Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats (23495 Views)

Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / Why I Don't Attend Council Of States Meeting With President Buhari – Fayose / ATTACKS ON BUHARI: Fayose Lacks Yoruba Training — Olumilua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 02, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, has declared that the advert he placed in which he raised doubts about the health status of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), was neither a death wish nor laced with sinister motives.

Fayose clarified that his reason for taking the step was to prevent a recurrence of constitutional crisis, which the sudden demise of late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had created in the country.

He, however, reiterated that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the February 14 presidential election, President Goodluck Jonathan, will win the election convincingly.

The Governor stated this in Ado Ekiti on Saturday while playing host to a team of American diplomats in his office led by the United States Consul-General in Lagos, Mr. Jeffrey Hawkins.

Fayose said the state witnessed a peaceful poll last year during the governorship election, expressing confidence that the standard this time around would not be lower.

Explaining to the diplomats about the advertorial, Fayose said it was not a death wish advert but to appeal to sense of reasoning to prevent the episode of 2010 when the National Assembly had to invoke Doctrine of Necessity for President Jonathan, the then Vice-President, to take over in acting capacity, when Yar’Adua had been incapacitated by sickness.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-advert-not-a-death-wish-for-buhari-fayose-tells-american-diplomats/200652/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by dealslip(f): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2015
The first step to transformation or change is repentance by all Nigerians as a nation. Our salvation is not in any of the candidates but in ourselves. Neither Jonathan nor Buhari will bring transformation or change.
We as a people are very corrupt and it reflects on the leaders we chose. Don't waste your energy on any politicians because they can not change for you what you should change in your life.

Corruption occurs when:
- You bribe or sleep with lecturers for marks or promotion.
-You give bribe to Police and Traffic Officers.
-You as a staff in public or private organisation covet properties of the government to yours.
-You help to lynch suspected criminals to death.
-You throw refuse on the floor causing blockages in the drainage.
-You vandalise oil pipeline and call it national cake.
-You help politicians inflate invoice or launder money as a contractor or bankers.
-You jump queues at filling station, ATM gallery, banks etc
- You bear false witness against your neighbour
-You pay invigilators for expo at exam centres
-You owe workers deliberately and refuse to pay them.
- You forge certificates and visas.
- You bypass NEPA installations for cheaper bills.
- You as civil servants help politicians to change facts and figures in the name of political appointments.

Is this what we expect them to save us from. To save us from ourselves. I know they are corrupt but they are actually a chip of the old block. They are a reflections of us as Nigerians. They cannot save us from ourselves. The vices we commit are too numerous to be listed. The accumulation of this wrong doings is what we call corruption today. If we as individuals don't change, no general or PHD holder can cause any change. We need to lead our self first before we give the permission to lead us. Don't settle for tissue papers and NEPA bills or no shoes emotion. Settle for respect and your prosperity. At that point we won't need be led. Most of what we want the presidents to do for us are things we should do ourselves.

131 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Truth24(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2015
And Dat is to mean;
Gej till 2019 ba?
OK carry Go!
#GejUnstopable

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by madgoat(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2015
SAI BUHARI.... SAI BABA... SAI APC grin

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 02, 2015
madgoat:
SAI BUHARI.... SAI BABA... SAI APC grin

grin @your username

18 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2015
Truth24:
And Dat is to mean;
Gej till 2019 ba?
OK carry Go!
#GejUnstopable

You got it!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by jingh(f): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2015
[s]Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, has
declared that the advert he placed in which he raised
doubts about the health status of the presidential
candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), was neither a death
wish nor laced with sinister motives.
Fayose clarified that his reason for taking the step was
to prevent a recurrence of constitutional crisis, which
the sudden demise of late President Umaru Musa
Yar’Adua had created in the country.
He, however, reiterated that the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) candidate in the February 14 presidential
election, President Goodluck Jonathan, will win the
election convincingly.
The Governor stated this in Ado Ekiti on Saturday while
playing host to a team of American diplomats in his
office led by the United States Consul-General in Lagos,
Mr. Jeffrey Hawkins.
Fayose said the state witnessed a peaceful poll last
year during the governorship election, expressing
confidence that the standard this time around would
not be lower.
Explaining to the diplomats about the advertorial,
Fayose said it was not a death wish advert but to
appeal to sense of reasoning to prevent the episode of
2010 when the National Assembly had to invoke
Doctrine of Necessity for President Jonathan, the then
Vice-President, to take over in acting capacity, when
Yar’Adua had been incapacitated by sickness.[/s]

shut da Bleep up.

you think Nigeria are so foolish to be deceived by this explanation.
temitemi come and defend your partner in stupidity.

Omo ale yoruba

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by clevvermind(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2015
Fayose did well. People just misinterpreted what he did as evil but it's not. Buhari is sick phsically and mentally, therefore he needs serious medical attention abroad cos his case is worse. It can't be handled by doctors in Nigeria. Fayose didn't want him to die. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by gentleoyink: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
dealslip:
The first step to transformation or change is repentance by all Nigerians as a nation. Our salvation is not in any of the candidates but in ourselves. Neither Jonathan nor Buhari will bring transformation or change.
We as a people are very corrupt and it reflects on the leaders we chose. Don't waste your energy on any politicians because they can not change for you what you should change in your life.

