Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? (36462 Views)

The Ringing Of Coup Bells And A Cause For Deep Concern - FFK / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / Confusion: DSS Charges Nnamdi Kanu For Treasonable Felony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by makazona(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2015
but OBJ said he wont talk until after d election...alas,he cant keep his own words

SMH

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by adeleyesodade(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2015
[You are a fooooooooooooool]Over buhari there will not be coup.

His fellow northerners tried to kill buhari.

Nobody is overthrowing anybody over buhari or osibanjo losing election.

Buhari/osibanjo can only win the north, like buhari /bakare..

If you look at the picture, you will see buhari supporters reduced compare to 2011, when he had large support

[/quote]
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by anonimi: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by AreaFada2: 10:08am On Feb 11, 2015
If they want to overthrow, let them. The North have always done that. It is everybody who will suffer for it.
They like power for the sake of it, not to better the lives of their talakawas.

The North have frequently cut off their nose to spite their face, like they are doing with Boko Haram.

Now that there might be a good chance of defeating Boko, Northern coup is possible.

It tallies with their born-to-rule, by fire by force jihadi mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by criminalmindz: 10:08am On Feb 11, 2015
SHUT UP YOU SILLY OLD MAN. YOUR IRRELEVANT THATS WHY YOUR BITTER

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by tommykiwi(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2015
OBJ should go and rest,Thief-Nubu and FailBuhari you guys r justing ur time for nothing...Our presido(GEJ) will definitely retain is Office come March 2015....And my liitle advice goes to my xtian Brothers n Sisters from what we residing in the North are seeing,dis Northerners r too glue to their religion...So if U think voting in Failbuhari as ur president please sit down and re-think this again..No matter what let's vote in GEJ,let's give him another chance! God bless GEJ, God bless peace loving Nigerians....All we need is peace not Destruction!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by OLADD: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2015
With unfolding events and reckless statements from senile "statesmen" in recent time, I forsee OBJ going back to prison once again, but unlike how it played out in 1998, he wouldn't come out to become president. OBJ's ignominious end is at hand.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by brainpower(m): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2015
OBJ is a frustrated old man that wants to cling to power by all means. You get to a point in your life and when you look back and have achieved everything you can, as a good man you start giving back to the society but as a bad man like he is, he starts causing mayhem. One thing is certain, 2015 is pregnant and a lot will be revealed. They have ganged up against GEJ but we shall see. The US should be ready to carry the aftermath of what they are causing in this country. Its either GEJ comes back as president or we start afresh with fresh leaders who don't have any links with the past and present crop of leaders from Federal to Local govt level. And in addition, all the present crop of politicians will all go to jail or return everything they have stolen and sign an undertaking that they won't involve themselves in politics again. But as long as people like Buhari, Obj, IBB, tony aneni, adams, fashola, tinubu, amaechi, TY danjuma, name them, as long as they still involved in politics, GEJ must return. You cry change cos its either you are benefitting from them or you have never lived in the Niger delta and don't know the history of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by criminalmindz: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2015
IF A COUP EVER HAPPENS, WE WILL TAKE OUR OIL AND GO OUR WAY. SATANIC OBJ , YOUR END IS NEAR.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2015
musiwa97:
My brother.. Me too wonder why, several times. They give him, I think they do it, to piss of Nigerian.

Now he is irrelevant. When he was traveling state to state last 4 years for campaign with GEJ; u people where happy and singing praises for OBJ. calling him the baba.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by whytfaz(m): 10:10am On Feb 11, 2015
musiwa97:
Over buhari there will not be coup.

His fellow northerners tried to kill buhari.

Nobody is overthrowing anybody over buhari or osibanjo losing election.

Buhari/osibanjo can only win the north, like buhari /bakare..

If you look at the picture, you will see buhari supporters reduced compare to 2011, when he had large support

I am in Lagos but I am voting for him, Goodbye to cluelessness
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by zed24: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2015
So obj is still alive. His plans will never work .old idiot

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by criminalmindz: 10:11am On Feb 11, 2015
brainpower:
OBJ is a frustrated old man that wants to cling to power by all means. You get to a point in your life and when you look back and have achieved everything you can, as a good man you start giving back to the society but as a bad man like he is, he starts causing mayhem. One thing is certain, 2015 is pregnant and a lot will be revealed. They have ganged up against GEJ but we shall see. The US should be ready to carry the aftermath of what they are causing in this country. Its either GEJ comes back as president or we start afresh with fresh leaders who don't have any links with the past and present crop of leaders from Federal to Local govt level. And in addition, all the present crop of politicians will all go to jail or return everything they have stolen and sign an undertaking that they won't involve themselves in politics again. But as long as people like Buhari, Obj, IBB, tony aneni, adams, fashola, tinubu, amaechi, TY danjuma, name them, as long as they still involved in politics, GEJ must return. You cry change cos its either you are benefitting from them or you have never lived in the Niger delta and don't know the history of Nigeria.
*IN PA JAMES VOICE; MY BROTHER U GET SENSE WELL WELL

