Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ (20142 Views)

Guinness Nigeria To Export Beer To South Africa To Increase Sales / Paypal Nigeria Now Converting Naira to USD Using Standard International Rate / President Buhari Declares War On Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by babamadiba(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
This guy is a big lion! He can lie o! Lainus
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Azo(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
And someone will still say that president GEJ isn't working?
E be like say this one dey smoke bomb.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
It is quite shameful reading the response of some of our youths on this issue. I really do not understand how some of you make it to the other side of the road on daily basis. The report stated clearly that SA wants to adopt the Nigeria model -privatization of its power sector. Which is an indication that given the current situation on ground privatization is the best way to get us out of this rot.
After all we have been having problem with our power sector before opting for privatization.

Meanwhile who see my Nneka123?

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
Brainless propaganda of useless pdp govt. After spending 0ver 16 Billion dollars without any improvement 4 16 wasted years. I doubt if pdp has a manifesto on power. clueless dumbo leadership. Jonathan time is uo.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by tijjanioyan: 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
masseratti:
I trust South African government,they will surely give good response to this claim,I don't know where people emulate failure. No light,crazy bill everywhere yet the minister is celebrating mediocrity.
Is this what we want for the next four years?
mind him not it is another campaign strategy

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
herald9:
This is hilarious...If South Africa really said that... we should go to war with them for this nonsense...

Guys be happy when in reality them mocking us. undecided
Ayamlaykorn
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by holatin(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
when I saw dem celebrating coal train in this age, I no talk but when they now celebrate blackout I was like

What are the youth of today turning to

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
What a cruel joke?

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by omonnakoda: 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
Saw the title of the thread. I thought I'd come and see and have a good laugh. grin grin grin

Abeg make una comot dis thread b4 any person from SA go come see am. I take God beg una , Please
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by solayd(m): 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
i ' m not even surprise for these lies 'cus coruption is different from stealing under GEJ government, you can be lying and stil remain saint though grin grin grin
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by PAINGAIN: 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Na this kind talk from people in government dey make me wan go mad! I dey south africa as I dey type so, since this load shedding started na only once my power go off and e no pass two hours dem bring am back. D thing is when SA has a problem they fix it, when nigeria has a problem they make it worse. Mtcheeew.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2015

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by PLEXPLEX(m): 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
baybeeboi:
has south Africa seen how it's working for Nigeria or.....
Well I want to believe they are not doing it by looking at Nigeria.
Even Seychelles wld not want to copy Nigeria

Who told u they ve not studied the blueprint of the Nigerian power sector reforms before taking that decision?
Our problems in this nation is lack of patience.

This power sector has being down for so long but the privatization thing is still very young at least, with a little time things ll take the expected outcome but Nigerians(opposition more especially) ll never give kudos to who is deserving of it especially to GEJ.

The south Africans appreciate workable solution which the GEJ government has put in place & since the ve study the good works, they knew it is worthy of emulation & y not....
It is often said that a Prophet is not recognized @ his immediate domain so i' m not surprised.. BUT WHAT I KNOW IS "SAI
GEJ TILL 2019"
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by femmy2010(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
PDP can lie ooo.
who wants to copy a failed nation.
Our leaders really think Nigerians are daft or what.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by AdekunleBalogun: 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Are this people mad? please stop insulting South Africa, can genius student cheat on duller in examination? Those people most be mocking us rite now with this story, these people want us to die of embarrassment from other sensible countries in Africa.
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Horus(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2015

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by blackandbold: 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
eliment:
This man is sick in the head how can a country generating over 40,000mw with a population less than 60m be looking up to a country generating 3,000mw with a population of 170m. If you want to make GEJ government look good please stay within the confines of reasonable lies
dont be suprised as some blind loyalist of the present administration will swallow lies hook, lime and sinker.
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by jcflex(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
why are this gov pple so full of lies, SA that generate over 40000MW with population less that nigeria will now downgrade itself for a nation of 170millions that manage to produce less that 4000MW to show them way, infact inless than 2yrs, that country will find itself to blame following our obodo naija footstep.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by blackandbold: 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
PAINGAIN:
Na this kind talk from people in government dey make me wan go mad! I dey south africa as I dey type so, since this load shedding started na only once my power go off and e no pass two hours dem bring am back. D thing is when SA has a problem they fix it, when nigeria has a problem they make it worse. Mtcheeew.
thank God we have u as an eyewitness, right now, I am about to power my stuff with generator which I do everyday inbthe evening for as long as I can remember and yet one idiotic personality and its' 'cohort' will keep saying power sector has been transformed in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by haibe(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
But seriously phcn has improved oo. I have had light since 3 days ago uninterrupted. But whichever way, GMB TILL 2023
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Xslaze3xd(m): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
when I read the post. All I could do was to Shake My Biq Head. Politicians don take us do yeye finish

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by andyanders: 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
Then that minister must be sick and needs evaluation or better sent to Yaba. Which kind of electricity? Any part of this entire world that copy Nigeria's Power Sector, that country must not be in existence.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
hakddream:

http://www.blueprint.ng/2015/01/30/nigeria-now-a-model-to-south-africa-on-power-sector-reform/

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/19501-fg-south-africa-emulates-nigeria-s-power-reforms

'Eskom ( south African power giant) is currently broke and South African government is not looking to finance it anymore. They are now looking at selling non core asset - reform. There has been reported power cuts in south Africa due to power rationing. .....Arise News Tv south AFrican correspondent.

