Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari (40400 Views)

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari / No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage / Buhari On BBC Interview:"I Will Ban The Press If They Embarass A Public Officer" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Cityguy: 12:16am On Feb 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
clearly this man is still in the 1980s.
See what's in his old brain.
After suckin cow brèast and high from it all he does is spill shît
Btw.......is Buhari a public officer?
GEJ joorr.....till.............
Hahahahahaha! Stuck in the past like that other zombie in Van Damme's Universal soldier. Olorun gbawa oooooo.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by PenSniper: 12:30am On Feb 02, 2015
APContherun:

The pig of a dictator doesn't know that press freedom is an essential element of democracy. It's very necessary for the sustenance of democracy. Aside competing strong political parties, periodic else took and independent judiciary it's propably the most essential. A strong and unhindered press keeps the govt on its toes and ensures it's doesn't descend into dictatorship.

Buhari needs to know that democracy has survived in the US, UK, France, Germany etc not just because old generals were called out to save the country in times of trouble but because the press was allowed and encouraged to flourish.

DOES BUHARI KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DEMOCRACY ?

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by PenSniper: 12:34am On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

Titi can we marry

No-go area except you dont mind her being 72yrs old though she still looks good even at that.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by PenSniper: 12:38am On Feb 02, 2015
Obinoscopy:
I sincerely hope freedom of the press and the social media will not be removed if Buhari wins.

Did you not read what he said or know what he did as head of state ? Buhari cant stand a free press.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by PenSniper: 12:43am On Feb 02, 2015
BUHARI IS ARCHAIC, A FASCIST AND A SADIST TO THE CORE.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 02, 2015
ausdy:

Don't worry my friend. We re real people who visits nairaland either to read news or to post/contribute to important issues. So... relax those paid to give 744likes for any pro APC tread/post re on their way.
We love GEJ and we don't make noise about it. So... just wait for your likes. Thanx.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by 100Cents: 5:14am On Feb 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
clearly this man is still in the 1980s.
See what's in his old brain.
After suckin cow brèast and high from it all he does is spill shît
Btw.......is Buhari a public officer?
GEJ joorr.....till.............

This is the reason Tinubu and his cohorts have been hiding him from making over 2 minutes speeches.

Buhari us a staunch dictator with terrorist instincts and 4 decades past mentality.

No one can that..
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by 100Cents: 5:17am On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
I don't know why people are misrepresenting and twisting the words of Gen Muhammadu Buhari. As a citizen I am 100% in support of Press freedom, so is the General. However, freedom of the Press shouldn't be absolute otherwise they will be used to cause anarchy. If the press have anything against any public officer and they are really sure about it, they should publish it and allow for Government prosecution. They have to be sure and not gossip or be used to persecute officers on the pages of newspapers. However, false reportage using "our source" that will neither give a lead nor help a cause, and also fabricating news and ascribing to public officers should not only be discouraged but should be criminalised. The Whistle Blower act should be passed/strenghtened to protect those with valuable information. The Press needs to carry their jobs with ethics and checks like other professions. All arms of government have forms of checks and balance. We need to protect government officers too from false and malicious embarrassment.

Sometimes, you talk without shame

2 Likes

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by donmalcolm21(m): 8:27am On Feb 02, 2015
Amya:

*blushing* Thanks a lot for this lovely compliment.
I can see you are enjoying the kleiglights, Has Amya Changed?
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by tivta(m): 8:29am On Feb 02, 2015
Amya:

*blushing* Thanks a lot for this lovely compliment.
. You are more than welcome. My God grant you more wisdom to contribute positively to the society and not end up like most GIRLS on nairaland who are into runs,stealing or begging. You didn't tell me if you were married, and if I could follow you...
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by tivta(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2015
Daddi:
some ladies are quite intelligient. Then others have what I call off and on intelligient, so when I talk about them, I dont generalize.
. What do you the do when majority of the women you meet are just fashion freaks,materialistic and can't even talk about simple politics without being biased? Trust me bro,if you meet such women constantly you will unknowingly start to generalize, that's why am amazed by the woman's post, she is the only woman on nairaland with such vast knowledge of law.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Daddi: 10:24am On Feb 02, 2015
tivta:
. What do you the do when majority of the women you meet are just fashion freaks,materialistic and can't even talk about simple politics without being biased? Trust me bro,if you meet such women constantly you will unknowingly start to generalize, that's why am amazed by the woman's post, she is the only woman on nairaland with such vast knowledge of law.
I got your point but I've met lot of intelligient ones aswell.
@your signature, nigeria's problem is TRIBALISM.
Let me give you an instance.
1. In religion, even if the whole of nigeria converts to islam or vice versa we would still have problems. E.g the northerners say southern muslims are not real muslims and they discriminate them.
2. Corruption which stems from greed can be tackled if not for the divide of tribalism. E.g hausa 'll say their son is not corrupt even when its glaring while igbo 'll say the same as well as yoruba. Then yoruba can falsely accuse hausa or igbo to pull them down and vice versa. So all in all the root's TRIBALISM.
Decentralize the power at the centre and let each tribe have autonomy then watch as peace and development spread, 'coz nothing to tussle for again. Sorry for the long epistle.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by tivta(m): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2015
Daddi:
I got your point but I've met lot of intelligient ones aswell.
@your signature, nigeria's problem is TRIBALISM.
Let me give you an instance.
1. In religion, even if the whole of nigeria converts to islam or vice versa we would still have problems. E.g the northerners say southern muslims are not real muslims and they discriminate them.
2. Corruption which stems from greed can be tackled if not for the divide of tribalism. E.g hausa 'll say their son is not corrupt even when its glaring while igbo 'll say the same as well as yoruba. Then yoruba can falsely accuse hausa or igbo to pull them down and vice versa. So all in all the root's TRIBALISM.
Decentralize the power at the centre and let each tribe have autonomy then watch as peace and development spread, 'coz nothing to tussle for again. Sorry for the long epistle.
. I agree with you about decentralized government, as for tribalism let's also look at the british for example, they have a unified religion with little or no problem (except for some other religions) where as Afghanistan has one religion as well but its also divided into normal and extreme. The same applies to saudi arabia but that country enjoys relative peace. Either way we look at it religion also plays a vital role. I doubt if any senator will approve decentralization cause it will reduce their income and then the northerners will claim marginalization due to poor farming conditions. Remember what happened during the civil war? The igbos knew nigeria has a nation won't progress with the issues I listed in my signature, yet the international community won't allow it because of oil (yet they allowed sudan ) its clear this country can't survive with such issues on ground. There is strength in diversification.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by obioraval(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
I don't know why people are misrepresenting and twisting the words of Gen Muhammadu Buhari. As a citizen I am 100% in support of Press freedom, so is the General. However, freedom of the Press shouldn't be absolute otherwise they will be used to cause anarchy. If the press have anything against any public officer and they are really sure about it, they should publish it and allow for Government prosecution. They have to be sure and not gossip or be used to persecute officers on the pages of newspapers. However, false reportage using "our source" that will neither give a lead nor help a cause, and also fabricating news and ascribing to public officers should not only be discouraged but should be criminalised. The Whistle Blower act should be passed/strenghtened to protect those with valuable information. The Press needs to carry their jobs with ethics and checks like other professions. All arms of government have forms of checks and balance. We need to protect government officers too from false and malicious embarrassment.

