Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? (30183 Views)

Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / Is President Jonathan Really Not Bad? Budget 2010 - 2014 / Is Jonathan Really Bad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Bog12: 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? Am not a Politician but I was just evaluating GEJ so far in the office, yes he is corrupt! whenever the body is rotten the head is bad so he is corrupt so do all other past Leaders but.....

1] Goodluck Jonathan signed FOI bill that Obasanjo refused to sign and you join then in saying that Goodluck is bad.

2] Goodluck approved N18,000 Minimum wage from N7,500 Which Obasanjo refused to sign and you say that Goodluck is bad and NYSC
allowance from N7,500 to nearly approved N39,500, yet they say he is bad.

3] Goodluck dualized federal roads (about 25,000km) which Obasanjo and past Govts abandoned and you say Goodluck is bad.

4] The rail system is working now, with little budget But Obasanjo Sunk billions of dollars without result, other pasts leader ignored and you
say that Goodluck is bad.

5] Goodluck has been conducting free and fair elections whereas the ones conducted under Obasanjo are Shameful and national disgrace yet
you say Goodluck is bad.

6] Goodluck established 12 new universities, 9 in the North to improve learning and knowledge and increase the Jambites admission rate, yet
you say that Goodluck is bad.

7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for Northern abandoned street children and those deprived of education by their own people and
you say Goodluck is bad.

8] Goodluck has been building dams and improving the country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW - And successfully privatized the sector
which many analyst believed is the best way to go and you joined them say that Goodluck is bad.

9] Agriculture have been revamped and for the first time in Nigerian history, Food prices came down during Christmas, instead of skyrocketing
and you say that he is a bad President.

10] 2013 and 2014 was the Christmas in Nigeria, where Nigerian did not sleep in filling stations for 3 to 4 days to get Petrol or 100s of people
being roasted alive in attempts to get fuel in petrol stations, wickedly, you joined them to say that our God given President is not
performing.

11] Airports are wearing world class looks and every zone have International airport and you say Goodluck is bad.

12] This administration has employed more people in their 5years in office than any other in the history of Nigeria [Via Agric, Energy sector,16 New Car Companies, 12 New Universities, 3,826 primary Health care Centers, Teaching Hospitals] SURE-P, YOUWIN and you say Goodluck is bad. Now do you think that General Muhammadu Buhari will perform magic, which he could not do when he was in his 40s, if you vote him?

What else do they want from President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

350 Likes 77 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by lirusehn(m): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2015

to you he is not bad. to SOME he is bad . to ME he is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria . nice writeup #teamGej

241 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Adminisher: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
Yes. GEJ is really bad.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Bog12: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
lirusehn:

to you he is not bad. to SOME he is bad . to ME he is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria . nice writeup #teamGej

Truly! to some he is nobody...I never like GEJ up till now but why do they refused to feature better candidate for us to choose from... I guess its a game of Politics in Naija.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by alaoeri: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
GEJ is not only bad but also consume too much of ogogoro & runs a mediocre government which we can't afford for another 4years.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by prelomo: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
YES

5 Likes

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by darksuit(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
13] He oversaw the release of the kidnapped chibok girls.

The fact remains that if someone u knew had been part of those girls, u would have been dancing to a different tune.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Orunto: 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
GEJ IS EDUCATED, INSTRUCTIVE AND BLUFFING ALL OUR FORMER ILLITERATE LEADERS. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE JEALOUS. THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANY BETTER SYSTEM DESIGNER LIKE HIM BEFORE. THEY ARE JUST SHAMELESSLY BLEEPING HIM LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTRE AND HE IS WINNING. GEJ TILL 2019!!!!

