Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? (1647 Views)

Guys, Why Do You Get Angry At Your Girlfriends Over This? / Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / Guys Why Do You Send Pm's??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by lemonade: 11:27am On Feb 13, 2015
Hey all!

Well, we are not exactly dating. We are both attracted to each other. We have been attracted to each other for about 15 years now (we lost contact after our pre waec lessons and have been living separate lives since then) We recently met at friend's event and we have been seen three times since then and we chat.

BUT we have both been through very rough since. Heartbreaks and all. According to what a mutual friend told me, he dated a girl for about 7 years while in the UK who broke his heart like crazy and he hasn't really been able to open up to any girl since then especially as most are after his money and looks and during one of our talks, he told me about how selfish women are etc.

Well, I know I do like him a lot. But I am confused about him. There are some things he does and says that surprise me because I'm not expecting such from him giving his stance on women. For instance, he's always looking at me, sometimes as if he's watching me closely, then he'd smile sweetly. He's invited me out with his best buddies and he kept telling them how pretty I am. I had some horrible breakouts on my face recently but he didn't seem to notice when he looked at me even at close range. When he looks at me, it's like he's looking inside me, in fact, I cannot explain. There was a time I hadn't had my bath and I was looking like something the cat dragged in and he wanted to take my picture! He listens and remembers every single word I say. Even the ones I don't think are relevant. He used to be bigger but he lost weight because he's quite busy and hardly has time to eat. Kind of like a workaholic. I told him to eat more because of his health and within a week he had put on more weight.

Recently I was telling him about how my spots and pimples have been terrorizing me and how I have finally found a cure for them and that I'm so happy. All he could say was that he's glad that I'm happy. Later he sent me a message that I'm a very special person. My head is still swimming. Please guys why would you tell a girl that she's a very special person? What do you think about this guy?
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
lemonade:
Hey all!

Well, we are not exactly dating. We are both attracted to each other. We have been attracted to each other for about 15 years now (we lost contact after our pre waec lessons and have been living separate lives since then) We recently met at friend's event and we have been seen twice since then and we chat.

BUT we have both been through rough very times since. Heartbreaks and all. According to what a mutual friend told me, he dated a girl for about 7 years while in the UK who broke his heart like crazy and he hasn't really been able to open up to any girl since then especially as most are after his money and looks and during one of our talks, he told me about how selfish women are etc.

Well, I know I do like him a lot. But I am confused about him. There are some things he does and says that surprise me because I'm not expecting such from him giving his stance on women. For instance, he's always looking at me, sometimes as if he's watching me closely, then he'd smile sweetly. He's invited me out with his best buddies and he kept telling them how pretty I am. I had some horrible breakouts on my face recently but he didn't seem to notice when he looked at me even at close range. When he looks at me, it's like he's looking inside me, in fact, I cannot explain. There was a time I hadn't had my bath and I was looking like something the cat dragged in and he wanted to take my picture! He listens and remembers every single word I say. Even the ones I don't think are relevant. He used to be bigger but he lost weight because he's quite busy and hardly has time to eats. Kind of like a workaholic. I told him to eat more because of his health and within a week he had put on more weight.

Recently I was telling him about how my spots and pimples have been terrorizing me and how I have finally found a cure for them and that I'm so happy. All he could say was that he's glad that I'm happy. Later he sent me a message that I'm a very special person. My head is still swimming. Please guys why would you tell a girl that she's a very special person? What do you think about this guy?

Lol, just date him already! undecided

You're still asking questions -_-
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by lemonade: 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
MzNelly:

You think he likes me? Remember I said he's been closed up with women since his long time gf broke his heart.
I wish guys can come tell me what they think from their perspective.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by Demlad99(m): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
He obviously likes you. Maybe he's studying you or taking his time before he asks you out eventually.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by njuwo(m): 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Demlad99:
He obviously likes you. Maybe he's studying you or taking his time before he asks you out eventually.
Take this, read without the maybe.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Awwwww love in the works. smiley
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
MzNelly:

How? By asking him out? cheesy I'd rather the op tell him about another hypothetical guy who's on her neck and listen to his comments afterwards. From thence she will be able to deduce his real intentions towards her.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by COvo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ok.The head should keep swimming.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by lemonade: 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
emmyrichie:

How? By asking him out? cheesy I'd rather the op tell him about another hypothetical guy who's on her neck and listen to his comments afterwards. From thence she will be able to deduce his real intentions towards her.