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 100Cents: 10:11am On Feb 11, 2015
free2ryhme:
For you to win election in nigeria, you must be widely accepted across the land I.e. fulani, ijaw, hausa, ibo, yoruba, kanuri, nupe, ibibio etc.ijaw and ibo cannot win a federal election alone, even if obj endorses gej, he simply cannot win the election, there is no way for progress than a free and fair election, the journey to enduring progress begin with a vibrant democrazy.gej has be rejected by the majority, attempt by the minority like you to forced him on the majority is the beginning of trouble.i hope gej learned from history and simply give nigerians a free and fair election, history will be very kind to him for that.

How many free and fair elections did Obasanjo conduct in 2007 and 2011 ? Yet he keeps prancing and talking to himself like a mental patient over another mans office and business ?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by delishpot: 10:12am On Feb 11, 2015
Wasnt it this sameOBJ that stood behind GEJ? Now he is behind Buhari? If I vote in buhari, it will be because I want to not beacuse OBJ said he is good.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 100Cents: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2015
brainpower:

Well said. Tell them..

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by free2ryhme: 10:14am On Feb 11, 2015
100Cents:

How many free and fair elections did Obasanjo conduct in 2007 and 2011 ? Yet he keeps prancing and talking to himself like a mental patient over another mans office and business ?

the issue here is not obasanjo but jonathan so please don't derail
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by criminalmindz: 10:15am On Feb 11, 2015
I WONT BE SURPRISED IF OBJ IS ONE OF THE SPONSORS OF BOKO HARAM . THIS STATEMENT ARES TREASONABLE STATEMENTS AND UNCALLED FOR.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by uzolexis(f): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2015
Old fool, he's acting like a saint now. Still wants 2 maintain political relevance, i'm not a GEJ fan but it gets me mad when Obj talks like he was he saint during his time when we all know he was a theif n a bully sad angry sad angry

If anyone should say anything it should not be Obj, he's a big part n cause of d problems we have in Nig 2day, someone that wanted a 3rd term...mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 11, 2015
criminalmindz:
IF A COUP EVER HAPPENS, WE WILL TAKE OUR OIL AND GO OUR WAY. SATANIC OBJ , YOUR END IS NEAR.

Oil oil oil, you can drink the oil.
Have you ever think of food you eat? have you ever think about the beef, goat and other agricultural produce that come from other region to Niger- Delta?
Have you ever think about where pkopko-garri u eat come from? Barbados is the most successful black nation on earth yet they dont have oil but mere sugar cane.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by zed24: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2015
Buhari should go n register 4 WAEC now n complete his education den come back 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Collynzo9: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2015
Coup cannot work in Nigeria today, the head of state will only rule the part of the country where he comes from. Even if a group of soldiers from all tribes in Nigeria carry out the coup, it won't work.
It just can't work.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by jackymfon: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2015
Baba sorry to say but the only word that describes you is a scam artist... You are a master at playing dirty games without realizing you are toying the destiny of 160million people, God gave you the chance to rule this country two times, did you make any difference, No! Instead na you be petroleum minister, na you dey find third term.... The fact that even your children hate you tells the story of your true nature...

You had the opportunity to give us a true world changer like Donald Duke but you gave us Jonathan and rigged them into power now you have the mouth to talk about coup.. Be it upon you and your generation not this country...... I know you have an agenda becos you always do but this time you will faill fail woefully...

I don't like Jonathan becos I think he had the opportunity to make a change but did nothing but Buhari is not a better option.... I wish all these old cargoes could just disappear let the young people of this country take over and give the much needed change...

Am so angry at Baba this morning....

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Keegan: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vaption-former-president-olusegun-obasanjo/201562/

He expressed the view that Buhari would be well equipped to combat corruption and restore the fighting spirit to an army that has struggled in the face of the onslaught by Boko Haram, which has seized a swath of territory in the North-east.

“It’s a question of leadership — political and military,” Obasanjo said of the crisis facing the army.

“I think you need to ask (Jonathan) how has he let (the army) go to this extent… Many things went wrong: recruitment went wrong; training went wrong; morale went down; motivation not there; corruption was deeply ingrained; welfare was bad.”

The former leader also expressed dismay at the extent to which billions of dollars in oil revenues had “all disappeared” since he left office, when reserves had reached $45 billion and the government had $20bn more in rainy day savings (Excess Crude Account).

Speaking ironically of the negative impact on tumbling oil prices on government reserves, Obasanjo added: “There’ll be less in the pot, for stealing or corruption.”

