Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. (2882 Views)

Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / A Mathematical Analysis Of The Proposed N5000 Stipends For Unemployed Youths / Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
Assume corruption is a universal set.
The subsets of this universal set are stealing,tribal bias in official appointments,not doing what you are paid to do, not following due process etc.

A subset of a universal set is equal to that universal set if and only if every element in the universal set is also in that subset and have same magnitude.

Stealing is a financial crime. Stealing is not the same as tribal bias or not following due process, yet they all belong to the same universal set (corruption).

Stealing is a partition or a class of corruption.
Stealing is a subset of corruption.
Corruption is a superset of stealing.

Hence stealing is not corruption.

Note:
Stealing is in corruption,but stealing is not corruption.Nigeria is in Africa,but Nigeria is not Africa.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by rajonahmedg: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Assume corruption is a universal set.
The subsets of this universal set are stealing,tribal bias in official appointments,not doing what you are paid to do, not following due process etc.

A subset of a universal set is equal to that universal set if and only if every element in the universal set is also in that subset and have same magnitude.

Stealing is a financial crime. Stealing is not the same as tribal bias or not following due process, yet they all belong to the same universal set (corruption).

Stealing is a partition or a class of corruption.
Stealing is a subset of corruption.
Corruption is a superset of stealing.

Hence stealing is not corruption.

Note:
Stealing is in corruption,but stealing is not corruption.Nigeria is in Africa,but Nigeria is not Africa.
Hmmm really very nice article.Thanks for share it.
Hmmm really very nice article.Thanks for share it.
http://www.infotechment.com/2013/02/some-techniques-to-get-more-comments-in_28.html
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
good example of corruption

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
mikeansy:
yeah. Buhari is a good example of corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by jmaine: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nice one . .
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Young03(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hmmm...ok o
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by tobechi20(m): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
All corruption is stealing but not All stealin is corruption

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by ababat: 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
I don't quite agree with your line of reasoning. The question is not whether stealing is equal to corruption ( which you convincingly proved mathematically). It is whether stealing is corruption or not. Reading most of the comments on this topic, there seem to be a consensus that stealing is a subset of corruption. But whether this makes it corruption is where people differ. My own take on this matter is that if stealing is a subset of corruption, then stealing is corruption. For instance, a rabbit is subset or a family) of the animal kingdom, therefore a rabbit is an animal.

6 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
tobechi20:
All corruption is stealing but not All stealin is corruption
can you prove it?
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
ababat:
I don't quite agree with your line of reasoning. The question is not whether stealing is equal to corruption ( which you convincingly proved mathematically). It is whether stealing is corruption or not. Reading most of the comments on this topic, there seem to be a consensus that stealing is a subset of corruption. But whether this makes it corruption is where people differ. My own take on this matter is that if stealing is a subset of corruption, then stealing is corruption. For instance, a rabbit is subset or a family) of the animal kingdom, therefore a rabbit is an animal.
Nigeria is a country in Africa,can you say Nigeria is Africa?

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Fash20: 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Nigeria is a country in Africa,can you say Nigeria is Africa?
No but Nigeria and africa are somehow related. when something happens in Nigeria I already know its in africa. Therefore Nigeria is lessthan or equal to africa .
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fash20:
No but Nigeria and africa are somehow related. when something happens in Nigeria I already know its in africa. Therefore Nigeria is lessthan or equal to africa .
you are partially right.Nigeria is less than but not equal to Africa. Nigeria is a proper subset of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Zeezy99: 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
OP you are just as clueless as your Oga@dTOP.

For your information...the theory of sets and subsets does not apply to this matter in that way...

Lets look at it with simple common sense:
Another word for corruption is "VICE" or "BAD HABIT"

Stealing is a vice
Stealing is a bad habit
Stealing is a corrupt act
Stealing is corruption

Anyhow you want to put it...the fact remains the same

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Jesusloveyou: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
mikeansy:
u saTANiod are really corruption impersonified,ur first lady that receive bilions every month did not deem it fit to give to d needy,d only thing she knows how to do,is to go around disgracing herself with grammar,don't worry shepopotamus and d clueless phd without thesis wil speak grammar inside jail on july 30th 2015.for now is buhari 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Adminisher: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
ababat:
This is the correct explanation. Most people who use mathematics to explain things either fail in defining the problem correctly, mis interpret some variable definitions or use the axioms that mathematical analysis is based upon in a very wrong manner.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Adminisher: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
mikeansy:

I don't think Mrs Buhari was donating her own money. I actually seriously suspect it was a Borno State event that she was asked to be chief donor.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by abes(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Akara is not beans.

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by lyntiffany(f): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
fufu is not cassava.

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by abes(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ebola is not virus

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by abes(m): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Kpomo is not skin

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by dlox147(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fash20:
following your analysis above, the relationship between stealing and corruption is that, they are both crimes.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
ababat:
In mathematics if you say a is be, it means that you can prove that a =b.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
soe:
OP you are just as clueless as your Oga@dTOP.

For your information...the theory of sets and subsets does not apply to this matter in that way...

Lets look at it with simple common sense:
Another word for corruption is "VICE" or "BAD HABIT"

Stealing is a vice
Stealing is a bad habit
Stealing is a corrupt act
Stealing is corruption

Anyhow you want to put it...the fact remains the same
I am simply saying that stealing is a class and not all of corruption. Use your common sense na
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
ababat:
can you say every animal is a rabbit?
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
abes:
Ebola is not virus
is every virus ebola?
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
abes:
Ebola is not virus
is every virus ebola,is every corruption stealing?
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lateralmaths:
I am simply saying that stealing is a class and not all of corruption. Use your common sense na
sharrap dia..mugun

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by sammyj: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
Foolish thought, Abeg make i got sleep!!!

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
sammyj:
Foolish thought, Abeg make i got sleep!!!
shows the depth of your thinking
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
soe:
sharrap dia..mugun
I won't dignify you with any comment.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption; A Mathematical Proof. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Lateralmaths:
I won't dignify you with any comment.
lol u just did

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud / (must Read): We Will Surprise Nigeria -----ipob Youths / After Abubakar Audu Death, Whats Next In Kogi State Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.