Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 (6596 Views)

Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
I came across this thread " Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad" and i thought to myself, if these are the achievements of President Jonathan then i must have over rated him even in my displeasure.

Budget breakdown

2010 = N4.07 trillion naira

2011 = N4.22 trillion naira

2012 = N4.74 trillion naira

2013 = N4.92 trillion naira

2014 = N4.6 Trillion naira

Total = N22.5 trillion naira,

That's about $135billion dollars.

So i ask are these achievements worth $135 billion dollars?

A responsible government @ 50 % capital expenditure would have spent $70 billion dollars on infrastructure, we could have achieved 10,000 megawatts for less than $20 billion (using the Chinese example)

We would still have balance to build several refineries @ $10 ( Dangote refinery costs $2 billion)

We could have high speed rail around the country for less than $20 billion

We could have built world class Universities for less than $500 million dollars each.

Nigeria deserves better.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
Under this same period Nigeria's debt has jumped to unbelievable heights

N igeria’s total debt stock has again risen to a
very high level of N10.4 trillion as at June 2014. The
rising debt profile of the country is made up of external
debt stock of N1.46 trillion ($9.377 billion), Federal
Government domestic debt of N7.421 trillion
($47.653billion).

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/nigeria-sinks-deeper-external-debt/

In Ngozi's own words :

After the successful debt relief initiative, Nigeria’s stock
of foreign debt declined dramatically. Indeed, in August
2006, when I left office, Nigeria’s foreign and domestic
debts amounted to US$3.5 billion and US$13.8 billion
respectively – a total of US$17.3 billion or 11.8% of GDP.
By August 2011, when I resumed for the second time as
Finance Minister, the domestic debt stock had grown
substantially to US$42.23 billion, while the external debt
was still a modest US$5.67 billion.

www.fmf.gov.ng/the-media/speeches/127-clarifying-nigerias-debt-position.html

As of today Nigeria is still borrowing domestically at a rate of 500 billion naira annually.

ARE THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS WORTH THESE AMOUNTS?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bog12:
Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? Am not a Politician but I was just evaluating GEJ so far in the office, yes he is corrupt! whenever the body is rotten the head is bad so he is corrupt so do all other past Leaders but.....

1] Goodluck Jonathan signed FOI bill that Obasanjo refused to sign and you join then in saying that Goodluck is bad.

2] Goodluck approved N18,000 Minimum wage from N7,500 Which Obasanjo refused to sign and you say that Goodluck is bad and NYSC
allowance from N7,500 to nearly approved N39,500, yet they say he is bad.

3] Goodluck dualized federal roads (about 25,000km) which Obasanjo and past Govts abandoned and you say Goodluck is bad.

4] The rail system is working now, with little budget But Obasanjo Sunk billions of dollars without result, other pasts leader ignored and you
say that Goodluck is bad.

5] Goodluck has been conducting free and fair elections whereas the ones conducted under Obasanjo are Shameful and national disgrace yet
you say Goodluck is bad.

6] Goodluck established 12 new universities, 9 in the North to improve learning and knowledge and increase the Jambites admission rate, yet
you say that Goodluck is bad.

7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for Northern abandoned street children and those deprived of education by their own people and
you say Goodluck is bad.

8] Goodluck has been building dams and improving the country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW - And successfully privatized the sector
which many analyst believed is the best way to go and you joined them say that Goodluck is bad.

9] Agriculture have been revamped and for the first time in Nigerian history, Food prices came down during Christmas, instead of skyrocketing
and you say that he is a bad President.

10] 2013 and 2014 was the Christmas in Nigeria, where Nigerian did not sleep in filling stations for 3 to 4 days to get Petrol or 100s of people
being roasted alive in attempts to get fuel in petrol stations, wickedly, you joined them to say that our God given President is not
performing.

11] Airports are wearing world class looks and every zone have International airport and you say Goodluck is bad.

12] This administration has employed more people in their 5years in office than any other in the history of Nigeria [Via Agric, Energy sector,16 New Car Companies, 12 New Universities, 3,826 primary Health care Centers, Teaching Hospitals] SURE-P, YOUWIN and you say Goodluck is bad. Now do you think that General Muhammadu Buhari will perform magic, which he could not do when he was in his 40s, if you vote him?

