Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Small signs to show The End Is Coming - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Small signs to show The End Is Coming (48419 Views)

10 Signs To Identify Fake Pastors / The End Is Near. / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

And what metaphorical/allegorical reason would that be?

Meanwhile the red devil with horns didn't come up until medieval times...but that's by the way.

Yes at least you have understood the second point! The story is embellished to make it meaningful to the people of the times. The people long ago believed in the rubbish of numerology etc and would relate to 'magic numbers' and other such silliness.

So you (as a supposed Christian) believe in magic numbers like 666? Really? A supreme Diety or great God who created the Universe and is the ultimate scientist is concerned with one insignificant number?

It is hard for me not to despair when I see superstition like this!

1 Like

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Well if it was so insignificant then why use the number in the first place?

Asked before and answered in the VERY POST for anyone capable of understanding! Are you being deliberately obtuse? I am sure you fully understand but feel somehow that Christianity need these magic juju's to be valid!

Yet another example: IF the bible said that the very mountains jumped for joy would you realise the message was emphasising great joy or would you think mountains actually jumped?

The WORDS must be interpreted to get the message!
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by PastorOluT(m): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Do you understand allegory and metaphor? The people of biblical times did. Its merely painting a picture of evil/satan. Please don't take it literally when it mentions 666 etc.

I mean why ever would superstitious nonsense like that be relevant to our God or even to Satan? Leave that rubbish to the juju believing babalawos.

(Probably spelt babalawos wrong but you get the idea).

Christianity is about out relationship with God and our Salvation NOT a set of primitive taboo's and magic numbers fit only for the uneducated.

I say AGAIN and AGAIN what sort of foolish Christian is so uneducated (both temporally and spiritually) to actually believe that a mere number is significant in any manner to God, Satan or salvation?

U still cant explain a simple question with all ur ramblings? Forget what ever anyone says or think, and when u claim alegory or the likes about the nos, so what was the alegory portraying?

NB Ii believe if u can answer this then we can really discuss, but if u cant then I see ur hypocrisy and ignorance.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
PastorOluT:

U still cant explain a simple question with all ur ramblings? Forget what ever anyone says or think, and when u claim alegory or the likes about the nos, so what was the alegory portraying?

NB Ii believe if u can answer this then we can really discuss, but if u cant then I see ur hypocrisy and ignorance.

I have explained it so much and many times!

I think if you start to actually study the bible a little then (prayer helps also) it will become clear. The ALTERNATIVE is to believe that our God deals in magic, juju and numerology (666 indeed - rubbish). A distinctly primitive view of Christianity.

I suspect the 666 rubbish is the real rambling and ignorance.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by Elbisco(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
brocab:
Do you believe in the Rapture?
Pope is leading millions away from Christ.
He's last words were, Jesus is not the only way into heaven
thanks..quite lenghty but I read it all...did the pope really say that? (and which pope?)... And is internet the beast?

1 Like

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
End times is now living inside every home.

Without us knowing it, as I had stated in my last written statement, technology has hit the roof.

We are now at war, not a war we have seen in the past, this war is about a chemical warfare, and its happening under our noses.
Governments wanting to control the weather, having secrets hidden away from the public, hiding behind the media so one can report the lie, rather then reporting the truth.

After reading up about these end times events, soon I believe the world is about to come to a stand still.
2015-2016 could be a start for a third world war-that they say no-one has ever witnessed a war like this one coming.
As you read on, you will see that statements true.

Christians get ready, seek the lord hole hearted, give everything you have, read your bibles, turn on the internet, find as much info you can, warn the others, the time is coming, as we see it.

The Lord is calling his people, rise up, sound the alarm, and warn others, the time is near.
Matthew 24-Mark 13- and Luke 21, is close.
No-one knows, what time the thief is coming, be watchful, pray that your fight won't be in winter.

Again Cameras are on every street corner, on the highways, free ways, on building, your homes, your televisions, computers, phones,vehicles, Gps systems, public transport, airways, technology has spy planes, satellite's, bugs-bugs as big as fly's on the wall, and that's what they are a robotic fly on the wall, they say with the technology these bugs could kill their targets.
Is this the world we know? This all seems to be like a science fiction movie James Bond.

Movie's, cartoons, can be used as warning signs, with the technology, these government leaders are using, it's a sign to warn other believers, everybody, big brother is watching you, keeping tabs to and fro, before that big clean up hit the streets.

Sounds crazy, it is crazy.

You have been watched at home at work even walking your dog, your children are watched, at school, with friends, technology is tracking you.
They track you through Facebook, Emails, cell phones, every where you go, they are watching you.

Satan's plan is to murder 95% of the world's population.
Last year all the Government leaders from every nation came together to a small Island called Australia.
Obama and other great leaders have voted in a new world order, with the world already at war, there plan is to push for more Climate changes, to control the weather nations wide, using Chem-trials as a chemical weapon against us, that live.

Already science had made a man made killer disease-Ebola placing this inside Africa, one of many poorest countries; only to lower the world's population.
Before that Aids was introduced into our system, where thousands died around the world.
Other diseases have come and gone.

Another one of Satan's plan is to control the world, slowly but surely.

The American dollar is on the raise to crash, followed by other countries that are supporting the new world order.
The shock markets are on the raise to crash.
Leading banks are on the raise to crash, food markets, no fuel, no oil, no electricity, no gas, no computers, no heating, the dollar is lost.

Soon the chip will be our only sauce to connect, are you willing to take that mark.

Marshal law has-Fema camps ready for the mass clean up, in America alone, where are the homeless, from the lower class to the middle class, from the rich to the richer, will be rounded up like animals-placed into Fema camps, a modern day holocaust-built with guillotines ready for the slaughter to begin.

Governments are now using this technology against you-only to be treated like animals, hunted down; for a killing spree to begin.
Fema camps are built around the globe, as prisons, without criminal justice, without freedom, we as human beings are all classed as a act of a terrorist towards ourselves.
And where does one hold such a terrorist? In places no-one can find.
Fema camps are built outside every city, town, and suburban areas.
Trains are being built with shackles to fit on either side of each carriage.

Government big brothers are watching you, placing red stickers or crosses around your homes, others receive blue or yellow colour coded stickers either on your letter boxes, all painted crosses on the street or foot paths.

If you have a red sticker it means when marshal law falls into place the soldiers have the power taking you out of your homes given you the death sentence with no Questions asked.

