Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,554 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:42 PM

what do u suggest? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / what do u suggest? (2115 Views)

Expensive Places Broke And Hungry Ladies Suggest For Date / What Do U Suggest: ? / How do u know If u/ur girl is really in love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

what do u suggest? by sexytov: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2008
I recently met a guy online, he lives in lagos likewise me too. We got talking and i asked of his age , he says he's 24 while i replied am 30 undecided(which i really am). We've talked a lot of times ,he sounds mature, intelligent, funny,warm and sweet sad , we recently met and he looks gorgeous and i like him alot, he reminds me of my school days in the university duriing those puppy love times with school guys smiley but he is so stuck on getting  married to me angry,  but i am 6years older than him!. Have been trying to talk a lot of sense into his head to forget it! Not in this part of the world, NIGERIIIIAAAAAAAAA. My family will go beserk and what about his own family? shocked,  I can't even imagine it.
  For God sake guys, what do you think? I feel he is having puppy love towrads me undecided and as years roll by , he will grow out of loving me like this undecided
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2008
A Nigerian man looking gorgeous? Boy, would I like to see that undecided

You're 30, hope you're not desperate sha smiley
Re: what do u suggest? by iice(f): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

laughing my frozen butt off grin grin chaii
Re: what do u suggest? by sexytov: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2008
yeah, he is gorgeous  kiss and nope am not desperate,will never be.
Re: what do u suggest? by tope2000(f): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2008
this story get as e be undecided
How many 30 something years old naija men wants to get married talkless of 24yrs old guy undecided
Are u sure u r not the one that wants to get married?
Re: what do u suggest? by Busybody2(f): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

lipsrsealed
Re: what do u suggest? by iice(f): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
Regardless of his age, does he act like a kid?  
Some people have old souls hence, they are usually more aware of what they want.
Re: what do u suggest? by Busybody2(f): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2008
@ OP

What does he do? As he graduated from Uni? Is he ready and able to support a family?
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

yeah, he is gorgeous kiss and nope am not desperate,will never be, i just don't want to end up with a kid, thats how he looks to me and everytime i say, he is a kid , he flares up angry but he is a kid,
Ok, why don't you want to "date" him?
Why do you think he's a kid? Does he act like one?
Re: what do u suggest? by Uche2nna(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

cheesy angry
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2008
Uche, you were MIA o. . . .but why the wrinkles? then prove us wrong
Re: what do u suggest? by Uche2nna(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

yeah, he is gorgeous  kiss and nope am not desperate,will never be,  i just don't want to end up with a kid, thats how he looks to me and everytime i say, he is a kid , he flares up  angry but he is a kid,

So what sort of counsel do U really expect to get form NL? To marry him or not to marry him?  undecided   Girl, U know the situation better than anybody else and U really have to make that decision urself.
Re: what do u suggest? by sexytov: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2008
this story get as e be
How many 30 something years old naija men wants to get married talkless of 24yrs old guy  
Are u sure u r not the one that wants to get married?

This story no get as e be, i wonder myself too and i asked him , are you alright? Most guys are shying away from marriage and you are talking of one? undecided.  I told him, he needs some years more to be sure of his decision and he complained , i will be married by then! But you just too young to settles down, for God sake angry

Regardless of his act, does he act like a kid?  
Some people have old souls hence, they are usually more aware of what they want.

Sad enough, he acts maturedly, we talk so well , am so at ease with him ,no mind games and he is so relaxed ,carefreee about his feelings unlike some of my age mates in guys or older guys that tend to hide their feelings ,  this one is somethingelse
Re: what do u suggest? by HRhotness(f): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2008
there r guy like that oh. . .  my friend, married her 23 yr old bf, she is 2 yrs older and has 2 kids now (she just turned 27). they were both still in sch, his father bought them a house and they were on an allowance.
Re: what do u suggest? by Uche2nna(m): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

Uche, you were MIA o

Yup,, school and stuff. U know how it goes.

*Toyinrayo:

but why the wrinkles? then prove us wrong
        lipsrsealed
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

This story no get as e be, i wonder myself too and i asked him , are you alright? Most guys are shying away from amrriage and you are talking of one? undecided. I told him, he needs some years more to be sure of his decision and he complained , i will be married by then! But you just too young to settles down, for God sake angry

Sad enough, he acts maturedly, we talk so well , am so at ease with him ,no mind games and he is so relaxed ,carefreee about his feelings unlike some of my age mates in guys or older guys that tend to hide their feelings , this one is somethingelse
Who does not want a successful woman?

Or you get meat on body for perfect specimen for his ritual?
Re: what do u suggest? by tope2000(f): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

This story no get as e be, i wonder myself too and i asked him , are you alright? Most guys are shying away from amrriage and you are talking of one? undecided.  I told him, he needs some years more to be sure of his decision and he complained , i will be married by then! But you just too young to settles down, for God sake angry

24 isnt young if he has accomplished what any man shud have accomplished b4 getting married undecided besides age anit nothing but a number undecided

Does he have a good job?
Does he have his own House?
He is financial Alright?
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2008
Uche2nna:

