Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? (23379 Views)

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 6:30am On Feb 09, 2015
Wen judgement day comes, we shall all knw weda gambling was a sin or not.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 6:53am On Feb 09, 2015
dameekberry:
Pastorkun.....Read MAttew 3:10-11 to know more about tithe.

First of all it's malachi 3:10-11 and not Matthew 3. That said, to address all those asking me to read malachi to know more about tithes, they have only concluded in convincing me that they know next to nothing about tithes and their tithes knowledge is limited to what their pastors have brainwashed them with. There are at least 20 passages in the bible that talk about tithes and most of them explain it better than the malachi passage pastors love to quote. Their preference for quoting malachi 3 is cause it can be easily twisted to suit the pastor's bias. If you really want to know more about tithes read deuteronomy 14:22-29 where it is clearly defined and also read hebrews 7:5-19 where tithing was anulled and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable law.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 7:08am On Feb 09, 2015
CrazyMan:

Based on the bible, why did God ask the children of Israel to tithe?

Let me answer that for you so as to save precious time.

Deteronomy 18: 1-5
1 The Levitical priests—indeed, the whole tribe of Levi—are to have no allotment or inheritance with Israel. They shall live on the food offerings presented to the LORD, for that is their inheritance. 2 They shall have no inheritance among their fellow Israelites; the LORD is their inheritance, as he promised them.

3 This is the share due the priests from the people who sacrifice a bull or a sheep: the shoulder, the internal organs and the meat from the head. 4 You are to give them the firstfruits of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep, 5 for the LORD your God has chosen them and their descendants out of all your tribes to stand and minister in the LORD's name always.

God commanded the children of Israel to bring their first fruit to his house because the levites weren't allowed to own lands, fields..etc. And God being a fair God, commanded the remaining 11 tribes to shoulder the responsibility of the levities.

See also..

Detuteronomy 26:12
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Now according to the passage above, the tithes were expected to be brought to the temple every 3 years. And it was strictly for the levities, the widows, fatherless...etc.

Secondly, it was never in form of money...mind you money was in use then, but God never asked the children of Israel to bring money into his house.

Unfortunately our churches today go about preaching about money, money, money. How many churches distribute bags of rice, palm and groundnut oil, tin tomatoes, maggi...etc to widows and the less privilege on monthly basics? Whereas that's what God instructed the israelites to do, and that's what the church in the new testament did as well.

But what your greedy pastor keeps telling you is that if you don't bring a certain percentage of your salaries and first fruits (in cash) to him, the hottest part of hell awaits you.

That's robbery if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:26am On Feb 09, 2015
brocab:
Go back to your bible?
Hebrews 7: Here moral men receives tithes.
Other words tithes were given to those who die.

If you are such are believer in tithing then you should obey Gods commandments.
Bring all your tithes into the storehouse,.

God gave the command for the Jews to bring in crops, shocks, merchandise into the storehouse..

And if anyone who chose to follow that old Masaic law system must obey Gods commandments.
Not their own, the Mosaic laws were guarded, before Jesus arrived, those laws were our tutor to bring as to Christ.

They are not needed any more, {unless you haven't been saved as yet?}

Just to be sure say this prayer- Lord Jesus, come into my heart, lord Jesus I believe, I believe you had died for me, and I believe that God the Father has raised Jesus from the cross, Amen.

Once you have said: that prayer you don't have to live under that same law, you are now walking in the light with Christ.

Old testament Mosaic law was for people who walked in darkness, people that died, not for the living, and every year, they brought in their tithes and sacrificing and offerings for the remissions of their sins.

Law was made for those who sinned.

Jesus had paid the price in full, we no-longer need to bring in a tithe or commit ourselves a sacrifice or give an offering to prove Jesus is wrong.
Being a born-again Christian, now shows you are now walking in the light.

Amen

Tithing doesn't have anything to do with sin. The law showed us that we were sinful, so things in the law had to be followed. But tithing was of of free will, even though it was later added to the law. I didn't say if u didn't tithe you will go to hell.

Just the same way Jesus said for you to receive you have to give. That doesn't mean if you don't do it you are a sinner it just means you won't enjoy in the blessings of receiving what God has for you.

Titihing is a way we honour God and keeping our view of money in the right balance. So that the blessing promised from it can come into our lives and also for keeping the house of God.

