Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH (25982 Views)

Ibrahim Idris Accused Of Looting And Sexual Relationship With Subordinates / Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping Boko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Mistermamus(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
BH av nigeriens and Chadians as dere fighters
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by dallyemmy: 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
Always fighting with their tongues
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by XRAY21(m): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
Just see want jona don do 9ja. I hate buhari but if it only for this BH shit let him win we need a military mind for this
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by teadrake(m): 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
Some bozo will undoubtedly blame this on the Opposition,Our soldiers are Jiltering in the field of battle,no morale-instiller,fighting with outdated Arsenal.What do you expect?We're now a laughing stock throughout the global community.Naira has risen beyond imagining(Pathetic fools keep blaming Apc for that),Our economy and human resources keeps dwindling as a result of bad governance and some miserable people still think is the work of the opposition?
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by fkaz(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nigeria government is playing game with the issue of boko haram. The essence for shifting general election has been defeated, now they have reason to give, why they lost the fight against boko which they promise to dismantle for six weeks.

#Blame nigerien army for insulting us, that is why we were unable to rescue the chibol girls
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by babaireti(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
But are they not running away? didn't they sought refuge in Cameroon the other time? so why are they angry now? all they need to do is to equip our soldiers technically,arsenally and morally to be able to contend with the prevailing menace and save the entire Nation of this embarrassment.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by mediauno: 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
NIGERIAN ARMY: COUNTER INSURGENCY OPERATION: The Gains and Prospects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoE2NcBZsqA

Watch More Here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ-LVkU_AUnH8HD-QV_ICZw
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by ohenhen1: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
I will prefer Niger soldiers to stay in their country, just station troops on the border to prevent Boko haram from entering Niger. Don't want an element that will destroy the coalition.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
And what are you doing about it yourself?

For the General is saying the truth. It is a disgrace that our govt is in collusion with forces that are bombing Nigeria for the purpose of annexing Nigerian territory and breaking up Nigeria.

Common sense should tell us that reason Boko Haram is so well armed is because Chadian, Cameroonian and Nigerien troops transform into BokoHaram when it suits them
cirmuell:
Cry babies embarassed looting what? In your homeland? And you couldn't do jack shyt about it. See the words of a professional service man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by VolvoS60(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
So the NA spokesman actually said all those things. undecided

The pressure is clearly getting to him.

And both countries (Nigeria and Niger) are neighbours and are supposed to be members of the same joint force. undecided An alliance dead on arrival?

For everyone's sake this spat should be quickly forgotten and put away for good. The alternative will not be in anyone's long term interest. (assuming there are no ulterior motives underpinning the actions of the main actors in this war)
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by dBard: 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
Boss13:
A shame to the Nigerian army. I feel highly insulted by the comments of the Nigerien, but they only said the truth. We actually do not need a multi-national troop to curtail the insurgence, if only the Nigerian army had provided the right equipment and morale for the soldiers. I can feel Gen. Olukolade feels insulted and I am also glad. The issue of boko haram was politicised now the cock has come home to roost. Our image in foreign affairs, especially in Africa, just hits the rocks. We used to be admired, now we are laughed at and now mocked.

I largely agree with you
There was the largely publicized 'tactical manoeuvre'into Cameroon as well the gaffe by the NSA head who called his own soldiers cowards...but that aside, the Nigerian military has acted commendably to contain the insurgency.

I think you're wrong in one aspect tho...we do need the mnjtf.
you can't fight a multifaceted insurgency like this on just one front. you need to secure your borders else u end up with a situation where they simply cross the border wen d heat is on, regroup n return,as they've been wont to do.

hope d defense ministry will, with this, realise the need for a good propaganda machine,cos as it is now, they're losing the propaganda war.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by uyplus(m): 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
tomber:

I hope this is not true. We need more and more cooperation. In fact, we need "a united voice" that the best of weapons. If Nigeria fails today, France can't save Niger, Chad or Cameroon, they'll all fail too.

The U.S military trained Iraqi Army, sold and gave to them the best of weapons. Guess what happened when ISIS came? They almost took over the country in a few weeks. The US Army had to come in, along side their friends, with the best of fighter jets to help dislodge ISIS. Guess what? After all the billions spent and the thousands of air strikes against ISIS, they are yet to be dislodged.
The US and it allies spent over a trillion dollar in Afghan but couldn't win the Taliban.

