Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N (4267 Views)

Obasanjo’s Book “my Watch” Adapted To Nollywood Movie(photo) / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / How GMB Killed Nollywood Actor, Nkem ‘osofia’ Owoh’s Brother In His Prime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 31, 2015
"I Can't Believe That Buhari Has The Nerve To Seek Re-election As President".- Osuofia
Bartholomew Owoh, one of the three young Nigerians executed by General Buhari for an offence that did not carry the death penalty is the elder brother of Nollywood actor, Nkem Owoh popularly known as Osuofia, emerging facts indicate.
A source close to the Nollywood actor revealed this to BREAKING TIMES on Thursday on condition of anonymity. According to the source, Nkem Owoh and the rest of his family have not recovered from the trauma of the cold-blooded murder of the three young men, particularly their brother and son, Bartholomew Owoh.
Bernard Ogedengbe (29), Bartholomew Owoh (26) and Lawal Ojuolape (30) publicly executed by Buhari for a crime that did not carry the death penalty at the time of the offence.
It will be recalled that Buhari, while he was military Head of State promulgated a decree prescribing death penalty for anyone caught for drug trafficking. But the trio of Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) committed the offence before Buhari came into power.
The laws of Nigeria at the time the offence was committed did not http://chinedusamuel..com/2015/01/so-sad-how-buhari-orderd-execution-of.html
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by musiwa94: 3:57am On Jan 31, 2015
M
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by OLADD: 4:32am On Jan 31, 2015
Entertainmentwd:
"I Can't Believe That Buhari Has The Nerve To Seek Re-election As President".- Osuofia
Bartholomew Owoh, one of the three young Nigerians executed by General Buhari for an offence that did not carry the death penalty is the elder brother of Nollywood actor, Nkem Owoh popularly known as Osuofia, emerging facts indicate.
A source close to the Nollywood actor revealed this to BREAKING TIMES on Thursday on condition of anonymity. According to the source, Nkem Owoh and the rest of his family have not recovered from the trauma of the cold-blooded murder of the three young men, particularly their brother and son, Bartholomew Owoh.
Bernard Ogedengbe (29), Bartholomew Owoh (26) and Lawal Ojuolape (30) publicly executed by Buhari for a crime that did not carry the death penalty at the time of the offence.
It will be recalled that Buhari, while he was military Head of State promulgated a decree prescribing death penalty for anyone caught for drug trafficking. But the trio of Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) committed the offence before Buhari came into power.
The laws of Nigeria at the time the offence was committed did not http://chinedusamuel..com/2015/01/so-sad-how-buhari-orderd-execution-of.html

Well, I am one of those who criticize GMB for the apparent reactive execution of the trio and I think he deserves the bashings.However, we must be very careful in our messages so as not to be seen as justifying the actual offences committed by the deceased guys. Drug trafficking, in my own assessment deserves capital punishment. Why? A drug peedler, who's not caught in the act must have succeeded in indirect "execution" (destruction) of many people. So, I think drug traffickers should be hanged before they succeed in "hanging" others through their heinous and illicit trade.
However, before we loose our track on this topic, Buhari without prejudice, should be condemned for that brutish execution simply because the maximum penalty prescribed by law as at the time they committed their respective offences was prison terms. He must have been driven by excessive power drunkenness, a trait that must not be allowed in this modern era.
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by ba7man(m): 4:35am On Jan 31, 2015
angrySo Nkem Owoh's bro was a drug traffiker.
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by Blackfire(m): 4:58am On Jan 31, 2015
are u SURE?
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by ajoskele(m): 5:00am On Jan 31, 2015
OLADD:

Well, I am one of those who criticize GMB for the apparent reactive execution of the trio and I think he deserves the bashings.However, we must be very careful in our messages so as not to be seen as justifying the actual offences committed by the deceased guys. Drug trafficking, in my own assessment deserves capital punishment. Why? A drug peedler, who's not caught in the act must have succeeded in indirect "execution" (destruction) of many people. So, I think drug traffickers should be hanged before they succeed in "hanging" others through their heinous and illicit trade.
However, before we loose our track on this topic, Buhari without prejudice, should be condemned for that brutish execution simply because the maximum penalty prescribed by law as at the time they committed their respective offences was prison terms. He must have been driven by excessive power drunkenness, a trait that must not be allowed in this modern era.
In the international community, drug peddling was our main export business.
He only needed a scapegoat, he got three!
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by moderatorr1: 5:04am On Jan 31, 2015
Buhari committed a capital offence by illegally over throwing a legitimate government.
Soon as he gets to power he starts executing people who committed minor offences in the past.
its like boko haram leader taking over nigerian government and start executing people not based on Nigerian law but based on his own laws and decrees.
Then show up 32 years latter to ask for election to Lead the nation legally.

Saying corruption was his reason to commit coup due tat is like a thief trying to justify armed rubbery using the excuse of poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by NeduLuiZ(m): 5:04am On Jan 31, 2015
you should as well declare him innocent .... Nigerians learn only the hardway,something GEJ is too clueless to do

rip to the dead .... Do the crime pay the prize
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by focus7: 5:53am On Jan 31, 2015
Go to ait and cry.
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by yuio33: 6:01am On Jan 31, 2015
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by Kakpos: 6:32am On Jan 31, 2015
EVERY WHERE IN THE WORLD DRUG IS DEATH OFFENCE IF YOU GO TO CHINA, IDIAN, UK ETC IGBOS ARE IN THOSE PRISON BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY BY GOING INTO DRUG, IN CHINA THEY USE THEIR KIDNEY WHEN ANY BIG MAN IS HAVING KIDNEY PROBLEM WE NEED DISCIPLINE IN THIS COUNTRY, DON'T BRING THIS TO POLITICS IS BAD FOR HIM(BATHOLOMEW) TO TRAFFIC DRUG.
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by OLADD: 7:05am On Jan 31, 2015
ajoskele:
In the international community, drug peddling was our main export business.
He only needed a scapegoat, he got three!

Can two wrongs make a right? Agreed he needed to send a strong message to drug traffikers at that time but should he have gone brutish by executing the trio when the prevailing law only prescribed jail terns? GMB obviously went beyond his boundaries.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2015
and i am sure ibb that helped a trafficker escape is a better man.
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by omonnakoda: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2015
For the record,Is it all 3 that were executed? Specifically was this Bartholomew Owoh executed?
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by Austindark(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2015
but seriously, I know is our right to contest elections but buhari should have forgotten abt his presidential ambitions....
is counterproductive. he has wrong so many. APC might just regret fielding him.
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by kay1one(m): 7:33am On Jan 31, 2015
Kakpos:
EVERY WHERE IN THE WORLD DRUG IS DEATH OFFENCE IF YOU GO TO CHINA, IDIAN, UK ETC IGBOS ARE IN THOSE PRISON BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY BY GOING INTO DRUG, IN CHINA THEY USE THEIR KIDNEY WHEN ANY BIG MAN IS HAVING KIDNEY PROBLEM WE NEED DISCIPLINE IN THIS COUNTRY, DON'T BRING THIS TO POLITICS IS BAD FOR HIM(BATHOLOMEW) TO TRAFFIC DRUG.

Im.becile!
Re: How Buhari Orderd The Execution Of Bartholomew Owoh, Brother To Nollywood Star N by Deicide: 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nawa o

(1) (Reply)

Would You Vote PMB Again If Given The Opportunity Considering The Current Issues / Forget government cover up, See why buhari invited Saraki and co / The Driver And The Cook Of Late Afenifere Daughter Narrated How She Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.