In a related development, Buhari has asked Jonathan and the PDP to come clean on the speculations in the public domain that there are plans by his government to scuttle elections and impose an interim government on the country.

A statement from the Buhari Presidential Organisation also decried what it termed embedded vested interests and sinister motives behind the postponement of the polls, warning that Jonathan should open up in order to avert unrest and possible civil disobedience that could scuttle the country’s hard-earned democracy.

The statement issued yesterday on behalf of Buhari by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APC Campaign Council, Malam Garba Shehu, frowned on the unholy alliance between the Jonathan government, the PDP and the military for the purpose of subverting the franchise of the people in the rescheduled presidential and other elections on March 28 and April 11, respectively.

“If the witch cried in the night and the baby died in the morning, it would not be a mere coincidence. Hence, the body of civilised and democratic people around the world believes that the security excuse used by this unpopular government to prolong the polls is untrue and pretentious.

“What type of democracy allows compromising security chiefs to determine when elections would hold or not? Now, the National Security Adviser (NSA) has become the megaphone for this government.

“He went to Chatham House in the UK to call for election postponement which he has now obtained. Next, he claims he would crush Boko Haram within six weeks. What if he can’t, will there be a further excuse to extend the elections and create a constitutional impasse? Nigerians are no fools and nobody can pull soiled cotton over our eyes anymore.

“We are inundated with information as to how this government wants to tamper with due process by discrediting INEC and even sack its chairman, raise false alarms, rig the elections with military connivance and eventually scuttle democracy, replacing it with an interim government.

“For all we know and can see, the contraption of an interim government has no place in the constitution as former President Obasanjo said on BBC Monday night.

“President Jonathan must come clean on these allegations. He is the Commander-in-Chief, and not the NSA. Hence he must, as a matter of urgency, speak to the nation and the world on these salient allegations.

RE: NIGER DELTA READY FOR WAR!!!
You are free to share
Forwarded as received
I was in conversation with a United
Nation official yesterday and we were
talking about the acquisition of
warships by ethnic militant Tompolo,
in a country were our brave soldiers
are being starved off equipment. He
told me point blank that in every
major conflict he has assessed or
being involved in as a UN official it all
started with one fellow choosing to
ARM an ETHNIC MILITIA as against
the national army of the country,
sometimes deliberately depleting the
army before the violence starts.
I first got reports of Niger Delta
militant Asari Dokubo buying military
helicopters and hardware from
diplomatic intelligence sources about
2 years ago. Shortly after that he was
arrested in Benin Republic but
released upon the intervention of our
government. What I can see is very
clear, JONATHAN is leading an effort
to create an alternate military force in
the Niger Delta to force the hands of
the generality of NIGERIANS when the
time comes. How else can one explain
Tompolo a man once declared
wanted for killing our soldiers now
effectively taking over the duties of
our navy?
Where is all the money coming from?
Do you think the arms are being
bought for boat parade or regatta?
No they are to kill NIGERIANS.
JONATHAN has never been able to
rise to fill the position of the
NIGERIAN Presidency, he acts like an
ethnic war lord and at the rate he is
going he is going to push us into the
path of Liberian and Sierra Leone,
while silly people are busy cheering
him on.
I have taken it upon myself to write a
letter of complaint and warning to the
United Nations Secretary General to
pay attention to what JONATHAN and
his cohorts are doing in Nigeria,
seemingly pushing the country closer
to a violent ethnic crisis.
This crisis would consume the entire
African continent if not checked.
This morning I received this in my in
box, and I couldn't help but shudder
that we are dealing with really
devious human beings who have
mistakenly found themselves in
power. Their attitude and body
language says it all:
"I'm really amused that we are all
screaming murder years after the
deed was done? It's well over 3 years
that I have been screaming the
overall plans and strategies of the
south-south vs the behemoth Nigeria,
i.e, their eventual emancipation! For
the sake of many who have not read
or few who have taken these posts as
scare mongering by Oyenuga Lanre
Paul, I'll re summarise them here. To
free their region of the shackles of
endless exploitation and domination
by the rest of Nigeria, the south-south
decided as follow:
1). Cripple the Nigerian Army's
capacities to engage in sustained
warfare: thus the encouragement of
BH and decimation of the army's
hardware and personnel.
2). Ensure Nigeria is economically
destitute and unable to spend on
warfare: thus the unprecedented
looting of the treasury, resulting in
our current vulnerability. Okonjo
Iweala is not 'coordinating' for
nothing.

