Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 (6620 Views)

Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / FG Gets $48billions(#9.6trillions) From Shell As Royalty Between 2010-2014. / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Dannyset(m): 12:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Obiagelli ooo!
U don occupy all the space finish na.
The guy with the thread u countered was just saying tra*h.
U don't need to sweat over it. Nigerians have seen the mediocrity of this govt, and they've risen to say enough is enough. So all their make threads and cooked up articles can save them.
Just as it is written, "it is finish". They are gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by OLADD: 7:09am On Feb 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

I pity and cry for these soldiers and how they seem to be sacrificial lambs. Btw since when did lying to ourselves about the poor state of our a morale become patriotic?

Can we stay away from this boko haram speculations, at least on this thread. Every government since 1960 has faced massive challenges during their tenure, they didn't go about looking for who to blame, the faced the situation head on.
Out of patriotism, please stop making excuses for the continued loss of lives in the north east.

There's nothing we do that's hidden from God Almighty.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2015
onimcee1:
good one, now compare with previous administrations.
You can start your own thread on comparison, who knows, seun might find it interesting.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
It doesn't matter it is a continuation of the same PDP govt, so the least you could do is ensure that you avoid comparing 2 different PDP governments. Abacha's regime is logical most recent government to compare the government with.
Obiagelli:

Well said, i only mentioned obj because his government was in the same decade as gej's

1 Like

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Image123(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
The summary of the OP is that our government has had it's priority wrongly placed and that needs to change. If those $billions of dollars were spent judiciously on infrastructure instead of few people's stomach, Nigeria would be a better place today, and the GEJ administration would have been heros.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by jdilight(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2015
Obiagelli:
I came across this thread " Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad" and i thought to myself, if these are the achievements of President Jonathan then i must have over rated him even in my displeasure.

Budget breakdown

2010 = N4.07 trillion naira

2011 = N4.22 trillion naira

2012 = N4.74 trillion naira

2013 = N4.92 trillion naira

2014 = N4.6 Trillion naira

Total = N22.5 trillion naira,

That's about $135billion dollars.

So i ask are these achievements worth $135 billion dollars?

A responsible government @ 50 % capital expenditure would have spent $70 billion dollars on infrastructure, we could have achieved 10,000 megawatts for less than $20 billion (using the Chinese example)

We would still have balance to build several refineries @ $10 ( Dangote refinery costs $2 billion)

We could have high speed rail around the country for less than $20 billion

We could have built world class Universities for less than $500 million dollars each.

Nigeria deserves better.

How much do Nigeria pay salary per year?
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2015
jdilight:

The finance ministry should answer that.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2015
Image123:
The summary of the OP is that our government has had it's priority wrongly placed and that needs to change. If those $billions of dollars were spent judiciously on infrastructure instead of few people's stomach, Nigeria would be a better place today, and the GEJ administration would have been heros.
God bless you.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2015
GenBuhari:
It doesn't matter it is a continuation of the same PDP govt, so the least you could do is ensure that you avoid comparing 2 different PDP governments. Abacha's regime is logical most recent government to compare the government with.
Abacha's government too far off, several factors have changed compared to now.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Image123(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
jdilight:

Whose salary? How many people's salary out of 170million people's budget?
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by PedroJP(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Freedom of information is my right. Why should I thank you for given me my right? what is this?

When others refused to sign it into law u kept ur dump mouth silent and didn't remember it was ur right. That's ingratitude

Mynd44:

Has the purchasing power of the currency increased? If you increased my wage and I still can't feed my family even with a positive differential, it is pointless

Ur wage was increased and u still can't feed ur family shud have u blamed for it. What are u doing to help ur country, or are u going to wait for GEJ to come and do d feeding proper for u. Another act of ingratitude cos of ur hate.

Mynd44:

We all know this is bullshit. This is a huge lie

Lies but u wudn't even mention d least he has done. Don't just shout lies, tell us the extent of his performance to beat the lies not just to shout lies

Mynd44:

Do I need to remind you people that we actually took a loan to do this? Ethiopia and Mexico took the same loan and built better things

It's not better cos GEJ is concerned. State the facts, tell us how much we borrowed and that of Ethiopia and Mexico. Tell us how much each invested in that area and the extent they'v gone with it.

Mynd44:

I should thank him for free and fair elections? Now i'm a clown

Why not ? International community praised him why not u as a citizen ? Or u prefer such conducted by past administrations ?

Mynd44:

Quantity of the universities is BS. Has the quality increased? Hell No!!!

Should start from you now, always be positive and truthful and things will get better.

Mynd44:

What? those are secondary schools for Obatala's sakes.
The Federal government built 12 secondary schools...lets start dancing. Tinubu (corrupy as you call him) Built 30 Secondaru schools and we don't even remember

Something did to a poeple that their elites when in power denied them, yet u can't see any good thing in it.

Mynd44:

Right now, power generation is at 2,869 MW so please scratch that and don't lie

A complete lie. 2,869 MW ? Non was generated during OBJ's then.

Mynd44:

Prices of food has come down? Have you been eating mouldy bread? There has been no decrease in food prices. enter market to compare the prices of Yam, Garri, rice and beans

Didn't reduce but at least stable and affordable.