If you have a blue sticker, then the soldiers will take you to a Fema camp, you will either be brainwashed by the authorized leaders, either to follow the new world order, or a one world religion, if you refused, you will be sentenced to death by decapitated of one guillotine place in each camp.
The yellow sticker you are free to stay at home

Satan's plan is to destroy God's creation, taken them to hell.
But for us Christians we have the Lord to get us through these evil times heading our way.
Mark 13:19-20 "For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be.
"And unless the Lord has shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake. "Whom He chose", He would shortened the days.
That's whom He chose's, not everyone will meet the criteria of His final call.

Jesus had warned us about these events coming.
Matthew 24-Mark 13-and Luke 21, and revelation.

Jesus Christ is lord.

Amen.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
brocab:
End times is now living inside every home.

Without us knowing it, as I had stated in my last written statement, technology has hit the roof.

... blah blah .. Various rantings and ravings about current technology and society. ''' blah blah ...
Jesus had warned us about these events coming.
Matthew 24-Mark 13-and Luke 21, and revelation.

Jesus Christ is lord.
Amen.

And as I have said earlier the times change so the fanatics change their signs! It could be the technology of the devils printing press or the Mongol invasion or the black death plague.

In thousands of years time they will still be spouting the exact same rubbish merely updated for the times!

Beware false prophets!

1 Like

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 3:22am On Feb 08, 2015
Do I call you Mr blah blah blah, or would you prefer God.
Since you have no clue about these end time events coming our way, without reading scriptures or watching the worldly news, you believe you can see into our future-technology more then others, without knowledge or wisdom, you can not possibly understand what is coming.
If you are a believer in Christ-which I dealt, dust you come, dust you will return.

If you are a believer and you believe Jesus warned us about he's coming, then spread the news, not every believer listens to God, not every believer understands the end-time events, most believers are to frighten to even look at the end-time scriptures.
If you are a believer you would know everyone has a calling in the body of Christ, and it's the body that informs us of these times coming.

And by your script it show clearly you can't see past your own pity, another one hits the dust.

So the world hangs around you Mr blah-or God, trying to talk me down on your lower level of life, either a believer or not, you are rubbishing the Lord.
Because I have chosen to step out of my comfort zone, to warn other believers and those who have chosen to read my script.
You carrying a mocking spirit and you have chosen to not only twist the word of God, but you have lowered yourself down just to satisfy your evil deeds.
You are accountable for everyone you miss lead.

If you haven't a clue where you are heading, and your not saved in Christ, or even interested in Christ.

Then I advise you, before you have any thought, turn on your internet look up end time news, watch television world news, this world is about to come to a stand still, and what people are about to witness, will shock the world.
And those who rely on technology like you do, the faery you stand for, will collapse, indeed.

Don't preach what one don't know.
One may say: how can we survive?
Without Christ you can't?

Amen..

KoloOyinbo:

And as I have said earlier the times change so the fanatics change their signs! It could be the technology of the devils printing press or the Mongol invasion or the black death plague.

In thousands of years time they will still be spouting the exact same rubbish merely updated for the times!

Beware false prophets!

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 7:39am On Feb 08, 2015
The last of the Popes that stand today in the Vatican.
The internet is called the beast, reason it controls the world, one push of a button can destroy all man kind.
Look around you, all ages rely on the net, at home in the office, on cell phones, schools, everywhere you look someone is on the net.
We live in a world of a false reality, no-one cares, we are strangers to the old world we knew.
From the hard working healthy men and women we once were, we now live in a world, of unhealthy obesity strangers, who haven't any clue how to communicate in real life, other then texting, or relating to friends family involved in the net.
Without any communication, the love of many will grow cold.
Elbisco:
thanks..quite lenghty but I read it all...did the pope really say that? (and which pope?)... And is internet the beast?
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
brocab:
Do I call you Mr blah blah blah, or would you prefer God.
Since you have no clue about these end time events coming our way, without reading scriptures or watching the worldly news, you believe you can see into our future-technology more then others, without knowledge or wisdom, you can not possibly understand what is coming.
If you are a believer in Christ-which I dealt, dust you come, dust you will return.

If you are a believer and you believe Jesus warned us about he's coming, then spread the news, not every believer listens to God, not every believer understands the end-time events, most believers are to frighten to even look at the end-time scriptures.
If you are a believer you would know everyone has a calling in the body of Christ, and it's the body that informs us of these times coming.

And by your script it show clearly you can't see past your own pity, another one hits the dust.

So the world hangs around you Mr blah-or God, trying to talk me down on your lower level of life, either a believer or not, you are rubbishing the Lord.
Because I have chosen to step out of my comfort zone, to warn other believers and those who have chosen to read my script.
You carrying a mocking spirit and you have chosen to not only twist the word of God, but you have lowered yourself down just to satisfy your evil deeds.
You are accountable for everyone you miss lead.

If you haven't a clue where you are heading, and your not saved in Christ, or even interested in Christ.

Then I advise you, before you have any thought, turn on your internet look up end time news, watch television world news, this world is about to come to a stand still, and what people are about to witness, will shock the world.
And those who rely on technology like you do, the faery you stand for, will collapse, indeed.

Don't preach what one don't know.
One may say: how can we survive?
Without Christ you can't?

Amen..

If you are going to put words into my mouth at least try and make them accurate. You twist everything I say to garner sympathy - a trait of uneducated fools who lack the intellect to construct a logical argument.

I'm not sure why you have even introduced technology or what stupid point your are trying (and failing) to make with it.

I mock YOU not the word of God, which you don't seem to understand at all. But then how could you with your limited education and intellect!

I doubt you have ever travelled outside of Naija to increase your experience and education as your viewpoints and attitudes are so primitive.

AGAIN you duck the issue of your denomination - but we all know why!

As for looking on the internet for all the bad things happening "wars and rumours of wars" etc. Are you really so ignorant as not to know these things have always been happening and even more so that today. We just are made more aware of it by modern communications. The evil doers of long ago mostly got away with their crimes whereas today they are often pursed over the world caught and brought to justice - certainly more than in the past. When disasters happen the world reacts and sends aid etc. The signs are no more fulfilled today than a thousand years ago. If anything the arguments a thousand years ago were more compelling!

Think carefully why the vast majority of educated Christians do not believe end days are near. Has the bulk of Christianity got it wrong? Are the minority fringe fundamentalists (mostly of little education and low IQ) the ONLY few to have got it right!

You are typical of a small minority on Nairaland who will make some absurd statement and when corrected contrive every silly argument to avoid appearing foolish without realising how silly everyone else perceives you.

