Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime (30702 Views)

Apply Now For Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Job Vacancy For Chief Imam / Vacancy At The Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation / New Regime: Hope For Last Regime Unfinished Job Replacement Into NIS Or NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by synergycom19: 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
patmaine:
even if you 're blind. you can never compare obj time with GEJ. 're u guys blind not to notice the news companies springing up here and there....all the vehicle Manufacturing companies. all the agric companies springing up. here and there. who do they employ.

How can you guys lie so openly.

Nigerians who 're hard working 're sucking up to the goods of this administration and is creating jobs...

Nigerian economy is growing at increased pace. while u 're hear ranting. no worry stay home no go find wetin u go do. wait for Goodluck to spoon feed you...
what kind of business are you doing?which responsibilities did you have?where are you dependants?
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
AreaFada2:

You're joking, right? So you have monopoly over knowledge and truth. You must be superhuman! grin

The economic recession lasted over 5 years. Who was in power when Lamido Sanusi brought on questionable policies?

So in your limited knowledge & narrow view, the recession did not affect Nigeria? If you had lost millions in Nigerian stock market, you'd know better. Typical 9ja mentality, if you're not personally affected, all is well.

Everybody with a few mb to throw insult online is now an economic expert. Smh.
No jokes!
You think recession hit Nigeria, pls google is ur friend.
You have no clue what a recession is. Right in the middle of a world recession there was an employment boom and an upward economic tilt in Nigeria
Recession was well and truly over by d time Gej came into power
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by nonny001(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
9jatriot:

You mean he has made more noise about it on the media. Nothing really on ground to show development except what the government itself tells us, no blueprint for development, no real tangible improvement. the only area they seem to have done well is fertilizer distribution, even then I am taking their word for it and not from real farmers.

Hope you know that real farmers are in the villages not those portfolio farmers always attending one meeting or the other in Abuja.

You see! That's one thing i love about GEJ. He's not about settling those that can make the loudest noise. He's about taking an holistic approach to solving Nigeria's Numerous problems. How i wish those poor village farmers can be savvy enough to use the internet (and be in nairaland). I'm sure this discussion will be different.

By the way, how come he succeeded in fertilizer distribution but not in Agriculture. If you can successfully get fertilizers to real farmers, what do you think will naturally happen to their yield? Think about that. All that is required is just COMMON sense.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by ideologies(m): 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
Acidosis:
I think you should also consider the number of businesses the Corporate Affairs Commission has registered over the past 4 years.

By "job" do you mean those who wear suit and resume office 7 am? or those engaging in profitable and legal ventures?

Take a trip to CAC office at Ikeja and you will be amazed at the rate at which Nigerians troop in to get their businesses registered.

I won't stop insulting Nigerians because our level of reasoning is sooo low.

How can a normal human being examine job creation in the context of Immigration and UBA job? Are you guys really du.m b or you just choose to be du. mb on special threads against GEJ?

Do you know the number of graduates who now own their private schools? farms? e-businesses? where was nairaland 6 years ago and where is Nairaland today? who are those paying for the massive adverts on Nairaland today? What are they advertising? Poo?

Why not take statistics from CAC, FRSC? Why don't you analyse the rate at which youths get legal wealth, build houses, buy cars these days?

The world has moved away from the era of Civil Service/Servant most of you are advocating. This is the same evil your past military governments planted in your fore heads & corrupt eyes such that your eyes now view JOB creation ONLY in the context of SHELL, NNPC & CBN - that can barely take 100 employees (all together) in a whole year.

By the way, who says Govt aren't recruiting? The army Is currently recruiting graduates; go and get a form and stop perpetrating propaganda on the Internet. Some of us are not blind. We are aware of the fact that Dangote has recruited thousands of graduates over the past few years. We can see new lecturers In the new institutions, etc.

No government is perfect; none can do all; no one!
reading through some post here, i pity some Nigerians who just stay in their bedroom, listen to propaganda spreaded by opposition. Without being objective, waiting for government to employ them.

