Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (22838 Views)

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Frankiss44:

Well bro, the same PDP feeding us for the last 16years like you said is now the new APC... The deceit must stop..

Get some sense bro.
I don't remember buhari or Osinbajo in pdp.

I don't expect you to understand sense when you see one
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by dimssy(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
From the forgoing,i've seen lots of manifestos and all with huge expenditure,but this is my question,how do we fund this projects? By borrowing to increase debt or what.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by mbhs139(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
dabossman:

Let's be practical here. In truth the free meal programme will only apply to FG schools and government schools in APC states. The FG cannot force such a programme on PDP or APGA or Labour Party states, neither will it apply to private schools. Not with our Federation style of government. So, the question is, what number of children did this report use to come up with their cost?

As for corruption; well APC and Buhari ' campaign is centered on anti corruption. We can only wait to see how they truly intend to tackle corruption.

You see, you have really raised very valid points. Unfortunately, both the APC and the PDP never engaged in issues based campaign, and this I will blame on the PDP. If both sides had taken hold of either sides manifesto and criticise it critically, perhaps they would brought out some salient point that can be used to defeat some lies from both ends. But what do we have? certificate issue; age palava and so many other nonsense.

Rather than GEJ and his team to harp on what they have done in the close to six years that they have been running the affairs of the country, they were busy throwing insult at the General. FFK, Abati and Doyin didn't do well for the man from Otuoke. And little wonder they gave GMB and his team a jolly ride into the heart of some Nigerians. Otherwise, if they had actually took the opposition, right from the onset, with issue based campaign without resulting to insult, we would have had a more robust campaign and all these issues would have been put to rest by now.

In my estimation, the only area I see GMB doing well is in the curbing of corruption. Other areas I'm skeptical about because of the wage bill, not necessarily based on the report in this post, but because it is too ambitious and looks too good to be true. Me think it is just an electioneering thing. Let's face reality.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Babysho(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
Popemax:
Wake up

lol...vote GMB!!
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Descartes: 7:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
dabossman:

I'm an ardent advocate of resource control because I believe it will force other regions to look inwards and develop their own natural resources rather than depending solely on oil revenue. However, in your honest opinion, would you say that Niger Deltans have been in control of their own oil in the last four years? Has the derivation formula changed to favour them in that period? Like you said to me, I believe you are not a kid either. We all know how these things play out.
...if you had gone through my previous replies to you, would have got where am arriving at. Their position is not all about the "derivation formula" but to prove to the "power brokers" that they can cause a sabotage.Thanks
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by genearts(m): 7:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Honestly i don't know if its the poor educational system or this defeatist idea that nothing can work in Nigeria.

Thanks for the complement.

The conclusion I have come to is that we are suffering from "stockholm syndrome". Nigerians have been so raped by our govnt that we are now enjoying the rape and we don't believe things can change anymore. We have stuck to PDP for 16yrs nw and from all indications the have failed us but we are already judging and branding APC a failure without even giving them a try. Its just sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by mbhs139(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
genearts:

Are u now saying that APC should dump dat plan because of the fear of sabotage??

Nope! I didn't say that. But I think the program itself will not happen; it is a mere electioneering campaign. Let's wait and see though.

And if you read someone's comment on this particular matter, you will see the challenge at hand even before it starts... I mean talking about implementing it is only Fed. Schools and APC States because of the type of Government we run- Federalism.

1 Like

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Frankiss44(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

I don't remember buhari or Osinbajo in pdp.

I don't expect you to understand sense when you see one

He who pays the piper decides the tune... Your so called Buhari and Osinbajo are mere stooges to far more powerful and greedy men..

I don't expect you to understand sense when you see one.

1 Like

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by 9jagirl4re(f): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Since you won't answer my question, there is no point.

Btw which mineral are we exporting today and how much exactly does the government make from it?
Which question?
According to Steve Vaughn, a partner at Heenan Blaikie Business Law Group and a leading expert on international mining law, Nigeria’s mineral sector has not historically received
“enough attention as other countries in the region did from investors, but that is changing now’”.

Under GEJ the mining industry located 44 new minerals it takes time to build mines proper and now that they are operating we will see the outcome of the production soon.

How much did agriculture and mining grow under Buhari? BTW he said in the interview he will focus on oil that agriculture is not a quick revenue maker undecided. Thats your boy speaking...