Lol! I hear that stuff doesn't work all the time. Though he gets jealous when he sees me chatting on my phone. He even got jealous one time when I told him that I was cooking and taking care of my dad who was on a two-day visit en route to my home town (my dad doesn't stay in Nigeria/Lagos)
Why would he be jealous of my dad? Not jealous like he doesn't want me to be with my dad o. Not that kind of jealousy. I can't explain it.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by chimerase2: 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
Op re u a. Female or a male or none of de above lipsrsealed
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by lemonade: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
chimerase2:
Op re u a. Female or a male or none of de above lipsrsealed

Obviously female
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by obito: 2:21am On Feb 14, 2015
lemonade:
Hey all!

There was a time I hadn't had my bath and I was looking like something the cat dragged in and he wanted to take my picture!
Please what does the bolded mean
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by Jarchi(m): 3:43am On Feb 14, 2015
You fink he does,sometimes when ur obessed u fucking dont see the other side,give ur self a break,maybe some distance and time, if he keeps coming,just let him gain ur trust maybe he's scared,den give him much space into ur life,hold his hand in ha friendly way 'in ha friendly way so he doesnt start having a negative mindset' ,maybe shy or naive to tell you wat he wants,or he's scared of a no which could end ur friendship,just let him gain ur trust and being a true friend,but u must sit to know wat u want and if he's d right need u want u dont need to open anoda tread on nl
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by Pdizzle(m): 4:47am On Feb 14, 2015
^^^ word
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by lemonade: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jarchi:
You fink he does,sometimes when ur obessed u fucking dont see the other side,give ur self a break,maybe some distance and time, if he keeps coming,just let him gain ur trust maybe he's scared,den give him much space into ur life,hold his hand in ha friendly way 'in ha friendly way so he doesnt start having a negative mindset' ,maybe shy or naive to tell you wat he wants,or he's scared of a no which could end ur friendship,just let him gain ur trust and being a true friend,but u must sit to know wat u want and if he's d right need u want u dont need to open anoda tread on nl

Thanks. He's the one always contacting me. When we lost contact he contacted me 3 times on facebook but I didn't give him my number till we met at a friend's event.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by lemonade: 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
obito:
Please what does the bolded mean

Meaning I looked hideous nau. I hadn't taken my bath, I was sweaty, my pimples were more pronounced, I was wearing an over-sized T-shirt and a hair net on my head.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by clemz85(m): 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
you wannu know u?

here is why by Sam Keen, he said
" we come to love not by loving the perfect
person but by seeing the imperfect
person perfect"

I hope this helps.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by obito: 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
lemonade:

Meaning I looked hideous nau. I hadn't taken my bath, I was sweaty, my pimples were more pronounced, I was wearing an over-sized T-shirt and a hair net on my head.
No. I got that part. I meant ''the cat''. Is that his name?
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by gsalvatore: 3:00am On Feb 15, 2015
obito:
No. I got that part. I meant ''the cat''. Is that his name?
figure of speech dude!

The cat will never drag in a MacDonald burger. Can it? Just rats and shits.

She looks like what a cat dragged in.

Get my point?
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by gsalvatore: 3:05am On Feb 15, 2015
@op,

You have wasted that dude without even knowing it. Infact you both are wasted.

He wants to confirm if you are the real deal.

Just make sure you don't act in a way that will make him remember the Exes that screwed him up, that will place a doubt in him.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by MrIncrediible(m): 4:04am On Feb 15, 2015
lemonade:

You think he likes me? Remember I said he's been closed up with women since his long time gf broke his heart.
I wish guys can come tell me what they think from their perspective.
Madam he likes you no doubt but he hasn't fully recovered yet from the heartbreak he experienced. Don't make that mistake of thinking he wants to date you because I don't think he's wants to (at least not now)...he's probably in that heartbreak recovery process and it takes a really long time for some people coupled with the fact that this was a 7-year failed relationship.

I don't know how long you're gonna have to wait before this guy eventually moves on. Might be a really long time (hope you get time to wait). For now you just gotta keep on being nice to him since he's doing same too. That'll make things move faster.

Don't ever talk to him about moving on from his break-up, leave him to snap out of it himself. If you guys rush things you might end up dating but it'll take time for that relationship to really gain strong grounds.
Re: Guys Why Would You Say This To A Girl? by harvestiloo(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2015
lemonade what was ur cure for ur acnes?, am having problems with it, nd i av tried different products countless times...all to no avail

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? / #2 Ladies Fight Dirty Over A Man During A Football Match In Nairobi, Kenya -pics / I Stopped Coming To His Church My Father Said Am Now A Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.