Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (885948 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
agongajoseph:
pls wat will be the fate of those that was accepted wit a Masters degree and Membership of proffessional Association eg. Associate member of Nigerian institute of architecture, after Passing out from Naval college Onne ? Will dey be given the rank of a lieutenant immediately instead of a sub Lieutenant? Pls reply.

every DSSC officer passes out with the rank of a Lt. Only RC passes with that of a mid-shipman.
For the professionals, the will pass out with the rank of a Lt with their fellow counterpart but the will be given two years seniority over their counterpart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
The 2012 Harmonized Terms And Conditions Of Service (HTACOS) revised edition states the scraping of the two years seniority for professionals as officers were grubling that the two years seniority makes their juniors become their mates some times become their seniors. According to the 2012 HTACOS, this new law will not affect those officers who are already enjoying the previlage of two years seniority
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:

every DSSC officer passes out with the rank of a Lt. Only RC passes with that of a mid-shipman.
For the professionals, the will pass out with the rank of a Lt with their fellow counterpart but the will be given two years seniority over their counterpart
Every naval officer passes out with the rank of SubLieutenant. In Nigeria, midshipmen are 5th year NDA cadets and are treated like officers. But on the day of POP, they will pass out with the rank of SubLieutenant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:

a sub Lieutenant u mean? It's d Navy I'm talking about
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
tenderlaw:

Every naval officer passes out with the rank of SubLieutenant. In Nigeria, midshipmen are 5th year NDA cadets and are treated like officers. But on the day of POP, they will pass out with the rank of SubLieutenant.

when I said evry DSSC passes out as Lt, I meant army Lt which is Sub Lt in d Navy and Flyin Officer in the Airforce

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2017
Compliments of the season guys.
I know it's too early but when is the list coming out? grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 24, 2017
arcayoayodele:
Are we to stamp the local government attestation form also after signing?
Hi did you study architecture? Where u successful thru d screening excersice for DSSC 25 in Lagos? I did architecture too, I applied too
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 24, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:

Thx... That means professionals in 2 years will get to the next rank of Lt. In the Navy while thier counterparts get to the rank of Lt in four years?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2017
agongajoseph:
Thx... That means professionals in 2 years will get to the next rank of Lt. In the Navy while thier counterparts get to the rank of Lt in four years?

professionals will still remain on Sub Lt with their counterpart. The different is, the will have two years seniority over their counterparts.. That is if the 2012 HTACOS isn't effective.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:

professionals will still remain on Sub Lt with their counterpart. The different is, the will have two years seniority over their counterparts.. That is if the 2012 HTACOS isn't effective.
still don't understand the 2 year seniority u mean tho. Where is the 2 years seniority coming from if we passed out togeda?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
Two years seniority has been scrapped. There is nothing like that again.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Ogunleke48: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
@ Mr Tenderlaw & Mr Pijay, pls will people still be disqualified at Onne, Port Harcourt during training? If yes, on what basis can such happen?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
agongajoseph:
still don't understand the 2 year seniority u mean tho. Where is the 2 years seniority coming from if we passed out togeda?

someone did 6years course in medcine, did one year house mamship, did NYSC, did his practice and get a licence, bcoms a member of an association.

Another person finished 5 or 4 yrs course, did NYSC and the both join d military,

don't u think it will b unfair if the both share the same seniority?

They will b on the same rank after commission but the former will senior the latter in two years..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:

someone did 6years course in medcine, did one year house mamship, did NYSC, did his practice and get a licence, bcoms a member of an association.

Another person finished 5 or 4 yrs course, did NYSC and the both join d military,

don't u think it will b unfair if the both share the same seniority?

They will b on the same rank after commission but the former will senior the latter in two years..

the 2012 HTACOS states the scrapping of the two years seniority as officers already in service were grubling abt the newly commissioned officers becoming theirs mates some times becoming their seniors..
But this won't affect officers who are currently enjoyin the two years seniority..
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by IMOGBEMI(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2017
I implore us to progress in sharing news about this current recruitment process, i think that can be of benefit mostly to everyone on thia forum. smiley
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2017
IMOGBEMI:
I implore us to progress in sharing news about this current recruitment process, i think that can be of benefit mostly to everyone on thia forum. smiley
If you have anything to share pls go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ogunleke48:
@ Mr Tenderlaw & Mr Pijay, pls will people still be disqualified at Onne, Port Harcourt during training? If yes, on what basis can such happen?