You are a BLOODY HYPOCRITE...

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Tranquill: 11:24am On Feb 02, 2015
Obinoscopy:
I sincerely hope freedom of the press and the social media will not be removed if Buhari wins.

It is good you are hoping but sometimes we just have to accept reality even if reluctantly.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Daddi: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2015
tivta:
. I agree with you about decentralized government, as for tribalism let's also look at the british for example, they have a unified religion with little or no problem (except for some other religions) where as Afghanistan has one religion as well but its also divided into normal and extreme. The same applies to saudi arabia but that country enjoys relative peace. Either way we look at it religion also plays a vital role. I doubt if any senator will approve decentralization cause it will reduce their income and then the northerners will claim marginalization due to poor farming conditions. Remember what happened during the civil war? The igbos knew nigeria has a nation won't progress with the issues I listed in my signature, yet the international community won't allow it because of oil (yet they allowed sudan ) its clear this country can't survive with such issues on ground. There is strength in diversification.
it still bores down to tribalism. What I doubt if it can be healed. Dont use britain to compare us, their level of intellectual development, understanding and tolerance is way higher than ours. For instance the s/west have almost 50/50 muslim/Christian yet they're in peace, reason they're same tribe. I re-instate even if the whole nigeria converts to islam as long as the tribe divide and the current understanding/tolerance level is there'll still be problems. So religion is a secondary problem
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by tivta(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Daddi:
it still bores down to tribalism. What I doubt if it can be healed. Dont use britain to compare us, their level of intellectual development, understanding and tolerance is way higher than ours. For instance the s/west have almost 50/50 muslim/Christian yet they're in peace, reason they're same tribe. I re-instate even if the whole nigeria converts to islam as long as the tribe divide and the current understanding/tolerance level is there'll still be problems. So religion is a secondary problem
. Every one has his own opinion.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by Daddi: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
tivta:
. Every one has his own opinion.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by neighbourhud: 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
Neutral and sensible

dabossman:

I'm always surprised when I hear young, educated Nigerians who have lived under a democratic setting for the last 16 years suggesting that one man can suddenly come and unilaterally begin to bark out decrees simply because he was once a military officer, dictator or whatever it is that Buhari was. I mean come on, are we even democratic in our own thinking? Even Obasanjo like you pointed out was brought down to size when he first came in democratically in 1999. When Baba thought he could still control everybody like he did his regiment, did the like of Okadigbo not bring him down to size. After a number of impeachment moves where instigated against him, did OBJ not calm down and understand that democracy is different from military rule?

So, Buhari will just come and ban the press and shut down social media? In a democratic dispensation? And all of us, including the Senate, National House of Reps and State Assemblies will just say yes sir. Could OBJ even control AD governors like Tinubu during his time? Abeg, stop making Buhari sound like he is one superhuman being that will just wield a wand over our heads.
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by ImadeUReadThis: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2018
Buhari ke? That one nah crase man be that.

Animal in human skin
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by GBTYO: 9:45am On Jun 28, 2019
Has anything changed?

Journalists are being hounded into exile
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by 12Monkeys: 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
bump
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by 12Monkeys: 2:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
Obinoscopy:

lolz
Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by 12Monkeys: 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2020

Tonyebarcanista, this is one of those useless posts you were paid to make on behalf of supporting Buhari

Hope whatever crumbs they were paying you was worth it.

1 Like

Re: You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari by GBTYO: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday / Tambuwal Commissions Rumalogu-Alakahia Road Wike Built (Pics) / People's Reactions As Buhari Receives His WAEC Certificate (Memes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.