When you cannot argue logically of back up what you say with the slightest evidence you resort to personal attacks!

As for your pathetic attempts to preach what you do not understand I have heard better from fake pastors.

You fool no one into thinking your are the slightest bit Godly!
If fact your posts reek of the opposite!

1 Like

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 2:15am On Feb 09, 2015
You have a lot to learn.
False prophets give false dates, and I don't think you understand what a false prophet is.

And every believer knows they have nothing to fear if they follow Christ.

As the Lord say's when you are walking though the shadow of death fear no evil.

Luke 21:16-18, "You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will send some of you to death.
"And you will be hated by My names sake.
"But not a hair of your head shall be lost.

So my end-time scripts don't put fear or offend other believers, but you alone.

Scripture tells the word, the Lord say's in his words-Mark 13:32-"But of that day and the hour on-one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the father.

Take heed watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

"It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and Commanded the doorkeeper to watch.
"Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of that house is coming.
V's 37, "And what I say to you, I say to all Watch.

What do you think the Lord is telling you?

When one looks into Matthew 24- Mark 13- and Luke 21, and scripture shows clearly, these same prophesies are even to this day, sound the alarm, prophets in the old testament done just that.

How do you think the bible was written, Jesus told his story. prophets prophesied.

The prophets were discriminated and murdered, even after they had prophesied, the Lord is coming.

Anybody who have stepped out of their comfort zone, and spoke out about the scriptures have been discriminated, by calling them false prophets and other names, by people like you.

But that's pretty cool, I must be doing something right.

By their fruits you will know them.

No-one is forcing people to come to God, everyone has a choice.
When someone witness to the Lost, what do they do?
What do you do? are any saved.

We can argue this point for as long as it takes, or we can come to that peaceful place in our hearts, praying thank you lord you have people out their spreading the word of God across our nations.
It don't matter how one is putting the message across, either way the word of God is spreading.

I'm a watchman, and I will always spread end times events, warning the people who believe, and others who don't.
The Lord uses people who are willing.

Are you willing?

I must say: you sound very religious.

KoloOyinbo:

Oh. As a Christian I have no problem believing the MESSAGE of the Bible and in Christ.

MY problem is believing in the false prophets that have spouted rubbish about end days for the last few thousand years and will be doing so for the next MANY thousands!

As for your 'pity' remarks etc etc. I merely smile.

Please stop your scaremongering. You cannot frighten people into believing in God and the Bibles message is MUCH more important than a vague statement of the end of the world which morons have been predicting using all these false arguments we have seen in this thread for a LONG time!

Believe in God because it is the RIGHT thing to do. Not because you think the world is about to end (which it is NOT). We all die and that is the end of our personal world!

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
brocab:
You have a lot to learn.
False prophets give false dates, and I don't think you understand what a false prophet is.

And every believer knows they have nothing to fear if they follow Christ.

As the Lord say's when you are walking though the shadow of death fear no evil.

Luke 21:16-18, "You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will send some of you to death.
"And you will be hated by My names sake.
"But not a hair of your head shall be lost.

So my end-time scripts don't put fear or offend other believers, but you alone.

Scripture tells the word, the Lord say's in his words-Mark 13:32-"But of that day and the hour on-one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the father.

Take heed watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

"It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and Commanded the doorkeeper to watch.
"Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of that house is coming.
V's 37, "And what I say to you, I say to all Watch.

What do you think the Lord is telling you?

When one looks into Matthew 24- Mark 13- and Luke 21, and scripture shows clearly, these same prophesies are even to this day, sound the alarm, prophets in the old testament done just that.

How do you think the bible was written, Jesus told his story. prophets prophesied.
The prophets were discriminated and murdered, even after they had prophesied, the Lord is coming.
Anybody who have stepped out of their comfort zone, and spoke out about the scriptures have been discriminated, by calling them false prophets and other names, by people like you.
But that's pretty cool, I must be doing something right.
By their fruits you will know them.
No-one is forcing people to come to God, everyone has a choice.
When someone witness to the Lost, what do they do?
What do you do? are any saved.
We can argue this point for as long as it takes, or we can come to that peaceful place in our hearts, praying thank you lord you have people out their spreading the word of God across our nations.
It don't matter how one is putting the message across, either way the word of God is spreading.
I'm a watchman, and I will always spread end times events, warning the people who believe, and others who don't.
The Lord uses people who are willing.
Are you willing?
I must say: you sound very religious.

Yes I follow Christ and study the Bible BOTH personally AND in a weekly study group. I fully understand what false prophets are and as there is little indication that we are in the 'last days' (news simply travels faster and wider but there was as much evil in the world two thousand years ago as today [perhaps more]) I regard most people preaching 'last days' to scare people as false prophets. Read the wonderful message of the Bible not just the words written by people of thousands of years ago and reflecting the culture and knowledge of the times. The metaphors and allegories are somewhat dated as would be expected but the MESSAGE is timeless! A message that will be as relevant THOUSANDS of years into the future as it is today!
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
Maybe you should just relax, being angry won't win the war, its your choice if you believe or not, but you don't answer for those who believe in end time prophesies, the hole bible is a prophesy.

We are all part of the body of Christ, and if you don't like how the body works, then your argument is with the Lord.

No-one is forcing you to believe either way, it's not people who are scared of bible truths, its you.
People like myself do see the changes, do watch the news, do listen to others, do watch, do study these changes matching it up with bible scriptures.
I suppose you believe the twin towers are still standing?
I seen them fall.
And yet in bible scriptures say the towers had falling.

I suppose Israel is not at war, and yet the bible scriptures, tells they are.

Bible scriptures say 200.000.000 will surround Israel, people like myself are watching Isis, they say, they have those numbers.

But until one is sure with scripture, we can only wait for the out come to rise up.

So we warn our believers to watch, spread the word if one hears any changes.

But you, you can sit back and rubbish what you call false prophets. but remember this, when ever the time comes, be ready because you don't know when the thief will come.

Wisdom comes from the lord.

Prove you are right, and prove me wrong-we are not in the end times.
Even in Bible scripture Jesus and other prophets preach on prophesy about these end time events thousands of years ago.

And you say, as quote-read the the wonderful messages of the bible, not just people of thousands of years ago and reflecting the culture and knowledge of the times.
Well I don't know about you speaking out the prophesies that were spoken a thousand years ago, it puts a smile on my face, we can only be one step closer to the Lord.

Maybe you should share some of those wonderful scriptures you are not frighten off.