Let's give NA a chance. We can't keep insulting then and hope they'll wanna die for us. We should know that salary and allowances are not enough motivation for soldiers in a real war but patriotism. This is not peace keeping, neither is it really a conventional war. Let not worsen their state of their morals with our posts, the service chiefs included. Niger and co should stop joining the west to score cheap points out of our predicament.

In the past, northern leaders especially-and Buhari inclusive- were directly or indirectly motivating those boys, and to the contrary demoralizing the NA. Some others that could help didn't help, cos of political interests; while some were for religious reasons, sympathetic to the course of boko. Now things have gone out of hand and we're facing the consequences. Everyone of us, including the Northern leaders,and ppl those that were sabotaging or sympathizing,Jona, past presidents, media, service chiefs etc one way or the other, will facing the consequences of our actions and inactions and will still face till God knows when. Let's work together to cut the days and consequences short.

And lastly, for Buhari(or whosoever) to try to simplify the causes for the dragging of this war against BH to Jona and corruption, is to either be totally oblivious of reality or to simply be mischievous. And I'm still wondering why no one has asked him what he meant by fighting Boko haram is fight the north; why no one has asked him if he'll treat them like Niger Delta militants were treated i.e by giving Amnesty as he went about admonishing Jona months back.

Senseless comment. If Buhari is a Boko haram sponsor and apologist as you alleged and hasn't been picked up for interrogation yet, it clearly states that you leader is indept and clueless. If you are a terrorist in the US or has alleged links to a dreaded terror group, they will pick you up for questioning and then closely monitor you. Late General Azazi said, PDP are Boko haram and guess what happend after, he died in a suspicious chopper ride on his return from Oronto Douglas father's burial. Look the earlier you stop pointing fingers of a failed government to individuals, the better. The military has been highly politicized and compromised all because of bad leadership. A fish starts to rots from the head and not from the tail. If someone comes to your house and tries to burgle it infront of you what will you do? Will you start searching for who sent them? Or will you be asking them what they came for? Or will you be standing and watching them fully tear down your doors apart? And when they are done burgling, you will stat saying they were sent by your neigbhours, enemies, witches and wizards and all? You will rise up to defend your house. If you stand and watch them burgle and succed, then I'd say you maybe irresponsible and don't care much about the house, properties in it or the occupants in it, and that is irresponsibility!!! Stop the ethnic bigotry!! A lot of little countries have taken swipes on us, even Robert Mugabe, ANC youth leader in South africa, took a swipe on us. The corruption in the military has been left so unabated and it's eating so deep into our mindset. Two wrongs never make a right!!you can't just stat saying, corruption didn't start from this government that's why we are facing it, or Terrorism is a global thing, and Nigeria is facing it too. Those are irrresponsible comments I have oveeheead the president say on countless occasions!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Let's see how some miscreant will blame this on Obama and/or the USA.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Who do blame?
Our govt or our soldiers?

How is that under competent leadership the same Nigeria troops intervened simultaneously in two regional civil wars and win within months in 1997?

So problem must be with our current govt.
babaireti:
But are they not running away? didn't they sought refuge in Cameroon the other time? so why are they angry now? all they need to do is to equip our soldiers technically,arsenally and morally to be able to contend with the prevailing menace and save the entire Nation of this embarrassment.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by cirmuell(m): 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
GenBuhari:
And what are you doing about it yourself?

For the General is saying the truth. It is a disgrace that our govt is in collusion with forces that are bombing Nigeria for the purpose of annexing Nigerian territory and breaking up Nigeria.

Common sense should tell us that reason Boko Haram is so well armed is because Chadian, Cameroonian and Nigerien troops transform into BokoHaram when it suits them.
Doing about what? I should go do their job for them? angry these three countries are not spared of this madness too, Chad was attacked just few hours ago, why? 'cause they are phucking helping your bastardized army ruined by poor leadership. Niger won't say this shít 4-6years ago.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
America is working with France via it puppet countries Chad, Niger, Cameroon to break up Nigeria and our govt appears to be in collision.

