Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign (27484 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by yayitifury: 8:13am On Feb 02, 2015
Don't be deluded ...no amount of bad mouthing of our able and amiable General will change the mind of "we" that want change in nigeria....I mean positive change that will affect ur lives positively.....sai buhari

obamartins:
That documentary is hitting GMB badly, I have a couple of friends who were supporting Buhari blindly but after seeing the documentary, I heard comments like "this guy naa demon o" "Haa! This guy is a bastard" "kai! This man is evil" "the guy naa scam" and so on. From the same friends and even more people I knew were undecided b4 they saw the documentary. GMB will do everything to stop that documentary which nothing but the truth.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by menesheh(m): 8:13am On Feb 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
sorry Mr Buhari,no body is sanctioning no body.
We enjoyed watching it
If you have yours you just have to pay and get it aired.

Buhari’s advert on youtube, what can he say to that.

He started all this by his advert on youtube saying the govt is not working and all sort of rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by joseph1832(m): 8:14am On Feb 02, 2015
caprini1:
Really? The abuse ,disrespect ,mockery and taunting Goodluck,his wife and children have been made to pass through in the hands of the media even before the election campaigns is nothing compared to what Buhari is worried about,freedom of speech is freedom of speech ,he should go to court if he feels wronged.
Was the so called mockery, disrespect, abuse and taunting done by GMB in a documentary?. Was the ridicule and taunting of GEJ wife done by GMB in a documentary?.

Brother you should know respect is something one earns, you don't expect one to respect one just because of the position they occupy do you. Even Obama has been ridicule many times... They taunting and mockery experience by GEJ and his wife was the making of their own hands!, or do you want to start saying the 'my oga at the top' was wrongly ridiculed?.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by danypoolson(m): 8:14am On Feb 02, 2015
2undexy:
Don't worry Buhari, after u ascend the throne,then u would av all power to close down both Ait and Nta...just be patient
see how uncivilized you are.what did you want GEJ to do to Sahara APC propaganda machine.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by maestroferddi: 8:15am On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari somebody should have told you that electing to fight the press or part thereof is a recipe for disaster.

The proper thing to do should have been to ignore the criticism or subtly finding a way to debunk the alleged misinformation.

By showing susceptibility to criticisms, he will be giving his traducers more ammunition to ratchet up the attack.

Certainly a very wrong move.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Truckpusher(m): 8:15am On Feb 02, 2015
Missy89:
so many dumb idiots on this thread
Why? Because they don't agree with your own opinion?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Truckpusher(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2015
maestroferddi:
Buhari somebody should have told you that electing to fight the press or part thereof is a recipe for disaster.

The proper thing to do should have been to ignore the criticism or subtly finding a way to debunk the alleged misinformation.

Certainly a very wrong move.
Can a leopard change its spot?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by nairabetguru(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

Is that how Buhari intends to rule? Muzzling of the press smh

All he is saying is get your facts ryte before publishing or Broadcasting or you will be sanctioned

#FeBuhari14
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by holatin(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2015
Kennywills7:

Gej's name has bn drag through dat lane several times by d media e.g sahara reporters
so wot are u saying?
D most insulted president is gej and d medium used is d social media
Has goodluck come for ur neck?
U hv insulted d person of d president more times than i can remember
are you trying to compare dat defamation documentary with outburst by people tired of one or the other of Jonathan rule.

let me jug your memory to how people started insulting him.
the fuel subsidy on Jan 1, he brought dat on himself but am not here to justify the behaviour to be a good one but dat documentary is bad and it should be condemned.

buhari too has been abused,rubbished more times I can count even given a millions of nickname ILLITERATE, BOKO HARAM, SICKLER,DICTATOR,VERTIFICATE FORGER to mention a few.
the same GEJ you dey defend call OBJ a tout....IMAGINE !
SAY d truth no matter where your loyalty lies.

good morning, happy new week
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Jesusloveyou: 8:19am On Feb 02, 2015
Imanuelle:
This man will strangle the press.
yes d fake press who only know how to propagate lies,we found themeselves in jail thru d court of law,in order to have sanity in d system.buhari for correct society,not like that zoology who suppose to be in zoo.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by funshint(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2015
A documentary aimed at demonizing his person; they even went as far as dragging his family into the whole issue. This is totally unacceptable, demonic and unethical!
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by nzeadachie: 8:20am On Feb 02, 2015
gratiaeo:

From GODWIN TSA, Abuja

The presidential can­didate of the All Progressives Con­gress (APC), Gen­eral Muhammadu Buhari, has petitioned the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) over alleged hate campaign against him.