And this storehouse you people have been shouting since. Where the Jews actually entering the storehouses themselves or was it the Levites? So now the church building does not have a storehouse. They don't need the money I guess. Let the pastors take care of it themselves.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by iretex1(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Where are the christain gurus? nd d sunday school teacher.pls cm out here n teach ous oh.

Since gambeling is a sin,hv see so many people pay tithe(includeing me) from gambeling money, e.g money from naira bet,960bet,pool, e.t.c

Pls throw more light on these!

In my opinion, if you don't feel comfortable to tithe an income based on it's source, it may be disastrous to continue with that kind of business, something is fundamentally wrong...
Don't seek for any lie to ease your conscience, the choice is yours.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:47am On Feb 09, 2015
PastorKun:

First of all it's malachi 3:10-11 and not Matthew 3. That said, to address all those asking me to read malachi to know more about tithes, they have only concluded in convincing me that they know next to nothing about tithes and their tithes knowledge is limited to what their pastors have brainwashed them with. There are at least 20 passages in the bible that talk about tithes and most of them explain it better than the malachi passage pastors love to quote. Their preference for quoting malachi 3 is cause it can be easily twisted to suit the pastor's bias. If you really want to know more about tithes read deuteronomy 14:22-29 where it is clearly defined and also read hebrews 7:5-19 where tithing was anulled and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable law.

So let's look at Hebrews 6:20 & 7:2 (look at the gar used there.

First in verse 20- The writer says Jesus has been made a high priest after the same order of Melchizedek.

Then in 7:2 The writer says to whom Also Abraham paid his tithes to him that was just like Jesus is know now.

The Emphasis is on the word "ALSO".
Why will he use the world "also". Well because they were already paying tithes to Jesus who is in that same order. So he used something they could relate to.

Tithing wasn't described as the weak and unprofitable because it is of free will which if you don't participate in would not enjoy the benefits. But the ordinances that had to be kept by force (washing of hands, animal sacrifices.e.t.c) That was what was abolished. Because if u didn't do them then judgement was expected.

Just the same way it was advised to women by Paul to always cover their hairs because of their past traditions. That doesn't mean if they don't do it, its a sin.

And which church do you go to sef. So I will see if I'm wasting my time talking. Is it JW?
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by seagulsntrawler: 7:59am On Feb 09, 2015
missionmex:
U can only pay tithe from any legitimate venture.
Can you support your assertion by telling us those activities that are legitimate, with relevant bible verses?

Thanks
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Humblebloke(m): 8:11am On Feb 09, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Tithe to me is giving the less privileged so No it is not wrong.

Less privileged people like Bishop Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by sunntrost(m): 8:22am On Feb 09, 2015
Since you know that gambling it self is a sin, you should know that any proceed from it will not be accepted.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by brocab: 8:24am On Feb 09, 2015
No maybe not to you, But tithing sacrificing and offerings played together as a team.
If you tithe, then sacrifice, then make your offer to God, not just pick one out the 3 and force people to tithe.

Tithing was not a freewill, it was part of the Mosaic law.

And when Abram paid a tithe to the King, it was not from his hard earned cash flow.
Other then from the spoils of war, that didn't belong to him.

Jesus said give.

Acts 3:6 silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you.
In the name of Jesus of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Peter did not expect to receive, Peter said rise up and walk.
I don't give expecting a 100 or 60 or 30 fold to be returned back to me, I'm happy to see someone else receive a blessing from the lord.

I retrieve my blessings when I study the word-seeking his kingdom, what greater blessings could ever beat that.
The Lord knows my needs, before I ask him.

And your other quotes don't make any sense.
Jeromejnr:

Tithing doesn't have anything to do with sin. The law showed us that we were sinful, so things in the law had to be followed. But tithing was of of free will, even though it was later added to the law. I didn't say if u didn't tithe you will go to hell.

Just the same way Jesus said for you to receive you have to give. That doesn't mean if you don't do it you are a sinner it just means you won't enjoy in the blessings of receiving what God has for you.

Titihing is a way we honour God and keeping our view of money in the right balance. So that the blessing promised from it can come into our lives and also for keeping the house of God.

And this storehouse you people have been shouting since. Where the Jews actually entering the storehouses themselves or was it the Levites? So now the church building does not have a storehouse. They don't need the money I guess. Let the pastors take care of it themselves.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Mega72(m): 8:44am On Feb 09, 2015
Its a SIN!
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 9:04am On Feb 09, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So let's look at Hebrews 6:20 & 7:2 (look at the gar used there.

