Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos (2587 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi / 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by techskulz(m): 5:06am On Nov 23, 2015

South East Governors Forum, SEGF, summoned Igbo leaders yesterday to discuss the security implications of the agitations by members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in Enugu state.
The leaders agreed to set up a delegation of Igbo elders to meet President Muhammadu Buhari on the marginalisation of Igbos in the country.

They also agreed to talk with members of the MASSOB and IPOB groups in order to discourage them from having any more protests.

However, the two factions of Ohanaeze were not invited to the meeting because the governors reasoned that inviting any of them would mean legitimising such faction.

A four-point communique read by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, at the end of the meeting on behalf of his colleagues read:
“We agreed that south-east governors should set up a committee to immediately address the impasse on Ohanaeze leadership. After a compassionate review of the recent MASSOB/IPOB agitations in the country, it was resolved that a committee be set up to dialogue with MASSOB,IPOB as well as the Federal Government with a view to finding a lasting solution to the issue.
“The elders also examined other issues including poor state of infrastructural facilities in the south-east, marginalization in federal appointments and other socio-economic issues that impact on the economic development of the south-east and resolved to support the decision of south-east governors to set up an economic council and urged them to interface with the Federal Government on remedial measures. A delegation of elders of the south-east was mandated to meet with the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Governor Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwanyi of Enugu State, said the meeting was a follow up to the earlier meeting of the South- East governors on November 17.
He said:
The meeting is a follow up to the meeting of the SEGF that we held last Tuesday, November 17, 2015, in this venue during which we reached the following resolutions on some issues affecting us as a zone; To appoint a high level Economic Advisory Committee to harness the economic potentials of the people of the South East working together. The governors are concerned about the poor state of the Federal Government roads in the zone namely the Enugu – Onitsha, Aba- Ikot Ekpene , Owerri – Port Harcourt, Enugu – Port Harcourt, among others which need urgent intervention by the Federal Government.
“On security, the issue of MASSOB/ IPOB, was discussed and they resolved to consult widely with Ohanaeze (Ndigbo), traditional rulers, development unions, clergy, and other stakeholders on how to ensure lasting peace in the zone. In furtherance to this, the South East Governors scheduled an emergency meeting of stakeholders on Sunday, November 22, 2015, (yesterday) at Enugu.

“Attendance to the emergency meeting includes all National Assembly members, all honourable ministers and other invited stakeholders from the zone. The governors advised MASSOB/IPOB to continue to toe the line of peace as this is the only way to ensure economic development of the zone. We are therefore, here to discuss matters arising from these resolutions and other issues that are of interest to the zone. We ask God to guide and direct our thoughts as we go through this function and I wish us all, happy and fruitful deliberations.

http://africwap.com/2015/11/23/igbo-leaders-plan-to-meet-pres-buhari-on-the-marginalization-of-igbos/
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by olumide81(m): 5:17am On Nov 23, 2015
Medicine after death!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by ChimaAdeoye: 5:17am On Nov 23, 2015
[size=18pt]

Meet Buhari to stop his marginalization of Igbos??
[/size]

13 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by vickoozy(m): 5:33am On Nov 23, 2015
k
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 23, 2015
My people are useless, please how many times is it now, am sure it up to 10 times now, Director come and led us abeg, this people are sellouts

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by momentum85(m): 5:38am On Nov 23, 2015
Its a way forward.
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by momentum85(m): 5:40am On Nov 23, 2015
Its a way forward. Dialogue is a better way to resolve issues. Hope he listens and act fast.
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 23, 2015
Tell em we are out. FG doesn't trust us neither do we trust em. Who is gonna wait? We are 5% in Nigeria and 100% United State of Biafra. Where do ya think our bread is buttered, Nigeria or Biafra?

They aren't meeting him for true federalism or restructuring that would have relaxed us. We can't but lol on ya Governors. The difference between 5% and 100% is 95% which is a big gap. With true federalism, we will be equal with our country men.

