Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) (47413 Views)

The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura / GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by princenonny(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
Y is buhari constantly looking to his left? Seems his aides r giving him answers to the questions

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by dammytosh: 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
tejpot:
wE HAVE HEARD

But this interview is way way better than the interview the clueless one had with Amanpour when he was in Davos. Where he lied that Nigerians have started enjoying 24/7 electricity.

You remember that useless interview ?

You are wicked.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by tonyzaks: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
BBackOurGlory:

[size=20pt]
With him reading the response from the big projector screen in front of him.... let him come out life for open debate... APC damage control will not work. Much of teleprompter than talking from his head.
[/size]
in other words u r impressed and its come out LIVE not life as u put it. the same ppl askin Buhari 4 his certificate

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by doctokwus: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
tonyzaks:

in other words u r impressed and its come out LIVE not life as u put itm the same ppl askin Buhari 4 his certificate
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by dammytosh: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2015

The Neighbouring countries were constraint in their own interest have to enter our territory to secure their territory.

Pathetic.
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by lawyer(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2015
Twice he was asked how he would confront the Security situation and solve the CHIBOK girls issue once and for all and twice he deflected the questions and waffled continuously about the failings of the PDP government. That makes no sense to me. Everybody knows the PDP government have been very slow to act and have failed in that respect but why flog a dead horse when you as a Military man and former head of state cannot proffer better solutions. All I was expecting was for him to say " my government will do so so and so to curb the insurgency" or " I"ll do so so and so to get the CHIBOK girls back ASAP" Finish. He hasn't convinced me that he is better off than GEJ in solving this issue, so he doesn't get my vote in March, rather the IDES OF MARCH would be waiting for him like Caesar.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by mployer(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2015
There is no way this man can be the president of united Nigeria. I smell much evil in his words angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by dammytosh: 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
BBackOurGlory:
With him reading the response from the big projector screen in front of him.... let him come out life for open debate... APC damage control will not work. Much of teleprompter than talking from his head.

Make your stupidity font bigger.

Only an intelligent Leader can use a Tele Prompter effectively.

Obama can not survive any 5 line of speech without a tele prompter.

Can you compare GEJ and GMB on a stage like this ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by doctokwus: 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
If u weren't impressed by d interview, then yours is a lost cause .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by dammytosh: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seun:
I feel bad for GMB. He should be resting at this point in his life. Advising younger leaders, etc. Not running for a job that can kill a young man. The interviewer really made things easy for him by initially asking questions that favoured him and his answers must have been disappointing to international viewers; his anti-corruption efforts won't be as drastic as they expect and his plan for boko haram is ... non-existent. His answer to the questions about his military rule were effective just because he doesn't look like someone people should be afraid of anymore. I feel sad.

Nice but clueless opinion.

So GMB should leave the stage for GEJ as a younger leader.

Just carry your PDP flag and enjoy their adverts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Bawss1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
All these comments from people about how they love Buhari's composure, his gait and the color of his teeth are ridiculous. At one point I was wondering if I was reading from a North Korean forum where citizens are forced to describe Kim Jung-Un in flowerly language or face death. Let's keep it real people, Buhari is not some deity that descended from a holy mountain to liberate our souls, he is a human being like all of us. All the hyperbolic descriptions are nauseating.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Oyinprince(m): 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
tonyzaks:

so na grammar dey worry u,we've had dozens of such fr gej and pet don' u think?
This is not grammar.

He doesn't know this stuffs Imagine

INEC - Independent National( he said Nigeria) Electoral Commission

APC - All Progressives Congress ( He said "All progressive confidence"wink

Now is that grammar or forgetfulness or ignorance?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Doyin2(m): 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
Only a fool would expect a well trained General to openly reveal the DETAILS of how he intended to deal with Boko Haram.I repeat only a fool would expect such.Perhaps Seun was not born when GMB dealt with Maitasene of those days.

A reasonable person would judge GMB by what he had done in the past concerning Insurgency and corruption,rather than by what he could not say ,for obvious reasons..

ACTION speaks louder than mere oratory and words!

