Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President (1884 Views)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet / General Buhari When He Was Oga To Abacha(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
Please, My dear supporters of Gen Buhari, as a Nigerian, I respect the fact that you are free independent beings that have the right to make any choice you want.

Having said this, i need you to understand that my question is borne out of genuine desire to know the reasons behind your stances.

Please, what were the achievements of Gen Buhari when he was head of state?

I believe that if he did it before, he can do it again.

But he if didn't do it before, i doubt if he will ever do it now.

Am just looking for proof to support the great amiable General.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by temitemi1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
None!! GEJ till 2019!!!

4 Likes

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
U go tey and become old there. Looking for his achievement is like looking for someone's urine in the ocean

5 Likes

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
Ozin and Temitemi..

Dont, I believe he might have some.. His followers have not seen the post or they are gathering them as they might be many. I will wait.

There is no way an educated person will follow someone without a progressive past and expect him to be progressive out of fantasy.

I wait.

1 Like

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by falconey(m): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
He wasn't a president he was HEAD OF STATE for 1year.8months. TANOID ba?
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
falconey:
He wasn't a president he was HEAD OF STATE for 1year.8months. TANOID ba?

Sorry, Not TANOID, A Nigerian.

The last i checked, the Head of State has much more powers than a President.

Ok, I agree with you.

What was his achievements as Head of State.

2 Likes

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by omazus: 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
The commentator above me who posted this "He wasn't a president he was HEAD OF STATE for 1year.8months. TANOID ba?" Can you, please, tell me the difference between six and half a dozen?

2 Likes

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by CHM11: 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
Truth is that 99percent of people supporting buhari are either 1 or all of the below.

1. Haters of Jonathan who feel Jonathan has failed and as such should be changed no matter who comes in, even if the person has been the cause of all our problems in this country for years.

2. Lovers of Buhari's team- these set of people don't like buhari at all but only believe in the people aligning with GMB, eg Fashola and all....they forget its more about the person and not the party, if Buhari was such a good man, he would have allowed someone better to pick the ticket.

3. Northerners- these set of people believe they are born to rule and as a result want their own in power.

4. Followers of regional crowd- mos notable yorubas who don't know Buhari, but because their region have aligned with the North, they too are just following!!!..

5. People who just don't have a reason, they are just angry, unemployed, hungry and pissed at this GEJ administration.

All in all, they all want someone else, anybody else other than Gej!....

2 Likes

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by espn(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:
Please, My dear supporters of Gen Buhari, as a Nigerian, I respect the fact that you are free independent beings that have the right to make any choice you want.

Having said this, i need you to understand that my question is borne out of genuine desire to know the reasons behind your stances.

ask GEJ cos am very sure it was 15 yrs before u were born wen he ruled.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
espn:
ask GEJ cos am very sure it was 15 yrs before u were born wen he ruled.

No need for name calling bro.. A simple listing from someone like you that was born 15 years before he ruled will do justice to the thread. Thnx

3 Likes

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by espn(m): 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

No need for name calling bro.. A simple listing from someone like you that was born 15 years before he ruled will do justice to the thread. Thnx
use Google. No disrespect pls.m am sure ur fingers r working and u can read and write. Thanks.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
espn:
use Google. I v other things to do.

I have tried google.. I saw none.. since you are busy.. Kindly allow those that know do it. thnx
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by espn(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

I have tried google.. I saw none.. since you are busy.. Kindly allow those that know do it. thnx
probably u don't know what u r doing. U can ask ur younger ones to help u out.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nyways.. I can conclude that he achieved nothing.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by chuka5000(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

If u don't hav any meaningful contribution here I think u shld focus on something else like reading or planning ur 2015. Monkey.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
chuka5000:

If u don't hav any meaningful contribution here I think u shld focus on something else like reading or planning ur 2015. Monkey.

What is it with you people and quick name calling?