135 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Dannyset(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
U agreed he is corrupt! GBAM!
Pls leave the rest of the story. Thanks for affirming the known. If u like polish "Stealing" not to look like "Corruption". We hav our own conventionally accepted definition of it.
If u like tell us "tales by moonlight", #WeHaveDecided. Let's go to the polls if JonaThieves are not afraid.
Give us free, fair, credible election and see who goes home.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by olapluto(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
No need commenting on lies. You said OBJ sunk billions into the railway system. Well, it may help you to know that those billions are the trains we now see around. GEJ has very little to do with the railway transformation apart from taking the glory.
About the other lies like NYSc, minimum wage, etc, I leave you to your conscience.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by joseph1832(m): 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
darksuit:

The fact remains that if someone u knew had been part of those girls, u would have been dancing to a different tune.
Don't mind Bog12! Indeed if his sister had been among the kidnapped girls who won't be saying this. I also believe if his cousin or one of his family had been among those who lost their lives in the Immigration Job Scam he won't be saying all he said above. Even if he was among those scammed in the Immigration Job Scam he would really be singing a different tone.

I've noticed a common trend among we Nigerians: as long as something doesn't affect us or our relative we don't seen to care. We sit back and believe everything is okay.

The same can be said with the moslems in the north, when Boko Haram started their killing of just christians and bombing our churches, they all kept mute, as soon as Boko Haram can't distinguish between christian or moslem, the moslems started shouting "Na moslem Boko Haram kill pass christians oh".

I will say it and continue to say it, evil must never be left unchecked, neither should it be condone or ignored, for evil left alone blossoms like a flower. It must be fought constantly so it will not metamorphose. The first stage is to identify the evil. The second stage is to constantly fight against that evil. The last stage is to protect yourself and make damn sure that you don't become the very evil you fight!.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by darksuit(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
joseph1832:
Don't mind Bog12! Indeed if his sister had been among the kidnapped girls who won't be saying this. I also believe if his cousin or one of his family had been among those who lost their lives in the Immigration Job Scam he won't be saying all he said above. Even if he was among those scammed in the Immigration Job Scam he would really be singing a different tone.

I've noticed a common trend among we Nigerians: as long as something doesn't affect us or our relative we don't seen to care. We sit back and believe everything is okay.

The same can be said with the moslems in the north, when Boko Haram started their killing of just christians and bombing our churches, they all kept mute, as soon as Boko Haram can't distinguish between christian or moslem, the moslems started shouting "Na moslem Boko Haram kill pass christians oh".

I will say it and continue to say it, evil must never be left unchecked, neither should it be condone or ignored, for evil left alone blossoms like a flower. It must be fought constantly so it will not metamorphose. The first stage is to identify the evil. The second stage is to constantly fight against that evil. The last stage is to protect yourself and make damn sure that you don't become the very evil you fight!.
wagbayi jor

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by laplace19(m): 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
GEJ is not bad, I must say.... just that some people can and will never see anything good in his administration.... they have hardened their hearts...

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by azimibraun: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nobody badder!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by anonimi: 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Bog12:
Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? Am not a Politician but I was just evaluating GEJ so far in the office, yes he is corrupt! whenever the body is rotten the head is bad so he is corrupt so do all other past Leaders but.....

Kindly note that Jonathan is NOT corrupt, see what El-Rufai said about him.

He is also the ONLY living elected officer to have declared his assets publicly.

egin:
Source http://pointblanknews.com/

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan 
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.

Let us stop believing the LIES and propaganda of the APCheat.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by jdilight(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
darksuit:

The corpers who were killed because Goodluck won election, are chibok girls better than them.

Or is it because your brother was not among them?

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Prodeegee(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
laplace19:
GEJ is not bad, I must say.... just that some people can and will never see anything good in his administration.... they have hardened their hearts...

Show us, let's see
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Prodeegee(m): 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
jdilight:

The corpers who were killed because Goodluck won election, are chibok girls better than them.

So what ure saying now is,its a life for life game. Welldone

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by jdilight(m): 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
Prodeegee:

So what ure saying now is,its a life for life game. Welldone

Its not life for life game. But no life is lest important than the other.

How many times did you talk about the corpers that spend years studying, with little or no food only to be wasted by people who has never taking time to develop their brain.

