Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man (36716 Views)

Taxi Man Welcomes 'chinese' Baby With Wife Who Works In A Chinese Company (Pic) / My Encounter With An Edo Witch / See How A Taxi Man Is Been Beaten Up By Police Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
pacesetter939:

Have you gone naughts? What makes you think everyone of the Eastern extraction is a thief by default?
We still have very honest people, even amidst the Igbos. Take note of this.

Of course i know that... Am also from anambra as well
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Qmab: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
You are lucky OP. And the taxi driver is already blessed.
I just wish similar occurrence could have happened to me when i lost my one month old Nokia x to a taxi driver. What pained me most was that the man, after asking me to come to a particular location to come collect the phone, insisted i gave him the phone code. I told him it's impossible for me to do that, that he should just come out and give me the phone. I even offered to give him 5000 naira, but the man insisted on the lock code. Na so i vex shepe for am o.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by jbmd: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
There is hope for nigeria afterall.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
How nice. smiley

Respect, Sir! May God bless Him and His Family.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by FADEO: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
Ops please i like to encourage people like this. pm me his contact make i relate with the man.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by blacq2009(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
sleektalker:
Two days ago, in Port Harcourt, I took a taxi from Garrison to Abuloma, On getting to my destination at Okilo Road, I was theblast person to come down from the vehicle of 5passengers. Unknown to me, my wallet was Misplaced.

For emphasis, the content of the wallet are as follows:
New Drivers Liescence
3bank ATM cards
N10,000
My PVC
And copies of my passport.

I was saying to myself after it was discovered missing, that "this is Nigeria I can never find it. I even tried going to the park at which I boarded. But no success was recodered. I regret not deriving that day.

This evening, I got a call from the bank, that a lady brought my atm to the bank, and requested the bank (fidelity) should contact me, for misplaced items. I was marveled.
And so the bank gave me the numbers of the driver and his lovely wife.
Joy entered my spirit.

Note: this man and his wife live in a Bacha. I took a pic of this man to make u Nairalanders bless his generation. His name is Elisha Ukpong.
He was even so delighted I split the money in 2.
MODS I beg you front page so anigerians van learn to be good.

If I found it,I would have prayed and fasted for you. Couldn't have returned it: not in this difficult times. But thanks to the guy, anyway.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Shaakasi(f): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
sauceny:

Calm down na...Is just that the name sounds awkward pronouncing it.

Or is it your pet name tongue

Nope its coined from 2names
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by lovat(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Once again, if I had tried parking my car like that in Aba,admist my igbo brothers - they would have attempted breaking into that car.

Igbos are always quick to scream tribalism.
Who even told you guys people are out there to castigate y'all? ?

That's all undecided
I can only deduce your emphasis for *parking your car* its not about tribalism but its about screaming tribalism rather its about taking your time to ask if there are criminals in other tribes. Take time to meditate on what you typed

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by bayulll01(m): 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

And if you lose money as much as that and if faith would be so kind for that money to be a bank loan, may you never find it.

Do as you would expect others to do unto you. In the long run it pays.
missy why the curse did I knack ur punnnny,don't curse me ooo,cos it might come back and bite you ooo
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Beennkumar(m): 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
An Ukpong! cheesy
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
lovat:
I can only deduce your emphasis for *parking your car* its not about tribalism but its about screaming tribalism rather its about taking your time to ask if there are criminals in other tribes. Take time to meditate on what you typed

Aii.
I guess that's all, Sir.
Nice meeting you. smiley

lovat:
that your brother should be among your criminal *igbo brothers*
Lol.
The truth is, if you wanna carry my matter for head. You might have high-bp.

sauceny:

Am also from anambra,so is not like am insulting my brothers/sisters...But just tryna be plain has made some persons flare up & not wanting to accept the truth.
hahaha.
I always watch them from the sidelines scream foul @ the slightest thing.
Funny sets.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

you're very right!
AKS people don't have time to steal.
I served in Uyo, there was this time they were working the roads in my Estate.

I had to park so far from home, then trek to my house. The first time, I was so scared, as I was approaching the car in the morning- I was expecting to see broken glass...lol

My neighbour told me, "AKS people don't steal -they are happy...Akwaibom ayaya"....hahahahaha

If say na my igbo brothers, them for done move all the cars wey align for that street.