So if you follow Christ as you say you do, then believe in his own words about end time prophesy.
Question are you a female?
KoloOyinbo:

Yes I follow Christ and study the Bible BOTH personally AND in a weekly study group. I fully understand what false prophets are and as there is little indication that we are in the 'last days' (news simply travels faster and wider but there was as much evil in the world two thousand years ago as today [perhaps more]) I regard most people preaching 'last days' to scare people as false prophets. Read the wonderful message of the Bible not just the words written by people of thousands of years ago and reflecting the culture and knowledge of the times. The metaphors and allegories are somewhat dated as would be expected but the MESSAGE is timeless! A message that will be as relevant THOUSANDS of years into the future as it is today!
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
brocab:
Maybe you should just relax, being angry won't win the war, its your choice if you believe or not, but you don't answer for those who believe in end time prophesies, the hole bible is a prophesy.
We are all part of the body of Christ, and if you don't like how the body works, then your argument is with the Lord.
No-one is forcing you to believe either way, it's not people who are scared of bible truths, its you.
People like myself do see the changes, do watch the news, do listen to others, do watch, do study these changes matching it up with bible scriptures.
I suppose you believe the twin towers are still standing?
I seen them fall.
And yet in bible scriptures say the towers had falling.
I suppose Israel is not at war, and yet the bible scriptures, tells they are.
Bible scriptures say 200.000.000 will surround Israel, people like myself are watching Isis, they say, they have those numbers.
But until one is sure with scripture, we can only wait for the out come to rise up.
So we warn our believers to watch, spread the word if one hears any changes.
But you, you can sit back and rubbish what you call false prophets. but remember this, when ever the time comes, be ready because you don't know when the thief will come.
Wisdom comes from the lord.
Prove you are right, and prove me wrong-we are not in the end times.
Even in Bible scripture Jesus and other prophets preach on prophesy about these end time events thousands of years ago.
And you say, as quote-read the the wonderful messages of the bible, not just people of thousands of years ago and reflecting the culture and knowledge of the times.
Well I don't know about you speaking out the prophesies that were spoken a thousand years ago, it puts a smile on my face, we can only be one step closer to the Lord.
Maybe you should share some of those wonderful scriptures you are not frighten off.
So if you follow Christ as you say you do, then believe in his own words about end time prophesy.
Question are you a female?

Nope I'm not female, very much Male and engaged to an Edo babe. I also not angry just amused at the short sightedness of folks who focus on detail meant to be metaphorical or allegorical (Does God really care if it is 200,000 or 200,001? Of course NOT! The number was meant to illustrate a point not be an exact limit).

As to proof - your question has been asked for the last two thousand years! It will continue to be asked for a least another two thousand I am sure! cheesy
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 12:16am On Feb 10, 2015
Still can't prove me wrong?
This maybe out of your league, but I'm writing to you with faith.
It don't matter how long these scriptures have been written, it don't matter if people were still talking about the end-time prophesies thousands of years ago, the point is they are still pasting that very same message around today.
From generation to generation still the believers believe in bible prophesy.
And truth behind the veil, still exist.
The bible gives many examples of signs that should warn us of the coming end of the age, six such signs were given by Jesus, two characteristics by Paul and the other eleven by prophets, to occur prior to, or soon after the end times coming.

While we are also told we will not know the time and the end, God obviously wanted us to know when the time was getting closer.
As the Christian Churches is increasingly drawn into the interfaith movement, and as more and more Churches go into isolation, preparing to sleep through the growing attracts on their faith, perhaps God knew it would take a few signs to wake us up and remind us all, that we have work to do.
Unfortunately many Christians take the verses that tell us we wont know the time of his coming, to say, they ignore any and all scripture that might warn us of the time of tribulation.
Others have falling into the trap of fearing being labelled a "conspiracy false prophet" should they display an interest in the biblical prophesies about our future earth.
You must understand-God concluded it in the bible and, since, God is all knowing, we should trust' that is something we should know and study along with the rest of his word written in the bible.
It is increasingly obvious the time of our Lord's coming is drawing near.
Prophesy is being fulfilled daily, and at a faster pace ever before.
Whether you believe it a pre-tribulation, wrath, and final Judgement matters not. The beginning of birth pains and the signs of the times should have the same effect on us all, giving us a more wanting to share to good news to others.

I don't know where you are retrieving any of your information from, but I have news for you, God does care for his people, that is why the bible was written, though bible prophesy, and if 200,000.000 troops surrounded Israel at least God can say I had warned my people though bible prophesy.

But don't feel alone, many who say they believe like you, when a disaster strict s, you will be the first to say I never seen that coming.
But if it happened around your closers friends-family, you would be first to start cursing God.
Why "God" have you allowed this to happen, why 'God" didn't you warn me?
The Lord will say: I did' I had sounded the alarm time after time over and over and you have chosen to ignore my word.

And as I write my scripts on end-time prophesies, you have been warned, all written in the bible is truth.

So you can go back to your fairy-land Idea's of life, and leave bible scriptures to those who are really seeking.
And if you don't want to read what is written, be wise and turn the page.

Just as simple as that?

Jesus Christ is Lord.
KoloOyinbo:

Nope I'm not female, very much Male and engaged to an Edo babe. I also not angry just amused at the short sightedness of folks who focus on detail meant to be metaphorical or allegorical (Does God really care if it is 200,000 or 200,001? Of course NOT! The number was meant to illustrate a point not be an exact limit).

As to proof - your question has been asked for the last two thousand years! It will continue to be asked for a least another two thousand I am sure! cheesy
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 2:23am On Feb 10, 2015
With this message, it shows clearly you don't believe.
Even Jesus prophesied about the end times into our future, is he a false prophet too?
And if you think you will die when your time is up, then I pray the Lord will give you enough wisdom to say we live.
KoloOyinbo:

Oh. As a Christian I have no problem believing the MESSAGE of the Bible and in Christ.

MY problem is believing in the false prophets that have spouted rubbish about end days for the last few thousand years and will be doing so for the next MANY thousands!

As for your 'pity' remarks etc etc. I merely smile.

Please stop your scaremongering. You cannot frighten people into believing in God and the Bibles message is MUCH more important than a vague statement of the end of the world which morons have been predicting using all these false arguments we have seen in this thread for a LONG time!

Believe in God because it is the RIGHT thing to do. Not because you think the world is about to end (which it is NOT). We all die and that is the end of our personal world!

