Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram (40875 Views)

Many Killed, Several Injured As Nigerian Troops, Storm Boko Haram Market (Pix) / Soldier Carrying Sand After Kiling Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest(pic / Troops Comb Sambisa Forest, Hunt Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by OKDnigeria: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
A detachment of the Nigerian military has stormed the Sambisa Forest in Borno State to dislodge members of the violent sect, Boko Haram, who are believed to have used the forest as their stronghold, from where they unleash their terrorist activities.

Sambisa Forest was once believed to be the most feared hideout of the militants, where over 200 schoolgirls, who were abducted from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, on April 14, 2014, were held captive.

Military sources told our correspondent on Wednesday that “troops have commenced a major operation in Sambisa to clean the forest of terrorists.”

The source did not, however, specify how many of the militants had been captured, but said the “insurgents will be flushed out soon.”

www.punchng.com/news/troops-comb-sambisa-forest-hunt-boko-haram-fighters/

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Kennywills7(m): 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice move by d NA

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Chukwu94: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Good one boys.. The Lord is ur strength

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
that operation started since lastweek...it is now the nigerian press reported it...chai...no PR to show whats going on as of this report the town before sambissa, gwoza is littered with dead insurgents...their have been drone attacks and air bombardment by the nigerian airforce...the army is clearing sambissa...boko haram are loosing more against nigeria forces than against the other countries joined together fighting...did u folks see shekau new video...no more apc both hilux van..that is to show you they have been loosing fore front against us that is why ull hear all this countries are on their knees begging France for help....gamboru is a town occupied by chad boko haram overran them within hours...come on guys respect our own...most of this boko guys are running into chad niger and cameroon...as at present nigeria is too hot for them

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by pring: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
Is this a calculated attempt?
After 6yrs.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by KanwuliaJara: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice move GEJ! grin
Send the damn troops to the evil FOREST!
Dem nor fit plot coup with OBJ and APRIL FOOL BUHARI!!!! grin

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by hazyfm1: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
KEEP IT UP WEST AFRICAN ARMY

WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by temitemi1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
God bless our soldiers!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by blasterman(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
U know boko haram ppl especially there video up loaders and media wing dey here.

They have supporters who r children of the rich. Just like mutollab

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by ITbomb(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ever since the drones arrived to provide air cover, the military have been going deeper into the forest. I hope Boko saboteurs in the military do not crash the drone during operation.

Sai GEJ

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by shortgun(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
Good one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by appini: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by stebell(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
Oh! I love this news.
Soon the "abducted" girls wud be freed and madam Oby, the twitter champion wud hav nothing to tweet about.

I can see Janjaweeeds viewing this lovely thread without saying shit.

Kudos NA
Kudos GEJ
Kudos to whoever brought the idea of election shift.

Naija, our country, must remain Great.

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
Victory is ours!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by kay1one2(m): 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Let them go with holy water as well! Those boys must be into some "juju" as well!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by georgecso(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
"Karma is not blind destiny or divine judgment, but is the principle the describes the natural reverberation that emerges from every action, whether that action is physical, emotion, mental, or spiritual. Suffering and pain are not punishment from a tyrant God, nor are they “normal” or mere “coincidence.” When we truly understand the law of action and consequence, we can see that our life is a result of our own moment to moment ignorance of the effects of our actions. We create our own suffering, therefore, we can create our own happiness instead, if we know how. No matter what religion or background we come from, through conscious action from moment to moment, we can originate a new set of causes, which in turn will generate a new set of results. This is how we can revolutionize our life. The power to change is in our hands" ~Nikias Annas

Come March 28th, 2015.. I am going out to cast my vote not for APC but for change this dear country is yearning for. The destiny of our country cannot be decided buy few criminals and cronies who are bent on imposing whoever they feel like. Nigerians lets cast our vote peacefully on that day and prove to the world that change is in our hands and not in the hands of few cronies. If after four years the change we desired so much is not forthcoming we can equally boot them out and choose credible leaders that will lead us.

#March4Buhari/Osinbanjo

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by mekadinho(f): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
BUHARI LOSING HIS FOOT SOIDERS... QUOTE ME AND .......

29 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by mekadinho(f): 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
BUHARI LOSING HIS FOOT SOIDERS... QUOTE ME AND ....... And get thunderous blessings..

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by ahaz: 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
asuoka:
that operation started since lastweek...it is now the nigerian press reported it...chai...no PR to show whats going on
tinubus papers will nt report buhari boys retreatng or being hunted lyk squrrels.haba!do you want tinubu to lose his proposed oil wells?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
hazyfm1:
KEEP IT UP WEST AFRICAN ARMY

WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU
You are an agent of darkness.
Kudos to Gallant Nigerian soldiers.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by hazyfm1: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
masterpower:

I and my fore fathers are agent of darkness.
Kudos to Gallant Nigerian soldiers.

noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by hazyfm1: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
Rextayne:
Kill the bastards all, no mercy.

Click like for GMB
Click share for GEJ.

If GEJ ends Boko haram and release those innocent girls before the Election he has my vote
If not, my conscience will judge me if i vote for him, Those innocent girls in captivity for 302days won't forgive me either

I wish he took this bold step earlier, But its better late than Never

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by awodman: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
This is why our new found partnership with our neighbors is very important.As these mofos are pounded by our gallant military,they'll either run towards Chad,Cameroun,Niger or to IDP camps.....Any which way they will simply run into the waiting arms of Chadian,Camerounian,Nigerien or Nigerian Army...

Kill them all

#VictoryToNigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hunt those Buhari boys down!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by naijainfogalery: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
The Govt using the military/human lives to play politics. this should have been done long time ago. Nice move finally,. i just hope the curtain these idiots called BH .

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by emeka2847: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by oneeast: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
Buhari will not be happy with this news because NA has stormed Sambisa forest to route his members.. cool

28 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by Ovie56(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kill them all

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by AmakaDNB(f): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Good.
Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by lordmayor2013(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Do GEJ thinks we are fools? Even if they find the missing girls we won't vote for him. #March4Buhari

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram by emeka2847: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
hazyfm1:

If GEJ ends Boko haram and release those innocent girls before the Election he has my vote
If not, my conscience will judge me if i vote for him, Those innocent girls in captivity for 302days won't forgive me either

I wish he took this bold step earlier, But its better late than Never
I'll say well done. But I'll also ask why he left the to suffer for 302 days, until he saw electoral defeat.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Approves N400bn For Workers’ Salaries / The True State Of Apapa Wharf Road (photos And Video) / Bashir El-rufai Blasts New York Times For Mocking Buhari's 2nd Term Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.