Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

"Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! (2969197 Views)

Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise / Derailer's thread: the last person to comment wins / Hfinest1 Chat Paradise (bar/lounge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) ... (2568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

Lagos as usual is bubbling & lively..
the temp is favourable as well..

striking a balance makes one an average student.. you have to dedicate your time & energy into one.

anyway, I still count myself lucky,cos I wasn't really into chat sites like NL & Facebook while I was still in school..

willpower is a muscle that you have to exercise daily to the point that you would have over 100 mentions on NL, but instead of checking em' out, you would decide to ditch your phone for your textbooks...

so I guess you have to start from somewhere..
Oshodi like Rome wasn't built in a day grin

I don't know
maybe because the cute chicks aren't into science grin

yes I do...it keeps me preoccupied plus it's a place of learning & my position in the establishment gives me time to research & study..
I'm monitoring one of our schools ..but it's temporary

You know, about 3 or 4 years ago I had a concentration span of steel. I could read for hours on end and I did no exercise whatsoever. So im pretty sure I could get it back. I just need a break
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
thanks i will, uve got any idea if THE EVENT season 2 will still be out?

hehe..a series that premiered in 2010/2011 & has not had any sequel since then, & you are still waiting for season 2?
Oyo lo wa grin
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by redgem(f): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
TrapLORD:
If i lie make i bend grin. Imma very bad dancer embarassed

Lol...... Who bestowed you with the agnomen?
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

hehe..a series that premiered in 2010/2011 & has not had any sequel since then, & you are still waiting for season 2?
Oyo lo wa grin
lol dnt blame me na!! it was my favourite series, im still hoping for d 3rd season Of seeker. "lol
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
lol dnt blame me na!! it was my favourite series, im still hoping for d 3rd season Of seeker. "lol

legend of the seeker has also been cancelled & I was really feeling it

Series like that made more sense than 'Smallville' that had 10 lengthy seasons of monumental garbage
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

legend of the seeker has also been cancelled...
why is it dat its only interesting and block buster series that are cancled? merlin too cancle, spartacus cancle, Zena cancle, Atlantis cancle, 24 cancle.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

being a recluse is also a sociopathic behaviour

there are advantages that come with being a sociopath though

•you don't have to deal with remorse
•You can often get your own way.
•you can manipulate people with relative ease

I mean, the ability to do fÜckever you want without feelings of guilt, remorse or empathy...what freedom!

of course the disadvantages outweighs its merits, but we live in a wicked world & it's survival of the fittest...

but to be honest I enjoy reclusion & the lifestyle of a Caloyer... or as the Japanese tag it - Hikikomori
I don't have to deal with the stupidity of people grin & you have time for self-development & the exploration of self-spirituality.

I always had this problem of finding it very difficult to communicate with people I think have a lower I.Q than I do...lol..
I just like that closure & privacy..do you understand? . am I a quasi-sociopath?

I have not heard of reclusiveness as a sign of sociopathy; rather the opposite- that socio-/psychopaths are charming and friendly, and actively search for new victims

Those advantages you listed are hollow and very fleeting; after manipulating and all that, you'll still end up alone and frustrated. Remorse is what allows us to grow as human beings; its evolutionarily advantageous to feel empathy for other people since you are more likely to progress socially if you can feel what others feel..its a dog-eat-dog world but good always triumphs, even if it takes a long time.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said I enjoyed it. When you withdraw from all your social circles you have more time to focus on yourself and not other people's peculiarities. However you can only do that for so long; I would rather call it a rest and recovery phase than my complete reality

I don't think youre a quasi-sociopath from what you've said, you just seem to have less tolerance for less intelligent people. That's just a character quirk; its not necessarily bad, whether it is bad or good depends on how it manifests itself in your dealings with others

2 Likes

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

legend of the seeker has also been cancelled & I was really feeling it

Series like that made more sense than 'Smallville' that had 10 lengthy seasons of monumental garbage
i did nt hav dat patience to even complete d season 1 of smallville, it was a NO NO 4 me.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by TrapLORD(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
redgem:

Lol...... Who bestowed you with the agnomen?
What agnomen? Traplordd??
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
Traplord dnt u watch movies? or ure base on only licking the yansh of Gurgle? "runs out of thread.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
Traplord dnt u watch movies? or ure base on only licking the yansh of Gurgle? "runs out of thread.

Akpenvwoghene
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gurgle:

Akpenvwoghene
CHIOMA
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gurgle:

Akpenvwoghene
CHIOMA
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
i did nt hav dat patience to even complete d season 1 of smallville, it was a NO NO 4 me.