Thats why most times i dont like posting anything on Nairaland..
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by nellyjohn: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2015
omazus:
The commentator above me who posted this "He wasn't a president he was HEAD OF STATE for 1year.8months. TANOID ba?" Can you, please, tell me the difference between six and half a dozen?
Head of state has higher hand than the president. And even if he ruled for 1yr and 8months, wht did he achieve? I can tell u what GEJ achieved under 1yr (that is may5 2010 - may29 2011) after Yar'Adua died
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by nellyjohn: 4:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

He has achieved nothing than the killing and jailing of past leaders including innocent ones. He has done absolutely nothing for the country
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by egift(m): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

- Buhari fought the massive corruption that was in government then like we have in Jonathan's today to a standstill.
- He reduced inflation.
- He did not go borrowing to pay salaries like Jonathan, despite austerity measures in place. Even refused IMF loans.
- And many others.

When he was in charge of NNPC, he played a very important role for the establishment of 3 of Nigeria's existing 4 refineries (although he was not the head of State then).

He led Nigerian soldiers to repel Cameroonian soldiers when they invaded Cross River State.
When Chadian army invaded parts of Northern Nigeria, Buhari personally led the soldiers that chased them back, right deep into their country.
When a Religious Sect (like our Boko of today) came up, Buhari personally led the fight that defeated them.

As head of PTDF, he performed so well that till date, it is the most successful Nigerian Government Agency of all Time. It was even dubbed "Alternative Government" as it was doing most of the things the government provides. Note that Jonathan's SURE-P was modeled after it.

The good part of Buhari's come-back include to:
1. Clean Up the way Government is run,
2. Terminate corruption,
3. Constitute a competent Economic Team to revamp and diversify our Economy to positively impact the common man,
4. Defeat Boko Haram and provide security. He will also review/restructure the Nigerian Security Apparatus and Law-Enforcement Agencies to function better.
5. Revive, Boost and Develop Health, Education, Housing, Agriculture, Technology and other sectors to work better. He has promised to get Civil Service back to its glory.
6. Others include Developing a comprehensive Social Security programme for every Nigerian, financial support for Nigerians with business ideas, Job creation, and many others.

Vote for Change. Sai Buhari.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by CaptainAmerica1: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

egift has said most of it. However you can go through this site for more www.buhari.ng The articles there are backed up with sources usually Internationally recognized newspapers stating his achievements.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
egift:

- Buhari fought the massive corruption that was in government then like we have in Jonathan's today to a standstill.
- He reduced inflation.
- He did not go borrowing to pay salaries like Jonathan, despite austerity measures in place. Even refused IMF loans.
- And many others.

When he was in charge of NNPC, he played a very important role for the establishment of 3 of Nigeria's existing 4 refineries (although he was not the head of State then).

He led Nigerian soldiers to repel Cameroonian soldiers when they invaded Cross River State.
When Chadian army invaded parts of Northern Nigeria, Buhari personally led the soldiers that chased them back, right deep into their country.
When a Religious Sect (like our Boko of today) came up, Buhari personally led the fight that defeated them.

As head of PTDF, he performed so well that till date, it is the most successful Nigerian Government Agency of all Time. It was even dubbed "Alternative Government" as it was doing most of the things the government provides. Note that Jonathan's SURE-P was modeled after it.

The good part of Buhari's come-back include to:
1. Clean Up the way Government is run,
2. Terminate corruption,
3. Constitute a competent Economic Team to revamp and diversify our Economy to positively impact the common man,
4. Defeat Boko Haram and provide security. He will also review/restructure the Nigerian Security Apparatus and Law-Enforcement Agencies to function better.
5. Revive, Boost and Develop Health, Education, Housing, Agriculture, Technology and other sectors to work better. He has promised to get Civil Service back to its glory.
6. Others include Developing a comprehensive Social Security programme for every Nigerian, financial support for Nigerians with business ideas, Job creation, and many others.

Vote for Change. Sai Buhari.

He fought which corruption? By jailing People without trial?

He built No refinery please, i wonder where you got that info from.

He didnt reduce any inflation.. if he did, i need proofs.

You are funny.. As Head of State, he lead soldiers? A military man will slap you for that insult.

You mean the PTDF that just the sum of their projects in a LGA in Niger State is more than all PTDF projects in the South East.. Stop calling him a tribalistic being if he is not.

Lastly, i never asked for any of those things you wish he can do.. He can come and tell us how he will do it through a national debate.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by CaptainAmerica1: 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
sapientia:

[s]He fought which corruption? By jailing People without trial?

