Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,715 members, 7,844,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign (27283 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by deygar: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2015
There is one of his evil act I ddnt c in d documentary,, d puting of umaru dikko inside box..his saving grace b say him no write diplomatic parcel 4 d box body..kk may b dis is act one scene one..still unfolding..we keep am 4 am..
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PapiWata: 10:23am On Feb 02, 2015
johnbu:

i want you to realize the fact that God is using tinubu to propagate the goodness of democracy in nigeria, that would ensure uniformity in all sectors, abolishment of insecurity conundrum, through nomination of leader and changing of serving corrupt cabinet.

I like your sense of humor, because that is what it takes to wax poetic over a fugitive drug lord called Tinubu, who dare not set foot in the US, on account of an assured trip into jail that awaits him there.

Seriously, you are a hysterically funny guy, and I urge you consider parlaying your talent into a career on TV as a stand-up comedian.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Opiosko: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2015
maestroferddi:
Buhari somebody should have told you that electing to fight the press or part thereof is a recipe for disaster.

The proper thing to do should have been to ignore the criticism or subtly finding a way to debunk the alleged misinformation.

By showing susceptibility to criticisms, he will be giving his traducers more ammunition to ratchet up the attack.

Certainly a very wrong move.
Isn't it obvious to u that Buhari lacks the mental capacity for critical thinking? The man is past redemption If u want to help him, go to BBC Hausa service. Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by mathskill: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2015
PapiWata:

Oga no vex o. Na only to correct ya kindergarten FAILURE grammar I dey try to do here, and na like this you come dey thank me ?

You too wicked, just like ya oga Bokko Hari. Oya, two of you, show us ya certificate.
The certificate issue again. I guess you hv run out of devilish ideas to tarnish Buharis name.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PapiWata: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2015
mathskill:
The certificate issue again. I guess you hv run out of devilish ideas to tarnish Buharis name.

Ha ha ha oh no, there is more to point out, starting with your idol's fear of engaging ANYONE in a public debate, coupled with his premature and laughably presumptive threats to KILL a free press in order to hide the truth about his own primordially demonic antecedents.

Anyway, for the sake of your own health, I advise you to try and cheer up despite the impeding electoral landslide defeat of your terror gang fugitive from justice - Weeping General Bokko Hari.

All is well in the known universe on this fine day. All is well ha ha ha.
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Forwetinnah: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2015
The rodorodo isn't President yet and he's fussing over media publications. .they've been rubbishing GEJ/his administration via The Nation newspaper and no one has said a word?? Buhari really thinks he's the President of Nigeria already

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 02, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
so,this is d same press gag u saTANiod are shouting about in 1984,when somebody apply law and seek court for d right thing to be done.get ur head examine,is febuhari 14.

Thunder fire you there, SLAVE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PointB: 10:51am On Feb 02, 2015
eleko1:
sad Who'll caution those animals?We all knw that AIT,NTA,DSS,police are arms of PDP/anti pipu.BUHARI shouldn't bother bout the slandering of his person.It is written,No weapon fashion against BUHARI shall prosper/and every tongue that rises against him in judgement is already broken. They are defeated.Una propaganda no go work.Sai BUHARI cool

This prayer normally end with "In Jesus name" .

Can Buhari say Amen to such powerful ending? Does he believe in Jesus the Christ now?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Forwetinnah: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2015
slimfit1:
These two stations are not very professional at all in performing their duties. He should take NTA to court seriously. Ait well I don't expect anything spectacular from them.

Take who to court and for what?? Channels is anti-Jonathan. .have you heard him joining issues with them?? The Nation newspaper has done some Damage on GEJS administration. .has he ruffled anyone same way OBJ did?? All our ex generals know is oppression. .they think Democracy in Nigeria is a continuation of the Military regime

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by gostudyeurope: 10:57am On Feb 02, 2015
Study Study Study in the Czech Republic!!!!

Study in our partner university English program for admission 2015!!

Study!!!

Bachelor program Business Management and Corporate Finance
Bachelor program Marketing Communication
Master program Business Management and Corporate Finance
Master program Marketing Communication
MBA

Here are the basic admission requirements:

In order to receive student Admission letter you will have to provide US with the following through e-mail:

* Copies of Passport,
* Copies of Educational Certificates, WEAC/ B.SC transcript.
* Copy of Birth Certificate etc.