A Big shame!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by quickly: 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seun:
I feel bad for GMB. He should be resting at this point in his life. Advising younger leaders, etc. Not running for a job that can kill a young man. The interviewer really made things easy for him by initially asking questions that favoured him and his answers must have been disappointing to international viewers; his anti-corruption efforts won't be as drastic as they expect and his plan for boko haram is ... non-existent. His answer to the questions about his military rule were effective just because he doesn't look like someone people should be afraid of anymore. I feel sad.

Ppl pushing Buhari r doing it for there stomach only. We shall see the outcome

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Oyinprince(m): 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
Doyin2:
It is now very clear that the owner of Nairaland is a compromised fellow.

We now know where he stands,no need for any camouflage and after thought addendum commentary!

What a big shame!

Lol
So because he's the owner of nairaland, he's not free to support his choice or make comments like a member of the forum?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Reallymilky(f): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2015
Jk210:
I must confess I was impressed by the General's gait and composure plus the way he tackled questions thrown at him without resorting to personal attacks on the incumbent administration.

Sure, there was the occasional slip ups with Inec referred to as Independent Nigeria electoral commision as against Independent National electoral commission, APC as All progressives confidence and 6 weeks as 6 months but it was just that; a slip. Perfectly human and perfectly normal....even the lady asking the questions had a slip at a point though she corrected herself.

Seun, can we have this on front page? Folks who had wanted to see the general in a debate would have the opportunity of hearing him speak via this interview.

Cc Lalasticlala Obinoscopy
This is what we call a mature comment.. Good one boss

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by anitank(f): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2015
Very well articulated and composed. He answered every question with such great composure and confidence without direct insults to anybody or party. Very professional! I particularly like the way he tackled the question about giving capital punishments for supposed minor crimes when he was head of state. It's very simple, just like in Malaysia, there's a law surrounding anyone caught with drugs....execution!!!

He may be a dictator like many people say,but maybe that's the kind of leader Nigeria needs now that corruption and insecurity has engulfed our entire system.

Well done GMB! This interview has shown that a man without a certificate can actually be more educated than one with a PhD

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by madan(f): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Iamsynord:
This is Very encouraging..Such Composure and Articulation..Though a few errors of INEC and APC, at least its better than the Clueless one "Stealing is not corruption" and " America will know if money is missing. "
How many people on here 4 buhari ?? Click Like
stealing isnt corruption. Corruption is a bigger word that covers many immoral acts other than stealing. What the President should have done is to explain this extensively. I am sure he isnt telling us to steal, neither is he promoting corruption with this statement. He only wants you to know that corruption has gone beyond just stealing. I am not a politician or a political thug. I only want us to give a deeper meaning to this statement. When a man collects or takes bribe, he is corrupt. When you falsify documents, swear under pretence, forge, use your position for your selfish gain; you are corrupt. If you acquire a driver's licence without due process; yes, you didnt steal but it's corruption. If a government that destroyed traders stalls in the market, later constructed shopping malls for the benefit of a certain group of people;it's corruption. I can go on but I know you are also intelligent and you will see reasons with me. Thanks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by zingywingy: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
My respect for Buhari multiplied today..I was hoping he would apologise for hes dictatorship but rather defends his nationalism of ensuring discipline and protecting the image of Nigerians which is deterred now by GEJ.
But...ur English isnt like FFK and Lai M..better response to question than GEJ to Amanpour

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by StunningCEO: 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
grt guy. very composed, speaks clearly n intelligently wit confidence. dis is my president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Doyin2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2015

We now know where he stands,no need for any camouflage and after thought addendum commentary!

What a big shame!

Only a fool would expect a well trained General to openly reveal the DETAILS of how he intended to deal with Boko Haram.I repeat only a fool would expect such.Perhaps Seun was not born when GMB dealt with Maitasene of those days.

Sometimes ,I just wonder how people reason?

So GMB should reveal his Security strategy on Al-jazeera??

A reasonable person would judge GMB by what he had done in the past concerning Insurgency and corruption,rather than by what he could not say ,for obvious reasons..

ACTION speaks louder than deceitful oratory and words!

I am totally disappointing in Seun for his commentary.It's a monumental shame!