Mynd44:

How much are we paying for the fuel? why are our refineries not working?.

Are u putting it all on GEJ's administration when Nigeria has been existing b4 he took power ? Why not give him chance and time to have ur refineries built here and there.

Mynd44:

Should we paste pictures of the airports? You will be surprised

i bet u will go there searching for a place that will suit ur evil mind to snap.

Mynd44:

wow.....things like the immigration scam right?

U'll only see that of the immigration cos of ur "all are bad in GEJ's govt" mindset.

Mynd44:

i notice you ignored security, monetary policy, foreign policy, the strikes, infrastructural development, legal procedures and how last year Soldiers were chasing newspaper trucks all over Nigeria and siezing copies to destroy, arrested editors and this month, seizing copies of the Economist magazines for not supporting them.

You also ignored the apparent Ethno-Religious politics GEJ and Sambo play.

i equally noticed u lack knowledge of those trying to disrupt his govt through so many media which he shud defend himself when and where possible.

U didn't even appreciate the fact that corps members allower was increased and it helps so many youths have sthing in pocket or have sthing to engage in after their service yr.

If u continue to criticise this way, i don't think u'll live long.

2 Likes

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by PedroJP(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Image123:

the OP must b among those stomachs now being threatened by GEJ's stance. There shall be income disitribution equallity come GEJ's next tenure at the expense of those cabals now rooting for Gen Buharia.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by kay1one2(m): 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Obiagelli:

Beyond your mental capacity? I understand bro. It wouldn't just happen you know, you have to keep working at it.

Psychosis can be birth from unnecessary logic! Keep thinking you're smart. I'll term that joblessness!
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Image123(m): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
PedroJP:

the OP must b among those stomachs now being threatened by GEJ's stance. There shall be income disitribution equallity come GEJ's next tenure at the expense of those cabals now rooting for Gen Buharia.
Kindly analyze your statement. What is GEJ 's stance and how/why is the OP threatened? Where did you hear about this income distribution equality plan, it sounds nice? Who are cabals and what are their expenses?

1 Like

Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by otokx(m): 1:25am On Apr 06, 2015
This is good stuff.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by tolustx(m): 10:42am On Apr 18, 2015
Obiagelli:
I came across this thread " Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad" and i thought to myself, if these are the achievements of President Jonathan then i must have over rated him even in my displeasure.

Budget breakdown

2010 = N4.07 trillion naira

2011 = N4.22 trillion naira

2012 = N4.74 trillion naira

2013 = N4.92 trillion naira

2014 = N4.6 Trillion naira

Total = N22.5 trillion naira,

That's about $135billion dollars.

So i ask are these achievements worth $135 billion dollars?

A responsible government @ 50 % capital expenditure would have spent $70 billion dollars on infrastructure, we could have achieved 10,000 megawatts for less than $20 billion (using the Chinese example)

We would still have balance to build several refineries @ $10 ( Dangote refinery costs $2 billion)

We could have high speed rail around the country for less than $20 billion

We could have built world class Universities for less than $500 million dollars each.

Nigeria deserves better.
This is what many people are good @ staying in one corner of ur room and just blowing figures like u are experienced in d field. When put in such a field to now perfom, they perform woefully. It is easier to critisize than to do d right thing ursef.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Ur own mental p de reach roof ooooo
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Day169: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2015
Its not rocket science my dear.
Increased national debt during a period of incrased revenue can mean only one thing: GRAND LARCENY!
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by Genius100: 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
Mykevp2p:

If 40% is your benchmark of prudence in budgeting, then that honor should go to GEJ not OBJ.

The highest OBJ did was 34% while GEJ did 40.2% in 2010.

Just like GEJ said recently, the issue of corruption mostly are based perception. There is a perception that Jonathan is corrupt while Buhari is not, if both spend the same amount of money, we will more likely to say that Jonathan inflated his amount. Just like the PDP and APC now, everything done by APC are right while all PDP policies, no matter how good the are, is termed corrupt.

I will give you one example.

Just yesterday, someone compared the price of APC train and that of another country, APC defence was you cannot compare because of demolition of house and price of land etc.

Yet, it was convenient for the same APC to compare the proposed Abuja runway with other countries to tell us that Jonathan is corrupt.

The main reason GEJ will lose this election is not really because of performance but bad publicity and not indirectly controlling the press.

Dude, you are a clown. First, provide proof that we did 40% capital expenditures in 2010. Second, how can you focus on just 2010 and call Jona a hero? Did you consider the fact that in 2010, we had access to more revenue than OBJ ever had? Why don't you tell us what capital expenditure was from 2011 - 2015 so we can see if Jona is a hero.
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by PassingShot(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
This is a very good thread that should not only make the FP but also be fixed at the top of Politics sections.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, please do the needful. grin
Re: Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 by frrank(m): 8:46am On May 03, 2015
@Op, why should it make front page? What do you think you stand to gain?

There's a post you created sometimes this year, with your usual facts & conviction, but it turned out you were wrong.

Stop trying to be showy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo's Son Dare & His White Wife And Son / Nnamdi Kanu And Donald Trump Rocks Similar Prayer Shawl, See Photo / See Reactions On Twitter As Nigeria Selects President 2023 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.