I only watched it because I loved the Lex Luthor's Character & Michael Rosenbaug played it well...
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gurgle:

I have not heard of reclusiveness as a sign of sociopathy; rather the opposite- that socio-/psychopaths are charming and friendly, and actively search for new victims

It's not necessarily a sign or trait..but most sociopaths tend to live in Isolation.. I read that somewhere..I might be wrong

Gurgle:

Those advantages you listed are hollow and very fleeting; after manipulating and all that, you'll still end up alone and frustrated

yes, which is why I said the disadvantages outweighs the merits.
I don't think Sociopaths can ever feel frustrated though.. aren't they suppose to be immune to normal human emotions?

Gurgle:

remorse is what allows us to grow as human beings; its evolutionarily advantageous to feel empathy for other people since you are more likely to progress socially if you can feel what others feel..its a dog-eat-dog world but good always triumphs, even if it takes a long time.

tell that to Hannibal Lecter ....the dude would impale a human on an antler & instead of feeling sorry, he would label his actions - an aesthetic work of art grin

there are many of them among us - the likes of John Gacey, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy etc

Gurgle:

Yes, that's what I meant when I said I enjoyed it. When you withdraw from all your social circles you have more time to focus on yourself and not other people's peculiarities. However you can only do that for so long; I would rather call it a rest and recovery phase than my complete reality

yup... & I think reclusiveness is best enjoyed if you are very wealthy... don't you think so?

Gurgle:

I don't think youre a quasi-sociopath from what you've said, you just seem to have less tolerance for less intelligent people. That's just a character quirk; its not necessarily bad, whether it is bad or good depends on how it manifests itself in your dealings with others

yeah...I think It's bad on my part cos I tend to look down on them..like they are some sort of lower animals..
when I meet someone I've profiled as 'unintelligent, a mental hologram just spawns in my head & I begin to mentally dissect their skulls & wonder why nothing sunstantial is in their craniums.. you know, like in sci-fi movies.. lol grin
I even begin to pity them for being dumb
I don't think you can understand me.. words can't express it....

lemme just put it this way - I feel irritated when I converse with such people
people that prefer talking about the latest parties in town or the hottest chick on the block all the time
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by TrapLORD(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
I dont get to watch them as much as i would like to. Im just too busy tryn to secure a future for my wife & kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by sinizia: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tashaamania:

grin grin stop gossiping. I can actually read you undecided

Mbe, when did you learn how to read and write? How come you got an emphatic zero in your MBBS exam if you can read and write? shockedshocked

Buhari must probe this criminal act of yours. undecided
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Tashaamania(f): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
sinizia:

Mbe, when did you learn how to read and write? How come you got an emphatic zero in your MBBS exam if you can read and write? shockedshocked

Buhari must probe this criminal act of yours. undecided
You can look for trouble ooo grin grin
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
TrapLORD:
I dont get to watch them as much as i would like to. Im just too busy tryn to secure a future for my wife & kids.
hmmmmmm me too i only watch few movies, im always busy trying 2 secure a future 4 my wife and kids.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

It's not necessary a sign or trait..but most sociopaths tend to live in Isolation.. I read that somewhere..I might be wrong

yes, which is why I said the disadvantage outweighs the merits.
I don't think Sociopaths can ever feel frustrated though.. aren't they suppose to be immune to emotions?

tell that to Hannibal Letter..the dude would impale a human on antler & instead of feeling sorry, he would label his actions - an aesthetic artwork grin

yup... but I think reclusiveness is best enjoyed if you are very wealthy... don't you?

yeah...I think It's bad on my part cos I tend to look down on them..like they are some sort of lower humans.
when I meet someone I've profiled as 'unintelligent, a mental hologram just spawns in my head & I begin to see their skull & nothing in their brains.. you know, like in movies.. lol grin
I even begin to pity them....

Yeah they live in isolation because theyre incapable of forming solid relationships with others that would allow them to co-habit. If others could stand them, they would gladly live with somebody.

Note that psychopathy is a sliding scale; some people exhibit low-levels of psychopathy- like they just have a few traits, whilst some exhibit high levels. So there are some psychopaths who are happily married, with families etc. But they just exhibit some bad behaviours, as all human beings do

Psychopaths often display very disturbing bursts of anger, especially when somebody isn't bending to their will. I actually witnessed something like that once, it was really strange. I really didn't expect that from that person at all..after 5 mins they just went back to their normal smiley self..thats when I knew something was wrong

Its not that they don't have any emotions; they definitely do feel happy, frustrated, etc. But they don't have the same level of emotional concern for other people that is necessary for healthy relationships. Everything just has to revolve around them

Yeah, Hannibal Lecter is a prime example; he cant see anything wrong with what he has done, even when hes in prison for murder. Can you imagine trying to reason with such a person? That's why nobody can live with them

I think reclusiveness is best enjoyed whenever you have identified that you need a break from others, or when you decide you just want your own space for a while. I don't see what wealth has to do with it; enlighten me?