Corruption occurs when:
-You as a staff in public or private organisation covet properties of the government to yours.
-You help politicians inflate invoice or launder money as a contractor or bankers.
- You as civil servants help politicians to change facts and figures in the name of political appointments.

Is this what we expect them to save us from. To save us from ourselves. I know they are corrupt but they are actually a chip of the old block. They are a reflections of us as Nigerians. They cannot save us from ourselves. The vices we commit are too numerous to be listed. The accumulation of this wrong doings is what we call corruption today. If we as individuals don't change, no general or PHD holder can cause any change. We need to lead our self first before we give the permission to lead us. Don't settle for tissue papers and NEPA bills or no shoes emotion. Settle for respect and your prosperity. At that point we won't need be led. Most of what we want the presidents to do for us are things we should do ourselves.

Thank you for this. I have tried to tell anyone who can listen that for Nigeria to improve about 90% of the work will have to come from the so called 'masses'. I think it as a result of mental laziness you see people trying to blame government for everything.

If someone steals, kill, ... it is always government they want to blame. They have forgotten that conscience and family values are supposed to be the very first line of resistance and deterrent against such vices. Nigerians should first talk of building and upholding high levels of morals. It is only then good people will rise to rule from within.

9 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by linuxuser(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Corruption is indemic in the soul, spirit and body of a typical Nigerian no matter who they are and no matter how young or old they are. I have tried this many times. You give N500 to a small child to buy you a recharge card. Upon return he/she will not want to give you back your change. Why? because he/she thinks the change is his/her entitlement. There is nothing a typical Nigerian will not do for the sake of money and come to think of it, what really do they do with this money? Sincerely nothing that is worth it because they ill-gotten it and it wastes away. Even these rogues that call themselves leaders whoso ever they are, have no peace of mind because the spirit of all the people that should have been a beneficiary of what they stole hunts them and their children.

All politicians are one and the same no matter if they are PDP or APC. Jonathan cannot fight corruption neither can Buhari. Either supporters' can tell us otherwise but both are simply craving for power and nothing more. Is it the sponsors of Buhari that he will probe? Its simply not going to happen and he himself knows it. He said he only had 1 million, he said he borrowed money to get his presidential form, her daughters spends about 6-10m Naira a year for her scholling. Where are all these money coming from? From his Allah? or where?. Or is it Jonathan that will probe his financiers? So if Buhari said he will probe people, its all lies and deception so also is Jonathan. God help us.

dealslip:

Corruption occurs when:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Who gives a f.uck about you and your idiotic reason? Wait till GMB is sworn and you shall eat your faeces!

12 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by wazobiaforu(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
stylishly begging is not allowed, everybody started using style to take a space in the president heart

no way, go back and lick the ass of the out-going president

before i forget

#wazobiaHasDecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by omenka(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Spare us the explanation sir. In due time, you shall be called upon to explain exactly what you meant by it. Enjoy your horseride while it lasts. smiley

13 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by sunkoye: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Who is he trying to explain his goof to?

The guy is getting scared already. ... grin

7 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by morhsuud22(m): 3:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Who asked him to explain?? SAI BUHARI till Jonathan goes for summer in Maiduguri

4 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by hazyfm1: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
REALLY??

LIAR

2 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by MizMyColi(f): 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'm here to read and like comments.

3 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
APC4LIFE
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fayorascal cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by englishmart(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
fayose my man

1 Like

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by PipSurgeon(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
fptins..
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by 234Forum: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by iiichidodo: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fayose no need explaining yourself..the amercanskis all know what's up...they also know change is when a group insist that power must go back to the north and kick up a movement that will involve a war of attrition with lives of our fine young men in the balance,they are also aware that the next change is an incoming movement brewing in the creeks but these time around not only lives but the very lifeblood of the Nigerian economy is threatened...Fayose pls tell them Nigerians don't need that the change offered up by an illiterate old hypocrite whose short life span at this moment is being taken into consideration by a cabal keen on the spoils of Nigeria..…Nigerians say no to change.
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by tundeayo2020: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
na wa
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by kinisoo1: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
[size=88pt]WHAT IS THIS THUG SAYING ?[/size]

10 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by j4sure(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
Atlast Fayose bcom docile. Humble himself to explain what he meant by d purpoted controversial advert

2 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by clubone0502: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
There are no guarantees with life and living. .

Keep the orders coming. . cool

1 Share

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by MAYOWAAK: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
THIS IS WHAT I DID TO THE USELESS ADVERT

19 Likes

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by j4sure(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
j4sure:
Atlast Fayose bcom docile
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by hadizadeezy(f): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
clevvermind:
Fayose did well. People just misinterpreted what he did as evil but it's not. Buhari is sick phsically and mentally, therefore he needs serious medical attention abroad cos his case is worse. It can't be handled by doctors in Nigeria. Fayose didn't want him to die.
you classify that as "did well"? you don't oppose by acting stupid little bro.
Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fayose can wish whatever he likes but he is not God and he can't be God. Those that want GMB to die will witness his 85th Birthday. Sai Buhari

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats by slimpoppa(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Well Trained Special Military Forces On Earth / Lai Mohammed To PDP: Bury Your Head In Shame As Buhari "Packs Your Mess" / South-east Group Vows To 'physically Deliver' Nnamdi Kanu To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.