He built No refinery please, i wonder where you got that info from[/s].

He didnt reduce any inflation.. if he did, i need proofs.

[s]You are funny.. As Head of State, he lead soldiers? A military man will slap you for that insult.

You mean the PTDF that just the sum of their projects in a LGA in Niger State is more than all PTDF projects in the South East.. Stop calling him a tribalistic being if he is not.

Lastly, i never asked for any of those things you wish he can do.. He can come and tell us how he will do it through a national debate.. thanks [/s]

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

egift has said most of it. However you can go through this site for more www.buhari.ng The articles there are backed up with sources usually Internationally recognized newspapers stating his achievements.

Cheers.

WOw.. I have been to the site and i have seen his lofty dreams.. that guy is a pure dictator..

Nyways.. One thing i found of specific interest is his 4 Feb 1984 speech.. i will type it here

"Am afraid we cannot afford any expenditure now to bring back the Federal Electoral Commotion (FEDECO), Start buying boxes, ballot papers, getting elections ans sending the police to supervise them, i dont think we can afford that"

ooh.. he had to intention of democracy cos he believed all politicians are corrupt.. now he wants to contest in an election which other people have organised. I wonder when Nigeria became soooo broke she cant sponsor an election is it that Buhari hated Democracy
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by falconey(m): 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
omazus:
mr slowpoke!!!!!!!!!! a dictator is different from a democratic president
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by Gbawe: 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
@egift.

Don't waste your time with this poster and others like him. This is the season of TANdroid desperadoes coming out to pretend they are "neutrals" still open to be swayed to vote Buhari while they are only looking for an audience for their mischief against Buhari they know they will not be able to achieve unless they use deceit to drag you into their silly and two-faced threads.

Only this morning this duplicitous OP stated what is written below about Buhari. By the afternoon he is here pretending he is "just looking for proof to support the great amiable General". Buhari is a "dictator" this morning according to the OP yet he is now an "amiable General" now. The sameperson asking Nigerians not the make the "mistake" of voting Buhari this morning now wants to know about Buhari's achieevements. The two-faced mischief of TANdroids and Jonathanians is disgusting. Highly dishonourable people and I am not surprised they are fighting really dirty but it is for the APC supporters to be smart, recognise these losers for what they are and avoid their desperate mischief.

https://www.nairaland.com/2125386/buhari-wants-nta-ait-sanctioned/3#30350095

sapientia:
Am not suprised.. Actually I have been expecting this.....

Nyways.. He did it before. Muzzling of the press? I bet he will also repeal the FOI Act. A dictator can never change.

Some of the greatest achievements of Boris Yeltsin which made Russians love him was 'press freedom and religious tolerance' and i guess we wont have it with GMB.

If Nigerians make this mistake.. I pity them.

1 Like

Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by egift(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
Gbawe:
@egift.

Don't waste your time with this poster and others like him. This is the season of TANdroid desperadoes coming out to pretend they are "neutrals" still open to be swayed to vote Buhari while they are only looking for an audience for their mischief against Buhari they know they will not be able to achieve unless they use deceit to drag you into their silly and two-faced threads.

Only this morning this duplicitous OP stated what is written below about Buhari. By the afternoon he is here pretending he is "just looking for proof to support the great amiable General". Buhari is a "dictator" this morning according to the OP yet he is now an "amiable General" now. The sameperson asking Nigerians not the make the "mistake" of voting Buhari this morning now wants to know about Buhari's achievements. The two-faced mischief of TANdroids and Jonathanians is disgusting. Highly dishonourable people and I am not surprised they are fighting really dirty but it is for the PAC supporters to be smart, recognise these losers for what they are and avoid their desperate mischief.

https://www.nairaland.com/2125386/buhari-wants-nta-ait-sanctioned/3#30350095

Noted. One thing with these TANiods is that they will like to spread their twisted defamation all over the place. They need to be kept in check before unsuspecting folks will fall victim to their acts of deception.
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
Re: Please,i Want To Know The Achievements Of General Buhari When He Was A President by sapientia(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2020
Hehehehehehe

(1) (Reply)

Apc, Will It Be Marchbuhari Or Aprilbuhari? / APC Vs PDP In Akwa Ibom State / A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.