3). Is the military takeover of our
coastal waters by the south-south,
which is what the coastal waterways
protection contract with Government
Tompolo was designed to guarantee.
Let no one be deceived, less than
0.5% of our military, (including naval
and air force) personnel can swim in
an 8 foot deep pool, not to mention a
river or coastal waters. Thus, how do
you engage these toughened militia in
their coastal waters, when we couldn't
tackle BH in plain view?
4th). Is the intense frustrations of the
oil producing companies by the south
southerners nouveau-riche to hand
over the onshore production bases to
them by forced sale or outright
disruption of their operations. As we
chat here, 70% of the onshore
operations have been sold off by the
major players like shell, Mobil, etc.
As well as the training of ex militants
as pilots under amnesty Anyone
doubting my claims of warning about
these can browse through my
timeline.
IF THE SOUTH-SOUTH PULLS OUT
TODAY, WE ARE SITTING DUCKS! The
South-East are tagging along with the
south-south, for obvious reasons and
I don't blame them!
The choice of Buhari is due to these
calculations by our rulers in the
South-West and the core North.
Unless I'm paranoid, we have a scary
situation ahead. I moved my family
out as far back as 2011, based on this
concerns.
GEJ will very likely lose the elections
in 2015, but the south-south will keep
their oil. Can we afford a war with a
region sitting on oil? Do we have a
military capable of delivering our
goal? Would it not be cheaper to
renegotiate our federation?
Or, would it be another Rehoboamic
declaration of "To your tents o
Israel"? GEJ ain't clueless, he's merely
troubled by the plots he's a key
player in?
Viva Le Nigeria'.."!
It's from Oyenuga Lanre Paul
By Oyenuga Lanre Paul
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by victors123: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2015
It's possible they can do it a militry man will all ways be a militry gallant but jona fuckup it's dose nt have militry orientation at all even corruption is too much a ba jona is gud person but those ppl that did govt wif him are thieves!!! Even I they. Wonder corruption will reduce under buhari let hope because thieves are nw dcamp to APC but Jona & Buhari are nt better option just we need change that why we are shuting Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by flexing11(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2015
J12:
Why would the media keep on giving this demon the relevance he seeks?
biggest mumu,
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by criminalmindz: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2015
OBJ IS A SLAVE TO THE NORTH. HE JUST WORRIED AND BITTER GEJ HAS SCATTERED ALL THOSE QUOTA AND ARRANGEMENT THE NORTH HAVE BEEN USING TO MILK THE COUNTRY. LET US ALL RISE AND PRAY TO GOD TO GUIDE,PROTECT. GIVE OUR AMIABLE PRESIDENT THE COURAGE TO RULE NIGERIA. LETS US PRAY AGAINST DARK FORCES LIKE OBJ THAT THIS WEEK GOD WILL REMOVE THEM AND OTHER STUMBLING BLOCKS.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 3Xbrain(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=koikoi2 post=30619745]Wetin OBJ endorse Buhari or not, Jonathan will still win d election.

There will be no coup in this, so baba shud just seal his big mouth and settle his family problems.

GEJ til 2019

You don Mara!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by AreaFada2: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2015
As much as I despise OBJ for being an egomaniac, who cannot let other people shine, who cannot shot his gob as an old man that has had more luck, golden opportunities and fortune than his abilities & cleverness deserve, he is one person who knows how the mind of Northerners work. He has always been in league with them. So one should read in between the lines.

OBJ is tacitly supporting a coup, in unison with certain Northern leaders/retired officers. Abacha would have picked him up by now and lock up in a dungeon.

GEJ being a minority tribe person, all knowing that our country runs on sentiment, tribalism & bigotry, they know certain leaders from certain tribes are sacred cows. So they can spew all kind of rubbish.
OBJ is saying all the things he would not have tolerated from others when he was president.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 100Cents: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2015
Nikky4izuu:
Obasanjo has no moral justification to talk about this government n credible elections. We all know how he wrote results during his own time. He should stop making noise n allow us rest.

He is such a shameless man who keeps talking without shutting his mouth at least for sake of self respect.

Was this how IBB or Abdulsalami interfered with his government ?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by dharamanil(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2015
Obasanjo, GEJ, Buhari and all them leaders, past leaders and wanna be leaders has contributed nothing to my life @all...

I need change but am yet to see who is worth my vote. Jonathan has done nothing that has affected me directly, all I keep hearing and seeing is what I would refer to as television development undecided... But the set of politicians that annoys me most are those the call the progressives, I would have felt buhari is good option but the thieves and criminals behind him makes me hate and I mean real hate that APC.. Left for me, I would have suggested

Buhari,Tinubu,Jonathan,Obasanjo,Amechi, kwankwoso, Tambuwal, FFK and many more of them should chased out of Nigeria and made to through lots of investigation before coming back...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports / #EndSARS: Omoyele Sowore, Deji Adeyanju, Aisha Yesufu Lead Protest In Abuja / Govenor Wike Hands Over 16 SUVs To National Assembly Members (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.