Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? (23387 Views)

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by O4A3EM(f): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
PastorKun:

That's rich coming from you who worships at a church were mamon is worshipped. The verse above you quoted warning against love of money was directed to preachers (like oyaks) who use the gospel too make money.

Whilst personally I don't indulge in gambling or encourage it, it would be wrong of me or anyone for that matter to preach it's a sin because there is no were in scripture it's implied or stated so. Labelling it a sin is in itself adding to scriptures and that is clearly a sin.

read Malachi 3:8-12
that is where tithing is in the Bible and gambling is not money u worked for, its a means to get rich quickly
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Maximus85(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Oga! Stop deceiving yourself. Did u even study that Hebrews 7. Tithe was paid to Levi's when d law came but the scripture also says those same Levi's paid tithe to Melchizedek through Abraham. Melchizedek is a king and also a priest and so is Jesus.
See what God says in Isaiah 51:1&2. Telling us to follow Abraham's example.

And as for saying if pastors are Levites. You need spiritual understanding mehn and stop using your carnal brain to try to understand spiritual truths.

It shows how you even view the house of God. You don't see God as really being there all you just see is your pastor that wants to steal your tithe. Don't you know as you give it he's actually there receiving tithe.

We are not in the law so there are no Levites. But the pastors now stand in for Jesus. Because you can't see Him physically although He's there in the Spirit.

Jesus is the High priest of the new covenant.
There's more to tell you but my hand don tire abeg. Go and study your bible.

I'm so surprised you know the new covenant. The law containing tithing is no longer effective. After the death of Jesus Christ how many of his disciples paid tithes? Apostle Paul said we should give God as it comes from our mind not grudgingly.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by okotv(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
killercute16:
i just checked it nw and it does not state any thing about gambling.
what do you understand about that last verse ?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by asala1: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
O4A3EM:

read Malachi 3:8-12
that is where tithing is in the Bible and gambling is not money u worked for, its a means to get rich quickly

You are wrong! Tithing commandment is given in Deut. 14:22-28. Read and see what tithing is and stop listening to your pastor.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by killercute16(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
okotv:
what do you understand about that last verse ?
The last verse which is the 5th verses said[b]"They make loans without charging interest and cannot be bribed to testify against the innocent.
Whoever does these things will always be secure"[/b]....Qouting from "Today's English version"
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
Humblebloke:

Less privileged people like Bishop Oyedepo
Lai Lai.
Those road side beggers, motherless babies and widows.
I don't take my tithe to church o. I don't even go to church sef.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Humblebloke(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

Lai Lai.
Those road side beggers, motherless babies and widows.
I don't take my tithe to church o. I don't even go to church sef.
Good for you ma'am.....

U don't have to go church tho'...... As long as you are doin' the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Frankiss44(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
meshacha1:
If Jesus Christ chase ppl gambling in the temple should tell you gambling is a sin.
So, then paying tithe will be an abomination.

He chased them because they were doing the right thing at the wrong place... He also chased traders from the temple.. Does that make trading a sin?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by okotv(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
killercute16:
The last verse which is the 5th verses said[b]"They make loans without charging interest and cannot be bribed to testify against the innocent.
Whoever does these things will always be secure"[/b]....Qouting from "Today's English version"
again I ask, what do you understand by that ?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by kentozybee(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
PastorKun:

Another ignorant person that knows next to nothing about tithes undecided
Silence Is Doing Best Answer Fr A...... U Can Complete Dat
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by xtervaganza(m): 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Gombs:

Olodo rabata!

answer the question or sharaaaaaaap
he just roasted you and your fake pastor.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by xtervaganza(m): 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
Nigerian pastors will gladly accept tithe proceeds from stealing, robbery, killing, human trafficking, fraud and yahoo and every other vice

Naija pastors have no moral. The only thing they respect is money. So they ll gladly accept your tithe
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by CrazyMan(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So let's look at Hebrews 6:20 & 7:2 (look at the gar used there.

First in verse 20- The writer says Jesus has been made a high priest after the same order of Melchizedek.

Then in 7:2 The writer says to whom Also Abraham paid his tithes to him that was just like Jesus is know now.