Yup,, school and stuff. U know how it goes.
Well, I wish you the best of luck

So, I guess " lipsrsealed " means no pics. No biggie. You're too hard to crack.
Re: what do u suggest? by savanaha: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2008
Post a picture so we can assess his gorgeousness then be able to further advice you as to the best future. I know your in Nigeria but Denzel's wife is also older than he is. When old ass Nigerian men want to date younger women they harp the age aint nothing but a number thing. Why can't it be reversed?
Re: what do u suggest? by sexytov: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2008
He has an average job
No house of his own yet but stays in a comfortable 2bedroom flat,nice layout,nice taste in interior decorations.
He graduated from technical school
Speaks well
Dress averagely well
But damn too young facially for me, we are 6years apart for crying out loudddddddd
Re: what do u suggest? by sexytov: 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2008
Cant post his pics for you girls to ogle at his looks , no way cool, he might be a nairalander undecided
Re: what do u suggest? by tope2000(f): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

He has an average job
No house of his own yet but stays in a comfortable 2bedroom flat,nice layout,nice taste in interior decorations.
Speaks well
Dress averagely well
But damn too young facially for me, we are 6years apart for crying out loudddddddd

Just six yrs n u r shouting cheesy
What if he had lied abt his age? told u he was like 29 or 30 too
U wont be here, wud u?

Leave the face abeg some men have baby face na even though they not young
Re: what do u suggest? by savanaha: 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

can't post his pics for you girls to ogle at his looks , no way cool, he might be a nairalander undecided
C'mon, it's not like you said something bad about him. As a matter of fact posting his picture will make NL respect him. You said he is mature and handsome. Well it'll be good to see what you are working with.
Re: what do u suggest? by iice(f): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
You are opposed to the age difference, it seems
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
why were u harrassing a poor boy if you knew you werent going to be serious about it?

Put the shoe on the other foot. Silly girl. Hearing this story u'd think the boy is the one who is 30.
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
sexytov:

can't post his pics for you girls to ogle at his looks , no way cool, he might be a nairalander undecided
Plz post ammmmmm cheesy grin cheesy
Nairalander? Ok, he urgly undecided

sexytov:

He has an average job
Speaks well
Dress averagely well
Seems to me that the age is what's bothering you.
Because you avoided my question when I asked you if he acted "immature". . . .

Personally, I wouldn't date a man younger than me, or even around my age bracket lipsrsealed, so it's best I don't advice you because I WILLsay NO!!
Re: what do u suggest? by Busybody2(f): 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
HR.hotness:

there r guy like that oh. . .  my friend, married her 23 yr old boyfriend, she is 2 years older and has 2 kids now (she just turned 27). they were both still in sch, his father bought them a house and they were on an allowance.

Thats a little bit different, they are both still in the same age bracket wink I think the OP should drag the relationship for a year or two before making any serious commitment with him undecided Sexytoy hold him tight though, he seems like a goooood catch grin
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

Personally, I wouldn't date a man younger than me, or even around my age bracket lipsrsealed, so it's best I don't advice you because I WILLsay NO!!

now that's what i'm talking about. good girl
Re: what do u suggest? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2008
iice:

You are opposed to the age difference, it seems
are you Pisces? You have to be, you're reading my mind grin grin grin
Re: what do u suggest? by Uche2nna(m): 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2008
savanaha:

Post a picture so we can assess his gorgeousness then be able to further advice you as to the best future. I know your in Nigeria but Denzel's wife is also older than he is. When old ass Nigerian men want to date younger women they harp the age aint nothing but a number thing. Why can't it be reversed?

So ur advise would depend on how gorgeous he is?  undecided  Ur advise is already skewed if that is the cas.

@ poster

It is either U want to marry this dude or not. This is not a multiple choice situation.
If U want to marry this guy, go ahead . Of course there would be some hurdles to jump and evade from both family and society. But hey, it is ur life and U live it how u wanna. Damn the consequences. It does not matter if U marry a 24 yr old or a 60  yr old man , as long as it is marriage there would be hurdle to jump.

It would also be nice to try and push to meet his family. That way U can guage what kind of challenges U would likely be encountering. And that would also allow the dude to see first hand what kind of civil unrest he would be setting off.

If after all that , he is still resolute to tie the knot, then girl count urself lucky and remenber to send me an invite  grin
Re: what do u suggest? by Tatase(f): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2008
In an ideal world,

iice:

Regardless of his age, does he act like a kid?  

this is true. And then love would have no age issues and you'd get married and have lots of babies in spite of the age diff.

In real life,
1.) First of all, it's very unlikely that this thing will end up in marriage. Most of these online relationship what-nots does not carry over that well to real life especially when there is marriage talk online, so I really don't think you should be that worried, and
2.)  Secondly, in the unlikely event that the online relationship somehow becomes serious enough as to make marriage the next step, you have already mentioned the unfortunate reactions that are likely to occur from family members. Moreover, YOU seem to have a BIG problem with the idea:
You've focused a lot on how he makes you feel young or remember your younger years. Maybe you're having a late quarter-life crisis (30 is afterall a milestone year) and that may be the reason you're toying with the idea that this could be "that" serious.

Personally, from what you've said. I think you're worrying prematurely about the whole thing. If you can't see yourself marrying someone that much younger, then let him know and let him decide if he just wants to carry on whatever it is you have right now (friendship, fun or whatever it is) or else break it off before someone gets hurt. I think unless he's already settled in life (i.e. w/career etc, he's not likely to be that serious or at the very least should not yet be taken that seriously).
Re: what do u suggest? by tope2000(f): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2008
I think the OP main worry is the 'meeting the parent part' cheesy
Lets face i don't think i would be happy either if my son brings home someone that is 6yrs old than him home as wife undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend / Does 'love' Really Exist? If Yes, What Is Love? / Your Work Or Girlfriend Which Do You Prefer To Lose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.