Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election (28422 Views)

INEC Announces Results Of Tai Election, Rivers, Declares APC Winner / Tribunal Annuls Election Of Saraki Dahiru-Maiyama, Declares PDP Candidate Winner / Jubilation In Plateau As INEC Declares APC’s Lalong Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Suljosh: 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2015

1 Share

Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by meforyou1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
kingstylo01:
Which election did he win please? Hope it's not the 2011 polls, because has barely two weeks to remain in office
The election took place late last year. Sept or Oct
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Descartes: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
barcanista:
The revolution have started!
wink
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by dunkem21(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
Congratulations to David.
Congratulations to democracy.
Congratulations to GEJ.
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by hamzyluv(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
Bonethugss:
One of the reasons I love GEJ, (though am not partisan), he has given the judiciary free hands for the past 4 years. Democracy indeed...
my Broda, which free hands u are talking about.. no be last year election ooo. election that he has contested for since 2011....
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by bayocanny: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
;Duna never see anything yet anyway may 28th handing over to GMB is very sancrosant

1 Like

Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by meforyou1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
doctokwus:

Thought his tenure starts when he is sworn in or at least last yr when the now deposed incumbent assumed office.
Can someone clarify this issue of when his tenure starts.
No. That's for executives. For legislature, it ends on 29 may
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by oloworulz(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
toxiflam:
kul
February 15th Neva reach na. Abi Niger republic get d same election time table as Nigeria
olodo. Go sch , una no go, supporter of APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by toxiflam: 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
oloworulz:
olodo. Go sch , una no go, supporter of APC
I no go school but I carry certificate sha
HND self
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by 3kay945(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
ichidodo:
This wasn't an electoral victory more like a legal award that should be appealed...

If this is a condolence to your heart then I wish you double.
Don't be left out wind of change is here.

Buhari/Osinbajo 2015.
Vote wisely.
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by ichidodo: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
3kay945:

If this is a condolence to your heart then I wish you double.
Don't be left out wind of change is here.

Buhari/Osinbajo 2015.
Vote wisely.
Thanx but no thanx,we rather burn our PVCs...
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by chimchim1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
toxiflam:
kul
February 15th Neva reach na. Abi Niger republic get d same election time table as Nigeria
I now see that TANoids are current. They jxt e-warriors.
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by musiwa94: 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
x

1 Like

Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
doctokwus:

Thought his tenure starts when he is sworn in or at least last yr when the now deposed incumbent assumed office.
Can someone clarify this issue of when his tenure starts.

That only applies to Executive positions

The only perks he will enjoy is payment of total emoluments that his colleagues who got sworn in collected from 2011 and an added appelation of being called Senator

But thank God he was given the ticket again by APC for 2015 to compensate him even if he didnt win through the court in this instance
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by musiwa94: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
embarassed

it
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Jmain: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
agabusta:

Story for the Gods. This is an indictment on him for your information. The election was obviously manipulated and the judiciary has to come in to settle the wrong.

But when the Judiciary clearly defaults it is due to GEJ lack of leadership , but when it is positive it is the judiciary been the voice of the common man . . .

1 Like

Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by 3kay945(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
ichidodo:
Thanx but no thanx,we rather burn our PVCs...

Victory is sweet bro cool
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by lakesider(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
kingstylo01:
Which election did he win please? Hope it's not the 2011 polls, because has barely two weeks to remain in office
odeh,its by election held august 2014
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by roufy235(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Operation clean sweep in motion
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by oloworulz(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
toxiflam:

I no go school but I carry certificate sha
HND self
dat one na jotter na. Na ur coconut brain i dey talk, nothin dey there. U see Niger republic there?
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by ichidodo: 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
3kay945:

Victory is sweet bro cool
Chicks,countings and hatchings, bro...Chicks,countings and hatchings.
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by toxiflam: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
oloworulz:
dat one na jotter na. Na ur coconut brain i dey talk, nothin dey there. U see Niger republic there?
If I get coconut brain, I 4 happy die, u no know say coconut contain water.
Water no get enemy
water is life
in essence, I contain life.
Why u dey use indirect way dey call me gods of una land na. I no want abeg
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by oloworulz(m): 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
toxiflam:

If I get coconut brain, I 4 happy die, u no know say coconut contain water.
Water no get enemy
water is life
in essence, I contain life.
Why u dey use indirect way dey call me gods of una land na. I no want abeg
well, i feel u, nice response. U b my guy
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
Well, the political fortune of APC in this coming electvery seemed very bright. Here is a poll that I conducted between Wednesday 28 - Thursday 29 January, 2015.

I conducted a mini presidential poll to sample opinions of my friends and acquintances on Whatsapp social media platform. I sent the poll questions to all active contacts on my phone. Because my work deals directly with undergraduate and post-graduate students of various backgrounds and ethnic groups over 5 years period, my Whatsapp contacts reflect diversity of Nigeria nation tribe-wise. In other words, my Whatsapp contacts include phone numbers of people from different tribes residing in different parts of the country.
I sent the poll question to all active contacts manually. This was done because my experience in using broadcast message, that would have been easier, showed ineffective delivery. The active contacts sent to was 113. 71 responded within the time allocated (24hrs).

THE POLL:
"I am conducting mini election poll among my friends and acquintances. Please, choose, one of these 2 contestants or none that u will vote for if presidential election is conducted today.
1. GMB/PYO. 2. GEJ/SAMBO 3. None. The poll result will be communicated to u when completed.
Whatsapp ur choice to me now or as soon as possible before 7pm (the following day). Thank you."

COMPOSITION OF RESPONDENTS (i.e
those that responded) BY TRIBE:
Yoruba- 54.6% of all participants
Igbo-27.2%
Hausa-9.1%
Other- 9.1%
Here is the result of the poll:

*GMB/PYO = 45.5% of total votes cast
*GEJ/SAMBO = 18.2% of total votes cast
*33.3% of voters were neutral

VOTING PATTERN BY TRIBE:
YORUBA-66.6% of those that participated voted GMB/PYO
0.0% voted GEJ/SAMBO
33.4% were neutral
IGBO-0.0% of those that participated voted GMB/PYO
50.0% voted GEJ/SAMBO
50.0% were neutral
HAUSA- 100% of those that participated voted GMB/PYO
0.0% voted GEJ/SAMBO
0.0% were neuttal
OTHER TRIBE-
100% maintained neutrality

CONCLUSION: If the voters were the only one to elect the president, GMB/PYO ticket wins the Presidential contest.
However, the number of people that participated in the survey and the spread of the participation are too small to generalise the result.
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by kingstylo01(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
lakesider:

odeh,its by election held august 2014
Grow up guy, can't you answer someone without insults? Is it a crime to ask questions?
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Umamman1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
I was at his home. lots of people cheating and dancing
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Too bad. He has only 2 weeks to stay in the Senate b4 a new election is done to replace him
He is already contesting for the same post with the present governor... He will still win because people like him
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by cluksy(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
Olodo rabata shocked
toxiflam:
kul

It is Niger State not Niger Republic
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by kingstylo01(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
meforyou1:
The election took place late last year. Sept or Oct
alright bro. Thanks
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Too bad. He has only 2 weeks to stay in the Senate b4 a new election is done to replace him
ow old re u? U must be a learner
Re: Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election by toxiflam: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
cluksy:
Olodo rabata shocked

It is Niger State not Niger Republic
U no go understand, everything get reason..
Just jump and pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omojuwa Mocks Sheriff, PDP Chairman / Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged / Dismissed Police Officer In Edo To Die By Hanging Over Extra-judicial Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.