We the Biafrans hereby term the meeting hocus-pocus.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by bewla(m): 5:53am On Nov 23, 2015
u ea
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Ratebuster(m): 5:54am On Nov 23, 2015
Rochas okorocha does not have our interest at heart he is after his Presidential pursuit everyone knows that,so he cannot speak for us neither will the career leaders /elders masquerading as ohanneze.If FG wants dialogue it must be with ipob which is the contending party.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 5:59am On Nov 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Danfuster(m): 6:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Biaffra itself is a scam. South south and South East are one of the regions with highest federal allocation, tell me what your leaders have done with that. Igbos!!! Do not allow yourself be used.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by PassingShot(m): 6:15am On Nov 23, 2015
If I had the power, I will "jejely" carve out Biafra from Nigeria and allow them go in peace.

I am sick and tired of their victim mentality even though they're not the most marginalized people in Nigeria. Is there any region that has not shouted of marginalization at one time or the other in the country's history? Did any of them ever clamor for secession?

The NC has been marginalized from time immemorial. The SS (untill GEJ) was marginalized. Under GEJ, the Yorubas cried of being marginalized. It was under the same GEJ that the Igbos were in charge of the nation's economy. Then, they couldn't have talked of marginalization but now that they've realized they may not get the presidency without aligning with the Hausas and Yorubas they hate so much, suddenly they cry of being marginalized? If we may ask, how is the Igbo tribe being marginalized under PMB?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by simplycarro: 6:19am On Nov 23, 2015
Igbos use the word MARGINALIZATION loosely and when it suit their narrative. But in the true sense of the word, nobody is marginalizing Igbos
Because they hate the President so much, they also assumes that he hates them so much, but the truth is that so far the President has been fair in all his doings.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by bros12345: 6:31am On Nov 23, 2015
First time these pot bellies are making sense. I am a full bloodied Igbo man, from Isiokpo, Ideator North. I wholeheartedly believe that dialogue is the way forward. We should now discuss issues that we want dialogued which will include:

1. Upgrading of all SE airports into INTL standard.

2. Construction of all SE federal roads.

3. SEA port in Onitsha

4. Release our son and brother Nnamdi Kanu

5. etc.

All of the above and more are non negotiable.

But because this stakeholders stuff is led by Rochas, I just dont trust him.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:
If I had the power, I will "jejely" carve out Biafra from Nigeria and allow them go in peace.

I am sick and tired of their victim mentality even though they're not the most marginalized people in Nigeria. Is there any region that has not shouted of marginalization at one time or the other in the country's history? Did any of them ever clamor for secession?

The NC has been marginalized from time immemorial. The SS (untill GEJ) was marginalized. Under GEJ, the Yorubas cried of being marginalized. It was under the same GEJ that the Igbos were in charge of the nation's economy. Then, they couldn't have talked of marginalization but now that they've realized they may not get the presidency without aligning with the Hausas and Yorubas they hate so much, suddenly they cry of being marginalized? If we may ask, how is the Igbo tribe being marginalized under PMB?
why did the fg stop second Niger bridge.

Why has the fg deliberately ignored federal roads, even GEJ gave out monies to get them fixed.

Why has the fg sit on contracts like sea port in onitsha that GEJ had started their negotiations

GEJ distributed fertilizers for the first time for agriculture, why has this admin stop the distribution?

Why can't igbos have radio Biafra when the north has bbc Hausa?

Why would the Yorubas call on all igbos to leave Lagos, their oba wish upon them mass genocide and arewa youth do same in the north but when igbos demand their own country, it's termed treason?

Fg made $200b from the se non oil sector but have refused to spend some of the money on the se?

The Biafran call started a long time ago, but GEJ followed it up with wisdom...so did yaradua who started dredging of the river Niger after the Biafran demand

Answer me these first before we can talk.
Igbos aren't demanding special treatment, only to be treated fair

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by johnmartus(m): 6:49am On Nov 23, 2015
MARGINALIZATION EVERYTIME? THIEF

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by EternalTruths: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2015
liberty300:
why did the fg stop second Niger bridge.

Why has the fg deliberately ignored federal roads, even GEJ gave out monies to get them fixed.

Why has the fg sit on contracts like sea port in onitsha that GEJ had started their negotiations

GEJ distributed fertilizers for the first time for agriculture, why has this admin stop the distribution?

Why would the Yorubas call on all igbos to leave Lagos, their oba wish upon them mass genocide and arewa youth do same in the north but when igbos demand their own country, it's termed treason?