What else do they want from President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

8 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
^^^^ A few lies up there

8] Goodluck has been building dams and improving the×country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW - And
successfully privatized the sector

Power generation was at 4000 megawatts as at 2007, today its still around 4500 megawatts despite spend close to $30 billion

By 2007 this figure had increased to just over 4000 megawatts per day despite all the daily sabotage that was going on throughout those years.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-yar-adua-buhari-and-power-sector/88587/

2. The total length of Federal Government highway
roads in Nigeria is 34,340.90Km comprising of
20,452.3km Asphaltic concrete, 8,000.9km
surface dressed and 5,887.7km gravel or earth.
www.kwarastate.gov.ng/statistics/transportationandcommunication/roadnetworkinnigeriaandncz.php

Does it mean gej has fixed 80% of federal roads since they claim 25,000km

3. Airports wearing world class looks? Really?

15 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
barcanista Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, ,
descartes, egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, donroxy,
Sweetlemon , donphilopus, BEREM, desola ,
demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , ,
lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani,
tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist ,
and all Omexonomy, jmaine, mikeansy, Firefire,
Mynd44, , nduchucks, lacasa, baccaspace, Omerta
sincere9gerian, firefire, Phockphockman, ilugunboy,
naptu2, aussie, keneking, donmarti, keneking,
Dannyset, Evathyst, jaymichael

3 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Hazardd(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
you don vex and unleashed the the truth. Infact 3 creates of orijin for youcheesy

7 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hazardd:
you don vex and unleashed the the truth. Infact 3 creates of orijin for youcheesy

Thanks cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by onimcee1(m): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
You forgot that salaries are paid from the budget right...
Anyway, his achievements may not worth worth that budget but you will do us good by comparing to that of past leaders @ OP.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
onimcee1:
You forgot that salaries are paid from the budget right...
Anyway, his achievements may not worth worth that budget but you will do us good by comparing to that of past leaders @ OP.

Thats why i based my analysis on 50% capital expenditure, like most sane governments do. I have been made to understand that we were even at 40% capital expenditure in 2010.

3 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by badmrkt(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:
I came across this thread " Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad" and i thought to myself, if these are the achievements of President Jonathan then i must have over rated him even in my displeasure.

Budget breakdown

2010 = N4.07 trillion naira

2011 = N4.22 trillion naira

2012 = N4.74 trillion naira

2013 = N4.92 trillion naira

2014 = N4.6 Trillion naira

Total = N22.5 trillion naira,

That's about $135billion dollars.

So i ask are these achievements worth $135 billion dollars?

A responsible government @ 50 % capital expenditure would have spent $70 billion dollars on infrastructure, we could have achieved 10,000 megawatts for less than $20 billion (using the Chinese example)

We would still have balance to build several refineries @ $10 ( Dangote refinery costs $2 billion)

We could have high speed rail around the country for less than $20 billion

We could have built world class Universities for less than $500 million dollars each.

Nigeria deserves better.
programmed robot!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by agabusta: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
God will give you more grace, beauty and intelligence for this piece.

1 Like

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Mynd44: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bog12:
Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? Am not a Politician but I was just evaluating GEJ so far in the office, [b]yes he is corrupt! whenever the body is rotten the head is bad so he is corrupt so do all other past Leaders but.....
1] Goodluck Jonathan signed FOI bill that Obasanjo refused to sign and you join then in saying that Goodluck is bad.
Freedom of information is my right. Why should I thank you for given me my right? what is this?

2] Goodluck approved N18,000 Minimum wage from N7,500 Which Obasanjo refused to sign and you say that Goodluck is bad and NYSC
allowance from N7,500 to nearly approved N39,500, yet they say he is bad.
Has the purchasing power of the currency increased? If you increased my wage and I still can't feed my family even with a positive differential, it is pointless

3] Goodluck dualized federal roads (about 25,000km) which Obasanjo and past Govts abandoned and you say Goodluck is bad.
We all know this is bullshit. This is a huge lie

4] The rail system is working now, with little budget But Obasanjo Sunk billions of dollars without result, other pasts leader ignored and you
say that Goodluck is bad.
Do I need to remind you people that we actually took a loan to do this? Ethiopia and Mexico took the same loan and built better things

5] Goodluck has been conducting free and fair elections whereas the ones conducted under Obasanjo are Shameful and national disgrace yet
you say Goodluck is bad.
I should thank him for free and fair elections? Npw you guys are clowns

6] Goodluck established 12 new universities, 9 in the North to improve learning and knowledge and increase the Jambites admission rate, yet
you say that Goodluck is bad.
Quantity of the universities is BS. Has the quality increased? Hell No!!!