In his petition addressed to the Chairman of the commis­sion, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, by the Director of Legal, APC Presidential Campaign Coun­cil, Chukwuma Machukwu Umeh (SAN), Buhari specifi­cally urged the NHRC to take punitive measures against the African Independent Televi­sion (AIT) and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for airing a fabricated docu­mentary against him.

A similar petition has also been written to the Direc­tor General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). The petition dated January 30, 2015 drew the at­tention of the commission to what it described as “the on­going mischievous, fabricated, defamatory and hate docu­mentary broadcasts by African Independent Television and Nigerian Television Authority against All Progressives Con­gress and its presidential can­didate, General Muhammadu Buhari.”

The APC noted that apart from being fabricated and planted, the broadcasts were a complete negation of the re­cent noble violence-free elec­tion accord.

The petition read in part: “Campaign of hate, particular­ly when based on twisted facts and ill intentions, is a construc­tive incitement to violence. Campaign of hate is not only dehumanizing, it is against the spirit of our constitution and unwholesome to national interest. The electorate have right to base their evaluation of every election candidate on true facts, not deceptive and cooked manipulations.

“As you are aware, the broadcasts contravened Sec­tions 34 (1) (a), 35, 36 and 37 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) as well as Section 95 of the Electoral Act, 2010. General election is a solemn process to enable Ni­gerians build a better nation, good future and real prosper­ity. Certainly, these cannot be achieved on campaign and broadcast of hate.

“I, therefore, request your good office to investigate these ugly developments in our nation-building processes as to issue out necessary pun­ishments to the Nigerian Tele­vision Authority, Daar Com­munication Plc, (the owners of African Independent Televi­sion) and their comrades in the unholy acts.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102766
HMMMMM WONDERFUL TELL ME SOMETHING, SO BUHARI KNOWS LAW AND QUOTING LAW? BUT HE DON'T KNOW THE ELECTORAL LAW?, HE DON'T KNOW THAT SWEARING FALSE AFFIDAVITS AND FORGERY IS AGAINST THE LAW? UNBELIEVABLE