Am also from anambra,so is not like am insulting my brothers/sisters...But just tryna be plain has made some persons flare up & not wanting to accept the truth.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by lovat(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
I don't have time to bash any set. I also stayed with the yorubas for good 18yrs, so I can easily point out the "misconceptions" we have 'bout them.
I have never been a tribal bigot - never will.
'stated the hard truth...unfortunately it's bitter.
I am not generalizing in anyway though.

i would have replied you elaborately, just that this ain't a topic.
So, keep shaking your head.

yeayea.
I have just one brother and he definitely ain't you. wink

that your brother should be among your criminal *igbo brothers*

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
bayulll01:
missy why the curse did I knack ur punnnny,don't curse me ooo,cos it might come back and bite you ooo

I am not cursing you. I was only stating the obvious

Why should you be scared if it is something you would also do if you find yourself in that position. You should be ready to take and accept what you can dish out, boo kiss

With that expectation, life will be so much easy
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by lovat(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Aii.
I guess that's all, Sir.
Nice meeting you. smiley

Lol.

hahaha.
Funny sets.
stop acting like queen bee on NL, you need to think twice before spewing rubbish,

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by An2elect2(f): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nwogbe:
Is he a jehovah's witness

grin see question o
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by bayulll01(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

I am not cursing you. I was only stating the obvious

Why should you be scared if it is something you would also do if you find yourself in that position. You should be ready to take and accept what you can dish out, boo kiss

With that expectation, life will be so much easy
ok I hear,most of you saying u will return the money are just spewing thrash cos I know u guys
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Waspy(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
Little acts like this brings joy to my heart....that after all there are still some good hearts out there. May God bless him

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Decryptor(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
The OP's grammer tho undecided
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Decryptor(m): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
Aitee1:

You can say that again wink

because one ukpong brought back 10k to the owner?
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
bayulll01:
ok I hear,most of you saying u will return the money are just spewing thrash cos I know u guys
That is a truism but you also forget the fact that subconscious thoughts matter a lot.

You do things because it is morally right and you wouldn't want to be in that unfortunate situation not because most people would have acted otherwise.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Cooluche: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
Wow, may the Lord bless him and his generation and may his seed never beg for bread, ever again.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by uzolexis(f): 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
I don't have time to bash any set. I also stayed with the yorubas for good 18yrs, so I can easily point out the "misconceptions" we have 'bout them.
I have never been a tribal bigot - never will.
'stated the hard truth...unfortunately it's bitter.
I am not generalizing in anyway though.

i would have replied you elaborately, just that this ain't a topic.
So, keep shaking your head.

yeayea.
I have just one brother and he definitely ain't you. wink

it's just sad when someone is wrong and pple try to correct the person but he/she insist on being wrong,u say ur not a tribal bigot but ur comment is just the opposite.....sad indeed cry cry

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by slap1(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
May God bless and promote you, Mr. Ukpong.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by bayulll01(m): 10:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

That is a truism but you also forget the fact that subconscious thoughts matter a lot.

You do things because it is morally right and you wouldn't want to be in that unfortunate situation not because most people would have acted otherwise.

so technically you are judging me abi,u don't even know me,but I might shock u,or what I will do might shock u,I may return the cash depend on the moods I find myself,anyway u make ur point shaa
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by obidiegwujane10(f): 10:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
at least there are still good people in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
uzolexis:

it's just sad when someone is wrong and pple try to correct the person but he/she insist on being wrong,u say ur not a tribal bigot but ur comment is just the opposite.....sad indeed cry cry
Aii smiley
lovat:
stop acting like queen bee on NL, you need to think twice before spewing rubbish,
Okay smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by An2elect2(f): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Aii.
I guess that's all, Sir.
Nice meeting you. smiley

Lol.

hahaha.
Funny sets.

Tribal bigot.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by sule5727: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
sleektalker:
Two days ago, in Port Harcourt, I took a taxi from Garrison to Abuloma, On getting to my destination at Okilo Road, I was theblast person to come down from the vehicle of 5passengers. Unknown to me, my wallet was Misplaced.

For emphasis, the content of the wallet are as follows:
New Drivers Liescence
3bank ATM cards
N10,000
My PVC
And copies of my passport.

I was saying to myself after it was discovered missing, that "this is Nigeria I can never find it. I even tried going to the park at which I boarded. But no success was recodered. I regret not deriving that day.

This evening, I got a call from the bank, that a lady brought my atm to the bank, and requested the bank (fidelity) should contact me, for misplaced items. I was marveled.
And so the bank gave me the numbers of the driver and his lovely wife.
Joy entered my spirit.

Note: this man and his wife live in a Bacha. I took a pic of this man to make u Nairalanders bless his generation. His name is Elisha Ukpong.
He was even so delighted I split the money in 2.
MODS I beg you front page so anigerians van learn to be good.
God bless u sir.....

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Gynacologist(m): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
jamace:
I will return it sharp sharp. I am content with myself. It is not in my character to use another man's misfortune as my own stepping stone to success.
gud fo u...
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Shaakasi(f): 11:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
Decryptor:
The OP's grammer tho undecided

grammar sir not grammer
angry angry angry undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Python Found In My Compound Last Night At 2am / Woman Spotted Backing Chicken Instead Of Baby In Public (photo) / Car With Learner Sign Crushes Six Children To Death In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.