4 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by ICEMAN(m): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
And they call GEJ clueless.

6 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Adminisher:

53 trillion is VERY DOABLE. The private sector is keyed into it. Nigeria's GDP will increase 10% in the first year alone because of compulsory school meals and public works driven employment drive. Please calculate what the fast food industry boom from taking lunch and drinks to local primary schools is going to be. Work that back into demand for chicken, rice, milk, beans, lunch plates, lunch boxes etc. and what that demand will do for the agricultural sector.

Mr Man, I'm an infrastructure finance and PPP consultant. The private sector cannot provide 50 trillion naira within the next four years to fund infrastructure.

If I'm wrong correct me.

7 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Frankiss44(m): 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ahmeduana:

BECAUSE NAIRALAND BELONGS TO YOUR FATHER? IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE QUOTE, DON'T COMMENT! NONSENSE BUNCH OF HYPNOTIZED ZOMBIES

How I wish I could give you more than just one like....

1 Like

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Bishop44: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
:oWanna see how apc would fix this country o. Seriously, I can't wait!

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/apc-manifesto-spending-plan-to-cost-n53trn-over-four-years/#.VNTsxZgo_Fo
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Swiftboy(m): 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

Apart from these loopholes, the manifesto emphasizes mining and a major source of funding even though i agree it can't be immediate.

Nigeria is loosing 500,000 barrels of crude oil daily, multiply that by $60 then multiply by 200 naira exchange rate.

Come on, of course they won't employ 3 million people to government offices every year, they will create an environment for it. There are at least 8 solid minerals per state in this country. Mining and agriculture will solve this puzzle.
*yearns which mining again? You believe too easily!

2 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
fred04:
fu ck DAT useless old fool called BUHARI. But it baffles me how this young NIGERIANS supports DAT fool BUHARI.politics is not abt sentiment its simply based on QUALIFICATIONS. Bleep BUHARI AND MA MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL HIS FANS.IF U DON'T LIKE NIGERIA GO TO CHAD SMELLIES
And this is non or un foolish contribution?
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Swiftboy(m): 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:
we are talking state police here and this is inevitable, the federal police will be downsized as the individual state officers grow in numbers.

I am yet to come across immediate pay rise in the Manifesto. I have read about restructuring our military, equipment, welfare and kit.

Like you said, Osun state does this successfully. How you came about 250 naira per child is ridiculous. Even Mr biggs won't charge 250 naira in bulk.
yeah Osun did this by cutting their teachers' salaries. Go to bed already okay?

2 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Swiftboy:
*yearns which mining again? You believe too easily!
What is South Africa's major income.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by gp6liveth(m): 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
I believe its oil money they want to use to achieve their manifesto. Let's watch and see.

They think the songs we have been singing are songs of joke. Any attempt to deny Gej his second term will be disastrous to the economy.

2 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
9jagirl4re:
Which question?
According to Steve Vaughn, a partner at Heenan Blaikie Business Law Group and a leading expert on international mining law, Nigeria’s mineral sector has not historically received

Under GEJ the mining industry located 44 new minerals it takes time to build mines proper and now that they are operating we will see the outcome of the production soon.

How much did agriculture and mining grow under Buhari? BTW he said in the interview he will focus on oil that agriculture is not a quick revenue maker undecided. Thats your boy speaking...
Still not answering my questions. I am done.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Swiftboy(m): 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
Relax my lady...its a wishful thinking cos Goodluck aint going nowhere!lol grin
Obiagelli:

This i can't really ( love the way Buhari pronounces the word really ) explain, i don't expect it to be immediate either.

This can easily be achieved by PPP, Apc states are doing fantastic in this area. I dare say no other state has built more houses than Lagos state, not even the federal government.

There is a lot of work to be done, Apc has never hidden that fact, infact buhari has said so severally.

Seun, this are the type of threads that should be on your front page, it could seem one sided but you can't blame the APC for the pdp not having a manifesto.

1 Like

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by ohenhen1: 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
It is a good plan, but I am only getting half of the puzzle. The article doesn't explain how APC will generate the funds. Are they going to use Lagos state template to increase revenue for the government? The initiatives are good.