First in verse 20- The writer says Jesus has been made a high priest after the same order of Melchizedek.

Then in 7:2 The writer says to whom Also Abraham paid his tithes to him that was just like Jesus is know now.

The Emphasis is on the word "ALSO".
Why will he use the world "also". Well because they were already paying tithes to Jesus who is in that same order. So he used something they could relate to.

Tithing wasn't described as the weak and unprofitable because it is of free will which if you don't participate in would not enjoy the benefits. But the ordinances that had to be kept by force (washing of hands, animal sacrifices.e.t.c) That was what was abolished. Because if u didn't do them then judgement was expected.

Just the same way it was advised to women by Paul to always cover their hairs because of their past traditions. That doesn't mean if they don't do it, its a sin.

And which church do you go to sef. So I will see if I'm wasting my time talking. Is it JW?

As per the bolded the answer is found in hebrews 7:18

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

The commandment being spoken of in the bolded above if found in verse 5 of the same chapter.

Hebrews 7:5King James Version (KJV)

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

So clearly the tithe law as been anulled and you people should stop using it to defraud christians.

ps: I am not a johavah witness but a bible believing christian who hates it when mere men twist God's word and preach their man made doctrines as commandments from God.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:04am On Feb 09, 2015
brocab:
No maybe not to you, But tithing sacrificing and offerings played together as a team.
If you tithe, then sacrifice, then make your offer to God, not just pick one out the 3 and force people to tithe.

Tithing was not a freewill, it was part of the Mosaic law.

And when Abram paid a tithe to the King, it was not from his hard earned cash flow.
Other then from the spoils of war, that didn't belong to him.

Jesus said give.

Acts 3:6 silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you.
In the name of Jesus of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Peter did not expect to receive, Peter said rise up and walk.
I don't give expecting a 100 or 60 or 30 fold to be returned back to me, I'm happy to see someone else receive a blessing from the lord.

I retrieve my blessings when I study the word-seeking his kingdom, what greater blessings could ever beat that.
The Lord knows my needs, before I ask him.

And your other quotes don't make any sense.

I have heard you sir.

As for me God blesses me with it.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by ooshinibos: 9:06am On Feb 09, 2015
simple //// its wrong...except u win lotterry
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:11am On Feb 09, 2015
PastorKun:

As per the bolded the answer is found in hebrews 7:18

18[b] For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.[/b]

The commandment being spoken of in the bolded above if found in verse 5 of the same chapter.

Hebrews 7:5King James Version (KJV)

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a[b] commandment to take tithes[/b] of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

So clearly the tithe law as been anulled and you people should stop using it to defraud christians.

Learn to rightly divide the word of truth.

As a Pastor that you call yourself stop spending your time watching African Magic and use it to study the word.

Why do you even still fast if it was done in old testament. Rightly divide the truth.

I no argue again o. Its not by force.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by brocab: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Fasting and old testament commandments under the Law of Moses.
The law of Moses specifically required fasting only one occasion-The day of atonement,Leviticus 16:29-30, 23:27-31, Numbers 29:7.
Jesus fasted, most of the prophets fasted
It's funny with some people they will use every scripture possible from every law given to try to prove some ridiculous truth, that tithing still exist.
And the funny thing about all this, anger rises.
Jeromejnr:

As a Pastor that you call yourself stop spending your time watching African Magic and use it to study the word.

Why do you even still fast if it was done in old testament. Rightly divide the truth.

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by kentozybee(m): 9:56am On Feb 09, 2015
PastorKun:
I am not aware of anywhere in scripture that states gambling is a sin neither have I come across any scripture that says christians ought to tithe undecided
Open Ur Bible To The Book Of Malachi Chapter 3,Read Everything There
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 9:58am On Feb 09, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You are the one that needs to rightly divide the word of truth as the scriptures I quoted are crystal clear and you can't fault them. Also when you learn to rightly divide the word, you will learn that scriptural tithe is not money and that it is a sin to twist it to mean money.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 10:03am On Feb 09, 2015
kentozybee:
Open Ur Bible To The Book Of Malachi Chapter 3,Read Everything There