1. There is no bank in Nigeria that have not recruited in the last 12months graduate trainees not to mention other positions.
2. Telecom is expanding, more recruits eg MTN/ETISALAT,
More SME's in the industry
3. The number of farmers in Nigeria is on the increase.
4. More enterpenurs - in the last 4years, have seen new brands of soap, fruit juice, creams, etc. Are people not working there??
5. E-commerce is on the increase, just go to business section and advert on Nairaland here and take your statistics. How many people knew konga, jumia, kaymu, dealday etc as at 2007
6. Companies in oil sector as recruiting weekly.
7. The number of tertiary institutions have increased since 2011, are they not recruiting new lecturers
8. More logistics and haulage firms

Have not even mentioned govt agencies, NNPC, CUSTOMS, NAVY, ARMY, FAAN, FOREIGN AFFAIRS, IMMIGRATION, Road safety, civil defense, etc.
THERE IS A BAKERY JUST AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE ESTATE, WHERE I LIVE, HE OWNER IS A BENEFICIARY OF YOUWIN.
The bakery is a product of YOUWIN, THAT BAKERY HAS 30staff.
Don't forget there are other beneficiary across the country,

SURE-P is also giving recent graduates, a-year experience in various fields to aid them get employment, some have been retained by the firms they worked

Some Nigerian are very funny, keep waiting …, instead of improving your skills, adding more value so that they can fit in the any job available, they keep spending hours on social media and waiting for government to spoon feed them.

People are changing jobs like tomorrow no de, as I speak, I had an interview today that O rescheduled for Thursday.
Check this jobs threads on all jobs advertised and find out the statistics.

I pity some people

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Dee60: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
It never makes sense to compare the past and the present. The conditions are not the same!

When OBJ was president Nigeria had a debt burden that was as big as its GDP. Tha was fully cleared. On top of it a savings of USD23billion was kept aside. Any incoming government should have built on that to further improve on development.

Instead, what have you today? The debt has been built up again and the savings have been squandered. We should be seeing a lot of things that money has done. But we cant!
Any honest Nigerian will agree that today's government has failed in this respect.

4 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Kingspin(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
idsamoo:

Mumuu...
Monkey!
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by 9jatriot(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
nonny001:

Yes, "Registering biz names is not same as running businesses". I agree! But do you agree that the rate of business registration in a country is a good measure of the number of new (legitimate) business that spring up? You said that most private business have not still paid January salary. How do you know?

Yes it's true! Real business owners are complaining about this economy - they've been complaining for a very very long time. But one thing they all agree is that under Jonathan, it is getting better.

Ok! Look at Dangote, the richest man in Africa. He's now investing in Nigeria like never before. He's investing in agriculture. He's working on building new refineries. He's among the 6 big investors that will start mining companies in 2015. If that kind of man can confidently put his money into Nigeria's economy, then who are you to say that the economy is not growing?

Why not go update your knowledge on the Nigerian economy before continuing this discussion with me. Let me make it easier for you. Visit this link... http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/9-smart-ways-president-jonathan-is.html
One at a time, How do I know most coy have not paid? Peer group discussion.

Number of registration does not translate into development. Let me burst your bubble, some of those registrations are hurriedly done to siphon money by politicians, by awarding fictitious contracts to themselves. The oil subsidy investigation revealed as much. Businesses have been complaining, but 2013/2014 were particularly bad years for company. December 2014 when the dollars left 160 to 200 crippled the others who were floating. The worst of that has not even been heard yet. For emphasis, similar to Abacha days honest businesses are not smiling.

You guys keep referring to Dangote as if the guy suddenly got rich in 2013. That has been making money even when GEJ was probable sourcing for materials for his MSC or PHD. Moreover, he is not an SME.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by 9jatriot(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
nonny001:

You see! That's one thing i love about GEJ. He's not about settling those that can make the loudest noise. He's about taking an holistic approach to solving Nigeria's Numerous problems. How i wish those poor village farmers can be savvy enough to use the internet (and be in nairaland). I'm sure this discussion will be different.

By the way, how come he succeeded in fertilizer distribution but not in Agriculture. If you can successfully get fertilizers to real farmers, what do you think will naturally happen to their yield? Think about that. All that is required is just COMMON sense.

you wish the farmers were on nairaland to prove that GEJ has done well in agriculture? don they have children who can attest to it on their parents behalf? Abi the farmers na ghost without offsprings?