1. School lunch for primary school students would create jobs and stimulate the economy. Tax revenue will go up.
2. The social security scheme will stimulate the economy. More tax revenue for the government.
3. 100000 more policemen, would also stimulate the economy, more cash to spend by people.
4. The housing and infrastructure scheme will create a lot of jobs. Will attract foreign investors. This will lead to more revenue for the government.
5. Fixing the refineries, steel plant, revitalizing mining and the textile sector will create jobs and will lead more tax revenue for the government. There are also secondary effects that will be positive for the economy like increased manufacturing of locally made cars. Reduced importation of oil will reduce our demand for the dollar.
6. The economical development zones funding will also stimulate the economy and create jobs. This will lead to more revenue for the government.

It is a good plan, but they need to let voters know how they will completely fund it. The APC plan is better than the PDP plan.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Swiftboy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
Obiagelli:

What is South Africa's major income.
Gold grin
DO you have gold as much as south Africa? No

2 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by ohenhen1: 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Savings from fighting corruption and stopping the theft of oil can be used to improve the Education sector.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Swiftboy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
PDP plan is better cos its realistic and simple. Develop Nigeria and let investors take the unlimited opportunities. This is more realistic.
ohenhen1:
It is a good plan, but I am only getting half of the puzzle. The article doesn't explain how APC will generate the funds. Are they going to use Lagos state template to increase revenue for the government? The initiatives are good.

1. School lunch for primary school students would create jobs and stimulate the economy. Tax revenue will go up.
2. The social security scheme will stimulate the economy. More tax revenue for the government.
3. 100000 more policemen, would also stimulate the economy, more cash to spend by people.
4. The housing and infrastructure scheme will create a lot of jobs. Will attract foreign investors. This will lead to more revenue for the government.
5. Fixing the refineries, steel plant, revitalizing mining and the textile sector will create jobs and will lead more tax revenue for the government. There are also secondary effects that will be positive for the economy like increased manufacturing of locally made cars. Reduced importation of oil will reduce our demand for the dollar.
6. The economical development zones funding will also stimulate the economy and create jobs. This will lead to more revenue for the government.

It is a good plan, but they need to let voters know how they will completely fund it. The APC plan is better than the PDP plan.

4 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by dabossman(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
mbhs139:

You see, you have really raised very valid points. Unfortunately, both the APC and the PDP never engaged in issues based campaign, and this I will blame on the PDP. If both sides had taken hold of either sides manifesto and criticise it critically, perhaps they would brought out some salient point that can be used to defeat some lies from both ends. But what do we have? certificate issue; age palava and so many other nonsense.

Rather than GEJ and his team to harp on what they have done in the close to six years that they have been running the affairs of the country, they were busy throwing insult at the General. FFK, Abati and Doyin didn't do well for the man from Otuoke. And little wonder they gave GMB and his team a jolly ride into the heart of some Nigerians. Otherwise, if they had actually took the opposition, right from the onset, with issue based campaign without resulting to insult, we would have had a more robust campaign and all these issues would have been put to rest by now.

In my estimation, the only area I see GMB doing well is in the curbing of corruption. Other areas I'm skeptical about because of the wage bill, not necessarily based on the report in this post, but because it is too ambitious and looks too good to be true. Me think it is just an electioneering thing. Let's face reality.

You are quite right. An issue based campaign would have been the best for us all, not all this crap going on. In truth, when it comes to electioneering, everything is largely based on promises and postulation. The voters will only make their decisions based on trust or the candidate's antecedents. Nothing is sure.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by ogene007: 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
The APC manifesto confirms who the clueless ones are, with their equally deluded supporters. How can a man whose annual salary is below a million naira, and must live within his means, be promising his children that he would be buying two houses in banana island, Uk, Dubai and Us respectively. APC are seriously smoking something that has made them sick upstairs. GEJ till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
Swiftboy:
Gold grin
DO you have gold as much as south Africa? No