All the above mentioned documents should be in English

If the school decide to accept you. An interview will be organized via Skype. ( Pls only genuine students are admitted. If you come over to Czech Republic and you didn't turn-up to study WE/ our partner university will cancel your visa and turn you back to NIGERIA)

Admission will close Soon.. Contact us by email info@gostudyeurope.org
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by onyibajoe(m): 10:59am On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari should participate in debate and stop looking for a way to dodge it.
gratiaeo:

From GODWIN TSA, Abuja

The presidential can­didate of the All Progressives Con­gress (APC), Gen­eral Muhammadu Buhari, has petitioned the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) over alleged hate campaign against him.

In his petition addressed to the Chairman of the commis­sion, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, by the Director of Legal, APC Presidential Campaign Coun­cil, Chukwuma Machukwu Umeh (SAN), Buhari specifi­cally urged the NHRC to take punitive measures against the African Independent Televi­sion (AIT) and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for airing a fabricated docu­mentary against him.

A similar petition has also been written to the Direc­tor General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). The petition dated January 30, 2015 drew the at­tention of the commission to what it described as “the on­going mischievous, fabricated, defamatory and hate docu­mentary broadcasts by African Independent Television and Nigerian Television Authority against All Progressives Con­gress and its presidential can­didate, General Muhammadu Buhari.”

The APC noted that apart from being fabricated and planted, the broadcasts were a complete negation of the re­cent noble violence-free elec­tion accord.

The petition read in part: “Campaign of hate, particular­ly when based on twisted facts and ill intentions, is a construc­tive incitement to violence. Campaign of hate is not only dehumanizing, it is against the spirit of our constitution and unwholesome to national interest. The electorate have right to base their evaluation of every election candidate on true facts, not deceptive and cooked manipulations.

“As you are aware, the broadcasts contravened Sec­tions 34 (1) (a), 35, 36 and 37 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) as well as Section 95 of the Electoral Act, 2010. General election is a solemn process to enable Ni­gerians build a better nation, good future and real prosper­ity. Certainly, these cannot be achieved on campaign and broadcast of hate.

“I, therefore, request your good office to investigate these ugly developments in our nation-building processes as to issue out necessary pun­ishments to the Nigerian Tele­vision Authority, Daar Com­munication Plc, (the owners of African Independent Televi­sion) and their comrades in the unholy acts.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102766

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Forwetinnah: 11:02am On Feb 02, 2015
thunder74:
The last time I checked my law books, truth is one of the defence of libel and defamation. The best place to seek redress is competent court.
By the way, who will sanction Channels TV for the APC documentary again GEJ?

I wonder...Buhari thinks he has rights to be untouchable. Such an incorrigible old man, why is he in the kitchen if he can't stand the heat??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Forwetinnah: 11:09am On Feb 02, 2015
menesheh:

Buhari’s advert on youtube, what can he say to that.

He started all this by his advert on youtube saying the govt is not working and all sort of rubbish

Yet to see their advert on MTV base..but someone who has said it's full of gigantic lies and fake pictures!! grin They showed the schools Ameachi built while he was still in PDP and his one coach monorail (just the front..cause obviously it leads nowhere) as part of APC achievements, now if that isn't 419..i wonder what is. What a shameful party

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Bawss1(m): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2015
PapiWata:

Ha ha ha oh no, there is more to point out, starting with your idol's fear of engaging ANYONE in a public debate, coupled with his premature and laughably presumptive threats to KILL a free press in order to hide the truth about his own primordially demonic antecedents.

Anyway, for the sake of your own health, I advise you to try and cheer up despite the impeding electoral landslide defeat of your terror gang fugitive from justice - Weeping General Bokko Hari.

All is well in the known universe on this fine day. All is well ha ha ha.

Jakumo is that you?
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by mathskill: 11:12am On Feb 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2015
In my opinion, all of this does not mean he wont win the presidential race. who are those you claim he killed? Drug traffickers, armed robbers, political thiefs of the Shagari regime who are part of the age long problems of this country. He is a coup plotter, yes he is, he came in to power through the coup, was he the only military man who came in through coup? All these slander and character assassination will not help PDP at all. Buhari has his mistakes, he is only human. But it can never be compared to the hardship, suffering and hopelessness that GEJ, okonjo, and maduekwe has brought upon nigerians. All of those who support GEJ, has reasons for doing so, likewise those who support GMB.

But lets ask GEJ, why so much hate broadcast? why did you not tell us all of this in 2011 election, why now? Do you think you are angelic enough that you are flawless.