I am not totally convinced about the fertilizer claims since all that this government does is tell lies, however, even if it were true, fertilizers is a very, very small subset of a farming process. What about silos for storage? what about the markets? how about transporting the produce from inter lands to cities where they are needed? What about quality seedlings? How many times have you seen documentaries on TV telling farmers on the best ways of farming? How many times have you heard announcement telling people the weather projections for the year and advising farmers on when they should start planting because of rain expectations Incase you do not know, without fertilizer you can have a good yield if your soil is naturally good, but without a good seedling your product will still be wack., My guy fertilizer distribution is not a magic wand.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Kingspin(m): 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
yusufbida:
Dude we are not talking abt per4mas all we are saying is Employment rate, Are u sure u ve credit in English.
We have the sure-p, youwin programs. The new agriculture sector is absorbing our unemploy youth today. This is a special measures taken by this govt and it yielding results.. The fact that it has not gotten to you doesn't shows that nothing is being done. The major work of any govt. is not to create direct job but to provide the enable enivronment that can drive and attract empowerment to it people especially the youth(unemployed). Programs like, education and training(skills) grante(loan),infrastructures etc. It about good policy moreover, govt cannot give everybody job. This is a new era of governance about millions of our youths have be empowered in the last 4years more is coming. Go do ur research incase ur doubting ?
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by nonny001(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
udeh3:

Nice one joor. People these days especially youth don't even have facts, they complain too much and becomes blind to seeing opporturnities. They tag every opporturnities created by the federal govt as a scam. Where are you facts to justify our argument that obj's regime did more employment dan gej. Let me start from here: 14 universities wherr established during GEJ, at least one of those universities has a working capacities of 750 direct staffs, not even d indirect staffs. What about the on-going NNPC recruitment which has already entered the interview stage. My fellow youth, I've nobody there, bt by the grace God I was shortlisted for the interview. Did any of you complaining here or comparing here applied for d FADAMA loan, YOU WIN and SURE-P? So painful because you just follow d multitude to comment because you just want to. What about the power sector, agricultural sector, today Nigeria is one of the exporter of cement, are they not people working in d cement or sugar factories. What about the automobile sector?

Get your fact... Information is power, what kills the nigerian youth is that they spent tireles time chating and not digging out information. There're more jobs now if only you can dig them out, nobody will bring any job to your door step. The world is al about choice, choose yours now!

God bless Nigeria!

My broda! Politicians and the Youths. They've been using religion and tribe to have their way with us. But now it seems not to be working again, they want to use blind-fold (aka propaganda) to turn us to zombie again o! And it's always the youths that are at the receiving end. And we never learn.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by franugo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kingspin:
Which past leader has perform more better then Jonathan. Jona all the way joor.

more better ko?cry
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jpphilips(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
kloride:
Did you guys consider economy melt down during this regime? Base your benchmark on this factor alone then you'll understand who have done more. My 10 kobo opinion though

There was no economic melt down with GEJ only fall in crude price at the lowest of $41/bbl, there was two Global Economic melt down with OBJ, OBJ actually operated an economy with $38/bbl. Jonathan's incompetence made us know that Nigeria was paying subsidy, before now, other administrations shielded us from its adverse effects.

Jonathan's incompetence made us to know the effect of drop in crude price, conversely, OBJ had the lowest drop yet our economy was immune according to Prof. Soludo. Obj's economic team deserves a standing ovation.
Jonathan was just a distraction in government with kindergarten policies, a trainee president to say the least

Like Soludo asked, what is the "Iroko" in Jonathan's field of achievements, none.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Let me invite my good friend barcanista to this thread. Thank God this thread is from the job section, no propaganda.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jpphilips(m): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
realbomax:

get ur fact right b4 castigating someone. everything might nt be right with job searching but surep GIS has been fair in selection for d past 12 months eventhough it is nt permanent job but it's mission is still on course. GEJ has nt done well in stamping out corruptn finally but many pple who castigate him are as bad as he is. my experience is with state civil service job which fed govt is nt handling,can someone tell us how fairly has recruitment been conducted in his state without nepotism recently be it pdp or apc state?

what are you saying? Jonathan had a lot of opportunities to strike but he is abusing it because of greed and people like you at the receiving end are just blind.
Obj's financial sector reforms consolidated the banks, Nigeria had its first multinational financial institution under OBJ, insurance was stimulated, pension administrators, stock market, stock brokers, licensing of investment houses etc. if you were not blind, you will agree it was a boom.

Same OBJ, telecoms privatization, brought in three world class players, and a plethora of contracting firms, creating direct and indirect jobs,

Look at Jonathan, he brought a technocrat who unbundled the Power sector into Generation, distribution and transmission. Genuine privatization of each of the unbundled sector would attract as much Jobs as OBJ era, but Jonathan's insincerity will never allow anything to work.

Generation= over 23 existing power plants, Jonathan cannot even privatize it properly to create the desired Jobs, Imagine if we have 23 world class power companies in Nigeria, it will pull more effect than OBJ's 4 telecom operating companies.
Believe it or not, OBJ is corrupt but he knows when to be serious to get results, GEJ is equally corrupt, but lacks the basic will to even do the right thing let alone get results. I feel sorry for the ignorant people who want him to continue.