ABUJA
- Marble
- Clay
- Tentalite
- Cassiterite
- Gold (partially investigated)
- Lead /Zinc (Traces)
ADAMAWA STATE
- Kaolin
- Bentonite
- Gypsium
- Magnesite
BAUCHI STATE
- Amethst (violet)
- Gypsium
- Lead/Zinc (Traces)
- Uranuin (partially investigated)
BORNO STATE
- Diatomite
- Clay
- Limestone
- Hydro-carbon (oil and gas)
Partially investigated)
- Gypsium
- Kaolin
- Bentonite
GOMBE STATE
- Gemstone
- Gysium
JIGAWAA STATE
- Butytes
KADUNA STATE
- Sapphire
- Kaoline
- Gold
- Clay
- Surpentinite
- Asbestos
- Amethyst
- Kyanite
- Graphite (partally investgated)
- Silhnite
- Mica (Traces)
- Aqua marine
- Ruby
- Rock Crystal
- Topaz
- Flosper
- Tourmaline
- Gemstone
- Tentalime
KANO STATE
- Prrochinre
- Cassiterite
- Copper
- Glass – Sand
- Gemstone
- Lead/Zinc
- Tantalite
KATSINA STATE
- Kaolin
- Marble
- Salt
KEBBI STATE
- Gold
KOGI STATE
- Iron-Ore
- Kaolin
- Gypsium
- Feldsper
- Goal
- Marble
- Dolomite
- Talc
- Tantalite
KWARA STATE
- Gold
- Marble
- Iron-Ore
- Cassiterite
- Colubite
- Tantalite
- Feldspar (Traces)
- Mica (Traces)
NASARAWA STATE
- Beryl (emerald)
- Asquamirine and
- Haliodor)
- Dolomite/Marble
- Sapphire
- Tourmaline
- Quartz- Amethyst (Topaz, gamet)
- Zireon
- Tantalite
- Cassiterite
- Columbite
- Limenite
- Galena
- Iron-Ore
- Barytes
- Feldspar
- Limesstone
- Mica
- Cooking coal
- Talc
- Cay
- Salt
- Chalcopyrite
NIGER STATE
- Gold
- Talc
- Lead/Zinc
PLATEAU STATE
- Emerald
- Tin
- Marble
- Granite
- Tantalite/columbit
- Lead/Zinc
- Barytes
- Irton-Ore
- Kaolin
- Belonite
- Cassiterrite
- Phrochlore
- Clay
- Coal
- Wolfam
- Salt
- Bismuth
- Fluoride
- Molybdenite
- Gemstone
- Bauxite
SOKOTO STATE
Kaolin
- Gold
= Limestone
- Phosphate
- Gpsium
- silica-sand
- Clay
- Laterrite
- Potash
- Flakes
- Granite
- Gold
- Salt
TARABA STATE
- Kaolin
- Lead/Zinc
YOBE STATE
- Tintomite
- Soda Ash (partially Investigated)
ZAMFARA STATE
- Goal
- Cotton
BENUE STATE
- Lead/Zinc
- Limestone
- Iron-Ore
- Coal
- Clay
- Marble
- Sakt
- Berytes (traces)
- Gem stones
- Gypsium
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by ndcide(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
I leave and work in an APC controlled state. and I can't attest to their so called manifesto.

so where are all these coming from?

well, they'd point at the FG for their failure

3 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Swiftboy:
Relax my lady...its a wishful thinking cos Goodluck aint going nowhere!lol grin

7 days to go
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
ohenhen1:

Manifestos shows the WHAT , budget and explanation like the debates, town hall meetings and nairaland shows the HOW
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by dabossman(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
Descartes:
...if you had gone through my previous replies to you, would have got where am arriving at. Their position is not all about the "derivation formula" but to prove to the "power brokers" that they can cause a sabotage.Thanks

Of course we all know they can sabotage things, but again my question is for how long? If the true motive of today's Niger Delta militants like Asari, Tompolo or Boyloaf is resource control, they wouldn't be content with ordinary amnesty handouts and pipeline security contracts for the past eight years since Yar Adua to GEJ. Would Ken Saro Wiwa have been content with amnesty handouts for eight years? I will not be surprised when these guys making threats today start visiting Aso Rock to collect 'settlement should APC win. Don't let them make you cannon fodder bruv.
Re: APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day by kingslly(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
When last did u check the news? According PWC's report there's no missing $20bn in the federations account.
apoti:
If you think Nigeria cannot afford N53 trillion over 4 years, then you are being naive.

The missing $20 billion alone equals N4 trillion and that is just from one out of many corrupt government agencies. You cannot imagine how our resources have been mismanaged by PDP. This is the obvious reason they are scared of GMB.

That said, APC will create enabling environment for businesses to thrive and thereby create more jobs. All the jobs do not necessarily have to come from the government

#Sai Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan At Oxford / Anambra: Massive Roads Construction Kicks Off Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.