Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications (30999 Views)

Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source / Alimi Sulaiman: Buhari Lacks Educational Qualifications to be President / Buhari Educational Qualifications - PDP Should Consider The Country Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by soggy28(m): 10:08am On Feb 09, 2015
Penssuwa:
The question is no longer on possession of certificate or minimum requirement but that of perjury for lying on oath that his original WAEC result is with the military which has been found to be lie and such is very fundamental.
There we go again....the issue is no longer on school cert but on perjury!!!!! Obviously som of u are jst confused.

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by zizytd(m): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2015
The constitution remains the constitution, so if you wanna change it, become a senator. Most of this pple shouting buhari doesn't have certificate, r pple during their days in nysc camp, they don't even know the governor of their states, they will come here and be forming James Bond.

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by dre11(m): 10:10am On Feb 09, 2015
It is immaterial whether he passed or failed such examination. To succeed, they must also show that he does not possess any higher qualification above the minimum requirement of secondary school certificate. In other words, they must show that all certificates acquired by the General in consequence of his military training at home and abroad, culminating in his rising to the position of a Major General in the Nigerian Army, were certificates below secondary school level or certificate. It is those making these allegations who must prove the allegations against the General. It is not the General who must show that he possesses such qualifications. The law is, ‘He who asserts must prove’.

I just hope those Taniods and GEJ apologist would read the emboldened part and show us the proves that GMB did not have the required qualifications to preside over this country..

And stop ranting that GMB should show them his certificate

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by buba2015: 10:13am On Feb 09, 2015
Buhari has not complied filing his inec form
Buhari lied on oath

5 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by nagoma(m): 10:15am On Feb 09, 2015
eyenibibio:
The pro buharist are at it again. U cant run away 4rm ur past. Buhari has contested 3 presidential elections w/o a certificate, what a shame. Unfortunately, dis time the stakes have turned.
Let us go forward, not backward.
Sai Dr Ebele Johnathan.

You still talking about GEJ? Every sensible person is avoiding him like the plague he is.
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by nellyjohn: 10:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Story story.
GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2015
dunkem21:
March time; Left, right, aka nri, aka ekpe;..

Certificate; Left, Right ..
Perjury; Left; right; aka nri, aka ekpe
Debate; About turn ..

..and a song from the background ..Oh my home, O! maggi ...when shall I see march o ...when shall I see my ..

Forward March ..March..uary

When shall I see Otuoke...I will never forget my home
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by anwo247: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2015
nagoma:

You still talking about GEJ? Every sensible person is avoiding him like the plague he is.

Do you mean that people are avoiding Buhari due to too many controversies and craftinness in providing simple waec certificate?