The Emphasis is on the word "ALSO".
Why will he use the world "also". Well because they were already paying tithes to Jesus who is in that same order. So he used something they could relate to.
This is where I'll have to add my own voice...The tithes Abraham paid were spoils from war (Genesis 14:18-20)...mind you, it was never recorded anywhere in the bible that Abraham's tithing was a continues process. Secondly it was paid to a high priest.

Now back to the second passgae (Hebrews 6:20)...Jesus is now our high priest which means we no longer have to pay tithes to him like practiced in the old testament.

Why? Cos christ can fend for himself unlike the priest of old who where totally dependent on the income of the children of israel.

That's why he (Christ) didn't emphasize on tithing during his days on earth.

Jeromejnr:
Tithing wasn't described as the weak and unprofitable because it is of free will which if you don't participate in would not enjoy the benefits. But the ordinances that had to be kept by force (washing of hands, animal sacrifices.e.t.c) That was what was abolished. Because if u didn't do them then judgement was expected.
Wrong...tithing wasn't free will. It was mandatory because the priest of old had to feed and take care of their families...that was why God referred to those who refused to bring their tithes to his house as robbers. See malachi 3 verse 8

The free will you might be referring to was practiced by the new testament church...they weren't under any command to bring. They brought as they could afford...that's not tithing. That's giving out of free will.

Acts: 4:32-35
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Jeromejnr:
Just the same way it was advised to women by Paul to always cover their hairs because of their past traditions. That doesn't mean if they don't do it, its a sin.

And which church do you go to sef. So I will see if I'm wasting my time talking. Is it JW?
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by killercute16(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2015
okotv:
again I ask, what do you understand by that ?
Nothing really,u should do the explaination.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by mikkyword(m): 10:53am On Feb 11, 2015
mifavour:

which church do u go to
Please asked him again. his comment speaks much about him. sad
mifavour:

which church do u go to
Please asked him again. his comment speaks much about him.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by mikkyword(m): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2015
mifavour:

tithe is not giving to the less privileged. Malachi 3:10

given to the less privileged is not tithing, it has No correlation with tithing @all.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2015
mikkyword:

given to the less privileged is not tithing, it has No correlation with tithing @all.

Yes it does have a lot of correlation with tithing; read deut 14: 28-29, there you will see clear instructions to give tithes to the less privileged
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 11:08am On Feb 11, 2015
Deuteronomy 14:28-29King James Version (KJV)

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by brocab: 12:33am On Dec 27, 2015
Romans 13:1-7 "states, "Everyone must submit himself to the Governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist are established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do, will bring judgement on themselves.
We have to obey the laws of the land and In most countries-gambling is free and legal' by choice.
When the scriptures tells us to stay away from all the get rich plans, do we also stay away from people who are involved in these get rich systems
Does this mean we need to stay away from our Prosperity preachers and pastors? Collecting tithes and offerings, Gambling against the word of God.
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of financial Gain.
From such withdraw yourselves.
Are these also playing these games-gambling with God, that they are willing to twist His word for their own personal Gains, large amounts of cash-and yet the government had also said it's legal-but God say's it's not. [/color]
Gombs:

Read bible, you no go gree. ;Dvo

Although the words "gambling" and "gamble" do not appear in the Bible, we cannot assume that an activity is not a sin simply because it is not mentioned.
e
The Bible does not specifically condemn gambling, betting, or lottery. The Bible does warn us, however, to stay away from the love of money (1 Timothy 6:10;Hebrews 13:5). Scripture also encourages us to stay away from attempts to “get rich quick” (Proverbs 13:11;23:5;Ecclesiastes 5:10). Gambling most definitely is focused on the love of money and undeniably tempts people with the promise of quick and easy riches.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/gambling-sin.html#ixzz3RA3uq56Q

OP, quit gambling...it breeds greed and hatred, desperation and frustration. Get a decent way of earning money, and pay your tithe accordingly. Forget the man above me, he's got issues you'd not understand in 3 years time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Things Like Ear Rings, Wigs, Eyelashes Etc Take Someone To Hell fire? / Connie Madubuko Is Dead, Pastor Anslem's Wife / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.