Fg made $200b from the se non oil sector but have refused to spend some of the money on the se?

The Biafran call started a long time ago, but GEJ followed it up with wisdom...so did yaradua who started dredging of the river Niger after the Biafran demand

God bless you

I just gave the two illiterates below a biblical truth cool

PassingShot:
simplycarro:
Igbos use the word MARGINALIZATION loosely and when it suit their narrative. But in the true sense of the word, nobody is marginalizing Igbos
Because they hate the President so much, they also assumes that he hates them so much, but the truth is that so far the President has been fair in all his doings.

" Oppression can only continue as long as the oppressed keeps quiet." Biblical Isaac prayer for his son Esau's descendants on his last days.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2015
This is okoroawusa's handwork
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 23, 2015
Danfuster:
Biaffra itself is a scam. South south and South East are one of the regions with highest federal allocation, tell me what your leaders have done with that. Igbos!!! Do not allow yourself be used.

They are too dumb to understand that.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by PedroJP(m): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Did u hear Oyegun speak the other about how Igbos gathered their eggs in one basket ? Buhari's 5/97 percent comment ?

Where is that ever done in a democratical setting ? Once elected, u don't rule based on what votes u got as it's the voter's right to vote their choice. In an ideal democratic setting, such statements shoul ahve made him step down from that seat as he is not ready to rule but came to revenge.

Passingshot, u don't need to wish u have the power to carve out Biafra. This isn't about marginalization, Biafra has gone beyond receiving compensation to keep calm. Restructring might not even work again. Sthing bigger is going to happen in Nigeria. If the way of peace is not pursued by FG herself, i doubt there won't be bloodshed. I repeat, FG should stop being fooled about her military might and see beyond unarmed civilians protesting in the streets.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by PassingShot(m): 7:56am On Nov 23, 2015
liberty300:
why did the fg stop second Niger bridge
Do you have evidence that the FG has completely stopped the bridge as a matter of policy? The last time I read about it, the halt is is temporary, for re-evalution and possibly re-negotiation of the contract.

Which federal roads are you referring to? Pls forget about GEJ now because it's obvious he didn't do much in his five years. If he did, those Eastern roads and the Niger Bridge would have been completed even before his exit.

Do you have evidence for your claim? Imagine what you're saying! So, GEJ could only start the negotiation in five years and you're accusing a six month presidency of not doing anything on the sea port already. Pls say something more rational.

Again, any evidence of complete discontinuation of this claim?

Don't be economical with the truth. BBC Hausa is owned and run by BBC News. Besides, the problem with RadioBiafra is the campaign of hate and preaching of violence against a section of the country and the FG and every sane person knows this. Stop the victim mentality already!

When the Oba erred, he was called to order by many prominent Yorubas and the Oba himself apologized. Nevertheless, the Igbos are guilty of being aggressive and formenting trouble with their host communities. Evidences of this abounds aplenty.

FG made $200bn from SE under which regime? Buhari or Jonathan?
Your confrontation with PMB's regime started almost immediately he was sworn in. He had not even settled down by the time the campaign oaf hate and secession through Radiobiafra started and you at the same time expect him to do magic to assuage your feelings within the six months of his,presidency despite that you've not given him any chance.

The fact is you guys hate him with passion perhaps for his taking part in the civil war. Unfortunately, you have failed yo realize that your strategy is alienating you further. Please continue your protesting and let's see where it takes you. Though I sincerely wish we go our separate ways.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by QuotaSystem: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2015
What else was expected? I said it before the meeting even started. After all the noise about Buhari being an illiterate old H/Fulani man, Ndigbo are now swallowing their vomit and struggling to serve his government.

It is now proven that Ibos can never survive in the opposition, covetousness and greed won't let them. Why don't they struggle for appointments from the PDP that they blindly gave all their votes to? Shameless.

When GEJ kept the SW out of his government, they restrategized and made their way back into political relevance instead of resorting to begging and blackmail.

Principle-less Any Government In Power practitioners.

QuotaSystem:

The best that can come out of this meeting is a veiled apology to President Buhari and a humble request for more appointments....or a firm reprimand to their children in IPOB to stop frustrating the SE's efforts to develop and embrace One Nigeria.