3 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Danosophe(m): 10:20am On Feb 09, 2015
Working by the premise of what Mr Shittu has said now, it therefore means that: (a) going through school for the purpose of acquiring "CERTIFIED" knowledge with a certificate as proof, is no longer necessary (b) job application should nolonger be by one's qualification as proven by owning a certificate but a mere attendance of any education institution with "PICTURE(s) proof. With all of this that has been said by Mr. "LEGAL PRACTIONER" Shittu, the profession "LAW" is "RUBBISH" and the NIGERIA CONSTITUTION is useless. My submission therefore is that EDUCATION should be scrapped, all forms of education be disallowed-"BOKO HARAM." It therefore means that both you, Mr. Shittu and all other "CERTIFIED" educated people wasted their time going through school...... I ask God for wisdom for Nigeria, Presidenr Goodluck Jonathan and the LAW profession. Never again will "ANY ILLITERATE" and those seeking to use him to embezzle our common wealth rule over me, us and Nigeria again in Jesus' Victorious and Mighty Name... Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by babestella: 10:21am On Feb 09, 2015
torhuke:
what the law implies is that any body who is contesting elections must have a "school certificate". There is no prefix (secondary, primary or tertiary) before the word school certificate so it is even wrong to say school certificate means waec or secondary school leaving certificate. School certificate is not the ONLY issue here because when you write common entrance as a primary 6 student and you are consequently graded and awarded a result it qualifies as "school certificate" same way WAEC, Bsc, LLb, NCE, OND, msc. phd, Hnd, or even a military school diploma certificate or even an Almajiri school leaving certificate will all qualify as "school certificate". We went to Law SCHOOL and we were given a CERTIFICATE in the end after we passed and that is our law "SCHOOL CERTIFICATE".
Now It behoves on the contestant seeking election to tell us that he has something that will qualifies as school certificate. So the law envisaged anything or something that "qualifies as school certificate". The law doesn't want to know how much you have studied or whether you jumped one stage to get to the other, all it requires is a SCHOOL CERTIFICATE. Even the constitution will admit a primary 6 leaving certificate as "SCHOOL CERTIFICATE" just as his military schools certificates "if any" will qualify. Buhari boxed him self to a corner by stating "WAEC" as his own "school certificate" when he has nothing to back up such. If he had told Nigerians via INEC that what he possess is a Primary school certificate and then "tendered a photocopy of same", this whole certificate miasma would not have arisen. If he had also told INEC that what he has is a "military school certificate" and then show us an authentic copy of same, there would be no questions to answer under "the law". Whatever grouse we would have with that will be morally inclined. There is no ambiguity in those sections of the law that talks about certificate of a contestant but Buhari hasn't complied. Consequent upon the amendment of the electoral act 2011 which together with the constitution is the "predicate and base" on which anything concerning elections must stand, and the provision in one of the electoral forms that asks contestants to attach photocopies of whatever "school certificate" they posses, non-compliance by any of the political gladiators seeking elective office is tantamount to putting something (ambition) on nothing. In the instant case, buhari in filling his forms said he posses "WAEC" certificate and rather than attaching a photocopy attached an affidavit. In his affidavit, he didn't say his certificates were burnt, stolen or missing, he said they are with the Military. How can he not have photocopies of his certificates and no originals and he cannot apply to any of the institution he has served or to even Waec for a photocopy or certified true copy.
If anybody can just come up to say I am a lawyer and then he is asked of his "certificate" and he cannot show one, not even a photocopy or certified true copy, that person isn't a lawyer. Now if for instance you are contesting election to be president of Nigeria tomorrow and instead of saying you have higher qualifications like a BL opts to state WAEC or LLB and you attach a copy of any of those certificates, you have passed the legal test or qualification of "school certificate". If you go on to state that you have LL.M and you have nothing to show that you have LL.M, you have boxed your self to a corner like Buhari. BuHari should have stated what he has and then attached a photocopy of such certificate be it military diploma or WAEC or master certificate. Any "SCHOOL CERTIFICATE" of which we can see a copy as evidence would have saved Buhari and Nigeria this embarrassment. The implications of Buharis actions is that he does not have anything that qualifies to be called a "school certificate". If professor Sagay has anyone, let him tender it on behalf of Buhari and let us see and this controversy that is embarrassing Nigeria will stop.
The rules of evidence say that "if it is the evidence of something that can be seen, then someone must be able to say I saw. Any other evidence apart from "I saw" will amount to hearsay. BUhari has not shown INEC and Nigerians anything as his "school certificate" and that is where the problem lies. Have you seen anything that qualifies as a "CERTIFICATE" from Buhari whether from military school or primary school or secondary school or Almajiri school? If no, how do we ascertain that "Buhari" has all the military and professional qualifications given to him by professor Sagay?

Even Though the condescending lowering of the office of the president of Nigeria to the level of "primary school certificate holders" is highly reprehensible and mediocritic, it is still the law and If anything, our constitution is one reason why Nigeria should still be regarded as a "third world country". Buhari has still not been able to comply with these "unlimited mediocrity" provisions in our laws. It is that bad.

Thank you. A firm analysis coming from one simple reasonable, sensible and objective Nigerian on NL. The court will surely and finally put this matter to rest. Soon.
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by babestella: 10:26am On Feb 09, 2015
dre11:

I just hope those Taniods and GEJ apologist would read the emboldened part and show us the proves that GMB did not have the required qualifications to preside over this country..

And stop ranting that GMB should show them his certificate

You are here talking trash when your illiterate cattle herder risk 14 years in prison for forgery and perjury. You must be demented.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by 989900: 10:30am On Feb 09, 2015
koikoi2:
Another APC paid write up.

Rubbish, mcheeew

Buhari show us ur certificate or else.............

Or else what?! Are you so dumb?!
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by watchindelta(m): 10:50am On Feb 09, 2015
But all our politicians are wise guys grin they put WAEC just to favour their selves grin but we the citizens can't use only WAEC result go fine work! grin grin our constitution are only benefits to our politicians not we the citizens cool

3 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by nwaanambra1(m): 10:50am On Feb 09, 2015
tit:
army is not an educational institution.
so they cannot give you any certificate.
produce the certificate from the institutions you attended.
no need for all this dogon turenchi.

Jesus!! shocked shocked shocked

OLODO! I KNOW YOU ARE DAFT BUT I NEVER KNEW ITS THIS LEVEL OF DAFTNESS! cheesy cheesy

well let me educate you - passing thru the Army on its own is an education - starting from your recruitment till retirement! That is why in saner society, you will be automatically given an employment based on prove of evidence that you have been in the military! cool cool

NOW COMING BACK HOME - THE ARMY IS KNOWN TO HAVE THE BEST INSTITUTIONS STARTING FROM NURSERY/PRIMARY (ARMY NURSERY/PRIMARY SCHOOL), SECONDARY(ARMY DAY SECONDARY SCHOOLS, ARMY COLLEGES) AND HIGHER INSTITUTIONS (NIGERIA DEFENSE ACADEMY [NDA], SCHOOL OF STRATEGIC STUDIES AND WAR COLLEGE).

am still trying to figure out how a so-called PHD holder surrounded himself with moronic and deluded individuals that are suppose to be in mental homes! undecided undecided

GMB IS OUR PRESIDENT - A LEADER THAT ATTRACTS INTELLIGENT AND POSITIVE MINDED PEOPLE FROM ACROSS BOARD!

