Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian (27800 Views)

EFCC Arrests Steve Oronsaye, Ex-Head Of Service / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
We need to downsize the recurrent expenditure. It is impossible to maintain the current system and expect development. The government should also pursue this policy to a logical end. We need more of these. We also need provision of infrastructures across board. Well done Jonathan

Wow...are you dreaming How come you didn't bash Jonathan? Let me go and celebrate you with my signature...

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by notoriousbabe: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
saintopus:
Many will lost their jobs!!!
omo you have losted your grammar grin

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
Jonathan did well by implementing the recommendation. The timing though but it's irrelevant. All is well that ends well. Kudos to Jonathan on this and "few others".
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...are you dreaming How come you didn't bash Jonathan? Let me go and celebrate you with my signature...
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by dre11(m): 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
I hope the panel report and recommendation will be applied to the letters

We need to streamline our recurrent expenditure to make room for more capital expenditure and provision of essential services as we try move the economy forward
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
I think it's illegal for the Executive to stop paying salaries to civil servants in the affected agencies. Most, if not all of the affected agencies were established by Acts of the National Assembly (and military decrees); therefore the relevant establishment laws need to be repealed before cessation of funding to the agencies.

I wish the FG accepted the proposal to merge the EFCC, ICPC and Code of Conduct Bureau. It would have been a good cost-saving measure since the 3 agencies essentially have overlapping functions.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Omogbhollahorn(m): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
saintopus:

Lost ke oga i
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan did well by implementing the recommendation. The timing though but it's irrelevant. All is well that ends well. Kudos to Jonathan on this and "few others".

Wow...thanks for acknowledging these uncommon fits...Let's do more!!! Continuity is the answer....my signature for you bro...
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by aperture11: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
I commend the FG for this, even though majority of the recommendations were rejected. It is still a step in the right direction. We will get there.
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
We need to downsize the recurrent expenditure. It is impossible to maintain the current system and expect development. The government should also pursue this policy to a logical end. We need more of these. We also need provision of infrastructures across board. Well done Jonathan
Fully agree. The Oronsaye panel recommendations would save the country over N800bn annually.
I also wish that the NCC and NIPOST be merged, and the number of ministries reduced to 15 via an Act of the National Assembly
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by gebest: 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
this is what u would ve done since, fighting corruption
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by isaacameh0186(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
It is well with Nigeria. Anyway, GEJ till 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by watchindelta(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
nawaho PDP don turn their own to transformation?
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by jaybee(f): 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
MadCow1:
Too little, too late...

Out with the Joe, In with the New...

#SaiBuhari
#SaiDakuku..

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE

How many reports are collecting dust in president GEJ's cabinet?

Is this report just reaching GEJ's table?

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE INDEED

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
Omo that your siggy no be am. Penaldo is to learn from Messi and not the other way round.
Whynotthetruth:

Wow...thanks for acknowledging these uncommon fits...Let's do more!!! Continuity is the answer....my signature for you bro...
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by onimcee1(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
chimsimdindu:
GOOD MOVE ; THOUGH I WONT BE DISTRACTED ON MY MARCH 4 BUHARI !
March ke!!! Bros, na MATH for Buhari
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by InvertedHammer: 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
/

There are too many redundant agencies breeding inefficiency and profligacy.

And while at it, they should scrap National House of Assembly.

Thereafter, they should reduce the salary of a senator to N250k/month max.

\
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
My brother, the flaws lies with the cconstitution with respect to Ministry/Ministers. The Constitution said each State of the Federation must have at least one minister. That makes it difficult for any President. Except there will be constitutional amendment to expunge that section, we will still be having 36+ ministers even under one Ministry.
CFCfan:

Fully agree. The Oronsaye panel recommendations would save the country over N800bn annually.
I also wish that the NCC and NIPOST be merged, and the number of ministries reduced to 15 via an Act of the National Assembly
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
The 3 agencies EFCC etc. should be merged with Police
CFCfan:
I think it's illegal for the Executive to stop paying salaries to civil servants in the affected agencies. Most, if not all of the affected agencies were established by Acts of the National Assembly (and military decrees); therefore the relevant establishment laws need to be repealed before cessation of funding to the agencies.

I wish the FG accepted the proposal to merge the EFCC, ICPC and Code of Conduct Bureau. It would have been a good cost-saving measure since the 3 agencies essentially have overlapping functions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by appini: 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
GEJ all the way

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Toktee(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
saintopus:
At this time?
Ha,jonathan always taken decission at the wrong time,even this one will affect his re-election.
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
Omo that your siggy no be am. Penaldo is to learn from Messi and not the other way round.

Over 30goals & still counting this season alone...Check out where Messi dey...
Nah that gap dey give Messi crisis for brain hence his being linked to too many clubs nowadays...but no be by changing club bro, e dey for gene-CR7(king of football)
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by highmood(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
chimsimdindu:
GOOD MOVE ; THOUGH I WONT BE DISTRACTED ON MY MARCH 4 BUHARI !
u know the meaning of your name. On that march u intend treading, is a march where the meaning of ur name may not be guaranteed.
Meanwhile, it's a good report but I see some elements in the legislature are trying to kill it. They are almost rubbishing the report. So sad. Those parastatals are just duplication of duties. Someone said it will lead to lose of jobs, so should we allow those irrelevant parastatals to continue while we die slowly yet complain there isn't much capital for development?
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Boss13: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
They had no choice. It is called austerity measure. Since 2011, the report was gathering dust.
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by BlueMagic2(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
Clueless Nation
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Image123(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Austerity measures hidden under implementation. When did this present government start implementing reports. Well, the people are deceivable.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Rexyl(m): 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
meshacha1:

Come what may, who have you decided to vote for?

APC - change hit like
PDP - transformation hit share

so it is now fierce struggle btw APC - Change and PDP - Transformation.

All policies that will make the country move forward are welcome. I think implementation of some packages of report of national conference will also contribute enormously to progress and development we are clamouring for.
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Rexyl(m): 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
BlueMagic2:
Clueless Nation

you mean nothing can work? probably many things could have worked if oil money has not blocked our sense of reasoning and the need to prepare for a tough time like this. Supposing all oil wells suddenly dry up nobody will help our clueless mindsets to start picking ideas from various sources.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Rexyl(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
Toktee:
At this time?
Ha,jonathan always taken decission at the wrong time,even this one will affect his re-election.

Any attempt to build strong and healthier nation on the long run should not be scuttled by personal ambition of anyone. Though nothing good comes easily, government should thread softly so that the present level of poverty is not increased
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Krisddon: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
saintopus:
Lose bro!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, the flaws lies with the cconstitution with respect to Ministry/Ministers. The Constitution said each State of the Federation must have at least one minister. That makes it difficult for any President. Except there will be constitutional amendment to expunge that section, we will still be having 36+ ministers even under one Ministry.
Yes, you're right. I forgot the issue of ministers is a constitutional one.
I'll definitely support a constitutional amendment to repeal the relevant section, and put the issue in the hands of the NASS
Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
CFCfan:

Yes, you're right. I forgot the issue of ministers is a constitutional one.
I'll definitely support a constitutional amendment to repeal the relevant section, and put the issue in the hands of the NASS
We have the worst parliamentarians on planet earth. Most of them know no jack about their jobs

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Govt. Implements Oronsaye Panel’s Report- Guardian by cjeriia: 5:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
saintopus:
Chaiiiiii...!!!! I don die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari / Symbol Of Justice In Nigeria Leans On Stick For Support / Senate Rejects Ahmad Bello Mahmud, Buhari’s Nominee For REC Over Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.