The way you people set yourselves up for heartbreak is just amazing.

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by QuotaSystem: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2015
You must come to equity with clean hands.

stickncarrot:

They aren't meeting him for true federalism or restructuring that would have relaxed us. We can't but lol on ya Governors. The difference between 5% and 100% is 95% which is a big gap. With true federalism, we will be equal with our country men.

Justice and Equality is not where Ibos through Ironsi restructured the existing federalism over 50 years ago when nothing was wrong with it because it favored them, and then now want to restructure the existing structure again suddenly because it doesn't favour them out of their poor political calculations.

That is pure INJUSTICE and INEQUALITY to other Nigerians and we are not silly to let that happen as you can see.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Justice and Equality is not where Ibos through Ironsi restructured the existing federalism over 50 years ago when nothing was wrong with it because it favored them, and then now want to restructure the existing structure again suddenly because it doesn't favour them out of their poor political calculations.

That is pure INJUSTICE and INEQUALITY to other Nigerians and we are not silly to let that happen.

You mean there's equity in Nigeria system?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by focus7: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2015
Oliver Twist Igbos don't deserve anything better than what they are getting in Nigeria, they are becoming too lousy playing the victim game.
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2015
ipob as ur leader to develop ur region, they failed uu!
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by QuotaSystem: 8:18am On Nov 23, 2015
You can only come to equity with clean hands.

stickncarrot:

You mean there's equity in Nigeria system?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by backtosender: 8:24am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you have evidence that the FG has completely stopped the bridge as a matter of policy? The last time I read about it, the halt is is temporary, for re-evalution and possibly re-negotiation of the contract.

Which federal roads are you referring to? Pls forget about GEJ now because it's obvious he didn't do much in his five years. If he did, those Eastern roads and the Niger Bridge would have been completed even before his exit.

Do you have evidence for your claim? Imagine what you're saying! So, GEJ could only start the negotiation in five years and you're accusing a six month presidency of not doing anything on the sea port already. Pls say something more rational.

Again, any evidence of complete discontinuation of this claim?

Don't be economical with the truth. BBC Hausa is owned and run by BBC News. Besides, the problem with RadioBiafra is the campaign of hate and preaching of violence against a section of the country and the FG and every sane person knows this. Stop the victim mentality already!

When the Oba erred, he was called to order by many prominent Yorubas and the Oba himself apologized. Nevertheless, the Igbos are guilty of being aggressive and formenting trouble with their host communities. Evidences of this abounds aplenty.

FG made $200bn from SE under which regime? Buhari or Jonathan?
Your confrontation with PMB's regime started almost immediately he was sworn in. He had not even settled down by the time the campaign oaf hate and secession through Radiobiafra started and you at the same time expect him to do magic to assuage your feelings within the six months of his,presidency despite that you've not given him any chance.

The fact is you guys hate him with passion perhaps for his taking part in the civil war. Unfortunately, you have failed yo realize that your strategy is alienating you further. Please continue your protesting and let's see where it takes you. Though I sincerely wish we go our separate ways.
do u think Yoruba and Hausa Fulani manipulation will not kill the dream of one Nigeria as it is now?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by PassingShot(m): 8:34am On Nov 23, 2015
backtosender:
do u think Yoruba and Hausa Fulani manipulation will not kill the dream of one Nigeria as it is now?
Politics has always being about manipulation one way or the other. The Igbos had their chances but failed to seize them because of hatred for a man. Had they voted for Buhari/Okadigbo or Buhari/Ume-Ezeoke in 2003 or 2007, they could have produced the president. But they despised him so much that the man had to look SW. So, whose fault?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2015
QuotaSystem:
You can only come to equity with clean hands.

Still didn't answer the question
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Bitterleafsoup: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2015
These are the same Governors that stole all the money ment to build Igboland. Now you want to talk about it? First Roaches we want to hear what you did with billions during your 5 years in office. Start your talk with that!
Why is Imo State a lagoon in rainey season?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Bigwigs That Are Not Afraid Of Buhari: A Rejoinder / CACAWA Fires Back At Mr Johnson Suleiman / Flash: Inec To Accept Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Candidate - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.