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 3:06am On Feb 10, 2015
I have been reading through your scripts, you really don't see it coming do you.
Its not about numbers, its the meaning of those numbers being put out there.
You may think the Lord don't care for his people as you have posted, but I a sure you we are seeing the signs of the end of the age coming towards us.
You are a anti believer in end-time prophesies.

A matter of fact, none of your faery's have any scriptures attached to any thing you write.
Not even those wonderful scriptures I had asked you to share.

Superstition can mean either way good or evil, and people seem to cling either on their fears or use items such as teddy bears, rabbit foots or even photo's to remind them they are safe, some have fears only because, someone or something had frightened them as a child or later in life, or in some cases a disaster that cured had put the shivers up their backs, some can't cope, others after receiving support can, but theirs a fear in every man, when one meets the unknown.

Did we not as a child believe in the boogie man, did we believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, this all comes under superstition.
And because Christianity see's the signs, its not uneducated superstitious or even nonsense or even degrading, its a blessing for us all to enjoy and know the Lord is on his way.
KoloOyinbo:

Don't understand your comment. I thought things were clear - reducing Christianity to silly uneducated superstitious nonsense is clearly degrading!

666 is evil but 667 is ok. What about 666.00001. See how daft it all is. Look at the message not just a few word taken out of context. It is excellent that Christianity is growing so fast in the developing world but we all need to ensure that is does so without all the ignorant superstitions that some people ascribe to it.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2015
brocab:
With this message, it shows clearly you don't believe.
Even Jesus prophesied about the end times into our future, is he a false prophet too?
And if you think you will die when your time is up, then I pray the Lord will give you enough wisdom to say we live.

No. He also said of that day and hour no man shall know. These stupid misinterpretations of signs have been talked about for thousands of years and will be talked about for many more thousands more.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:13am On Feb 10, 2015
brocab:
Still can't prove me wrong?
This maybe out of your league, but I'm writing to you with faith.
It don't matter how long these scriptures have been written, it don't matter if people were still talking about the end-time prophesies thousands of years ago, the point is they are still pasting that very same message around today.
From generation to generation still the believers believe in bible prophesy.
And truth behind the veil, still exist.
The bible gives many examples of signs that should warn us of the coming end of the age, six such signs were given by Jesus, two characteristics by Paul and the other eleven by prophets, to occur prior to, or soon after the end times coming.

While we are also told we will not know the time and the end, God obviously wanted us to know when the time was getting closer.
As the Christian Churches is increasingly drawn into the interfaith movement, and as more and more Churches go into isolation, preparing to sleep through the growing attracts on their faith, perhaps God knew it would take a few signs to wake us up and remind us all, that we have work to do.
Unfortunately many Christians take the verses that tell us we wont know the time of his coming, to say, they ignore any and all scripture that might warn us of the time of tribulation.
Others have falling into the trap of fearing being labelled a "conspiracy false prophet" should they display an interest in the biblical prophesies about our future earth.
You must understand-God concluded it in the bible and, since, God is all knowing, we should trust' that is something we should know and study along with the rest of his word written in the bible.
It is increasingly obvious the time of our Lord's coming is drawing near.
Prophesy is being fulfilled daily, and at a faster pace ever before.
Whether you believe it a pre-tribulation, wrath, and final Judgement matters not. The beginning of birth pains and the signs of the times should have the same effect on us all, giving us a more wanting to share to good news to others.

I don't know where you are retrieving any of your information from, but I have news for you, God does care for his people, that is why the bible was written, though bible prophesy, and if 200,000.000 troops surrounded Israel at least God can say I had warned my people though bible prophesy.
But don't feel alone, many who say they believe like you, when a disaster strict s, you will be the first to say I never seen that coming.
But if it happened around your closers friends-family, you would be first to start cursing God.
Why "God" have you allowed this to happen, why 'God" didn't you warn me?
The Lord will say: I did' I had sounded the alarm time after time over and over and you have chosen to ignore my word.
And as I write my scripts on end-time prophesies, you have been warned, all written in the bible is truth.
So you can go back to your fairy-land Idea's of life, and leave bible scriptures to those who are really seeking.
And if you don't want to read what is written, be wise and turn the page.
Just as simple as that?
Jesus Christ is Lord.

Did you read my post? Every day that passes without the end proves you wrong as wrong as the false prophets of the last few thousand years (and the next few).
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2015
brocab:
I have been reading through your scripts, you really don't see it coming do you.
Its not about numbers, its the meaning of those numbers being put out there.
You may think the Lord don't care for his people as you have posted, but I a sure you we are seeing the signs of the end of the age coming towards us.
You are a anti believer in end-time prophesies.

A matter of fact, none of your faery's have any scriptures attached to any thing you write.
Not even those wonderful scriptures I had asked you to share.

Superstition can mean either way good or evil, and people seem to cling either on their fears or use items such as teddy bears, rabbit foots or even photo's to remind them they are safe, some have fears only because, someone or something had frightened them as a child or later in life, or in some cases a disaster that cured had put the shivers up their backs, some can't cope, others after receiving support can, but theirs a fear in every man, when one meets the unknown.

Did we not as a child believe in the boogie man, did we believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, this all comes under superstition.
And because Christianity see's the signs, its not uneducated superstitious or even nonsense or even degrading, its a blessing for us all to enjoy and know the Lord is on his way.

Calling me an anti believer and (in another post) stating I don't believe in Jesus is a rather unchristian attempt to insult! For my part I feel no need to retaliate!

Superstition is all the things you mention about PLUS blind uneducated acceptance of something as literal when clearly it was meant to be allegorical or metaphorical. I have tried to explain this to several times but you don't seem to grasp the point.

I am sorry if you are disappointed that the end does not come to punish the rest of world! I guess the Lord has bigger and better plans for us all long before that happens. Take heart even you will have a role in that LONG TERM plan.

As for your quotes I am well aware of them and study the scriptures (in various translations and from various viewpoints). If you understand them at all you will realise that you cannot extract ONE or TWO verses OUT OF CONTEXT. That way you can only get the literal meaning and not the true message. This is a common mistake even among pastors who should have been educated enough to avid this error.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
You are funny- You tell me you are a Christian but you don't use scripture to back up any word you say-So what kind of a Christian are you, Jehovah? Mormon? Am I getting close?
If you believe you could teach me "not", and your post still shows clearly you are a anti end-time believer in prophesies.
Then maybe you talk with a foreign tongue.
Does anyone understand you?
KoloOyinbo:

Calling me an anti believer and (in another post) stating I don't believe in Jesus is a rather unchristian attempt to insult! For my part I feel no need to retaliate!