Indeed
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Safari29: 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
wetin? I no get light since morning
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by sapele914(m): 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
PLEXPLEX:

Who told u they ve not studied the blueprint of the Nigerian power sector reforms before taking that decision?
Our problems in this nation is lack of patience.

This power sector has being down for so long but the privatization thing is still very young at least, with a little time things ll take the expected outcome but Nigerians(opposition more especially) ll never give kudos to who is deserving of it especially to GEJ.

The south Africans appreciate workable solution which the GEJ government has put in place & since the ve study the good works, they knew it is worthy of emulation & y not....
It is often said that a Prophet is not recognized @ his immediate domain so i' m not surprised.. BUT WHAT I KNOW IS "SAI
GEJ TILL 2019"
why make a big deal about jona mediocore at best,obasanjo started the power reform,yaradua halted the reforms because of corruption and fraud in the system,jonathan came in and embraced the whole fraudulent and corrupt system selling state assets to pdp loyalist and sympathisers all in the name of power reform,no improvement in the electricity situation they keep on telling rhetoric lies.No electricity in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Harzan(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hmmm, as much as I actually can't deny GEJ's positive achievement in this present administration.... Buh cheap lies and exaggeration like this always channel my regards to his government from praising him to consistently asking for CHANGE! Asking for a government that will tell us the truth, plain truth, as it is and not the do little and forming over performer! If we haven't experience a better government before in this country, we'll know one when it's new dawn. Not this craps we're served as dividends of democracy.... Nigeria deserves much more than this!
I pray we get it right one day!
God Bless Nigeria
God bless the whole world!

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
femmy2010:
PDP can lie ooo.
who wants to copy a failed nation.
Our leaders really think Nigerians are daft or what.
u must be high on Gum.
Nigeria isn't a failed Nation but u r failed individual who dose not know Good from Bad
Example of a failed Nation should be Syria or Somalia

if Nigeria becomes a failed Nation u won't even have access to NairaLand talk less of a Mobile Fone so u better mind wat u say OK

God Bless Nigeria
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Hugo7(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
I never took out time to go through this write up cos I don't have to,the headline says it all. But please may I ask model in what way or sense? The was thing you do to yourself is to lie to yourself, I have never been to S.A but am so sure their power supply is far better than 9ja. #9jamycountry

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
I'm not usually interested in political discussions, but i get pissed when they name privatization among gej's accomplishments. It was basically a scam. A few friends of gej took bank loans to acquire public assets. They invested nothing into it, no new equipments, no plants etc. Next gej made sure we pay 700naira compulsory charge every month, whether we used electricity or not. (we helped the buyers pay back their loan) now they are proud owners of our public properties. They sit back and collect our money, without investing anything. Jonathan and his friends just scammed us simple!.

How many megawatts were we generating before gej? Ow maby do we generate now? Were is the progress?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by idoo4love: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
Who is fooling who....this people sef,dem one wan turn us to mumu fully..privatization wey NO light....God punish Satan
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by Demrich(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
woodcook:
It is quite shameful reading the response of some of our youths on this issue. I really do not understand how some of you make it to the other side of the road on daily basis. The report stated clearly that SA wants to adopt the Nigeria model -privatization of its power sector. Which is an indication that given the current situation on ground privatization is the best way to get us out of this rot.
After all we have been having problem with our power sector before opting for privatization.

Meanwhile who see my Nneka123?
THE PRIVATIZATION REQUIRES MONITORING AND POLICIES THAT WILL MAKE IT WORK. CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT FIVE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS ( ILAJE, OKITIPUPA, IRELE, ESE-ODO N ODIGBO) IN ONDO STATE HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED SINCE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY SIMPLY BECAUSE THE COMPANY HANDLING THE AREA IS NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY. WHEREAS SOME OF THEIR CUSTOMERS HAVE PAID UP TO DATE. I THINK THE CENTRAL GOVT HAVE TO INTERVENE.
Re: ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ by iamord(m): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
studded:
That's all.... grin grin
haha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buy 9Mobile 1GB(150), Airtel(297), MTN(281) & Glo(240) / Gwarimpa Tipper Market In Abuja Gutted By Fire, Properties Destroyed (Video) / Would Dangote Be This Rich In America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.