1.Where is Nigeria's 20 billion dollars?
2. What happened to Nigeria's foreign reserve mr gej?
3. Oil price fell by almost 80 dollars, whyis it that fuel price only reduced by 10 naira?
4. whereare the chibok girls?
5. Even abacha regime does not bring so much blood shed as yours? Boko haram alleged sponsor, Ali Modu sherif is now your brother. you said Boko Haram is ion your Govt, yet you have not tell nigerians who they are or tried and one, thats cluelessness at its peak.
6.Immigration job scam, you and moro still owing jobless nigerians 1000 naira which you forcefully took from them, they lost their lives, nobs were not offered and money not refunded.
7. I you want debate with GMB so much and you think you are capable, why not take GMB to Al Jazeera, bbc, cnn, or cctv? why ait, channels and nta where you have directors and journalist that you can secretly muscle down and threaten?
8. Why do you broadcast the achievement of past government as yours? Ibadan Ilorin road was constructed by Obasanjo regime, the Lagos Ibadan you started is still uncompleted after 3 years.
9. why do you celebrate thieves, corrupt officials and drug baron? you gave alamsia (State pardon ) wtf? Stella odua faced no trial, Americas most wanted drug lord buruji Kashamu is one of your best allies.
10. why did you sack Sanusi Lamido? because he voiced out on the alarming rate at which several billions of dollars disappear without a trace under you watch..? etc etc

I think Buhari can do better than all these and no amount of character assassination can stop nigerians from voting him in.

PDP and Gej need to campaign and stop character assasination of buhari or any opponent, convince us to vote you in, dont tell us why we should ot vote for a particular candidate. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Forwetinnah: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2015
shidof:
ua nothing but a congenital liar, the documentary just increased the love for the people's general cos a lot of people seen it as the highest rate of desperation by GEJ. what a sensible Nigerians are asking from GEJ was his achievement for the past 6yrs and his plan for the next 4yrs if he win not cheap propaganda.

Increased which love...why is he complaining then?? Delusion!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by dre11(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari threatens to drag NTA, AIT to court over hate broadcasts

ABUJA —The Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari (ret), has threatened to take legal action against the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, and the African Independent Television, AIT, for airing hate broadcasts against his personality.

This came on a day the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, warned all broadcasting stations operating in the country to adhere strictly to the provisions of the broadcasting code or risk sanctions.
In a protest letter lodged through the Legal Director of APC Presidential Campaign Council, Mr. Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume, SAN, Buhari, insisted that the two television stations must not only retract the “hate documentaries,” but also issue a public apology to him.
He said he would not hesitate to seek legal remedy should the television houses refuse to comply with the conditions.
Besides, the APC candidate said he had already petitioned the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, NBC, and the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, asking them to investigate both NTA and AIT over the hate broadcasts and take necessary punitive actions.
“The hate broadcast has been on from Saturday, January 24, 2015 to Sunday, January 25, 2015, at 11p.m. in AIT,” Buhari noted.
Meanwhile, The National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, has warned all broadcasting stations to adhere strictly to the provisions of the broadcasting code or risk sanctions.
The Director-General of the Commission, Mr. Emeka Mba, who issued the warning, said the Commission acknowledged the effort of broadcasting stations were making in lubricating the nation’s political space, but noted that some stations had been operating outside the provisions of the code in a manner that could become counter-productive to the national objectives of peaceful, free and fair elections.
“We are in exciting times. Political campaigns are under way and the nation is agog with politicians campaigning to persuade the electorate to support them, this is how it should, that is the beauty of democracy,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/buhari-threatens-drag-nta-ait-court-hate-broadcasts/

Am sure the op is trying to play with people mind by saying Buhari don't like criticism......

But what he is challenging for are not criticism but HATE campaign, not respecting the code of conduct of journalism and the disregard for the electoral law during campaign

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by ideee03(f): 11:20am On Feb 02, 2015
Abeggy, shey na dem dey play dirty politics. APC and PDP should also sue each other for their derogatory campaign posters and negative comments in their rallies. Yeye dey smell...
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by eleko1: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2015
wink wink wink
PointB:

This prayer normally end with "In Jesus name" .

Can Buhari say Amen to such powerful ending?
A BIG AMENNN to dat smiley cool
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Etruth: 11:25am On Feb 02, 2015
obamartins:
[s]That documentary is hitting GMB badly, I have a couple of friends who were supporting Buhari blindly but after seeing the documentary, I heard comments like "this guy naa demon o" "Haa! This guy is a bastard" "kai! This man is evil" "the guy naa scam" and so on. From the same friends and even more people I knew were undecided b4 they saw the documentary. GMB will do everything to stop that documentary which nothing but the truth.[/s]
. NO ONE CARES. SAI BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by omotalkie(f): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2015
Park! Buhari pull over...hmm Buhari pull over. Show me ur certificate Buhari pull over, hmm Buhari pull over. (Dat part got me cracking serzly) grin grin grin. GEJ tillllllllllll 2019, no two ways about it!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Here2BustnScrew: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2015
gratiaeo:

From GODWIN TSA, Abuja

The presidential can­didate of the All Progressives Con­gress (APC), Gen­eral Muhammadu Buhari, has petitioned the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) over alleged hate campaign against him.

