Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? (925 Views)

If Love Is Not Enough For Marriage, What Is? / 11 Benefits Of No Sex Before Marriage (Abstinence) / Photos! If You Attended This Traditional Marriage What Would You Have Done. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by blessedjosh(m): 1:25am On Feb 16, 2015
I listened to a radio program on valentine's day with the topic; the importance of sex in a relationship. As someone who believes that one should have sex only within the confines of marriage, I was rudely shocked to hear one of the panelist; a youth corper boldly supporting the idea that sex is very essential in a relationship outside marriage. When asked at what age she would then recommend for 2 livers to stsrt having sex, she said 18 is ojay. She was then asked what she will advice an 18 year old girl who gets pregnant for a 19 year old boy? You can guess her reply.
Well, the whole thing got me really thinking. I'm wondering if all those that believe in expressing your sexuality/ passion ourdide marriage, can/will boldly and publickly teach their children to do so, and if yes, at what age can they start 'firing'?
NLERS, YOUR SINCERE OPINION PLS.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by sinaj(f): 1:27am On Feb 16, 2015
i will comment at dawn...my brain iz processing some relevant info. rite now nd ai dnt wnt to disrupt it...
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by ronald4lif(m): 1:27am On Feb 16, 2015
sinaj:
booked

How many plots undecided
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by ronald4lif(m): 1:32am On Feb 16, 2015
I share the sentiment of the youth corper to some extent. I think at 18 a girl can start having sex if they feel they are ready for it. However, I won't advise my daughter to start having sex, no no. All I ll do is educate her about sex and it implications in life. The needs to be sure the guy it's worth it and the necessary preventive measures she can take.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by ivyT(f): 1:43am On Feb 16, 2015
Oh well
brain's blank 4 nw y'all
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by Enegod(m): 1:57am On Feb 16, 2015
I'm a hypocrite. I'll tell my teenage daughter that she should wait. I'll tell my teenage son he should wait. However, I didn't when I was their age. I remember my teacher when I was 19 and he told me of that age old wisdom that we pass on to our kids and other generations...."Do what I tell you and not what I do or have done"
At your age, just wait. By the time you
meet the man of your dreams, it will be
worth the wait.undecided
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by jerrymej(m): 2:02am On Feb 16, 2015
sinaj:
i will comment at dawn...my brain iz processing some relevant info. rite now nd ai dnt wnt to disrupt it...

When the process is finished you air your point!

Am waiting
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by braine(m): 2:06am On Feb 16, 2015
My boy should do before marriage. But I'll make sure my girls keep themselves as long as they can near marriage. lipsrsealed
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 16, 2015
When the time is right, I'd probably be that kind of father that would give a condom to his child and instruct him to sing the safe sex anthem but try not to have sex at all.

I'm not in support of kids having sex before attaining adulthood. The risk it presents abound.

As a parent, offering them sex education at those stages would go a long way in helping them strike the right judgement when the time is right.

From 0-12years - Try to create the impression that sex isn't a topic that is worth discussing or an act that is worth practising at his/her age.

From 13-18years - Offer your child who's now a teen the best of sex education. Such edification stays with them forever and determines their choices.

From 18 to Full-flegded Adult: Your adolescent child must have become more independent and is raring to explore various life possibilities. The choices is theirs to make at this stage and all you can hope is that your sex education of the previous years would help him/her to make the right call.

Never easy to be a parent though. The thoughts of becoming one someday has a special way of scaring me.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by ronald4lif(m): 2:14am On Feb 16, 2015
braine:
My boy should do before marriage. But I'll make sure my girls keep themselves as long as they can near marriage. lipsrsealed

Lol! Who ll your boys be doing? Another man's 18 year old daughter init grin

Abeg if you hide your daughter from my boy I hide my daughters from your boys too jare undecided

1 Like

Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 16, 2015
Use condom
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by Chidonc(m): 2:17am On Feb 16, 2015
I will only advice my teenage daughter on d dangers of premarital sex and teenage pregnacy, I won't b d one 2 tell her when she would b sexual active but I must guaranty her dat if she gets pregnant in my house, then I will definately give her 2 senator YERIMA 4 marriage
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by Pasqa: 2:20am On Feb 16, 2015
By age 18,a child should be old enough to make his/her own decisions backed up with sex education from their parents and teachers.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by asadike(f): 2:23am On Feb 16, 2015
I go train am in God's way, back it up wit prayers. I will educate her on sex but I will ensure that rhe dangers are far greater than its good
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by braine(m): 2:26am On Feb 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol! Who ll your boys be doing? Another man's 18 year old daughter init grin

Abeg if you hide your daughter from my boy I hide my daughters from your boys too jare undecided

Hahaha!! And my boy would do somebary else's girls.. Abi?? At the rate at which girls are populating the earth, there would be enough to go round. cheesy cheesy
Re: Sex Before Marriage, What Willl You Advice Your Children? by blessedjosh(m): 10:59am On Feb 16, 2015
For those who will educate their children on sex education and leave them to makethe choice of having sex or not before marriage, would they take a step forward by providing them with condoms incase they decide to have sex?

(1) (Reply)

Warning For Guys / Ladies, How He bleeped You & Got Away With It (must Read) / Calabar Ladies And The Love For Thier Pets!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.