Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (885849 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 3:28am On Dec 18, 2017
tenderlaw:

He took your picture because he wants to use it as evidence to why he wants you disqualified. That's d sad truth. Gotta pray hard. The dental may go either way.

Wow.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DexxyAlebs(m): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2017
The president of the board has promised to make the process as transparent as possible, and walk up to any board member if any dissatisfaction occur.

I just love the Nigerian Navy... Onward together.

#teamOgun

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2017
PRESS RELEASE
EXTENSION OF TENURE OF SERVIVE CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF AND SERVICE CHIEFS
1. The President and Commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, having carefully reviewed the on-going military operations across the nation and the efforts of the Chief of Defence staff and the Service chiefs in the counter insurgency operations in the North East coupled with the security situation of the Niger Delta region, has graciously approved the extension of tenure of service of General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin, the Chief of Defence Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai Chief of Army Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-EteIkwe Ibas, the Chief of Naval staff and Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar, the Chief of Air staff.

2. This extension is pursuant of the powers conferred on the President and Commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by section 218 (1) and (2) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and section 09.06 of the Harmonised Terms and Conditions for Service for officers (2012) Revised.

3. The Honourable Minister of Defence Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali therefore congratulate the Chief of Defence Staff and Service Chiefs for earning the confidence of the President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Force of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the people of Nigeria leading to their extension of service.

4. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium.

Signed:
Colonel Tukur Gusau
Public Relations Officer to the Hon Minister of Defence
18 December 2017
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oga tenderlaw please whats the acceptable BMI for the NAVY recruitment cost my height is 1.82m and my weight is 90 that makes my BMI 27 please is it too high to be accepted?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by urbanemind(m): 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
DexxyAlebs:
The president of the board has promised to make the process as transparent as possible, and walk up to any board member if any dissatisfaction occur.

I just love the Nigerian Navy... Onward together.

#teamOgun
believe that at your own peril, 'transparent' is a foreign word in d military recruitment process.
were u expecting him to tell u that they will rig the whole process

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chiventoline(m): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oga tenderlaw please whats the acceptable BMI for the NAVY recruitment cost my height is 1.82m and my weight is 90 that makes my BMI is 27 please is it too high to be accepted?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by FixNaija(m): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
urbanemind:
believe that at your own peril, 'transparent' is a foreign word in d military recruitment process.

Hehehe I believe he's new in the game. However we aren't disputing the fact that few won't get it on merit but my brother godfatherism will still take place.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
The whole process of medical was nonsense. Nigeria is Gone, everywhere godfatherism
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by lordsjay: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
well.... over 700 of candidates were sent home today. either on medical or documents or any other reason. no one actually knew why he or she is disqualified.... well, Nigeria my Country.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
lordsjay:
well.... over 700 of candidates were sent home today. either on medical or documents or any other reason. no one actually knew why he or she is disqualified.... well, Nigeria my Country.

And a girl that is finishing NYSC next year was actually accepted. Imagine, person wey go finish April next year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dssc is never and can never be the end of the road for those of us that intended to serve our country.

I don't have a godfather. I'm still here.
By the way, I'm still serving(Nysc)

I hope to see Pijay, Tenderlaw n other people whose advices have brought me this far.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Thedelight(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
More grace to those in training
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
urbanemind:
at least I qualified for the second stage, I believe it's fair enough #teamOgun

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ej4sub: 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
What's Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bramo215: 12:45am On Dec 22, 2017
ej4sub:
undecided
ej4sub:
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 22, 2017
Pls when is successfuls of DSSC 25 going to the Naval college Onne to commence training?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by oscarfrosh: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2017
bramo215:
undecided
is that what they used in screening u out??
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by jeremiah123: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2017
I was not called out for any medical re examination yet i was screened out i think the process is not fair enough. If it were results verification i would have known because i had a nice session during my results verification and every column was tick good. It really touches me to my marrow well life goes on
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by oscarfrosh: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
ej4sub:
is that what screened u out
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mr Tenderlaw can it be possible for someone to be removed just because of marks in his back
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
Also how does one get to find out the reason why he/she was removed
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Ogunleke48: 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
Xperience12:
Mr Tenderlaw can it be possible for someone to be removed just because of marks in his back

Did anything of such happen today?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ogunleke48:

Did anything of such happen today?

Not that. But it is the only reason I can think of. I was removed Wednesday
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
tenderlaw:

Trust me, you won't even hear d music if you put a church speaker on your head that day. All you will hear is the gbim gbim from your adrenaline-fuelled heart.
Tenderlaw pls when is successfuls of DSSC 25 going to Onne? And are we still going to strip and do medicals there again?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ej4sub: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
oscarfrosh:

is that what screened u out
Funny you. They fit try the word?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Ogunleke48: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
Xperience12:

Not that. But it is the only reason I can think of. I was removed Wednesday
Since you said that your Credentials screening was okay, that means that you were disqualified based on the mark on your back... they are always concerned about medical issues but they ought to be considerate in some cases.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Ogunleke48: 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Navy decorates first female nurse as one star general

The Nigerian Navy on Monday in Lagos, decorated the first female nurse in Nigeria to rise to the rank of a one star general with the rank of Navy Commodore.

