Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses - Family (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses (124561 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Woman

Don't interpret my words for me..picking my words out of context

A woman who stays at home to take care of the home front is making sacrifices for her family since she made the decision jointly with her partner

A woman who sees marriage as an office and is waiting for a payday in the event of a divorce is lazy

Try and see the big picture

Do you understand

Inasmuch I am also totally against using divorce as a means of get rich quick, you have failed to consider how difficult it would be for divorcees who were full-time wives to get back into the job market. If the law could step in, we would have less to worry about.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Woman

Don't interpret my words for me..picking my words out of context

A woman who stays at home to take care of the home front is making sacrifices for her family since she made the decision jointly with her partner

A woman who sees marriage as an office and is waiting for a payday in the event of a divorce is lazy

Try and see the big picture

Do you understand

I did not pick your words out of context, only helped you intepret them cheesy ( I should be making money seriously out of This)

You said a woman who has a brain & two legs should not sit @ home amongst others...

I do not support a woman not working but If a husband demands his wife stops work or he sends her parking, will I blame her If she stays

While condemning the marriage officers(they are quite a number in diverse manners), acknowledge there are some unfortunate ones

It makes the posts fresh to the eyes grin
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

Inasmuch I am also totally against using divorce as a means of get rich quick, you have failed to consider how difficult it would be for divorcees who were full-time wives to get back into the job market. If the law could step in, we will have less to worry about.

Thanks
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

Inasmuch I am also totally against using divorce as a means of get rich quick, you have failed to consider how difficult it would be for divorcees who were full-time wives to get back into the job market. If the law could step in, we will have less to worry about.

Finally a honest female
So is the solution a throwback to patriarchal days when men were overlords

Now women can work

No one should have to sacrifice their career to sit home doing nothing

If the man changes you lose everything
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

Witches mean only one thing,-- witches-- i'm not interested in the unnecessary semantics.

Why should I reveal what i plan to do online when there are a good number of witches waiting to haunt themselves.
I will do what i want and account to nobody especially online. When I need y'all input i will definitely let you all know.

I don't have fans nor do i post for likes.

If you are not interested to live your life according to What you post online, why bother?

Integrity is extremely important on and offline.

You don't have fans but you have people you post alike? grin

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Dragonking: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Fhemmmy:

OK, Sir . . . Glad you no vex and for the ladies around me, nice one too . . . Again, if you have a direct question to ask me go ahead, else, it was nice reading your mind too.

I will free you this time as I have no intentions of ridiculing you any further...However just know that when you try to be biased I will be right in front of you to put you back in track...

Nice doing business with you...ciao.

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Dragonking:

I will free you this time as I have no intentions of ridiculing you any further...However just know that when you try to be biased I will be right in front of you to put you back in track...

Nice doing business with you...ciao.

I would be glad if we could do it today . . . Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee, or we could have a date for tomorrow . . .As long as we dont call names and be rude to one another and just talk like adult, i am GAME, sir

3 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
bukatyne:

I did not pick your words out of context, only helped you intepret them cheesy ( I should be making money seriously out of This)

You said a woman who has a brain & two legs should not sit @ home amongst others...

I do not support a woman not working but If a husband demands his wife stops work or he sends her parking, will I blame her If she stays

While condemning the marriage officers(they are quite a number in diverse manners), acknowledge there are some unfortunate ones

It makes the posts fresh to the eyes grin

Once again it us not your job to interprete my posts

Make your points

You Also dont support women doing nothing yet go about interpreting posts...

I don't even know wat point u r making

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Dragonking: 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I would be glad if we could do it today . . . Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee, or we could have a date for tomorrow.

There is no need anymore...you refused to answer simple and direct questions that I asked you...No more business for you...have a gud night rest.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Once again it us not your job to interprete my posts

Make your points

You Also dont support women doing nothing yet go about interpreting posts...

I don't even know wat point u r making

I have made it mine (woman must wack)

I do not support women doing nothing HOWEVER I acknowledge some were strongarmed to stay at home and they deserve to spousal support

No blanket statements on How women are lazy

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Fhemmmy: 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Dragonking:

There is no need anymore...you refused to answer simple and direct questions that I asked you...No more business for you...have a gud night rest.

Chairman, i beg now, i love the part where you wanna ridicule Fhemmmy . . . Lol, you are sure a comedian.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
bukatyne:

I have made it mine (woman must wack)

I do not support women doing nothing HOWEVER I acknowledge some were strongarmed to stay at home and they deserve to spousal support

No blanket statements on How women are lazy

OK

I never disagreed with your second statement

Not all are strong armed

I never made any blanket statement
You said I did just like an explanation of rationale was interpreted by some as murder justification
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by bukatyne(f): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nonso23:

I'm not interested in living my life online nor in witches haunting me thread after thread.
My privacy is extremely important online and offline.