No wonder we have more of anti GMB(pro-GEJ) posts on Nairaland front page.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by visalo: 2:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
PUSH1:
That's my general talking. Unlike Gej that can't make a simple English sentence not to talk of confidently explaining the issues of the country in details. There is no sincerity in Gej speeches. If he doesn't hold a paper, forget about it. He's dumb.

You are like a sinking boat. GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
If the presenter should score Buhari. Buhari cannot get pass mark.
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Seun(m): 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
Demdem:
Continue to deceive urself......... Mtcheew.
najoke:

You are kidding right?........are you sure you want to go down that memory lane again?
Bros, always think well well before you type o!.......my 2 cent.
It's difficult for liars to believe that other people are not liars. GMB is attractive if he will fight corruption and crush Boko Haram but his attitude towards democracy and freedom of media isn't encouraging. GEJ seems to be a liberal, democratic guy but he expects us to accept big failures.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by ellechrystal(f): 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seun:
God bless u. D man looks too old n frail for all I care, bad pronunciation, bad choice of words, inability to give d real meanings of abbreviations, , Haa! ! He should rethink .
Really sad.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by msmon(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
Objectivity at it's peak!

Seun:

It's difficult for liars to believe that other people are not liars. GMB is attractive if he will fight corruption and crush Boko Haram but his attitude towards democracy and freedom of media isn't encouraging. GEJ seems to be a liberal, democratic guy but he expects us to accept big failures.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by An0nimus: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
madan:
stealing isnt corruption. Corruption is a bigger word that covers many immoral acts other than stealing. What the President should have done is to explain this extensively. I am sure he isnt telling us to steal, neither is he promoting corruption with this statement. He only wants you to know that corruption has gone beyond just stealing. I am not a politician or a political thug. I only want us to give a deeper meaning to this statement. When a man collects or takes bribe, he is corrupt. When you falsify documents, swear under pretence, forge, use your position for your selfish gain; you are corrupt. If you acquire a driver's licence without due process; yes, you didnt steal but it's corruption. If a government that destroyed traders stalls in the market, later constructed shopping malls for the benefit of a certain group of people;it's corruption. I can go on but I know you are also intelligent and you will see reasons with me. Thanks.
Your first two sentences don't agree. Is stealing morally right?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ahmeduana:

THANKS VERY MUCH, I THOUGHT AM THE ONLY PERSON THAT WAS TAKEN NOTES OF HIS BODY LANGUAGE, TOWARDS THE ENDS OF THE INTERVIEW HE CLOSE HIS EYES AS IF IS DOSSING OR FALLING INTO SLUMBER.
even your sentences are with faults.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Doyin2(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2015

What a big shame!

Sometimes ,I just wonder how people reason?

So GMB should reveal his Security strategy on Al-jazeera??

However,my prayer is that we would not need to fight Boko Haram again, after six weeks .But we would still need to fight the canker worm called corruption!

The fight against corruption should start from the very top,via leadership by example. GMB has demonstrated enough of character and leadership concerning the capacity to fight against corruption.I do not need any interview or debate to be further convinced about GMB's capacity to deal with corruption.

ACTION speaks louder than deceitful oratory and words!

I am totally disappointing in Seun for his commentary.It's a monumental shame!

No wonder we have more of anti GMB(pro-GEJ) posts on Nairaland front page.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by najoke: 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seun:

It's difficult for liars to believe that other people are not liars.

If we put up your anti-GMB comment which proves that this your comment "I am not a member of any team" is false...........does it mean the above apply to you too i.e you are a LIAR!!!

As earlier pointed out.......Seun, think well well before you comment

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by 30pence: 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
mustaphagreens:
You must be a pathetic and hopeless and clueless and silly and inept liar. Did you actually watch the video?? This is what too much online viewing of mojo can do to your brain, it obscures your judgement. Nowhere in that video did buhari appear frail nor was he slow to answer any question. His replies were apt and intelligent and his demeanor so confident one could easily tell the general meant business. Please close that pit and stop spreading falsehood.

Guy, you stink.
Freedom of speech might be for all, but i think you just abused that right.
U talk as if u can beat the person in a secluded environment.

CHANGE SHOULD START WITH YOU!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One / How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) / Gov Adeleke Inspects Osun House In Abuja abandoned for 12 years by APC (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.