Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (124822 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . .Imagine how much money his 1 pound will be iin cedi

he would be church rat poor by the time he comes out with loads of debt on his head. unless he's got loads of investment back in ghana, he would be begging for cedis.

pickabeau1:

Choi...
The girls family in ghana will hunt him down

that's after he hunts the naija neighbour down. grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

he would be church rat poor by the time he comes out with loads of debt on his head. unless he's got loads of investment back in ghana, he would be begging for cedis.

I guess the prison system in UK is so different from in Canada, cos in Canada, while you there, you could be doing few things to earn income there, and remember free food, and other things without paying for accommodation . . .
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I guess the prison system in UK is so different from in Canada, cos in Canada, while you there, you could be doing few things to earn income there, and remember free food, and other things without paying for accommodation . . .

they can choose to work here as well but they are paid peanuts. the pay doesn't motivate loads of them so they just sleep all day in their cells.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

they can choose to work here as well but they are paid peanuts. the pay doesn't motivate loads of them so they just sleep all day in their cells.

The bold got me laughing, sleeping all day without exercise go make them look like yokozuma... cheesy grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
shinejackie:

The bold got me laughing, sleeping all day without exercise go make them look like yokozuma... cheesy grin

they have gym sessions o....
pool table, 3D football pitches, table football, table tennis, etc. there are TVs in their cells too. if it's a private prison, then it often comes with satellite channels. grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

they have gym sessions o....
pool table, 3D football pitches, table football, table tennis, etc. there are TVs in their cells too. if it's a private prison, then it often comes with satellite channels. grin

so much luxury to make some of them prefer prison life to freedom...... grin grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

that's after he hunts the naija neighbour down. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
shinejackie:

so much luxury to make some of them prefer prison life to freedom...... grin grin

no bills, no stress, 3 square meals, etc.
the only thing they don't have is freedom. they are locked up 20-23 hrs of the day.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

Kai
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

no bills, no stress, 3 square meals, etc.
the only thing they don't have is freedom. they are locked up 20-23 hrs of the day.

True.....
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Demainman1: 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
We are the defenders of bad women? They have gone very quiet lately.

Continue your bad ways. Keep frustrating that that good man you agree to marry because the law here will side with you.
You might just become the next victim.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by itstpia8: 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
your wish is a CAPITAL FAIL.

The views of the nl "men" here are noted sha.

It seems your bottom line is as long as its not a Nigerian woman doing an evil, you are ok with it (evil), but if its a Nigerian woman doing anything, whether good or bad, you are strongly against.

what you sow you'll reap in any case.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by itstpia8: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
Demainman1:

I will become the next victim.

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
shinejackie:

this is a typical UK prison setting....

and their gym.....

and when the lags decide to work out....

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
hahahaha @coogar, dishing out info since 1400AD........ cheesy cool
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The difference is that in one of the scenarios there is a father who is available and in the other not.

The difference is that in one of the scenarios the woman did not decide to take care of the kids all by herself but the the decision has been made by TWO people.

You are slowly losing it, seriously.
@Carefree, pls if the woman gave up job and promotion for the period she was birthing children, that means she must have been broke and somebody was responsible for her upkeep throughout that period. That same person must also have taken responsibility for settling healthcare bills and catering for other family needs throughout that period. My question is, if that person is the husband, how should he be compensated for all he spent If the wife should be compensated for giving up her job? Since the children are jointly owned by the two.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The difference is that in one of the scenarios there is a father who is available and in the other not.

The difference is that in one of the scenarios the woman did not decide to take care of the kids all by herself but the the decision has been made by TWO people.

You are slowly losing it, seriously.
@Carefree, pls if the woman gave up her job and promotion for the period she was birthing children, that means she must have been broke and somebody was responsible for her upkeep throughout that period. That same person must also have taken responsibility for settling healthcare bills and catering for other family needs throughout that period. My question is, if that person is the husband, how should he be compensated for all he spent If the wife should be compensated for giving up her job? Since the children are jointly owned by the two.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
donpeey22:
@Carefree, pls if the woman gave up her job and promotion for the period she was birthing children, that means she must have been broke and somebody was responsible for her upkeep throughout that period. That same person must also have taken responsibility for settling healthcare bills and catering for other family needs throughout that period. My question is, if that person is the husband, how should he be compensated for all he spent If the wife should be compensated for giving up her job? Since the children are jointly owned by the two.

We were talking about Western divorce laws here. And in the West a woman who takes maternity leave is not broke and not without insurance. wink
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by SirShymexx: 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
coogar:

from colchester eastwards, right?
my last time in colchester was in 2004. it's a very nice place.

Colchester is far - I've not really checked the place out.

Places like: Loughton, Debden, and Buckhurst Hill are close by - with top notch quality. grin

They're not really too far from where I live as well.