GMB COME RAIN! COME SHINE! cool cool

#MARCH4BUHARI cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by prophetfire: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2015
tit:
block head posing as leaders of tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 09, 2015
Vessi:
Look at this white skin. you had better face issues relating to your own country as we don't give a hoot about you. You don't even have pvc to vote. why worry yourself on something that is never gonna affect your standard of living in your hell hole of a country

Mmmm! Africa for Africans joor, you seem to be pained. Sorry! tongue
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by PhockPhockMan: 11:02am On Feb 09, 2015
omenka:
PDP knows all these and that is why they would rather co-opt one nonentity to file the case in court on their behalf. They know what an embarrassment they would get going to court on the basis of what is available as per evidence and the position of the law.
When the going was good for APC, this comment would've attracted 900 likes from hackers.
How are mighty falling.

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by rummmy: 11:03am On Feb 09, 2015
What is perjury please,I learnt buhari swore an oath that his original cert. Is with the military board which the military denied..before he now said it is with his sch...what hapeened to the oath he swore and sign pls?

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by PhockPhockMan: 11:10am On Feb 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:

But you are blind to see how Fasakin demolish your lie in that same news you posted Smh
Did fashakin offered any fact to the trash he said?

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by azahmed(m): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2015
ZackiGp:

Your foolishness is only next to your ignorance.
As foolish and clueless as d president
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2015
Tonylyte:

Because people will vote buhari out of sympathy we should not allow the law to play it role? I thought u were from botswana? What do u knw about nigeria politics?

Nope, you didn't understand, i think Buhari has enough support already otherwise PDP wouldnt be doing everything in their power to discredit him even to the extent of blackmail INEC to postponing the polls.

The case however is dead on the water for your constitution does not clearly request that you pass or should possessing the certificate. It says you should have attended. Please read your it you might get some wisdom.

The sympathy vote will come at the expense of PDP (conversion vote) or the undecided vote. The risk is too high for PDP and wise strategy team would weigh the risk carefully. Also the fact that someone will loose and if it is the president what his future would look like after getting all down and dirty to win.

Btw, this is international politics, no country is an island and we the world are watching. You cannot gag me, internet is a free media platform. If you don't agree refute my statement with facts.
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Orikinla(m): 11:17am On Feb 09, 2015
[size=18pt]I know someone who did not attend any secondary school, but dd his GCE by private studies, passed all his examinations and got seven credits and went on to gain admission into one of the leading universities and ended up with a PhD later.
Many of the trolls here have not even collected their secondary school certificates since they left school years ago. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 09, 2015
Tonylyte:

Can u imagine that. She wants to discuse issues that are beyond her grasp. Am sure she doesnt knw the educational level of the incumbent president of botswana her country. Such a pry.

Dear I am student of international politics, if you are pained do the needful because I am not going anywhere and you cannot gag me. I doubt if I had said a lie that would pro-jonathan you would have gotten all your nickers into a knot. tongue
Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by dre11(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2015
babestella:

You are here talking trash when your illiterate cattle herder risk 14 years in prison for forgery and perjury. You must be demented.

Have quit talking with people who have needs to be relocated to a zoo like you

Am sure the zoologist would come to your aid when he finished his tenure by May 2015

2 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 09, 2015
adamskutty:
hmmm. Mehn, i am starting to like this babe. grin .

Didn't know u wish well for my dear country as well. We must join hands to kick the burnt skin demon with frog like eyes out of aso rock. grin

What is popping babe? grin

I do, I am an African and if all African countries could have good governance we would not be spending time tearing each other apart on Nl but would be cheering each other up and sharing idea. Those who do not like my comments can find the nearest lagoon and do the needful.

Buhari's is popping Skuty!

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Rilwayne001: 11:28am On Feb 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Did fashakin offered any fact to the trash he said?

Are you blind to read the fact shittu cited? Did Ozekhome offered any fact to the trash he said?

bunch of cretins angry

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 09, 2015
BluIvy:

Mmmm! Africa for Africans joor, you seem to be pained. Sorry! tongue
who said it's African for Africans. Since when? angry angry Better stick to your country. You are inconsequential as you have no PVC.

1 Like

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2015
tit:

I saw where dey wrote in d post that "he who assert must prove". you prove your claim. very simple.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by rileyy(m): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2015
tit:

And are you not "tit", who would expect you to understand that NDA is University equivalent ?. Tits are always very dumb anyways, cunts like you

2 Likes

Re: Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications by jpphilips(m): 11:45am On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=mamajohn post=30558987][/quote]

How about the perjury case against him?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Testing A Microphone At The Commonwealth Meeting (Video) / British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak Congratulates Tinubu / LP Replies Tinubu Over Threat Of Anarchy, Reveals Next Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.