I do understand but I think you should be careful. Intelligence is relative; if youre too narrow-minded you may miss out on connecting with some really brilliant people. But everybody judges people based on their own instinct; just that the judgment should be flexible with incoming information
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by TrapLORD(m): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
hmmmmmm me too i only watch few movies, im always busy trying 2 secure a future 4 my wife and kids.
Clown undecided
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

there are many of them among us - the likes of John Gacey, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy etc

yeah...I think It's bad on my part cos I tend to look down on them..like they are some sort of lower animals..
when I meet someone I've profiled as 'unintelligent, a mental hologram just spawns in my head & I begin to mentally dissect their skulls & wonder why nothing sunstantial is in their craniums.. you know, like in sci-fi movies.. lol grin
I even begin to pity them for being dumb

people that prefer talking about the latest parties in town or the hottest chick on the block all the time

DR can you believe that I was just reading about serial killers the other day? Jeffrey Dahmer in particular. What a guy shocked

I would say that those kinds of people are not necessarily unintelligent, but somewhat shallow. Some people prefer just to skim the surface of life for a while and talk about irrelevant things, or their life experience is such that it hasn't prompted them to undertake any kind of real deep thinking. Such people shouldn't really be looked down on; IMO if you cant cope with them its better just to move onto people who are more to your taste

1 Like

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Tashaamania(f): 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nmeri17 boo kiss

1 Like

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by sinizia: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tashaamania:
You can look for trouble ooo grin grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by redgem(f): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
TrapLORD:
What agnomen? Traplordd??

Nah!!! Bad dancer
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nmeri17: 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tashaamania:
Nmeri17 boo kiss
don't even call my name angry angry
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by sinizia: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Classsyalabolas:

Oyo lo wa grin

I was sad when i read The Event was cancelled. Very sad.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gurgle:

Yeah they live in isolation because theyre incapable of forming solid relationships with others that would allow them to co-habit. If others could stand them, they would gladly live with somebody.

Note that psychopathy is a sliding scale; some people exhibit low-levels of psychopathy- like they just have a few traits, whilst some exhibit high levels. So there are some psychopaths who are happily married, with families etc. But they just exhibit some bad behaviours, as all human beings do

Psychopaths often display very disturbing bursts of anger, especially when somebody isn't bending to their will. I actually witnessed something like that once, it was really strange. I really didn't expect that from that person at all..after 5 mins they just went back to their normal smiley self..thats when I knew something was wrong

Its not that they don't have any emotions; they definitely do feel happy, frustrated, etc. But they don't have the same level of emotional concern for other people that is necessary for healthy relationships. Everything just has to revolve around them

Yeah, Hannibal Lecter is a prime example; he cant see anything wrong with what he has done, even when hes in prison for murder. Can you imagine trying to reason with such a person? That's why nobody can live with them

Don De Marco!

Gurgle:

I think reclusiveness is best enjoyed whenever you have identified that you need a break from others, or when you decide you just want your own space for a while. I don't see what wealth has to do with it; enlighten me?

reclusitivity is a lifestyle I'm seriously considering after I've achieved everything in my to-do lists in life & the whyness unlike yours is not because I need a break, but because the hypothetically-stated impossibilities of the physical realm can be attained in the deepest bowels of intricate hours of consummate tranquility, meditation & privacy.

my inspiration is Bodhidharma [the blue-eyed barbarian] have you ever heard of him?
he's the 28th patriarch of Buddhism

& I think wealth is pivotal to the enjoyability of living in Isolation because you can't go to work If you are living like an eremite, & if you don't work & earn you can't survive financially.. & eventually you would need that human connectedness again & that defeats the purpose of your isolated life, because you would have to commune with co-workers & clients..

that's why most people that leaned towards this philosophy did so in the later years of their lives when they've already built their wealth..
people like- Emily Bronte, Emily Dickinson, John Hughes etc..even the comical Bruce Wayne is a recluse grin
& of course he's a Gotham billionaire, so he can afford that lifestyle...

I hope you get my point?

Gurgle:

I do understand but I think you should be careful. Intelligence is relative; if youre too narrow-minded you may miss out on connecting with some really brilliant people. But everybody judges people based on their own instinct; just that the judgment should be flexible with incoming information

I will try to be more accommodating.. in fact,I'm already taking great measures towards that..
thanks anyway..
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by TrapLORD(m): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
redgem:

Nah!!! Bad dancer
ah dont need people to tell me, i've never known howta dance since i was a boy. Na now i go learn? undecided
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
TrapLORD:
Clown undecided
lol iv got wife n kids in my imagination.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
hello guyz i want to watch an old christian yoruba movie titled the ultimate power aka ISHAWURU, pls where can i download it?
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Tashaamania(f): 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nmeri17:
don't even call my name angry angry
I'm calling my lawyer cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) ... (2568) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.