasanjo With His First Wife Remi(Mama Iyabo) Taking Breakfast In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by Fellonigerians: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Opiosko:
They have one thing in common, old men who does not want to leave the..... cheesy embarassed

Common English language you cant type/speak yet you want to insult your elders... What is "...old men who does not want..." Children of nowadays...
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by expensive007(m): 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
taiwoflb:
So to cut the long story short they have no meaningful thing(solution) to offer to the current state of the Nation that's why they boycott debates to avoid the HARD questions

Tompolo: I insist Nigeria ’ll break if Jonathan loses
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2886-tompolo-i-insist-nigeria-ll-break-if-jonathan-loses

I guess u don't reason with ur head. Y r u reasoning via ur anus?
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by badesco(m): 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
Must we put sentiment to All we do? So because something did in 1979, so he too must do the same. From look of things it Gen Buhari is not sound eduationally.. The same people that was calling for the debate now shun same.
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by candidbabe(f): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
kestolove95:
I see no reason why GMB shud attend an organized debate wia d qstns hv been doctored by pdp..dats not a debate but anoda evenue. Set to redicule d people's general...wen dey are really ready for debate,we will welcome dem and giv dem d defeat of dia life..dey shud not for gt dat dix same GMB perfmed perfctli in d 2011 presidential debate

The debate is based on corruption and insecurity which buhari had accused jonathan for. I see no reason why he is dodging it.
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Shhhhiii................Don't take us back to the stone age.

This is 2015 for crying out loud.
Buhari boycotted the debate because he does not know what to say.
He is a stack illiterate; a cattle rearer with born-to-rule mentality embarassed

Try harder @ OP

GEJ till 2019!
You mean "Stark"?
Stop throwing rocks in glass houses.
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by aa2015: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
The "POSITIVE CHANGE" is here already !!!, but the oppositions and their cohorts would not tell you the truth, but would want to confuse the present day Youths who were Toddlers while GMB's Junta rein of terror last, Bisi Onabanjo, Pa Ajasin, Ambrose Alli, Aper Akur, Ogedengbe, Bartholomew Owo and many others, all are victims of confused change of 1983-1985, when Buhari seize power in 1983 and was subsequently overthrown by IBB, About 30 years later the same Junta and his Cohorts are calling for another "CONFUSED CHANGE". GMB had been out of circulation for the past 30 years in terms of global best practice democratic exposures, modern military warfare or is age sympathetic to his course. As currency notes, not being in circulation for period of 30 years, would need minimum of 2 years indoctrination to be acceptable by its users., I love all Nigerians including the North, But, Buhari is obviously the wrong choice at this very time. What about Abubakar Umar, David Mark, Gwadabbe, Sule Lamido, Babaginda Aliyu, Ribadu, Col Sabo. These are tested hands in military and in democratic settings.God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by mickeymimi: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
PDP had set precedent of debate boycotts. PDP Boycotted 1999 debate against Falae , no one asked them to pull out of the race then. We can not fall for this threat. Jonathan dodged 2011 debate against Buhari. Heaven did not fall.
GMB is not afraid of any debate but it must be on a fair standing. He participated in the 2011 presidential debate. A debate is between two or more people. When it's you alone, then it's a monologue

Remember Omisore ran away from Aregbesola only last year and PDP did not search long for offering an excuse for that.
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by taiwoflb: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
expensive007:

I guess u don't reason with ur head. Y r u reasoning via ur anus?

The best answer to a fool is silence
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by jpphilips(m): 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
Which electricity does Jonathan want us to watch the debate with?
I saw Jonathan's interview with Isha Seesay of CNN, Jonathan was asked thrice "what do you stand for"?
He couldn't answer, yet Jonathan was quoting tonnage of fertiliser supplied by the Ministry of Agriculture in an NTA interview, be the judge.
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
otigbagba:
..Thank God you said "our democracy"...cos what we have in Nigeria is skewed and a pseudo.No ideologies. .is purely ethnic and religion driven

we follow a particular candidate irrespective of his glaring failure just because he is from our niche. We are still in the same circle. .doing a Mary Go round..the outcome of this election will determine if we break off that circle...or not
.... And you've summed it all up!
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by mfm04622: 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
atlwireles:
Good to know, they all lost the election too. grin grin grin

You mean they were rigged out! Go read your history books. That election is the first time the result will be changed without anybody going to court! WHen they saw people's reaction to the fake result, they announced the real result immediately
Re: Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate by munex007(m): 12:20am On Jan 31, 2015
According to Oxford Dictionary an Illiterate is someone that can't write and read..The last time I check GMB can do this..

Now tell me someone in ur Bloodline that has achieve and sacrifice more for Nig as much as General..?

You lack intellectual acuity to call a Graduate of one of the Finest Military Academy in the world illiterate..

OgologoDimkpa:
Shhhhiii................Don't take us back to the stone age.

This is 2015 for crying out loud.
Buhari boycotted the debate because he does not know what to say.
He is a stack illiterate; a cattle rearer with born-to-rule mentality embarassed

Try harder @ OP

GEJ till 2019!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Sureties Won't Lose N300 Million Bond - IPOB Lawyer, Ejiofor / Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army / Oyo, Bauchi, Enugu Governors’ Defection Underway - Fani-Kayode On Joining APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.