7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for Northern abandoned street children and those deprived of education by their own people and
you say Goodluck is bad.
What? those are secondary schools for Obatala's sakes.
The Federal government built 12 secondary schools...lets start dancing. Tinubu (corrupy as you call him) Built +30 Secondaru schools and we don't even remember

8] Goodluck has been building dams and improving the country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW - And successfully privatized the sector
which many analyst believed is the best way to go and you joined them say that Goodluck is bad.
Right now, power generation is at 2,869 MW so please scratch that and don't lie

9] Agriculture have been revamped and for the first time in Nigerian history, Food prices came down during Christmas, instead of skyrocketing
Prices of food has come down? Have you been eating mouldy bread? There has been no decrease in food prices. enter market to compare the prices of Yam, Garri, rice and beans

10] 2013 and 2014 was the Christmas in Nigeria, where Nigerian did not sleep in filling stations for 3 to 4 days to get Petrol or 100s of people
being roasted alive in attempts to get fuel in petrol stations, wickedly, you joined them to say that our God given President is not
performing.
How much are we paying for the fuel? why are our refineries not working?

11] Airports are wearing world class looks and every zone have International airport and you say Goodluck is bad
Should we paste pictures of the airports? You will be surprised

12] This administration has employed more people in their 5years in office than any other in the history of Nigeria [Via Agric, Energy sector,16 New Car Companies, 12 New Universities, 3,826 primary Health care Centers, Teaching Hospitals] SURE-P, YOUWIN and you say Goodluck is bad. Now do you think that General Muhammadu Buhari will perform magic, which he could not do when he was in his 40s, if you vote him?

wow.....things like the immigration scam right?

i notice you ignored security, monetary policy, foreign policy, the strikes, infrastructural development, legal procedures and how last year Soldiers were chasing newspaper trucks all over Nigeria and siezing copies to destroy, arrested editors and this month, seizing copies of the Economist magazines for not supporting them.

You also ignored the apparent Ethno-Religious politics GEJ and Sambo play.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Ngwakwe: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

Thats why i based my analysis on 50% capital expenditure, Obj last budget was at 47% capital expenditure.

Stop magnifying you resentment for whatever the President represents with makeup lies.

The average capital expenditure is 25% of the total budget and not 50%

Where did you manufacture the 50% from when the burden of 160% increase in salaries and wages is heavily eroding the capital budget.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Stop magnifying you resentment for whatever the President represents with makeup lies.

The average capital expenditure is 25% of the total budget and not 50%

Where did you manufacture the 50% from when the burden of 160% increase in salaries and wages are heavily eroding the capital budget.
Edited.

And the budget also jumped from 2 trillion in 2007 to 4 trillion in 2010. your argument holds no water

4 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
Mynd44:

Freedom of information is my right. Why should I thank you for given me my right? what is this?

Has the purchasing power of the currency increased? If you increased my wage and I still can't feed my family even with a positive differential, it is pointless

We all know this is bullshit. This is a huge lie

Do I need to remind you people that we actually took a loan to do this? Ethiopia and Mexico took the same loan and built better things

I should thank him for free and fair elections? Npw you guys are clowns

Quantity of the universities is BS. Has the quality increased? Hell No!!!

[quotr] 7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for Northern abandoned street children and those deprived of education by their own people and
you say Goodluck is bad.
What? those are secondary schools for Obatala's sakes.
The Federal government built 12 secondary schools...lets start dancing. Tinubu (corrupy as you call him) Built +30 Secondaru schools and we don't even remember

Right now, power generation is at 2,869 MW so please scratch that and don't lie

Prices of food has come down? Have you been eating mouldy bread? There has been no decrease in food prices. enter market to compare the prices of Yam, Garri, rice and beans

performing.
How much are we paying for the fuel? why are our refineries not working?

11] Airports are wearing world class looks and every zone have International airport and you say Goodluck is bad
Should we paste pictures of the airports? You will be surprised

wow.....things like the immigration scam right?

i notice you ignored security, monetary policy, foreign policy, the strikes, infrastructural development, legal procedures and how last year Soldiers were chasing newspaper trucks all over Nigeria and siezing copies to destroy, arrested editors and this month, seizing copies of the Economist magazines for not supporting them.

You also ignored the apparent Ethno-Religious politics GEJ and Sambo play.
God bless you Mynd44, thanks for your input. Fantastic response. I hope you know why this thread wont make front page.

2 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
agabusta:
God will give you more grace, beauty and intelligence for this piece.
Amen, thanks
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
badmrkt:
programmed robot!
Beyond your mental capacity? I understand bro. It wouldn't just happen you know, you have to keep working at it.