Anytime a mother who spent her life saving to train a graduate who was murder on a national assignment hear people like you idolizing secondary schools missing children who everyone is prayer to be found in the pretense of sympathy, more tears run throw her eyes.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by laplace19(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
Prodeegee:

Show us, let's see

Needless to waste my time showing you... Cos you must have hardened your heart too..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by darksuit(m): 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
jdilight:

grin You see, uhm, Goodluck won d election,
corpers died and chibok girls were kidnapped.
Both happened after he had been elected.
So you see grin
in an attempt to discredit my opinion u ended
up making a fool of urself!
And as prodeegee meant to say, diaris God o

5 Likes

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Prodeegee(m): 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
anonimi:

Kindly note that Jonathan is NOT corrupt, see what El-Rufai said about him.

He is also the ONLY living elected officer to have declared his assets publicly.

Let us stop believing the LIES and propaganda of the APCheat.

My broda...El rufai is 50yrs. He also shd be relaxing and let young Nigerians rule.

3 Likes

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by ellechrystal(f): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
No he isn't, he just came at a bad tym

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nehemiah459(m): 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
joseph1832:

In Nairaland, here is the stats as at, 11:30pm Friday, February 13, 2015 Stats: 1311104 members, 1882199 topics. What baffles me is that I haven't seen a topic or anybody saying that his/her sister is among the kidnapped girls. Do you mean to prove to me that among 1.3million members on NL and ...million internet users in Nigeria, there is no one that his/her sister is among them?

I comment my reserve.

NB: I am not affiliated to any political coven.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by joseph1832(m): 9:23am On Feb 14, 2015
Nehemiah459:
In Nairaland, here is the stats as at, 11:30pm Friday, February 13, 2015 Stats: 1311104 members, 1882199 topics. What baffles me is that I haven't seen a topic or anybody saying that his/her sister is among the kidnapped girls. Do you mean to prove to me that among 1.3million members on NL and ...million internet users in Nigeria, there is no one that his/her sister is among them?

I comment my reserve.

NB: I am not affiliated to any political coven.
You should also ask where the members of Nairaland reside. I'll bet you that the majority of the members here are from the southern parts of the country! Also if you compare the number of internet users in the south to that of the north, you'll discover that the south have more internet users.

7 Likes

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nehemiah459(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2015
joseph1832:
You should also ask where the members of Nairaland reside. I'll bet you that the majority of the members here are from the southern parts of the country! Also if you compare the number of internet users in the south to that of the north, you'll discover that the south have more internet users.
What of Facebook, Twitter, and other media houses. Nobody has ever granted interview about his/her missing sister.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by joseph1832(m): 10:26am On Feb 14, 2015
Nehemiah459:
What of Facebook, Twitter, and other media houses. Nobody has ever granted interview about his/her missing sister.
You still don't get it, what are the percentage of people living in the north who use social media? My brother, have you ever been to the north before?. If you really have you'll understand what I am saying. I wonder whether you want a man who live in a mud house to start using a smart phone or open a facebook account.

4 Likes

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by rozayx5(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2015
mods frontpage

1 Like

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by jmaine: 10:35am On Feb 14, 2015
olapluto:
No need commenting on lies. You said OBJ sunk billions into the railway system. Well, it may help you to know that those billions are the trains we now see around. GEJ has very little to do with the railway transformation apart from taking the glory.
About the other lies like NYSc, minimum wage, etc, I leave you to your conscience.

The same way OBJ sunk billions of naira into the Benin- Ore road without a shred of "change" noticed until the current admin broke the jinx and fixed that axis for good.

Please tell us another story cos this is a very weak attempt.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
GEJ TILL WIZKID WINS A GRAMMY

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
Take it or leave it,President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has been the best president that led Nigeria more than any two other ex-president put together since the practice of democracy...

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Immigration Boss Carpets Ex-minister, Moro. / How Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi Sold Their Candidacy To Nigerians / Trademore Issues 48-Hour Ultimatum To EFCC Over Wrongfully Sealed Estates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.