The Flag Officer Commanding Naval Training Command, Rear Admiral Obi Ofodile while decorating the newly-promoted Commodore Christie Amara Opara, urged not to relent and strive harder in the discharge of her duties.
Commodore Opara was decorated to the enviable rank of one star general alongside, Commodore Ezete, Commodore A.A Adesanya and Commodore T.A Amoo.

The FOC said that, promotions come with greater expectations and responsibilities and as such, the newly promoted Commodores should put in her best as Nigerians are expecting much from them.
Admiral Ofodile said that promotion in the Nigeria Navy is not easy, especially in consideration that some other people who may have done well were not considered because of the available vacancies.

He urged the officers to prepared to tackle the most difficult task, especially as the country confronts various security challenges in most state of the federation.

The FOC said the officers must also be ready to serve in theatre of operations urging them to put in their best wherever they find themselves.
The FOC also decorated Lieutenant Monisola Ademoluti to the rank of Lieutenant Commander (Major equivalent) and Lieutenant Commanders Abdullahi Sajoe and Abubakar Ezra to the rank of Commanders (Lieutenant Colonel equivalent in the Nigerian Army).

The FOC said the officers deserved the promotion , as they have worked hard to meet the requirement for their promotions and that they should prove to the force that it was not a mistake promoting them.

Commodore Opara was enlisted in the Nigerian Navy in 1991 as a member of Direct Regular Course 91 and was commissioned the same year.
Since joining the force, the officer had scored many first, being the first female officer in the Nigerian Navy to go Peacekeeping operation and the first set of nurse to earn the rank of one star general.
She is presently the only female general in both Imo and Abia States.

Speaking with Daily Sun the elated spouse of the officer Mr Chukas Opara expressed gratitude to God for making the event possible.

The newly promoted naval officers have been charged not to disappoint the force in their appointment they will get as a result of their new ranks, especially ensuring the protection of the country’s territorial integrity.
The Flag Officer Commanding (FOC) had earlier in another decoration cautioned newly promoted officers, not to live extravagantly.

He said that the journey to promotion bracket was not easy, especially in consideration of the fact that promotion only comes from God
His words: “In the civil service people look forward to promotion to enable them move up and that is the motivating factor. Its not easy to reach the point where you are promoted, it takes a lot of hard work, some pray and fast and they were not promoted, they do not understand that promotion comes from God.”

He commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ibas for granting the promotion of the officers
He explained that promotion is not for joke and not for the officers to take more alcohol, urging them to apply moderation in whatever they do as senior officers.

http://sunnewsonline.com/navy-decorates-first-female-nurse-as-one-star-general/
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by IMOGBEMI(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2017
I am happy i am being opportuned to have updates from here, i have a question to mr tenderlaw and a request,
The question is that i overheard that from a good source that there shall be a suplimentry list, what can mr tenderlaw say about this?
Then i suggest that we oppen a watssap group to herness this kind of forum.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 12:52am On Dec 23, 2017
IMOGBEMI:
I am happy i am being opportuned to have updates from here, i have a question to mr tenderlaw and a request,
The question is that i overheard that from a good source that there shall be a suplimentry list, what can mr tenderlaw say about this?
Then i suggest that we oppen a watssap group to herness this kind of forum.
Thanks.
There will be no screening after this one that has just been done.
On WhatsApp, it's a free world. Any group of persons can open one if they want, but I think it will be a waste of time and I'll not be part of it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
tenderlaw:

There will be no screening after this one that has just been done.
On WhatsApp, it's a free world. Any group of persons can open one if they want, but I think it will be a waste of time and I'll not be part of it.

You didn't reply the part of the supplementary list sir
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2017
tenderlaw:

What was the instruction about when to report on the website? Answer your question by yourself.
pls wat will be the fate of those that was accepted wit a Masters degree and Membership of proffessional Association eg. Associate member of Nigerian institute of architecture, after Passing out from Naval college Onne ? Will dey be given the rank of a lieutenant immediately instead of a sub Lieutenant? Pls reply.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Femillionz(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER SAY OR DO IN A JOB INTERVIEW

http://jobintelng.com/2017/12/things-never-say-job-interview/

When preparing for a job interview, there are some things you should never say or do. Keep in mind that you should free up your thoughts and focus on your skills, qualifications and the job role you are applying for. No employer wants to really hear your life’s story or your vacation plans or anything that is not related to the job you applied for. They are only interested in whether you are the best candidates for that position.

If you feel you do not have all the qualifications they require, do not lie. Just come out plain and make them see why they would need you in their organization. Avoid being negative about your former employer. In short, sharing too much information in an interview may cost you the offer. Be precise.

Follow link below to read full article

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.