Superstition is all the things you mention about PLUS blind uneducated acceptance of something as literal when clearly it was meant to be allegorical or metaphorical. I have tried to explain this to several times but you don't seem to grasp the point.

I am sorry if you are disappointed that the end does not come to punish the rest of world! I guess the Lord has bigger and better plans for us all long before that happens. Take heart even you will have a role in that LONG TERM plan.

As for your quotes I am well aware of them and study the scriptures (in various translations and from various viewpoints). If you understand them at all you will realise that you cannot extract ONE or TWO verses OUT OF CONTEXT. That way you can only get the literal meaning and not the true message. This is a common mistake even among pastors who should have been educated enough to avid this error.

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Relax, I'm not against you, matter of fact you are funny, no-one said you are anti believer, you are just a anti believer when it comes to end-times prophesies.
I like the way you have put your quote across, stating I don't believe in Jesus is a rather unchristian attempt to insult!
Question-do you know Jesus or does Jesus know you?
Your other quotes don't make any sense?
KoloOyinbo:

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
With your mouthing off shows, but clearly without scriptures, then we can only prove you, are the false prophet.

And like many who believe they can give prophesy without wisdom and knowledge from the Lord, and this proves in your case you are trying to warn people away from scripture, because you yourself don't believe, by bringing people to your level' you are swaying others away from bible prophesy, even to the point in these latest prophesies that have been recently fulfilled.

Shame on you-you are a false prophet with no Questions asked.
Everyone you miss-leads God's chosen, God will add and have the last say on judgement day.

Repent ask for forgiveness while theirs still time, if you refuse I don't like your chances.
Come on brother you can do it-beat Satan at his game,
KoloOyinbo:

Did you read my post? Every day that passes without the end proves you wrong as wrong as the false prophets of the last few thousand years (and the next few).
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
brocab:
With your mouthing off shows, but clearly without scriptures, then we can only prove you, are the false prophet.
And like many who believe they can give prophesy without wisdom and knowledge from the Lord, and this proves in your case you are trying to warn people away from scripture, because you yourself don't believe, by bringing people to your level' you are swaying others away from bible prophesy, even to the point in these latest prophesies that have been recently fulfilled.
Shame on you-you are a false prophet with no Questions asked.
Everyone you miss-leads God's chosen, God will add and have the last say on judgement day.
Repent ask for forgiveness while theirs still time, if you refuse I don't like your chances.
Come on brother you can do it-beat Satan at his game,

I study scripture as I have said to you more than once. I refuse to demean and misuse it by quoting isolated lines without regard to the overall message.

I prophesy nothing except that you misunderstand the Bibles message as other before you have done for thousands of years so false prophet back at YOU!

MOST Christians do NOT accept we are in the last days (I am tempted to say the more educated ones from countries with the best educational systems).

Believing the end days are tomorrow or in a million years time is irrelevant to one Salvation - it is the belief in Christ as our Lord and Savour that is central so please don't call on me to repent for simply disagreeing with you! As I said, when the world is still here you will be proven wrong.

Sadly most people who support this end days nonsense (while still probably Christians) do so not from any belief in Christianity but from their inability to fit into a dynamic and educated world!

Gods message is all around us as well you know! He MADE the entire UNIVERSE, he shows us HOW it works on a daily basis. There is little indication of it coming to an end anytime soon.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 8:49am On Feb 11, 2015
Really who cares.

You ain't ready to read scripture, you haven't open your eye's, to see any changes happening out of the orderly.
Your not open to even share one bible scripture.

To be honest if you are a believer, you would see the scriptures open up to you, even in these last day's, you would recognize, how the world is changing at a faster rate.

Climate changers-is to do with the weather, chem-trails, Governments are spraying poisons into our airways, Obama say's America is no-longer a Christian country, Fema camps are being built around our nations, guillotines have been placed in each-all built in a modern day version like the holocaust, gas clambers, burners, Christians are being murdered at a larger scale, villages, Churches are being burnt to the ground, Christians are being slaughtered all over the world, in larger numbers.
Schools are no longer allowed to preach about Jesus, public street preachers are being arrested, charge with disterving the peace.
Prosperity preachers robbing God through tithes and offerings-33-rd degree Freemasons pastoring mega Churches showing signs and wonders of the illuminati pyramids on stage while the sitters are enjoying the comforts of Hell.

Freemasons under the illuminati, religious leaders, world Government's are pushing for the one world order even to this day,and coming under the new religion-the recent POPE had claimed to the world, Jesus is not the only way to heaven.

Preachers across our nations are twisting bible scriptures for the gain {money}
1 Timothy 6: men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means for Gain-money.
From such with draw yourselves.

America's "$" is on the merge to crash, followed by the stock markets, the leading banks are ready to close, and you can't see it?

China Russia Nth Korea Isis have declared war against America and the world, already the world's at war, spreading deceases changing the weather pattern, extra tidal waves tornado's in un-suspected area's, hurricanes smashing the land like never was before, and you cant see it?

Israel is now planning for the new temple to be rebuilt, {that same temple Jesus predicted it will be torn in two} Jews training the Levites to service once more-as it was from the Old Testament, and making the golden altars the veil which took years to sow is now ready.
And you can't see it?

And this is all in bible prophesies,that Jesus warned us about these end-times.
Believe it all not-It's your choice,

This is right under your nose, the blind don't see, what the blind don't know?

If you still believe these things won't happen for another thousand years.

Than believe.

KoloOyinbo:

I study scripture as I have said to you more than once. I refuse to demean and misuse it by quoting isolated lines without regard to the overall message.

I prophesy nothing except that you misunderstand the Bibles message as other before you have done for thousands of years so false prophet back at YOU!

MOST Christians do NOT accept we are in the last days (I am tempted to say the more educated ones from countries with the best educational systems).

Believing the end days are tomorrow or in a million years time is irrelevant to one Salvation - it is the belief in Christ as our Lord and Savour that is central so please don't call on me to repent for simply disagreeing with you! As I said, when the world is still here you will be proven wrong.

Sadly most people who support this end days nonsense (while still probably Christians) do so not from any belief in Christianity but from their inability to fit into a dynamic and educated world!