Chadian troops and Boko Haram are probably one and the same.
CityNG:
Let's see how some miscreant will blame this on Obama and/or the USA.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by cooljude(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
Niger is looking for a way to back out because Boko had included them in their attack list and they know they don't have the resource to face boko. This is a real sentiment from their citizens and they are pressuring their government to back out. So Nigeria should play this game smart and make sure the mnjtf is not dislogded so that boko would not see any neighbouring country as a place to regroup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
You could be agitating for removal of our clueless govt.
cirmuell:
Doing about what? I should go do their job for them? angry these three countries are not spared of this madness too, Chad was attacked just few hours ago, why? 'cause they are phucking helping your bastardized army ruined by poor leadership. Niger won't say this shít 4-6years ago.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by nagoma(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
thev0ice1:
the nigerian army has had its respect seriously diminished under this govt so much so even fayose is now being chauffeur driven by soldiers. when we need chad and cameroon to help us fight our battles, why won't poor niger insult us?
an army that confesses it can't guarantee elections because of a rag tag group of religious nut-jobs, is now angry at insults being thrown it's way by a smaller but more disciplined army.
thank God we are not bordered by undully ambitous neighbours......it might have been slave trade era all over again angry

This is the honest and factual assessment of the situation. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by maclatunji: 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
Our military should not complain of being insulted. they are the ones causing it.

Instead of telling the president the point blank truth that he is destroying a key Nigerian institution and source of pride, they are busy turning themselves into willing tools in his hands.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by cirmuell(m): 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
GenBuhari:
You could be agitating for removal of our clueless govt.
that is my point.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by cirmuell(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
cooljude:
Niger is looking for a way to back out because Boko had included them in their attack list and they know they don't have the resource to face boko. This is a real sentiment from their citizens and they are pressuring their government to back out. So Nigeria should play this game smart and make sure the mnjtf is not dislogded so that boko would not see any neighbouring country as a place to regroup.
looks like they've succeeded, no thanks to our 'amiable' General.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
GenBuhari:
America is working with France via it puppet countries Chad, Niger, Cameroon to break up Nigeria and our govt appears to be in collision.

Chadian troops and Boko Haram are probably one and the same.

I rest my case.

This didn't take long.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
You haven't presented any case.
CityNG:

I rest my case.

This didn't take long.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by ollyruffy: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
Niger is on point here. The system collapse in Nigeria has affected the military.

The NA is pooly equiped. The soldiers are poorly motivated.
If any of them die in battle, we all know what happens to the families left behind. Releasing only his entitlement to the family is another story.

In the first place, I realy give kudos to the NA soldiers going to battle with all these in mind.

And I dont blame them if they run in battle when they are out numbered or the enemies are better equiped.

If Nigerian government wants to win this war, they better keep their corrupt practises away from the military.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by sundoj08(m): 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
thev0ice1:
the nigerian army has had its respect seriously diminished under this govt so much so even fayose is now being chauffeur driven by soldiers. when we need chad and cameroon to help us fight our battles, why won't poor niger insult us?

an army that confesses it can't guarantee elections because of a rag tag group of religious nut-jobs, is now angry at insults being thrown it's way by a smaller but more disciplined army.

thank God we are not bordered by undully ambitous neighbours......it might have been slave trade era all over again angry

U just said it all, and you can't imagine how humiliating it is when your friends from other countries ask u why your military's so scared of a bunch of crazy folks..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
GenBuhari:
You haven't presented any case.

That you couldn't figure out the case I presented is actually good.

I only like to engage intelligent people on NL, a group which you do not belong to.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by Litmus: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
Although Niger,Chad and Cameroon are deserving of retributive condemnation over the undignified and frankly slavish manner in which they have gone about satisfying the West need to suppress and demystify any notion of African peoples' being able to do things themselves and standing up proud among the world of Nations, as represented by Nigeria, I would rather Nigeria hit back at the Western press- specifically the hacks at CNN, Aljasera, BBC and son on. Why pick on Niger alone, they're all at it from Ghana down to South Africa, looking for the scarcest modicum of self worth from the scrapings offered by Nigeria's miscalculations ?

Nevertheless it is high time that African people on the continent stand up on their own two feet rather than scraping and bowing to the white man and trying to kick Nigeria in order to receive a pat on the head. Slaves angry
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by mickeymimi: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
They have started the blame game.. more blames to come.. is this the strategy to defeat Boko Haram in 6 weeks.
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by ridgeman: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
NSA adviser called his own Nigerian troops cowards so what's all this angst
Re: Nigeria Hits Back At Niger; Accuses Coalition Soldiers Of Looting, Helping BH by cooljude(m): 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
cirmuell:
looks like they've succeeded, no thanks to our 'amiable' General.
They can still ammend the relationship, it happens, have you forgot what we learnt from wikileaks on how diplomats insult themselves. I think Nigeria should let them understand that we all want thesame thing which is stabilzation of that region. Promising them that we would stand in their support if anything happens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Omo-agege And Wife Escape Assassination Attempt, Brother Shot / Nigerians To Know Their President Latest Wednesday - INEC / Boko Haram Kills 25 Soldiers In Borno Ambush - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.