Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections (2577 Views)

I May Be Arrested Soon – Dino Melaye Cries Out / I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Naijasinglegirl: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2015
1. It took me a whole day to register for a voters card and another three days to get a PVC which I eventually collected yesterday, both in a disorganised queue where the electoral officers hastily attended to people who bribed them with as little as N500. Others like me were told to follow due process. Due process that took them 3 days before they got to my turn.
How would I be encouraged to vote if the process is that tedious and corrupt?

2. Last time I checked, the policies that affect me and other youths aren’t discussed to nearly the same extent in the media, nor are they reflected in politicians’ priorities. Okay, I lied.
I’m actually looking for a job in a public primary school so I can eat one FREE meal per day.

3. Will my vote count? I was once posted to a rural community to stand in as a presiding officer during a certain INEC elections. Majority of people that came out to vote were illiterates bearing the same surname.

PS: Most poor couples in these communities have nothing to do for a living so they just spend all their time at home having s*x. The only thing they have in their house is a bed and pot. As expected, this is the reason why unemployed people keep dropping children every new moon.
If you have no source of income, you should consider a proper family planning method or you would continue selling your vote, your wife, your children and that of your children’ children for a half bag of rice.

4. In the early 90’s, my school assembly march usually ended with,

‘Parents, listen to your children
We are the leaders of tomorrow
Try and pay our school fees
And give us sound education’

In the past couple of years, I have been job hunting, generator is still our major source of power, standby PHCN is its alternative, I spent 6 years in the university for a 4-year course, a cup of garri is now N45, Nutri C has been reduced from 18g to 13g, titus sardine now has two fishes . . .etc
Which political candidate do I believe?

5. February 14th is Valentine’s day. I may be single but I intend to treat it as such.

6. I don’t believe all these promises by our politicians. However, I am inclined to consider this tempting offer a chance.
That is, if I leave my bed on the 14th.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Naijasinglegirl: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by eleko1: 9:40am On Feb 06, 2015
grin grin cheesy abeg,Vote 4 BUHARI.Na him sure pass wink

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2015
well what can I say,it's your right,you can choose to exercise it or not...but incase you choose to exercise it,vote for buhari you hear,I'm sure you've not heard,but he promises to provide jobs,that must concern you,abi...
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Pheals(f): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2015
This is political "aparty" <nigerian's as nt been counting vote since 20AD >have u heard "vote count" al wil hear is "VOTE RIGG"
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Funjosh(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2015
So na PDP you follow go lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Naijasinglegirl: 10:11am On Feb 06, 2015
jemimaa01:
well what can I say,it's your right,you can choose to exercise it or not...but incase you choose to exercise it,vote for buhari you hear,I'm sure you've not heard,but he promises to provide jobs,that must concern you,abi...
but my mother was looking for a job when Buhari was president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by sammieguze(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2015
Lolzzzzzzz....

Me too considering romancing my bed cum Feb14

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Zuria(f): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2015
Your vote is your voice as it will surely count.

Don't get bullied into supporting any candidate...vote for your choice grin grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Horlawoomey(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2015
Vote for GMB, I am very sure that before the end of this year that 'single' in your name will varnish.

You and your potential husband will have something doing in a very good atmosphere, don't mind those claiming the man is old, he is probably not older than the Queen of England.
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Kusibe77(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2015
You still need to vote for the person whom you think will make things prosper.
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by VolvoS60(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
1. It took me a whole day to register for a voters card and another three days to get a PVC which I eventually collected yesterday, both in a disorganised queue where the electoral officers hastily attended to people who bribed them with as little as N500. Others like me were told to follow due process. Due process that took them 3 days before they got to my turn.
How would I be encouraged to vote if the process is that tedious and corrupt?

^^^
This is the third report I have received alleging extortion of voters by INEC officials. The first report alleged that voters in a ward (Lekki Area) in Eti-Osa local government of Lagos were also being strong armed by INEC officials before the release of their PVCs. As I write this, my wife is going through the same thing. angry
Could you give details of your area so that if we intend to file a report with the state REC we will have some details to back up the report? Thanks.