Gods message is all around us as well you know! He MADE the entire UNIVERSE, he shows us HOW it works on a daily basis. There is little indication of it coming to an end anytime soon.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
brocab:
Really who cares.
You ain't ready to read scripture, you haven't open your eye's, to see any changes happening out of the orderly.
Your not open to even share one bible scripture.
To be honest if you are a believer, you would see the scriptures open up to you, even in these last day's, you would recognize, how the world is changing at a faster rate.
Climate changers-is to do with the weather, chem-trails, Governments are spraying poisons into our airways, Obama say's America is no-longer a Christian country, Fema camps are being built around our nations, guillotines have been placed in each-all built in a modern day version like the holocaust, gas clambers, burners, Christians are being murdered at a larger scale, villages, Churches are being burnt to the ground, Christians are being slaughtered all over the world, in larger numbers.
Schools are no longer allowed to preach about Jesus, public street preachers are being arrested, charge with disterving the peace.
Prosperity preachers robbing God through tithes and offerings-33-rd degree Freemasons pastoring mega Churches showing signs and wonders of the illuminati pyramids on stage while the sitters are enjoying the comforts of Hell.
Freemasons under the illuminati, religious leaders, world Government's are pushing for the one world order even to this day,and coming under the new religion-the recent POPE had claimed to the world, Jesus is not the only way to heaven.
Preachers across our nations are twisting bible scriptures for the gain {money}
1 Timothy 6: men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means for Gain-money.
From such with draw yourselves.
America's "$" is on the merge to crash, followed by the stock markets, the leading banks are ready to close, and you can't see it?
China Russia Nth Korea Isis have declared war against America and the world, already the world's at war, spreading deceases changing the weather pattern, extra tidal waves tornado's in un-suspected area's, hurricanes smashing the land like never was before, and you cant see it?
Israel is now planning for the new temple to be rebuilt, {that same temple Jesus predicted it will be torn in two} Jews training the Levites to service once more-as it was from the Old Testament, and making the golden altars the veil which took years to sow is now ready.
And you can't see it?
And this is all in bible prophesies,that Jesus warned us about these end-times.
Believe it all not-It's your choice,
This is right under your nose, the blind don't see, what the blind don't know?
If you still believe these things won't happen for another thousand years.
Than believe.

Well I'm reading this as I have JUST returned from Bible study.

I seriously doubt your level of education as you constantly miss the point.

I'm sorry my viewpoint (the majority Christian viewpoint by the way) upsets your rather limited view of Christianity so much that you have to try and be insulting in place of a rational argument.

A quote in isolation from the bible can usually be countered by another in isolation. Eg
Turn the other cheek - versus - an eye for an eye. This is used by non believers to denigrate the Bible and by those who misunderstand scripture to continue pointless arguments. That is why we must address scripture as a consistent and coherent whole!

Of that time and hour no man shall know.

As for signs they are so vague that (as I have repeatedly pointed out) they have been saying this rubbish for thousands of years. Why is one doomsayer today any more correct in their interpretation than the fools of a thousand years ago.

Sorry if this disappoints you but please focus NOT on the punishment of others but on your own salvation.

I see you ignored the point that this issue (right or wrong) is NOT the core of Christianity but sadly I am not surprised!
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 1:19am On Feb 12, 2015
Trying to sound intelligent is not really in your league.

I accept your apology-Praise the Lord.

but I a sure you, these recent events haven't been going on for thousands of years, actually just recently in these last few years.

I seriously doubt any intelligence you may think you have, have anything to do with God.

Actually you are quite funny.

I'm not angry at you, its been fun writing to you, and if you do say you have intelligence, good on you.

But without the word of God in your intelligence, can only come under the worldly intelligence, which shows your intelligences are working against the spirit of God, you are trying to convince others with your intelligence how to be over-comers in the flesh.
Very religious.

I want share this to you as a brother.
See without using the word of God, your quoting is like a child learning to write, and if you are trying to win people over to listen to you on this forum, or elsewhere on the Christian formats, then you need to quote scriptures-the word of God, so one will understand.

Romans 12:2, And do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
We no-longer live by the flesh, we are flesh blood and bone, but the renewing of our minds leads us closer to God.

Within the body of Christ, it don't matter what our gifts are, Ephesians 4:11" And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers.

We are working together as a team, listening to each other, learning together about the Lord, we have chosen to live in the light as He is light.
Not in the flesh, we all know living in the world brings death.

And I promise you brother, with the word of God working in you, I myself and other believers will listen.

The word has the power and life.
The flesh is dead with no power and life.

Question: Just interested where do you fellowship anyway and does your Church, give or receive tithes and offerings.

Amen

KoloOyinbo:

Well I'm reading this as I have JUST returned from Bible study.

I seriously doubt your level of education as you constantly miss the point.

I'm sorry my viewpoint (the majority Christian viewpoint by the way) upsets your rather limited view of Christianity so much that you have to try and be insulting in place of a rational argument.

A quote in isolation from the bible can usually be countered by another in isolation. Eg
Turn the other cheek - versus - an eye for an eye. This is used by non believers to denigrate the Bible and by those who misunderstand scripture to continue pointless arguments. That is why we must address scripture as a consistent and coherent whole!

Of that time and hour no man shall know.

As for signs they are so vague that (as I have repeatedly pointed out) they have been saying this rubbish for thousands of years. Why is one doomsayer today any more correct in their interpretation than the fools of a thousand years ago.

Sorry if this disappoints you but please focus NOT on the punishment of others but on your own salvation.

I see you ignored the point that this issue (right or wrong) is NOT the core of Christianity but sadly I am not surprised!

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by Nobody: 3:11am On Feb 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

What atheists don't understand is that their lies are getting old. [b]The world is more rotten and more morally corrupt than it was in the past [/b]and no amount of acting 'Spartacus having sex in a table in front of a group of romans' to twist history will cover that.

Define the term 'myopic' and how it relates to this topic.

Mhh I don't agree...sin is sin...thus it has been as rotten as it has ever just that the media and technology amplify it.
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
brocab:
Trying to sound intelligent is not really in your league.
I accept your apology-Praise the Lord.
but I a sure you, these recent events haven't been going on for thousands of years, actually just recently in these last few years.
I seriously doubt any intelligence you may think you have, have anything to do with God.
Actually you are quite funny.
I'm not angry at you, its been fun writing to you, and if you do say you have intelligence, good on you.
But without the word of God in your intelligence, can only come under the worldly intelligence, which shows your intelligences are working against the spirit of God, you are trying to convince others with your intelligence how to be over-comers in the flesh.
Very religious.
I want share this to you as a brother.
See without using the word of God, your quoting is like a child learning to write, and if you are trying to win people over to listen to you on this forum, or elsewhere on the Christian formats, then you need to quote scriptures-the word of God, so one will understand.
Romans 12:2, And do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
We no-longer live by the flesh, we are flesh blood and bone, but the renewing of our minds leads us closer to God.
Within the body of Christ, it don't matter what our gifts are, Ephesians 4:11" And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers.
We are working together as a team, listening to each other, learning together about the Lord, we have chosen to live in the light as He is light.
Not in the flesh, we all know living in the world brings death.
And I promise you brother, with the word of God working in you, I myself and other believers will listen.
The word has the power and life.
The flesh is dead with no power and life.
Question: Just interested where do you fellowship anyway and does your Church, give or receive tithes and offerings.
Amen

Well most of your post is totally irrelevant to the topic as I have come to expect of you.

