Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? (23386 Views)

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Exponental(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
In a pastor's voice.......
Everything you have is from God!
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by ednut1(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
yemicoal:
This doesn't answer the op's question
God does not mint money. cbn does. so giv ur money to cbn . give crops bd livestock to ur pastor lmao

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by eminent007(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:
I am not aware of anywhere in scripture that states gambling is a sin neither have I come across any scripture that says christians ought to tithe undecided

Christians shouldn't tithe sad

I wonder the church wey you de go.

Read Mal. 3:10

Pastor my foot!!!

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Libkid(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
define gambling??
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:
I am not aware of anywhere in scripture that states gambling is a sin neither have I come across any scripture that says christians ought to tithe undecided

I have noticed from your posts that you are a very strong anti-tithing agent.

Maybe if you dig into the word of God more with the help of the Spirit you will see it is also for us today.
Read Hebrews chapter 6, 7 and 8. Especially chapter 7 with an open mind. And do not be doubting but believe. It was even talked on extensively.

Abraham paid tithes 500 years before the law came and Isaac 250 years before the Law came. And according to Hebrews we are in d same order as when Abraham paid tithe to the one whom nobody knows much of. It is also stated the Levi's who came later on in the law also paid tithe to that mysterious king through Abraham.

Hebrews 7:8. Here Jesus who is testified to be alive receives our tithes as when Melchizedek received Abraham's tithe.

The old is a shadow of the new. As it says so in Colossians 2:17.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
Paying any tithe is wrong. angry

Stop financing your pastor's excesses angry

5 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by yorex2011: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
Somehow.. Everything we do to make money in this life is a gamble.. Thats why some people's business crumbles and others stay afloat.. I think when its excess and an addiction, it becomes a sin.. Cause eating isn't a sin in itself but gluttony is

5 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by chukjojo(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
Gambling is wrong, if you likee pay thite, you know who you are paying it to...........the clergy not God.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by yorex2011: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Then forex too should be a sin then... Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by chingydaboss(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Go to malachi 3:10.. it's abt tithe..
PastorKun:
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by cutebobo(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Here is the answer.

if the source from which u are paying ur title does not gorify God, then its not acceptable
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by chinwaji(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
MadCow1:
It is God that granted you the favor to win the Gamble, so you must give Pastor God his 10% cut as board man.. grin

Laff wan kill me here. This NL ppl una fit make person piss 4 nicker.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Joshkid(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Since gambeling is a sin,hv see so many people pay tithe(includeing me) from gambeling money, e.g money from naira bet,960bet,pool, e.t.c

Pls throw more light on these!
it's absolutely wrong!undecided
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Maximus85(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hmmmm as if the pastors care where the money comes from.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Amadaz(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pastors preach on tithing in other to get more dough from their congregation... I don't buy that
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by taha24: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
Bible talk say he give some 10talent $ dm hide am while 2talent $ dm multiply am to 10. Bro all na hutsiling thingz.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Uchizzy(m): 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
MadCow1:
It is God that granted you the favor to win the Gamble, so you must give Pastor God his 10% cut as board man.. grin

Badt Guy#
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Uchizzy(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
As for me i pay my tithe when ever i win...

so i don't see any thing wrong wit it.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Maximus85(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I have noticed from your posts that you are a very strong anti-tithing agent.

Maybe if you dig into the word of God more with the help of the Spirit you will see it is also for us today.
Read Hebrews chapter 6, 7 and 8. Especially chapter 7 with an open mind. And do not be doubting but believe. It was even talked on extensively.

Abraham paid tithes 500 years before the law came and Isaac 250 years before the Law came. And according to Hebrews we are in d same order as when Abraham paid tithe to the one whom nobody knows much of. It is also stated the Levi's who came later on in the law also paid tithe to that mysterious king through Abraham.

Hebrews 7:8. Here Jesus who is testified to be alive receives our tithes as when Melchizedek received Abraham's tithe.

The old is a shadow of the new. As it says so in Colossians 2:17.