yes, one can still be dismissed even a day to commissioning. So when u get there behave urself. One of numerious tins dat can get one dismissed at any stage of training is AWOL. And also showing disloyalty to your superior or instructor.
My uncle a member of 38RC was dismissed a week to his POP in the year 1991. Reason for dismissed was, early morning when their instructors went to the cadets' cabin for inspection, the saw a girl (his girlfriend) in his cabin. And he was dismissed. He begged for one year extension in the academy but was refused. About 7 of his mates where also dismissed the same week on different offences. Two of the dismissed cadets commited suicide. My happiness is, the said girl that made him to be dismissed is presently his wife and they are happily married. And also he is doing better than his mates who are still in the service.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Christane: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
wat a touching story
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Even after POP, while waiting to be issued your rank, you can be dismissed for indiscipline. Only those who finally wear that rank will be officers.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
I advise anyone wanting to join the military to read and understand the Harmonized Terms And Conditions Of Service before thinking of joining the military to avoid regrets and frustration in the service. Military is a different world entirely. It's more like a cult group. Once you entered, very hard to come out. Many soldiers join the military without knowing what it entails. So many are regretting. One met me this morning and was telling me about resigning. I asked him how many years he has spent in the system he said just 5years. I laughed and handed him the HTACOS to read about resignation from service. After reading, he was crying. There are so many things in the military that some officers and soldiers don't know about. Recently in Borno state, 3 soldiers are facing a death sentence while 22 others have life sentence. If these soldiers read HTACOS I don't think they would have landed in this mess they found themself. There are some offences that look so minor in the civil sector when commited but when such offences are committed in the military, may lead to either death sentence, life in prison, degradation or dismissal of personnel as the case may be. Three of such offences are: AWOL, sleeping on duty and cowardice.
The 2007 HTACOS stated that a soldier who sleeps on duty shall face a life sentence while cowardice was death sentence. Please read the 2012 HTACOS governing the area of commission you want to apply for. E.g. DSSC Terms and Conditions is slightly different from RC specially in the area of promotion and appointment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by piscesgem(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:
I advise anyone wanting to join the military to read and understand the Harmonized Terms And Conditions Of Service before thinking of joining the military to avoid regrets and frustration in the service. Military is a different world entirely. It's more like a cult group. Once you entered, very hard to come out. Many soldiers join the military without knowing what it entails. So many are regretting. One met me this morning and was telling me about resigning. I asked him how many years he has spent in the system he said just 5years. I laughed and handed him the HTACOS to read about resignation from service. After reading, he was crying. There are so many things in the military that some officers and soldiers don't know about. Recently in Borno state, 3 soldiers are facing a death sentence while 22 others have life sentence. If these soldiers read HTACOS I don't think they would have landed in this mess they found themself. There are some offences that look so minor in the civil sector when commited but when such offences are committed in the military, may lead to either death sentence, life in prison, degradation or dismissal of personnel as the case may be. Three of such offences are: AWOL, sleeping on duty and cowardice.
The 2007 HTACOS stated that a soldier who sleeps on duty shall face a life sentence while cowardice was death sentence. Please read the 2012 HTACOS governing the area of commission you want to apply for. E.g. DSSC Terms and Conditions is slightly different from RC specially in the area of promotion and appointment.

Pls can i get a soft copy of the HTACOS
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Emyben(m): 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
I wish you chaps the best of luck as you await the final list.
Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to you all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2017
Ogunleke48:
There will b another medicals in onne. If u didnt pass dat one u will b dismiss.. While u are in camp they will send some officers to ur university to confirm ur result and if its fake.. U are in trouble too
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:04am On Dec 26, 2017
Xperience12:

You didn't reply the part of the supplementary list sir
Supplementary list is for the top shot and they know themself. If u arent among d top shot then concentrate on d main list

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:07am On Dec 26, 2017
agongajoseph:
Tenderlaw pls when is successfuls of DSSC 25 going to Onne? And are we still going to strip and do medicals there again?
DSSC24 are still training in onne till February. So chill till after they pass out..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by GenAnsahCinC: 12:53am On Dec 26, 2017
pijay:

There will b another medicals in onne. If u didnt pass dat one u will b dismiss.. While u are in camp they will send some officers to ur university to confirm ur result and if its fake.. U are in trouble too

not only uni. The will go to ur secondary school or WAEC office to verify ur result. Some times the also go to ur community and ask about ur good conduct..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by fubie: 1:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Sir, can a 2.2 candidate be considered at this point where he has passed the medicals and did very well in the second aptitude test exam?
pijay:

Supplementary list is for the top shot and they know themself. If u arent among d top shot then concentrate on d main list
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 2:50am On Dec 26, 2017
But you know they did not ask for 2.2, so why this question? If God has mercy on you, fine, but if not, know that they were not called in the first place.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Tenifayo23: 5:33am On Dec 26, 2017
pijay:

Thanks for the info. Will the medical comprise of all what we did while in ojo 2.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by fubie: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2017
God's grace and mercy has brought me this far. I only look up to Him and may His will be done in my life. Sorry to say this Sir, not all 2.1 are better than 2.2. Some second class lower are even better than some first class candidates. Its just that some people schooled WHR things were a bit easy and no much stress unlike us wey gree die graduate from our Nigerian universities. Note: Senator Dino Melaye is a 3rd class candidate so I believe d race is nt over for me.Thank you Sir.
tenderlaw:
But you know they did not ask for 2.2, so why this question? If God has mercy on you, fine, but if not, know that they were not called in the first place.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Xperience12: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2017
fubie:
God's grace and mercy has brought me this far. I only look up to Him and may His will be done in my life. Sorry to say this Sir, not all 2.1 are better than 2.2. Some second class lower are even better than some first class candidates. Its just that some people schooled WHR things were a bit easy and no much stress unlike us wey gree die graduate from our Nigerian universities. Note: Senator Dino Melaye is a 3rd class candidate so I believe d race is nt over for me.Thank you Sir.

No one is disputing that fact but it's wrong because you disobeyed the rules by applying and you're calling on God's grace. True his grace works but you applying was wrong because you're 2.2 and the instructions says 2.1. If things were organized in this country you shouldn't have been allowed to even write the screening exams but this is Nigeria. I pray God helps you but in the future try and obey instructions so that we can improve our country Nigeria. Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2017
GenAnsahCinC:

not only uni. The will go to ur secondary school or WAEC office to verify ur result. Some times the also go to ur community and ask about ur good conduct..
They already confirmed our O'level cert. with the scratch card we provided. Will dey go to our primary schools to confirm too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.