For you (with your limited understanding and blatant misinterpretations etc) to be addressing MY intelligence is a bit of a joke. I will laugh next month when once again training your major institutions! (If my intelligence is limited what does it say about those paying £250 to £400 pounds a day for me to train them).

When your Christianity has matured beyond the kind of primitive literal acceptance so prevalent in the developing world I can perhaps chat further with you. (Why do the vast majority of Christians who do NOT believe we are anywhere near the end days reside in the developed world? Would education have anything to do with it?)

As for your final question I can primarily address Ireland and the UK. A few denominations have regular tithing. This MAY on occasion bring a bonus to the Church as that money is tax exempt BUT has already been taxed at source. So the tax that already been paid on the 'tithed funds' is given by the government to the Church. This ALSO applies to most recognised Charitable Institutions but is more usually called Covenanting.

The other Churches rely on freely given donations (usually but not exclusively) given during or after service and topped up with semi regular appeals and other one off donations.

The fellowship I belong to is a charitable body and as one of its many activities does a weekly Bible study taken by an ex head of religious studies for our educational system. BUT this is not exclusive and we often get 'guest pastors etc' from differing denominations to give us a broader outlook.

I suspect you have a reason for asking about tithing as I thought I saw a thread here about it. It is not such a big issue in the 'West' so I did not pay a great deal of attention to it. Have I missed something interesting?
Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by brocab: 11:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
What Church are you involved in, other then Ireland or the UK, how about your Church do they pay tithes or offerings, or are you a Catholic, or from another organisation?

Quote-For you with your limited understanding and blatant misinterpretations etc}
No sense of humour?

We could put our limited understanding to the test-your understanding is of the world, mine is bible scripture.
Mixing darkness with light, can never come together, intelligence in Christ don't make one above the other.

Intelligence in the world, as you have laid it across the table, making myself less functioned then yourself.

Pride you have-I'm not asking about your employment, or even asking if you are black or white, live in a mansion, or live on the streets, I don't care if you make 1000 pounds a day, what I do care about is that my brothers and sisters in Christ, are working together, seeking the word of God, and sharing in their everyday blessings the Lord had promised.

And if they have a high IQ in intelligence, I pray they will use their skills for the right reasons in the kingdom of God.
Using the bible as their reference's.

Intelligent or not, in Christ we are all equal.

Pride will lower our stepping stones, as we walk, and for a intelligent person as you say you are, without the word of God, your intelligence is nil.
I pray you will change your channel, by leaving your pride behind, open your eye's, and listen, the Lord is involved in this conversation we are having, use your intelligence, for the good of man kind in Christ, no other.

Money can't buy love or even buy your way to heaven.
KoloOyinbo:

Well most of your post is totally irrelevant to the topic as I have come to expect of you.

For you (with your limited understanding and blatant misinterpretations etc) to be addressing MY intelligence is a bit of a joke. I will laugh next month when once again training your major institutions! (If my intelligence is limited what does it say about those paying £250 to £400 pounds a day for me to train them).

When your Christianity has matured beyond the kind of primitive literal acceptance so prevalent in the developing world I can perhaps chat further with you. (Why do the vast majority of Christians who do NOT believe we are anywhere near the end days reside in the developed world? Would education have anything to do with it?)

As for your final question I can primarily address Ireland and the UK. A few denominations have regular tithing. This MAY on occasion bring a bonus to the Church as that money is tax exempt BUT has already been taxed at source. So the tax that already been paid on the 'tithed funds' is given by the government to the Church. This ALSO applies to most recognised Charitable Institutions but is more usually called Covenanting.

The other Churches rely on freely given donations (usually but not exclusively) given during or after service and topped up with semi regular appeals and other one off donations.

The fellowship I belong to is a charitable body and as one of its many activities does a weekly Bible study taken by an ex head of religious studies for our educational system. BUT this is not exclusive and we often get 'guest pastors etc' from differing denominations to give us a broader outlook.

I suspect you have a reason for asking about tithing as I thought I saw a thread here about it. It is not such a big issue in the 'West' so I did not pay a great deal of attention to it. Have I missed something interesting?

Re: Small signs to show The End Is Coming by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:15am On Feb 13, 2015
brocab:
What Church are you involved in, other then Ireland or the UK, how about your Church do they pay tithes or offerings, or are you a Catholic, or from another organisation?

Quote-For you with your limited understanding and blatant misinterpretations etc}
No sense of humour?

We could put our limited understanding to the test-your understanding is of the world, mine is bible scripture.
Mixing darkness with light, can never come together, intelligence in Christ don't make one above the other.

Intelligence in the world, as you have laid it across the table, making myself less functioned then yourself.

Pride you have-I'm not asking about your employment, or even asking if you are black or white, live in a mansion, or live on the streets, I don't care if you make 1000 pounds a day, what I do care about is that my brothers and sisters in Christ, are working together, seeking the word of God, and sharing in their everyday blessings the Lord had promised.

And if they have a high IQ in intelligence, I pray they will use their skills for the right reasons in the kingdom of God.
Using the bible as their reference's.

Intelligent or not, in Christ we are all equal.

Pride will lower our stepping stones, as we walk, and for a intelligent person as you say you are, without the word of God, your intelligence is nil.
Money can't buy love or even buy your way to heaven.

I tend to be non denominational. My references to work & fees are to rebuke your rather stupid aspersions on my intelligence.

I apply my intelligence to study of scripture and suggest that if you did the same instead of looking at verses in isolation then you would realise that your own minority interpretation is most certainly non the only one!

MY understanding is of scripture and the modern world to which its message applies! I am not sure about tithes and offerings in Churches in countries other than Ireland and the UK. When I go to any Church in Naija I tend to just make a donation at the appropriate point. I am never in one place for long enough to consider joining any of the congregations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others. / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 239
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.