Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice (855 Views)

Please! I Need Your Help And Advice, Im Confused,sad And Downcast.. / I'm New Here,but Very Very Naughty / I'm New Here...who Will Be My First Nairaland Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by RomanceLander(f): 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hello I'm new on this forum and I've admired so many things here which warranted my joining . One them being getting help.

So, my younger brother is a football addict, I mean to the core... which isn't bad shaaa. But he started getting on my nerves when he started trying to transfer it to my mum.
He's always betting football games and quote me 'he gets his fortune almost every time' .Hardly does he lose a prediction.
Now I overheard him discussing his fortunes with my mum and she seems interested..... I chipped in and started countering his points proving to him that betting is gambling and dirty and that he's allowed to go on with it since he doesn't want to get some piece if advice from me, but what I won't have is he introducing my mum into it.

Well I tried but I wasn't good enough to backup my claims .... I just know within me that my spirit hates that thing ... I just don't know why.

Imagine my shock when I came back from school yesterday to find out my brother has placed a bet of 9wins for my mum. Yesterday night two of the games clicked in positively remaining 5. And the money involved is big enough (don't want to mention amount) .

Supposing she wins the remaining 5, I fear this will never stop.
Please someone help me out , I'm scared seriously..... if I can just talk her out of this I'll be glad.

I NEED URGENT HELP FROM NAIRALANDERS PLEEEASEEE

This is me calling for help from my fellow romancelanders and Nairalanders at large! sad
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by RomanceLander(f): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
your view and advice are very much appreciated...
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by Kennywills7(m): 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
D addiction of betting/gambling is a strong one
so i believe d only thing u can do now is to continue talking to her and to ur bro make him understand putting ur mum in dat line is not healthy for d family
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by 2dice(m): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
Damn
this is so Romantic coming from a Romancelander..
Waiting for dem guys to advice
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
There's nothing you can do now, until she loses the money.
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
pray she loses the remaining five, if you are that bothered. How about paale's view on the matter?
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by RomanceLander(f): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2015
2dice:
Damn
this is so Romantic coming from a Romancelander..
Waiting for dem guys to advice

LOLs donno if you're referring to my moniker or my membership at the BOLDED grin
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
RomanceLander:
Hello I'm new on this forum and I've admired so many things here which warranted my joining . One them being getting help.

So, my younger brother is a football addict, I mean to the core... which isn't bad shaaa. But he started getting on my nerves when he started trying to transfer it to my mum.
He's always betting football games and quote me 'he gets his fortune almost every time' .Hardly does he lose a prediction.
Now I overheard him discussing his fortunes with my mum and she seems interested..... I chipped in and started countering his points proving to him that betting is gambling and dirty and that he's allowed to go on with it since he doesn't want to get some piece if advice from me, but what I won't have is he introducing my mum into it.

Well I tried but I wasn't good enough to backup my claims .... I just know within me that my spirit hates that thing ... I just don't know why.

Imagine my shock when I came back from school yesterday to find out my brother has placed a bet of 9wins for my mum. Yesterday night two of the games clicked in positively remaining 5. And the money involved is big enough (don't want to mention amount) .

Supposing she wins the remaining 5, I fear this will never stop.
Please someone help me out , I'm scared seriously..... if I can just talk her out of this I'll be glad.

I NEED URGENT HELP FROM NAIRALANDERS PLEEEASEEE

This is me calling for help from my fellow romancelanders and Nairalanders at large! sad

Not an expert

But the links below might be of some use

Link here

Link 2 here
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by dguizman(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
It is called punting,not gambling...by the way,d little boy just dey try him luck ni.
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
Bad habbit.tell ur dad or your pastor
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
Tell your daddy, your elder sisters and brothers... Tell her and your brother to stop... Tell her to stop giving any money to your brother
Betting is as a result of stark greed from the pit of hell.
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by jamex93(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
trying to stop some one who is addicted to gambling, with out his intrest to stop is a very hard task....

I will advise u to try convince him into seeing the bad part of gambling.... because the only way he can stop gambling is if he is convinced that gambling is bad and he sees the negative effect of gambling....

talking from experience.
Re: I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice by farano(f): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2015

(1)

My Nairaland Lovers / Wow....mothers Love Is The Greatest...pix / OUESTION/TRUE STORY- HIV/STDS - Which Is Safer? Regular People Vs Prostitutes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.