Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? (23384 Views)

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by olympus121: 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:

It is chris that is a big time olodo tongue
On a more serious note, wetin come be ur own with Chris dis night? No b everything I believe sha bt keep ur views.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by jerrymej(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
I coat it wrong! Gambling as been thought is a bad habit. Any money that one got from a wrong way (like Gambling) and uses it to pay tithe is un-accepted to GOD.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
Maximus85:

Abraham didn't "pay" tithe. He "gave" 1/10 of what he has to melchizedek. Not by force. When the law came, was there any punishment that comes with those that didn't give. The tithe is to be paid to Levis only. I guess all the pastors today are levites.

Oga! Stop deceiving yourself. Did u even study that Hebrews 7. Tithe was paid to Levi's when d law came but the scripture also says those same Levi's paid tithe to Melchizedek through Abraham. Melchizedek is a king and also a priest and so is Jesus.
See what God says in Isaiah 51:1&2. Telling us to follow Abraham's example.

And as for saying if pastors are Levites. You need spiritual understanding mehn and stop using your carnal brain to try to understand spiritual truths.

It shows how you even view the house of God. You don't see God as really being there all you just see is your pastor that wants to steal your tithe. Don't you know as you give it he's actually there receiving tithe.

We are not in the law so there are no Levites. But the pastors now stand in for Jesus. Because you can't see Him physically although He's there in the Spirit.

Jesus is the High priest of the new covenant.
There's more to tell you but my hand don tire abeg. Go and study your bible.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by ramalot(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
MadCow1:
It is God that granted you the favor to win the Gamble, so you must give Pastor God his 10% cut as board man.. grin

haha. na real board man. Board man wey no dey rack table. cheesy
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
Its non taxable, it should also non tithe-able.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Emmahunk(m): 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=danbrowndmf post=30535332]Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Since gambeling is a sin,hv see so many people pay tithe(includeing me) from gambeling money, e.g money from naira bet,960bet,pool, e.t.c

Pls throw more light on these![/
quote]

Firstly, for those that said they have not seen anywhere it's written in the scriptures that Christians should tithe, kindly read Malachi 3:8-11
On paying tithe from Gambeling, I must confess that Christians have given different interpretations to "tithe" contrary to the first fruit of harvest as the scriptures say. Having said that, I doubt if there is any person whom gambling is his //her profession since the tithe I know is 10% of one's legitimate earnings. This is the little I can say, may God grant us knowledge
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by adexsimply(m): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
nawtikid:
Iz dis xum kinda partiality? I created diz same kinda thread last year and it didn't make fp
sorry bro,everything wey dey this life na gamble

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by LaPink: 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:
I am not aware of anywhere in scripture that states gambling is a sin neither have I come across any scripture that says christians ought to tithe undecided

Tithing is in d Bible, Read Malachi 3 : 8 - 12. But i don't support tithing for gamblers.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by chinwaji(m): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
MadCow1:
It is God that granted you the favor to win the Gamble, so you must give Pastor God his 10% cut as board man.. grin

Laff wan kill me here. These NL ppl una fit make pesin piss 4 nicker.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by lovetterrison(m): 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Since gambeling is a sin,hv see so many people pay tithe(includeing me) from gambeling money, e.g money from naira bet,960bet,pool, e.t.c

Pls throw more light on these!

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Iyowuski: 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=danbrowndmf post=30535332]Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Since gambeling is a sin,hv see so many people pay tithe(includeing me) from gambeling money, e.g money from naira bet,960bet,pool,

my guy since you said gambling is a sin then you shouldn't expect d blessing that comes with giving tithe
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by afanide: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:
I am not aware of anywhere in scripture that states gambling is a sin neither have I come across any scripture that says christians ought to tithe undecided

What kind of Bible do u use? Is it the Jehovah's Witnesse's Version?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by nwadiuko1(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
Can you pay tax on money gotten from armed robbery?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by charismaticdave(m): 10:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
I couldn't help but read that people on this thread are saying gambling is a sin,

Please can you define gambling?

Can you define business?

So people that are operating this sites or this business are into gambling right?

If you can't differentiate the two please, just sharrrrrrrap and stop quoting the Bible or the Quran with your own understanding or your diluted understanding.

Read your Bible very well before answering my questions
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by segxywegxy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THE SIGHT OF GOD
danbrowndmf:
Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Timzyy(m): 10:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:
Abi naa.. Sebi you are the Author of your own Bible
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by favourelisha(m): 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
Nairaland gambling not gambleing,well all form of usury to make money or lend is a sin in the bible.Like someone has said it all,the love of money is all evil talkless of gamble.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by nijanigga: 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
Oyedepo doesn't care bring all the money to winner's chapel

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by mifavour(f): 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Tithe to me is giving the less privileged so No it is not wrong.

tithe is not giving to the less privileged. Malachi 3:10
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by InvertedHammer: 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
/
What is wrong is fvcking over your hard-earned money to another human under the guise of appeasing God.