You too have people you post alike.

Only people who offend witches fear them cheesy

Nobody asked you to divulge any private info however post What your wife would be proud of reading in future.

I have people I post alike nevertheless I do not always agree with their posts and state my posts and move on.

I take my posts and words very seriously.

Will not say What I will not do, I always aim to be a woman of integrity on and offline.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Stillfire: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
@topic
The foundation of these stories are faulty. I don't expect any less from such a foundation. Both husband and wife go into these marriages with their own sadistic agendas, and problem starts when one of them begin to lose the upper hand. I only pity the children in such arrangements. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 12:10am On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

And this is what happens in the West for MAJORITY of couples. They share bills and they acquire properties together. You can't look at these laws from a purely Nigerian perspective.
which one is Nigerian perspective? Nigerian wives are hardworking and industrious Biko . Many break their backs to support their families from trading to professional jobs and what have you.

Thing is it is easy for a man to throw his wife out and enjoy all she contributed to with his new sissie who doesn't know the effort behind the accumulation of such assets. The wife will either have to take it or leave or if she has superior might,fight for her rights which in most cases she won't even get her accurate due.

The ranting by the males is because they are not used to a fair system which gives the wife her due share of the family belongings. They'd rather have it the way they are used.

If I came from Mars ,I'd think women don't work and support their families from the hyped 'everything the man worked for' being bandied around.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by oloyede252(m): 12:35am On Feb 06, 2015
nairaland...land of men vs women.all hail d great association of nigeria women online worriors.the great association of defender of men integrity. not to forget d association of nairaland witches and woman wrappers.nd not witout mentioning the great association of comment readers.thks for al the contribution u av made.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by SirShymexx: 12:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Moana:
fact remains the same wars are the ones that destroyed lives and probably created more divisions in the world more than ever before.

absolute rubbish there are still many divisions amongst European countries. There is still a lot of "tribalism" that goes on amongst the English, the Germans, the French, the Russians! All these caused by war and the urge to be the most powerful.

its understandable because you dont possess any qualities any matured woman would want in a keeper. Its best you stick to what you can handle anyway.

like i said you cannot give your opnion on what you have never had, you can only give expert opinion on the aimless bunch your surrender yourself with.

1). Well, everything in life has a gift and a curse - that's the duality of life and our existence. And wars are no different. Yes, lives have been lost - but a lot have also been gained. This civilisation (western) wouldn't be in existence today, without the military industrial complex - which started off with the use of gunpowder for guns, and later cannons. Also, the world is more united than we've ever been - and without all the past wars, lessons learned, and growth induced by taking responsibilities - human relations wouldn't be what it's today. Heck, we definitely need another war for a new world order - and to move to a new phase in our existence.

Men are in-charge and we're omnipotent! And why you can never compare men with women - maintain ya position as an appendage!

2). Err, are the divisions in Europe as elaborate as they were pre-world-war 1 and 2? - absolutely not. Is tribalism that visible in Europe today, like it was in the early 20th century? - hell no. Lessons learned from those wars, and the ability to take responsibility - is the reason why all the systems across Europe were changed to negate anything that might foster tribalism - hence most regions within countries in Europe are either autonomous or semi-autonomous. And countries relate to one another, based on territorial integrity and mutual respect.

Furthermore, that's why there can never be any major war in continental Europe in the foreseeable future. Maybe, in the Balkans and Euroasia sub-continent - and that has more to do with the tussle between America and Russia. The only thing you can allude to, is the rise in far-right groups due to immigration from other parts of the world, and problematic Muslims - albeit that has more to do with clash of civilisations, than anything else. And the worst that will ever happen are xenophobic attacks.

3). Stop spouting "matured woman" everywhere. For the umpteenth time: it's a freaking oxymoron lol. There's absolutely no difference between folks who're perpetual whingers; want everything to be just about them; can't learn to accept mistakes and take responsibilities; always need someone to pander to their non-existent egos; have a thought process induced by emotional impulses etc. - and kids. Birds of a feather lool. grin

Nah, apart from pu.ssy, which is readily available - most women have absolutely zilch to offer. Freaking opportunists always trying to reap where they didn't sow. tongue
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 06, 2015
because theres no divorce in christianity,its till death do them part,so they prefare the latter.
andromida:

But why did the men marry such women? and if the women are so evil why not divorce them?

Seeing as a woman can break a man he should do his due diligence to marry a woman who is good for him and become the kind of man who can command respect from his wife so that the children can learn how to respect themselves and others.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by soulglo: 2:55am On Feb 06, 2015
cococandy:
which one is Nigerian perspective? Nigerian wives are hardworking and industrious Biko . Many break their backs to support their families from trading to professional jobs and what have you.