P.S. I am surprised the free market champions among us have not showed up to say the solution to this is privatizing INEC or removing the 'subsidy' on INEC's services. Can anyone explain how a free citizen's right to collect his voters card has turned into an extortion racket by staff of the electoral commission?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by pwerrymansion(f): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2015
It beats me that Nigerians have been possessed by spirit of mediocrity. Why would I waste my time and energy for 2 inept and incompetent fellows struggling to loot/reloot from the masses again? This is the case of the dumb and dumber! So come 14th February, its just me,my hubby,kids,rice,chicken and other orishirishi! tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by bettercreature(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2015
Op,are you talking about election? or family plaining or rural and urban development ?
I bet you will fail woefull if you write any exam like this
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by bettercreature(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2015
pwerrymansion:
It beats me that Nigerians have been possessed by spirit of mediocrity. Why would I waste my time and energy for 2 inept and incompetent fellows struggling to loot/reloot from the masses again? This is the case of the dumb and dumber! So come 14th February, its just me,my hubby,kids,rice,chicken and other orishirishi! tongue cheesy
Black lady mentality,she prefer kitchen to any other thing,what if all the ladies in this country are just like you,it would have been very easy to rig election
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by jejemanito: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2015
bettercreature:
Op,are you talking about election? or family plaining or rural and urban development ?
I bet you will fail woefull if you write any exam like this
and i bet you will fail if you spell like that undecided

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Naijasinglegirl: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2015
Horlawoomey:
Vote for GMB, I am very sure that before the end of this year that 'single' in your name will varnish.

You and your potential husband will have something doing in a very good atmosphere, don't mind those claiming the man is old, he is probably not older than the Queen of England.
single is not a curse

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Naijasinglegirl: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2015
pwerrymansion:
Chicken? Please send me your address

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by buskie13(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
that free WiFi is so tempting....it has gotten to a point at which everyone has to deal on almost everything online.... if Jimi can fulfill this promise....i don't mind relocating to Lagos state....it's a welcomed development cool
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Horlawoomey(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
single is not a curse

Abegi you are not white, you are African, being single calls for no respect.

Abi until everybody start calling you Aunty at 48. Meself wan eat your wedding jollof rice o.
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Naijasinglegirl: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
Horlawoomey:

Abegi you are not white, you are African, being single calls for no respect.

Abi until everybody start calling you Aunty at 48. Meself wan eat your wedding jollof rice o.
You are African? Yet you wanna sound foreign so bad with the way you spelt your name? Wait,who the hell are you to dictate my priorities? DPMO!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Horlawoomey(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
You are African? Yet you wanna sound foreign so bad with the way you spelt your name? Wait,who the hell are you to dictate my priorities? DPMO!

Sorry single girl, what is DPMO ?
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
Gej Till 2019
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by MrPresident1: 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
Interesting
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by esere826: 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
grin
abeg no kill me with laugh

He is now a changed man and will create jobs for your mum plus others
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by corisande: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
lol grin
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by chamboy(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
am sorry to disappoint u. Ur mum lack d basic requirements then that y she was jobless
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by pwerrymansion(f): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
Chicken? Please send me your address
lol sweery,I'll email yours kiss
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by pwerrymansion(f): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
bettercreature:
Black lady mentality,she prefer kitchen to any other thing,what if all the ladies in this country are just like you,it would have been very easy to rig election
and even with men like you, u are not able to make a change in your so called country'Blackman'!
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by doublezero7(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
bettercreature:

Some people will just open their mouth and talk trash! Whatever she wants to do with her time is solely her business! Shut the Bleep up and mind your business blackman!
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by VolvoS60(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2015
pwerrymansion:

^^^
There are other presidential candidates apart from the two main contenders. Surely, out of 10 candidates at least 1 should meet your requirements.

If you sit on the fence, you lose the right to complain if things get worse. Do your research and cast your vote for a candidate who meets your requirements. Elections come round once in 4 years. Surely, you can make this sacrifice? There'll still be rice and chicken after the election. tongue And I'm sure your spouse and children will be there to enjoy the feast with you whenever you decide to tuck in. . .

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by doublezero7(m): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^
There are other presidential candidates apart from the two main contenders. Surely, out of 10 candidates at least 1 should meet your requirements.

If you sit on the fence, you lose the right to complain if things get worse. Do your research and cast your vote for a candidate who meets your requirements. Elections come round once in 4 years. Surely, you can make this sacrifice? There'll still be rice and chicken after the election. tongue And I'm sure your spouse and children will be there to enjoy the feast with you whenever you decide to tuck in. . .

I wish every other bad-tongued poster can comment to people's post like this! Nice one bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Result From Senator Musiliu Obanikoro's Polling Unit / Fashola Inspects Lagos State Printing Corporation Constr. PICS / Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.