You cannot bribe God. Give the money to the poor around you. Stop financing another being's lavish lifestyle while
you live in squalour.

There you have it.

\

2 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by brocab: 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
When you think about it, tithing is a gamble, most tithers give a weekly 10%, then start praying to God for a 100 fold to be returned back to them.
And every week, one don't receive, every week they give it another go.

Its like playing the lottery-you got to be in it, to win it.

In Malachi 3:8-12 bring all tithes into the storehouse.
But its a shame, still to this day, tithers are disobeying the law on tithing.

God said: bring your crops, shocks, food, merchants to the storehouse, so the poor the lame will be fed.

But you tithers are doing the opposite, you are bringing money to the store house.
And there's no law, given to anybody, in bible scripture to tithe with money.
LaPink:

Tithing is in d Bible, Read Malachi 3 : 8 - 12. But i don't support tithing for gamblers.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by buoye1(m): 11:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
Gambling itself is wrong,not to talk about paying tithe from the money gotten from it!
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote
author=Bonapart post=30551822]Go to your GOD...... not every question
you bring to Nairaland. We ain't the ones collecting the money. It's
between you and your God[/quote] No offence bro.i guess u dnt knw d meaning of a forum.we are to discuss anything here as long as we can learn frm it.so ts nt abt takn it to my God,dis forum is created so evewi one can air his or her opinion,if u dnt hv a tangable opinion,den walk off d thread nor b by force oh.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by mifavour(f): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:

Mal 3:10 was not addressed to christians and tithes stated there was not money as some pastors have twisted it to be.

which church do u go to
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by bauer00: 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
meshacha1:
If Jesus Christ chase ppl gambling in the temple should tell you gambling is a sin.
So, then paying tithe will be an abomination.
it wasnt only gamblers he chased away nao,he chased everybdy doin business within the temple...
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Oga! Stop deceiving yourself. Did u even study that Hebrews 7. Tithe was paid to Levi's when d law came but the scripture also says those same Levi's paid tithe to Melchizedek through Abraham. Melchizedek is a king and also a priest and so is Jesus.
See what God says in Isaiah 51:1&2. Telling us to follow Abraham's example.

And as for saying if pastors are Levites. You need spiritual understanding mehn and stop using your carnal brain to try to understand spiritual truths.

It shows how you even view the house of God. You don't see God as really being there all you just see is your pastor that wants to steal your tithe. Don't you know as you give it he's actually there receiving tithe.

We are not in the law so there are no Levites. But the pastors now stand in for Jesus. Because you can't see Him physically although He's there in the Spirit.

Jesus is the High priest of the new covenant.
There's more to tell you but my hand don tire abeg. Go and study your bible.

okay, if you think we should tithe, why not do it exactly how was done in the days of the old?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote
author=timidapsin post=30553047]SOME PEOPLE JUST CARRY THERE PHONE AND
TYPE RUBBISH... angry
You are asking your fellow human "if it is a sin to use money made from
gambling to pay tithe..."
Look carry your bible and check, if you can't see a place that says
gambling is a sin.
You can choose to continue..

Those saying gambling is bad, then there is no good thing in life then
Checkout the dictionary meaning of gamble
1)take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
2)putting money in something that is not certain
3) taking risky actions

In this life we gamble everything... Our Investments #Gamble,
Going to school (Paying sch fees) #Gamble, Travelling
#Gamble etc
cheesy Even Eating food self na gamble cause you dont know if it has been
poisoned #OnlyGodProtectsUs grin

Hope you understand what i mean smiley
#FollowYourMind wink[/quote] i typed rubbish n u commented on d rubbish? me n u who dy do rubbish? dis is a faceless forum doesnt me u will talk to pple anyhw.Mind d way u address pple.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by helphelp: 11:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
danbrowndmf:

Whenever you lose, church dey pay you back...

Reason am
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote
author=nawtikid post=30553276]Iz dis xum kinda partiality? I created
diz same kinda thread last year and it didn't make fp[/quote] Have been on NL for 2years now n dis d 1st tym am maken FP.big shout out to d MOD and Oga seun,n to all dose who comment on dis thread una to much.dis year will b year of favour 4me oh!
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=Iyowuski post=30554184][/quote] broda hvnt air my opinion if gambeling is a sin or not i only ask a question.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by eminent007(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
PastorKun:

Mal 3:10 was not addressed to christians and tithes stated there was not money as some pastors have twisted it to be.

To whom ws it addressed?
Then what is the tithe refering to then?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by popcykaylah(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
people like oledepo and oritsejabooo no mind where you see the money as long as you pay up...if you don't pay on time self them fit open the gates of hell on you..imagine people looting national money and you tell them to kneel down and you pray to God to continue to bless them..only God almighty knows who a true man of God is and he alone knows those serving him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Things Like Ear Rings, Wigs, Eyelashes Etc Take Someone To Hell fire? / Connie Madubuko Is Dead, Pastor Anslem's Wife / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.