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by jossyj: 8:21am On Feb 02, 2015
na waa oo big big grammer, na another patrick be this?
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by roufy235(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2015
obamartins:
That documentary is hitting GMB badly, I have a couple of friends who were supporting Buhari blindly but after seeing the documentary, I heard comments like "this guy naa demon o" "Haa! This guy is a bastard" "kai! This man is evil" "the guy naa scam" and so on. From the same friends and even more people I knew were undecided b4 they saw the documentary. GMB will do everything to stop that documentary which nothing but the truth.
. Another paid critic
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by ckc(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Before he is sworn in, latest upto May 29, there would be mass exodus led by Ayo Fayose.
You people should just shut up a beg!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by mezebel(f): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2015
10 REASONS WHY NIGERIAN YOUTHS SHOULD NOT
VOTE FOR GEN BUHARI
Buhari has been in government since the early
80’s .Its time for the younger generation to rule the
country. We might not be perfect but gradually we
shall get to the promise land. My father is over 74yrs
old,if he decides to contest, I will politely tell him he
is not fit to rule and he should rather play a fatherly
role to a younger leader.
I matched to the roadside as a pupil and student to
wave General Buhari,General Babangida during the
80s in Ibadan. Whenever a president visited Ibadan,
we were made to file out along the roads to wave
them. Our teachers would tell us that we shall
become the future leaders of tomorrow and people
will also file out to salute us. It’s almost 25years now
and am yet to see my classmate or myself as a
president nor governor. The highest have seen so
far is a house of representative, commisioner and
many youth leaders. Do I still allow Buhari,my
father’s age grade group to rule and I will come out
and sing his praise.Then,my king will tell me that I
will become a future leader when I turn 60 or 70
years? it’s not our portion as Nigerians youths. At 70
we should be grooming younger ones to feel the
vacuum we might have created
During the 1999 general elections, many Nigerians
believed that its only an ex General that can rule the
country.Gen Obasanjo became president,when it
was time for him to seek re-election for another four
years ,Nigerians were tired of his dictatorial system
of government. He manipulated his way in four
another four years and even tried to get a third term
by all means. We don’t need ex Generals to dictate
the economy and future of our country.
Gen buhari said he would jail all corrupt politicians
in kirikiri.Thats a good one.”Show me your friend
and I shall tell you your the kind of person “.Rotimi
Amaechi,Bola Tinubu,Timipreye Sylver,Malam
Elrufai,Chris Ngige etc are all saints.Buhari seems to
forget that we have a judiciary and a National House
of Assembly that interprets and make laws.Will
Buhari adopt the obj system of impeachment and
jailing selected corrupt politicians without due
process? How will he jail corrupt leaders in kirikiri
without reforming the messed up Nigerian Judiciary.
The opposition keeps ranting that Nigeria will
collapse if we allow Goodluck to rule again.”Hmmm”
Who carted away the country’s treasure during and
after the oil boom,who made Nigeria to undergo
sanctions from UN and Western countries.What was
the state of Nigeria’s economy during the regime of
Bughari?No to Ex Generals.Enough is Enough
Buhari says he will end BOKOHARAM menace, when
he becomes president. Over two thousand persons
have died as a result of bokoharam attacks and
more are still dying daily. Some persons have a
solution to end this genocide.But; they will not help
us until we vote them into power. They are true
democrats and very patriotic Nigerians indeed. who
belittled our once pragmatic and well equipped
Nigerian Police Force.It is Goodluck I guess.No,its
you and I.I tell you the truth it’s the long rule of the
kaki boys that weakened the Nigerian Police force.
They made life unbearable for them by underpaying
them, deprived them of sophisticated weapons,
making their barracks unhabitable.Now, some
persons are saying they are security experts.
Buhari didn’t give the Nigerian youth a chance to live
an upright and decent life, when he was military
president. Buhari used Violence to stop the
September 1985 National Conference of the National
Association of Nigeria Students. He hanged those
who were caught with cocaine and jailed many
others found wandering or guilty of pardonable
offence. Probably, if that guy that was hanged for
smuggling cocaine was imprisoned and he became
remorseful while serving his jail term. Maybe he
would have become a preacher in prison, a barber
or even a graduate of NOUN.Thesame Buhari that
did not; rehabilitate inmates in prison, give Nigerian
youths a chance to live a moral life etc now wants to
create one million jobs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by shidof(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2015
obamartins:
ua nothing but a congenital liar, the documentary just increased the love for the people's general cos a lot of people seen it as the highest rate of desperation by GEJ. what a sensible Nigerians are asking from GEJ was his achievement for the past 6yrs and his plan for the next 4yrs if he win not cheap propaganda.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
yes d fake press who only know how to propagate lies,we found themeselves in jail thru d court of law,in order to have sanity in d system.buhari for correct society,not like that zoology who suppose to be in zoo.

Do you know the lies that have been peddled against GEJ/other Nigerians?

The right thing to do is to clear the air, not strangle the press.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by berrystunn(m): 8:25am On Feb 02, 2015
gratiaeo:
If Buhari were GEJ Sahara reporter, premium time etc would have been a thing of the past. Why did Buhari hate criticism?

Can someone who did not allow his government be criticised and UNJUSTLY ARRESTED those who criticised his government be given that opportunity to lead again,etc?
Honestly, NO

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by OsamaB: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari is a coward, how is he gonna fight Boko Haram whe has just rejetés the Channels Tv debate... I for one are one of those looking forward to hear the général speak to confirm my vote.

He may end up winning the election but from all indications he will be worse that what he criticises about this government.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by caprini1: 8:26am On Feb 02, 2015
joseph1832:
Was the so called mockery, disrespect, abuse and taunting done by GMB in a documentary?. Was the ridicule and taunting of GEJ wife done by GMB in a documentary?.

