Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats (1232 Views)

Your Girlfriend Cheats On You And Sends You This Money & Note / Keeping A Good Man Is Easy If Its Not Always About You / 7 Things That Will Make A Man Never Want To Marry You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by mumumugu(m): 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
A good man doesn’t even have time to cheat.

A good man doesn’t take the easy way out.
Cheating is the easy way out. It’s the easy way out of a bad relationship. It’s the easy way to escape. It’s the easy way to avoid responsibility for a breakup by doing something stupid and having her end it instead. It is a way to avoid facing your problems rather than standing up and dealing with them like a grown adult.
Not all relationships are meant to last. Breakups happen every day and for all different reasons – but a good man will understand that and take it in stride. If he is in a relationship he knows isn’t going to work, or if the time comes he has fallen out of love and knows he shouldn’t be stringing his girlfriend on any longer, he will sit her down and have an adult conversation with her about his feelings. He will not start acting single while he is still in a relationship.

A good man respectshimself.
C. S. Lewis once said: Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. I think some men stop themselves from cheating simply because they are afraid of getting caught – but good men would stay faithful even if it were guaranteed that nobody would find out if they weren’t

A good man has grown past adding notches to his bedpost.
A man who is secure and confident in himself no longer has a need to validate his manhood or self-worth by proving he can ‘get the girl.’ Men who are insecure often times need to continue achieving conquests in order to feel like men.

A good man respects the woman in his life.
Cheating is disrespect. It is casting someone else’s feelings aside because of something temporary you want. But not just something you want; something you want at the expense of your girlfriend/wife, and your relationship

A good man has a conscience.
A simple reason, yes – but a strong one nonetheless. The constant guilt associated with cheating on a woman you love and then having to pretend everything is great when you are around her; I would imagine, is impossibly difficult.

A good man values love over a fleeting experience.
When you are in a loving, committed relationship with someone, there are far more layers of fulfillment than just sex. A relationship based solely on sexual attraction is a flimsy one that could fall apart at the first challenge; but when two people genuinely love and respect each other, they can weather any storm.

A good man has evolved beyond his primal urges.
We all have biological urges instilled in us by billions of years of evolution. The desire to reproduce, sexual attraction, so on and so forth. This is often used as an excuse for cheating because “we are not built for monogamy.”
While monogamy isn’t necessarily natural to humans, a good man understands that being natural is not the point. Monogamy is a choice. It is a pledge to the person you love to commit yourself to them, and only them. A good man has the ability to resist his basic urges for the sake of a more important choice he has made for himself.

A good man appreciates what he has.
Obviously, this is a big reason. The more you appreciate your partner, the more valuable they are to you, and the less you are willing risk losing them or hurting them

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by cyprianlah(m): 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
''In MI's voice'' make we just leave am for middle!
Notin like good man, every man has cheated atleast twice in his life

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
There are good men, but "good" is subjective.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by daniquaver(m): 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
Op,Wit ds Ur definition of a Gdman,I'm not sure i'v met 1 on ds planet earth b4
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by daniquaver(m): 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
My gy dnt cntradct ur self
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hhhmmmmmmmmm....so true!!...am glad u see tinz d way I do
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by NiceMan4(m): 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
A good man doesn't just have the time to cheat - this summarised it.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by IceSplash(f): 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
A "good" man is hard to find
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Enegod(m): 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
women want a real, smart, strong man, not a toy boy undecided
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
Okay......so where can we find this good man?

*sigh*
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by xcitedjay(m): 11:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
MzNelly:

*sigh*

We don't want to be found.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
xcitedjay:

We don't want to be found.

Why? embarassed
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
so i've been a good man all this while without knowing it angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Enegod(m): 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
MzNelly:

*sigh*
There are many good men on this site, but don't try to send them a message, if their wives find out they'll kill'em. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Donpeak(f): 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
i wish all men were good.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by jmoore(m): 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
I represent.

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by OLAKEJI18: 12:05am On Feb 03, 2015
OMG! ayafbookedhereo.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Davijunson: 12:41am On Feb 03, 2015
I totally agree with the OP. cheating is a choice, so also is Faithfulness. And with discipline and self control, who says you can't remain Faithful.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by DonaldGenes(m): 12:44am On Feb 03, 2015
IceSplash:
A "good" man is hard to find

Is that a joke or on what premises are you using?

Btw, Who told you that woman?
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Davijunson: 12:46am On Feb 03, 2015
cyprianlah:
''In MI's voice'' make we just leave am for middle!
Notin like good man, every man has cheated atleast twice in his life
Bros, speak for yourself. that you can't be Faithful doesn't mean there are people who aren't Faithful.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Wyclefniranz(m): 12:51am On Feb 03, 2015
click like if u only read d comment
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by pressplay55: 1:13am On Feb 03, 2015
A good man does not cheat becuae when he makes promise, he keeps to it and stand by ît.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Tymax(m): 1:35am On Feb 03, 2015
That's right. cool

Representing...

Grab me now. Going.... Going.....

Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by xcitedjay(m): 11:00am On Feb 03, 2015
MzNelly:

Why? embarassed

Bad women will not let us rest.
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
xcitedjay:

Bad women will not let us rest.

grin. Happy hiding
Re: Reasons Why A Good Man Never Cheats by Lifetitudes(f): 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good men are rare!!!! God bless the good men.

(1) (Reply)

Bedroom Tips Girls Secretly Want A Guy To Do / What An Insult / MEN Need To Stop Treating WOMEN Like Sex Object!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.