Thing is it is easy for a man to throw his wife out and enjoy all she contributed to with his new sissie who doesn't know the effort behind the accumulation of such assets. The wife will either have to take it or leave or if she has superior might,fight for her rights which in most cases she won't even get her accurate due.

The ranting by the males is because they are not used to a fair system which gives the wife her due share of the family belongings. They'd rather have it the way they are used.

If I came from Mars ,I'd think women don't work and support their families from the hyped 'everything the man worked for' being bandied around.

At least one of those women was not NIgerian. There was a Senegalese woman who was even pregnant. The man wrapped his hands around his pregnant wife's neck and squeezed it until she was dead. Imagine. Maybe some of his "Nigeria" rubbed of on her and she started to act like a Nigerian woman and as such deserved to be killed.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 3:55am On Feb 06, 2015
soulglo:

At least one of those women was not NIgerian. There was a Senegalese woman who was even pregnant. The man wrapped his hands around his pregnant wife's neck and squeezed it until she was dead. Imagine. Maybe some of his "Nigeria" rubbed of on her and she started to act like a Nigerian woman and as such deserved to be killed.
a pregnant woman cry

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 06, 2015
cococandy:

You are right but let us not deceive ourselves, a great number of women demands money from men even when dating, then a bride price is paid and then many men are expected to pay the bills all by themselves. This is also part of the reality. There are those hard working women who contribute and even though they do, are guests in their own houses and there are those who consider it the man's responsibility to pay for all bills, before and after marriage.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:13am On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You are right but let us not deceive ourselves, a great number of women demands money from men even when dating, then a bride price is paid and then many men are expected to pay the bills all by themselves..This is also part of the reality. There are those hard working women who contribute and even though they do, are guests in their own houses and there are those who consider it the man's responsibility to pay for all bills, before and after marriage.

Thanks for ur honesty
I don't understand how gender bias can make people see white and call it black.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

Thanks for ur honesty
I don't understand how gender bias can make people see white and call it black.

You are welcome.

But I must say that you are often gender biased too.

4 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:21am On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You are welcome.

But I must say that you are often gender biased too.

You could say that..it may or maynot be true....
no need to argue
Its an opinion which you are entitled to
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

You could say that..it may or maynot be true....
no need to argue
Its an opinion which you are entitled to

Have a lovely day! smiley

1 Like

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ArewaSweetheart(f): 6:38am On Feb 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

So is the solution a throwback to patriarchal days when men were overlords

Unfortunately its not for you or i to decide what the solution should be. undecided
Thus, your wish/suggestion will not change the status quo already in place, neither can it bring back a comeback of the ancient patriachal lordship reign. cool
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by pickabeau1: 6:47am On Feb 06, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

Unfortunately its not for you or i to decide what the solution should be. undecided
Thus, your wish/suggestion will not change the status quo already in place, neither can it bring back a comeback of the ancient patriachal lordship reign. cool

Your post has no correlation to my point
Read.

Women using marriage as payday has roots in the notion that they were helpless or nothing outside the marriage institution

It Is not so anymore

You lot r empowered

Why are vu still marking time waiting for the loot of marriage

carefreewannabe:

Have a lovely day! smiley

U 2
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by ArewaSweetheart(f): 7:04am On Feb 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

Women using marriage as payday has roots in the notion that they were helpless or nothing outside the marriage institution
Why are vu still marking time waiting for the loot of marriage

Lol. Says who? cheesy

My point is why do you guys ignorantly make it seem like the ladies are to blame for the existence of these divorce laws that mosttimes favour them? I sincerely dont see how it is the woman's fault that the law favours her as against her spouse after a divorce.

In nigeria where the reverse is the case(that is to say the nigerian marriage act is kinda tilted to favour the man in most instances), you never hear women encourage the cold-blooded murder of abused/divorced wives or attempt to rationalize whatever heinous crime they commit against their spouse.

There4, the proper entity you guys need to channel your anger to shouldnt be the victimised/dead wives, but the authority that set up these laws.

2 Likes

Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by cococandy(f): 7:07am On Feb 06, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You are right but let us not deceive ourselves, a great number of women demands money from men even when dating, then a bride price is paid and then many men are expected to pay the bills all by themselves. This is also part of the reality. There are those hard working women who contribute and even though they do, are guests in their own houses and there are those who consider it the man's responsibility to pay for all bills, before and after marriage.
before marriage yes.
After marriage? Big no.only in a few cases.
All my twenty plus years in Nigeria I didn't see more than 10percent housewives compared to their counterparts who were employed.
Re: Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses by crackhaus: 7:09am On Feb 06, 2015
oloyede252:
nairaland...land of men vs women.all hail d great association of nigeria women online worriors.the great association of defender of men integrity. not to forget d association of nairaland witches and woman wrappers.nd not witout mentioning the great association of comment readers.thks for al the contribution u av made.
gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.