1 Like

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Mynd44: 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Oh can someone also explain how come our foreign Reserve has reduced when we have actually been earning more due to sparing oil prices?

Or why we have part of our country in the hands pf a terrorist group

Or why the minister of Interior is still in office

Or why Sambo is walking about making Etho-religiois comments

Or why the international community does not seem to respect us

Why a IG of policr will withdraw the protection of the speaker of the house of reps

Or why Bama was attacked and the president did nothing but when Tambuwal decamped, we called an emmergency meeting

Or why we cant protect our children

Or why we cannot conduct election according to the time table

and also why the military was chasing newspaper trucks last year. Why have they seized copies of Economist magazines?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Ngwakwe: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

Who takes the blame for that? I just pointed out that Obj got his capital expenditure to 47% before he left, how did gej take us back to 25% capital expenditure?

Don't change the subject by obfuscating facts.

Debate on the facts.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Mynd44: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

God bless you Mynd44, thanks for your input. Fantastic response. I hope you know why this thread wont make front page.
I think it will.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Mutuwa(m): 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli...

Mwahhhh...

Ur a darling...

*climbs bk to palm wine tree*
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Don't change the subject by obfuscating facts.

Debate on the facts.
What facts brother? That obj didn't achieve 47% capital expenditure?
That gej didn't take us backwards to 25%?

Btw like my first post reads, a responsible government should have its capital expenditure at 50% least.

2 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by stevecantrell: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nigeria is now the 8th wonder of the world and number 1 laughing stock... how many countries postponed elections in the history of the world ?

Give me two countries that did so in the last 80 years and get 1k phone recharge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
Mynd44:

I think it will.

Time will tell.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Mynd44: 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

Time will tell.
Your ban is cooking in someone's kitchen sha....watch out grin grin cheesy cheesy cool cool tongue tongue
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Mynd44:

Your ban is cooking in someone's kitchen sha....watch out grin grin cheesy cheesy cool cool tongue tongue
LOL, i didnt break any rules here grin
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Ngwakwe: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

Btw like my first post reads, a responsible government should have its capital expenditure at 50% least.

Which government?

Reality is not a dream. You don't budget above your earnings.

Have we ever have a surplus to warrant your illogical insinuation?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by gists: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
To make matters worse, TANoid propagandists tried to give GEJ credit for some of the achievements of OBJ and UMY.
Really shameful.
Thanks OP for bringing this up. God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Which government?

Reality is not a dream. You don't budget above your earnings.

Have we ever have a surplus to warrant your illogical insinuation?

Both items, which constitute
the recurrent expenditure, represent 57 per cent of the total
budget while capital accounts for the remaining 43 per cent.
www.thenigeriabusiness.com/eco5.html

Okay i confused numbers obj got us to 43% capital expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

Your facts are wrong on all counts and I really wonder where you get your so called facts from

1. Budgets are based on projected revenue, not actual revenue. In the case of Nigeria, it is usually based on project crude production and crude price. For this reason, it is difficult for any government to attain 100% budget performance because of shortfalls in revenue.

2. As rightly pointed out, the capital expenditure is not 50% so I wonder where you get your numbers of 10,000 MW and refineries from.

3. I wonder where you got 47% capital expenditure during OBJ regime from.

in 2004 the capital expenditure was 19.54%

2005 it was 34.29%

in 2006 it was 28.7%

2007 was 34.48%

In recent times, only in 2010 have we done a budget with capital expenditure of 40.23%

In fact in 2004 during OBJ time, capital + recurrent expenditure was only 49.65% of the budget meaning that we spent a whooping 50.35% of the total budget on statutory transfer and debt services.

I really can't understand why most Nigerian now refer to OBJ as a saint and yardstick for measuring performance in government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2015
President jonathan has stolen billions of dollars. His loss of power will expose the endemic corruption in his government of gregarious proportions. and knowing the nature of GMB to fight corruption as his cardinal point in the agenda, jonaboy will do almost anything to hold on for another 4 years to escape the hang man, even going as far as sabotaging nigerian's effort at ending the insurgency in the north east, because the north east is APC's enclave. Shortchanging the electorates will be a good kill for gej especially in the north east. This is beyond logical reasoning and this is the truth whether you like it or not, jonathan is on the run.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mining Must Make Africa Rich Not Poor – Ghana’s President / I Saw This On Twitter,is Lagos Still Like This / 'Leave Abia State Alone'- Abia Special Adviser To Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.