Abraham didn't "pay" tithe. He "gave" 1/10 of what he has to melchizedek. Not by force. When the law came, was there any punishment that comes with those that didn't give. The tithe is to be paid to Levis only. I guess all the pastors today are levites.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by fagsonwaley(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
The question is, is paying tithe really compulsory considering the level at which most of the spiritual leaders r living d life of a king in dis our generation? Forgeting dat our Lord Jesus doesn't have a private jet or Apostle Paul doesn't have a nice tailored suit. So why should I pay my tithe for a someone who will nt use d money for the expansion of God's kingdom on earth rather for his own bank account 'robustness'. So my broda, weda scam or betting money, my money na my money.....no tithe!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Temivp: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
hmmmm
..this is a serious matters that needed maximum attentions..

the most grievous sins don true the inner mind of human being.. many man doesn't not like having another Mans wife but they have slept with many woman true their feelings..wish is selfishness,..the act behind gambling its to hen from where you don't sowe to,stolen by skills,.... bible said that what so ever you sow u shall reap from...from this God is expecting tithe from us esclesiece dect and malach talk much about it.....even though yahoo boys that have sent so many white men and women to grave prison and suicide are still giving tithing to our churches
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by elijah24(m): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pls. Ooooo dis is serious issues ooooo cos som time ago I was winning and payin tithe,den one time I won't 48k and ask a christain friend if its ryt to pay tithe with d money and he said no,dat was d last time I won money until I begged for forgiveness and recently I won again,now I don't joke wit ma tithe ooo and I think am doin well in d business oooo so pay ur tithe.is between u and ur maker.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by timidapsin(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
SOME PEOPLE JUST CARRY THERE PHONE AND TYPE RUBBISH... angry
You are asking your fellow human "if it is a sin to use money made from gambling to pay tithe..."
Look carry your bible and check, if you can't see a place that says gambling is a sin.
You can choose to continue..

Those saying gambling is bad, then there is no good thing in life then
Checkout the dictionary meaning of gamble
1)take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
2)putting money in something that is not certain
3) taking risky actions

In this life we gamble everything... Our Investments #Gamble, Going to school (Paying sch fees) #Gamble, Travelling #Gamble etc
cheesy Even Eating food self na gamble cause you dont know if it has been poisoned #OnlyGodProtectsUs grin

Hope you understand what i mean smiley
#FollowYourMind wink

5 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by victorazy(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Since gambeling is a sin,hv see so many people pay tithe(includeing me) from gambeling money, e.g money from naira bet,960bet,pool, e.t.c

Pls throw more light on these!

Is gambling sin?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by victorazy(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
chukjojo:
Gambling is wrong, if you likee pay thite, you know who you are paying it to...........the clergy not God.

Ur far from the truth.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by nawtikid(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
Iz dis xum kinda partiality? I created diz same kinda thread last year and it didn't make fp
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by yemicoal(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
ednut1:
God does not mint money. cbn does. so giv ur money to cbn . give crops bd livestock to ur pastor lmao
lol, ogbeni grin
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by cookiesho(f): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
yorex2011:
Then forex too should be a sin then... Lol

I think u r right
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
eminent007:

Christians shouldn't tithe sad

I wonder the church wey you de go.

Read Mal. 3:10

Pastor my foot!!!

Mal 3:10 was not addressed to christians and tithes stated there was not money as some pastors have twisted it to be.

3 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by tonyenahoro(m): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lol abeg gambling nor be sin joor ifcollect give God him share
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by championeh(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ask Google
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by lilwayneme(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
as for me, any money I make is from the most high, and what's delaying me of giving him his own 10% cut, the Lord is not greedy, he will surely return it back in folds again....I won last week and have paid the tithe, the blessings await...cos he always return it back.... Just try God wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Things Like Ear Rings, Wigs, Eyelashes Etc Take Someone To Hell fire? / Connie Madubuko Is Dead, Pastor Anslem's Wife / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.