Another ignorant person that knows next to nothing about tithes undecided
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by bizhub: 10:10am On Feb 09, 2015
Visa lottery, normal lottery, forex and who wants to be a millionaire, text and win promos from companies
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by BBackOurGlory: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=PastorKun post=30560056][/quote]

[size=20pt]
[b]Tithes: Deuteronomy 14:22-27
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

Pastor is this Deuteronomy 14:22-27 not in your scripture? Stop selective quotation... Tithes is to be Eating at the place God as Chosen with you and your househol; the Levites are to be invited also for the meal.. NO INSTRUCTION TO PAY TITHES TO THE LEVITES IN THE BIBLE.
[/b]
[/size]
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by BBackOurGlory: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2015
[size=20pt]Tither; Deuteronomy 14:28-29

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
[/size]
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by brocab: 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
praise the Lord.
Jeromejnr:

I have heard you sir.

As for me God blesses me with it.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
BBackOurGlory:

[size=20pt]
[b]Tithes: Deuteronomy 14:22-27
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

Pastor is this Deuteronomy 14:22-27 not in your scripture? Stop selective quotation... Tithes is to be Eating at the place God as Chosen with you and your househol; the Levites are to be invited also for the meal.. NO INSTRUCTION TO PAY TITHES TO THE LEVITES IN THE BIBLE.
[/b]
[/size]

Are you sure you read what what I wrote Cause if you did, you would have seen that I am 100% against christians tithing based on old testament scriptures. It's a clear case of pious fraud.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by killercute16(m): 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
okotv:
Gambling is a sin. Give Christ your heart first before your money. If you doubt ask Cain. By the way, for those saying its not explicitly stated in the Bible, please read through psalm 15 especially the last verse. Very important.
i just checked it nw and it does not state any thing about gambling.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by killercute16(m): 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
timidapsin:
SOME PEOPLE JUST CARRY THERE PHONE AND TYPE RUBBISH... angry
You are asking your fellow human "if it is a sin to use money made from gambling to pay tithe..."
Look carry your bible and check, if you can't see a place that says gambling is a sin.
You can choose to continue..

Those saying gambling is bad, then there is no good thing in life then
Checkout the dictionary meaning of gamble
1)take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
2)putting money in something that is not certain
3) taking risky actions

In this life we gamble everything... Our Investments #Gamble, Going to school (Paying sch fees) #Gamble, Travelling #Gamble etc
cheesy Even Eating food self na gamble cause you dont know if it has been poisoned #OnlyGodProtectsUs grin

Hope you understand what i mean smiley
#FollowYourMind wink
Oooooooh...you just made sense here
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by killercute16(m): 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
jerrymej:
I coat it wrong! Gambling as been thought is a bad habit. Any money that one got from a wrong way (like Gambling) and uses it to pay tithe is un-accepted to GOD.
How is it a wrong way of money?
Did you decieve anyboby?
Did you shed someone's blood when doing it?
Pls i need ur explaination.
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by PastorKun(m): 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
timidapsin:
SOME PEOPLE JUST CARRY THERE PHONE AND TYPE RUBBISH... angry
You are asking your fellow human "if it is a sin to use money made from gambling to pay tithe..."
Look carry your bible and check, if you can't see a place that says gambling is a sin.
You can choose to continue..

Those saying gambling is bad, then there is no good thing in life then
Checkout the dictionary meaning of gamble
1)take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
2)putting money in something that is not certain
3) taking risky actions

In this life we gamble everything... Our Investments #Gamble, Going to school (Paying sch fees) #Gamble, Travelling #Gamble etc
cheesy Even Eating food self na gamble cause you dont know if it has been poisoned #OnlyGodProtectsUs grin

Hope you understand what i mean smiley
#FollowYourMind wink

Even tithing sef is gambling cause most pastors promise believers who tithe a thousand fold return on the tithes they pay. However in reality we know that 99.999% don't reap this returns promised them.

1 Like

Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
lmao! and I used to think I was alone in this tithe and gambling issue..... una funny die
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by afanide: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
Greg007:

u wat kind of bible do u use? just tell me d verse let me read

Malachy 3:9-11
Re: Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? by aviazuva: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
Every fruit that comes out of a bad tree is bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Things Like Ear Rings, Wigs, Eyelashes Etc Take Someone To Hell fire? / Connie Madubuko Is Dead, Pastor Anslem's Wife / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.