THe only way is Essex.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

We were talking about Western divorce laws here. And in the West a woman who takes maternity leave is not broke and not without insurance. wink
I know what the topic is about. I was actually referring to a scenario where the lady never had a job ab initio. Perhaps, if she was working and had to give up her job to birth children, it could be justifiable to compensate her in the event of divorce.

I asked my question because most of the times the ladies that ask to be compensated for times they spent giving birth to children are broke azzs ladies who never had a dime of their own but depended on their hubbies for upkeep.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
donpeey22:
I know what the topic is about. I was actually referring to a scenario where the lady never had a job ab initio. Perhaps, if she was working and had to give up her job to birth children, it could be justifiable to compensate her in the event of divorce.

I asked my question because most of the times the ladies that ask to be compensated for times they spent giving birth to children are broke azzs ladies who never had a dime of their own but depended on their hubbies for upkeep.

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe.

There is something called prenuptial agreement, people should make use of it instead of complaining all the time. If you know that the laws are unfair, protect yourself. I have no compassion for people who know how messy a marriage and divorce can turn out to be, especially in the West where divorce rates are between 40 and 50% and still don'T make use of prenuptial agreements.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

There is something called prenuptial agreement, people should make use of it instead of complaining all the time. If you know that the laws are unfair, protect yourself. I have no compassion for people who know how messy a marriage and divorce can turn out to be, especially in the West where divorce rates are between 40 and 50% and still don'T make use of prenuptial agreements.

Prenuptial . No!
Use a condom . No!
Don't get married. No!

They just keep screaming in my ears. grin

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Chillisauce:

Prenuptial . No!
Use a condom . No!
Don't get married. No!

They just keep screaming in my ears. grin

Have more compassion. They are the victims. grin

None of them has shown up on the "wife killed husband thread" yet. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Have more compassion. They are the victims. grin

None of them has shown up on the "wife killed husband thread" yet. grin grin grin

Compassion ke.
I was watching an old movie on how these west treat their women . Very precious. They fight wars, kill for them. tongue
Yet our brothers will be the first to take off if small thief knock on his door, leaving wife and kids behind.

Putting much value to material gains over human life.

Na dem go church pass oh.
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
Chillisauce:

Compassion ke.
I was watching an old movie on how these west treat their women . Very precious. They fight wars, kill for them. tongue
Yet our brothers will be the first to take off if small thief knock on his door, leaving wife and kids behind.

Our much value to material gains over human life.

Na dem go church pass oh.
grin

Compassion Chilli, poverty has this impact on people, you know. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Ewuro4: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Demainman1:
We are the defenders of bad women? They have gone very quiet lately.

Continue your bad ways. Keep frustrating that that good man you agree to marry because the law here will side with you.
You might just become the next victim.

shocked shocked shocked sad Biko oga take a deep breath
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by oshaosha2014(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

ANy sane man would provide money to take care of his child, WOmen asking to be rewarded for having their own babies is the appearance of insanity here

I wonder o. They want a man to feel lucky they are giving birth to babies like they are doing it on his behalf, or doing him a favour. Something that was made your role before you started pronouncing words.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

dear carefree, if you agreed that a lady who gave up her job to birth children deserves a compensation in the event of divorce, then you should also "know" that a man who spent his hard earned money taking care of a jobless wife equally deserves a compensation in the during divorce, unless it is agreed that the children belong to the man and the man alone, in which case the lady can be paid off and made to forfeit everything about the children to the man. That's the fair deal!

I agree with you on the prenuptial agreement tho

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
donpeey22:
dear carefree, if you agreed that a lady who gave up her job to birth children deserves a compensation in the event of divorce, then you should also "know" that a who spent his hard earned money taking care of a jobless wife equally deserves a compensation in the during divorce, unless it is agreed that the children belong to the man and the man alone, in which case the lady can be paid off and made to forfeit everything about the children to the man. That's the fair deal!

I agree with you on the prenuptial agreement tho

So a woman who takes care of the kids and the home is jobless? grin Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by coogar: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

Colchester is far - I've not really checked the place out.

Places like: Loughton, Debden, and Buckhurst Hill are close by - with top notch quality. grin

They're not really too far from where I live as well.

THe only way is Essex.

i will take a look around easter period then.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

So a woman who takes care of the kids and the home is jobless? grin Interesting.
ok , assuming she is employed to birth and take care of the man's children, during divorce, it can be ruled that the lady should be paid a certain amount of money per child MINUS every cent spent for her upkeep during the period, while the man takes total ownership of the child/children.
Hope you agree with that?
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
donpeey22:
ok , assuming she is employed to birth and take care of the man's children, during divorce, it can be ruled that the lady should be paid a certain amount of money per child MINUS every cent spent for her upkeep during the period, while the man takes total ownership of the child/children.
Hope you agree with that?

Since when is a mother her husband's employee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.