In his petition addressed to the Chairman of the commis­sion, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, by the Director of Legal, APC Presidential Campaign Coun­cil, Chukwuma Machukwu Umeh (SAN), Buhari specifi­cally urged the NHRC to take punitive measures against the African Independent Televi­sion (AIT) and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for airing a fabricated docu­mentary against him.

A similar petition has also been written to the Direc­tor General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). The petition dated January 30, 2015 drew the at­tention of the commission to what it described as “the on­going mischievous, fabricated, defamatory and hate docu­mentary broadcasts by African Independent Television and Nigerian Television Authority against All Progressives Con­gress and its presidential can­didate, General Muhammadu Buhari.”

The APC noted that apart from being fabricated and planted, the broadcasts were a complete negation of the re­cent noble violence-free elec­tion accord.

The petition read in part: “Campaign of hate, particular­ly when based on twisted facts and ill intentions, is a construc­tive incitement to violence. Campaign of hate is not only dehumanizing, it is against the spirit of our constitution and unwholesome to national interest. The electorate have right to base their evaluation of every election candidate on true facts, not deceptive and cooked manipulations.

“As you are aware, the broadcasts contravened Sec­tions 34 (1) (a), 35, 36 and 37 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) as well as Section 95 of the Electoral Act, 2010. General election is a solemn process to enable Ni­gerians build a better nation, good future and real prosper­ity. Certainly, these cannot be achieved on campaign and broadcast of hate.

“I, therefore, request your good office to investigate these ugly developments in our nation-building processes as to issue out necessary pun­ishments to the Nigerian Tele­vision Authority, Daar Com­munication Plc, (the owners of African Independent Televi­sion) and their comrades in the unholy acts.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102766
buhari should keep on dreaming, he had no idea that his sins will find him out.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
omenka:
Baba who is going to sanction them NCB, NBC, DSS, NPF?? Who will??

These campaigns in my opinion have only helped to make you even more popular. They reveal how desperate PDP is to ensure a man of such noble character as you never gets into Aso Rock. If you were as dirty as they want Nigerians to believe, they wouldn't have needed all that energy to pass the message across, don't you think so?? And Nigerians understand that! smiley

Sai Baba. Sai Buhari.

#DeliverYourStreet.
You are a nice guy, this is the only way PDP can campaign, fabricated evil story with impunity, the more they criticized the more united the supporters are, the gullible ones will not do research but accept blindly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by M4gunners: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
So this is how he will sanction all stations when he finally becomes President i guess. A dictator is dictator weather military or civilian rule.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by M4gunners: 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Finally Seun and co have lift bound on me after 24 hours.Sign to show GEJ is winning this election come february 24th.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
i think its high time APC supporters left the social media for PDP fans with their drivel. lets concentrate on the election, all these fabricated stories just to distract us, but we are too united to be disunited, they can't pull us down. After FEBUHARI 14 everything wil end

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by bamidbamid: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
obamartins:
That documentary is hitting GMB badly, I have a couple of friends who were supporting Buhari blindly but after seeing the documentary, I heard comments like "this guy naa demon o" "Haa! This guy is a bastard" "kai! This man is evil" "the guy naa scam" and so on. From the same friends and even more people I knew were undecided b4 they saw the documentary. GMB will do everything to stop that documentary which nothing but the truth.
wow.. what a coincidence.... a bunch of my friends too after seeing dat documentary. .. made up their minds to follow GMB saying things like '' Dis is d kind of man to tackle corruption in naija", I av not seen any documentary showing d achievements of gej or pdp yet dey can sponsor series of propaganda against GMB.". "GMB must b special, to av been so focused on by d pdp"..
as for pips like me.. d documentary only made us stronger in love with GMB..
Sai buhari !!!!
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
buhari can like to behave like bitchi sha! must he do pity -attitude to get his worshippers?

everytime he's sober. a General behaving like a girl in school. tufîàkwà gi!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by VoteWisely: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by fireforfire: 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
tit:

what will buhari regime do?
what will the tyrant do?
take people to bar beach?
something dey worry you for head.

dont he know the way to court if he feels he has been slandered?
you people just like trouble.

small small joor. nq fight?
Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by arinzeuba: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Why can't buhari face his WAEC issue and leave AIT and NTA for saying the truth. You know GMB is not capable of ruling nigeria as a president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Visits Governor Sanwo-Olu (Photos & Videos) / Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed / Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.