Brother you should know respect is something one earns, you don't expect one to respect one just because of the position they occupy do you. Even Obama has been ridicule many times... They taunting and mockery experience by GEJ and his wife was the making of their own hands!, or do you want to start saying the 'my oga at the top' was wrongly ridiculed?.
Respect is reciprocal my brother....My religion teaches me to pray for those in authority,and I do so whoever it is.If I start running Fashola down for example,I don't think Posterity will allow me enjoy Lagos so much as I have done,For now GEJ is the president,and I pray and wish him well,even though I didn't vote for him(was not in the country then) and trust me,the government favours me and my career...there are laws of nature...when a first son disrespects his father,the second son surely get the inheritance.Americans are always saying" God bless America.....and we all queue for their Visa,is it that they don't have internal issues? They do! But they know they have to wish the leadership and the county well,and irrespective of the abominations that comes out of that country,everyone wants to visit there....Love Nigeria and pray for the leader even if he is from Koma village.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by oluwapoju(m): 8:26am On Feb 02, 2015
APC as ntin to offer Nigeria..... They r also not going for the debate organized by channels TV & co... Said its also partisan...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by xynerise: 8:26am On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari complaining only reveals his weaknesses.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by sage2(m): 8:26am On Feb 02, 2015
The press should now have a preview of what awaits them should Buhari wins. God forbid Buhari as our president. This man is already bitter and is set to trample on free speech. Sometimes, I feel like praying for to him to win so Nigerians will appreciate GEJ. A bitter man cannot lead a Nigeria of today.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by xtian234(m): 8:27am On Feb 02, 2015
2undexy:
Don't worry Buhari, after u ascend the throne,then u would av all power to cose down both Ait and Nta...just be patient

mehn stop dreaming and face reality.....dat timity and old fashioned iliterate can never be a Nigeria president .GEJ till 2019

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by smarthG(f): 8:27am On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari can only win 59% in Lagos but that's not enough to become a president. Even his nothern fellows know his wickedness he couldn't do anything for the North when he had the opportunity, what has changed now? He is only coming to expunge the freedom of speach clause from the constitution, it won't work.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Kennywills7(m): 8:28am On Feb 02, 2015
holatin:
are you trying to compare dat defamation documentary with outburst by people tired of one or the other of Jonathan rule.

let me jug your memory to how people started insulting him.
the fuel subsidy on Jan 1, he brought dat on himself but am not here to justify the behaviour to be a good one but dat documentary is bad and it should be condemned.

buhari too has been abused,rubbished more times I can count even given a millions of nickname ILLITERATE, BOKO HARAM, SICKLER,DICTATOR,VERTIFICATE FORGER to mention a few.
the same GEJ you dey defend call OBJ a tout....IMAGINE !
SAY d truth no matter where your loyalty lies.

good morning, happy new week
Bro don't mention obj here cos he is one of people dat cause d problems we are facing as a country!
One i realize is dat gej is receiving all d blame for d failures of our past leaders
Buhari has not bn insulted d way u guys rain insults on Gej
Bro learn to construct ur words without insulting d president
If u can't respect d president at least respect his office
U can say ur mind without insults

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by xtian234(m): 8:31am On Feb 02, 2015
sage2:
The press should now have a preview of what awaits them should Buhari wins. For forbid Buhari as our president. This man is already bitter and is set to trample on free speech. Sometimes, I fell like praying for to him to win so Nigerians will appreciate GEJ. A bitter man can lead a Nigeria of today.

That is to tell u that Buhari is still assuming Nigeria is still unda millitary regime......pls the better tin is just to let him make public fool of himseld rubish....

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by kingthreat(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2015
gratiaeo:
If Buhari were GEJ Sahara reporter, premium time etc would have been a thing of the past. Why did Buhari hate criticism?

Criticism. In any US elections, have you ever seen such evil propaganda? Bloody bigot
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by shidof(m): 8:32am On Feb 02, 2015
obamartins:
ua nothing but a congenital liar, the documentary just increased the love for the people's general cos a lot of people seen it as the highest rate of desperation by GEJ. what a sensible Nigerians are asking from GEJ was his achievement for the past 6yrs and his plan for the next 4yrs if he win not cheap propaganda.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by lordnammy(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2015
So it's painful? when APC is calling a sitting presdent all sort of name and painting you in gold u where happy, This is the beginning of your sorrows more is coming on feb 14.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by TheAdvocate(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2015
tit:

what will buhari regime do?
what will the tyrant do?
take people to bar beach?
something dey worry you for head.

dont he know the way to court if he feels he has been slandered?
you people just like trouble.

He should say that to BBC Hausa service!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yekini Nabena: Saraki Betrayed APC, He's A Traitor & A Double Agent / The Nine Kinds Of People Supporting Buhari For A Second Term, By ‘Fisayo Soyombo / EFCC Slams UK Bank HSBC For Predicting Buhari's Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.