In the power sector alone, the jobs could have been unprecedented, GEJ just approved 750naira upfront for them as service charge and allocated large DISCOS to them, so they are not ready to work again.

How can EEDC be controlled by one person? EEDC covers Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and Abia states. if the total number of homes in this DISCO is 20million, multiply by 750 to know what this operator has made. How do you expect him to change your transformer when he has made over 15billion for doing nothing? Jonathan is just too corrupt and lacks conscience, is it now clear why Barth Nnaji left him?

According to Fredrick Stanley limited, the reason we are in darkness is because the driver of employment and economy has been shared among Jonathan and friends.

Read here:

http://fredstanly.com/Battle4Discos.html

2 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
jmaine:

Lovely submission . . . . . . .
Of course submission we can't measure will be lovely for you. Ordinary people are talking about results they can see and measure, you are talking about CAC
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
iresearcher:

Guy park well joor.

What do you know about impact Analysis.

How does the rate of business registration translate to enhanced livelihood, job creation etc.

All for what you will eat, you cannot reason well.

Between 2004-2008, I had over 30 job invitations even when I had a good job.

Now I have so many young ones around me, i cannot even get them invited for a job
text unlike that period.

Guy, no let me abuse you oo

God bless you, these people want us to measure their success with processes (often times fake stats) rather than results we can see.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
Let me invite my good friend barcanista to this thread. Thank God this thread is from the job section, no propaganda.
You noticed that I've not said anything on job creation? This is because we need to get our fact right and not say my neighbour was employed by NTA under Obj, hence he is better than Jonathan. Let me restate that Jonathan often times goofed in his handling of the economy especially the free role given to NOI, that doesn't make his predecessor Obj better. Nigeria as at today is moving towards capitalist economy, this means the civil service will continue to experience a downturn in employment while the private sector will employ more but admittedly the process is slow due to corruption in the system. With the exit of some rogues and the availability of FOI we shall continue to push for the War against corruption and will continue to disgrace corrupt officials, while we appreciate the government drives in his expansion project of the economy. The Agric, transport and manufacturing sectors that are expanding is capable of creating lots of jobs that will make our country progress and not civil service redundant jobs. Should the government up its power reform effort and pursue the provision of relevant infrastriucture as well as close up in fighting corruption, the sky will be our starting point. Thankfully, we are witnessing signs of seriousness, all we need is continuous support of the Government and criticism where possible.

With respect to Obasanjo, he KILLED the banking sector and almost destroyed our financial market, Sanusi Lamido had to clean up the system from scratch. That is why their jobs weren't sustainable. I am watching the new CBN boss and the Trade and Investment Minister closely.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by nonny001(m): 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
9jatriot:

One at a time, How do I know most coy have not paid? Peer group discussion.

Number of registration does not translate into development. Let me burst your bubble, some of those registrations are hurriedly done to siphon money by politicians, by awarding fictitious contracts to themselves. The oil subsidy investigation revealed as much. Businesses have been complaining, but 2013/2014 were particularly bad years for company. December 2014 when the dollars left 160 to 200 crippled the others who were floating. The worst of that has not even been heard yet. For emphasis, similar to Abacha days honest businesses are not smiling.

You guys keep referring to Dangote as if the guy suddenly got rich in 2013. That has been making money even when GEJ was probable sourcing for materials for his MSC or PHD. Moreover, he is not an SME.

Peer group discussion! Well, that's a valid source (who i go ask na).

And ThankGod you agreed that 2014 has been a bad year for companies because of the falling Naira value. I hope you know why the value of Naira is falling. Because if you do, you will not make it an issue.

But the way it seems, it appears you don't know. So let me lecture you (Sowi if that sound hash, but we're all learning).

The value of Naira is falling because of the fall in oil price (imagine! from $110 to $48 ber barrel). And the value of a countries currency depends on the value of her foreign exchange earning. 95% of Nigeria's foreign exchange come from oil export. Now do the maths. Imagine you own an indomie business. you sell one pack for N110. All of a sudden, you start selling it for N48 (because of competition). How will you income look like?

So in that situation, what should GEJ do? Should he go and put a gun in the head of Nigeria's oil customers and ask them to still buy at $110 ber barrel? Men! That 1 is common sense na.

And Bro! I've been laughing at this part of your post "some of those registrations are hurriedly done to siphon money by politicians". Really! May be you should lecture us on how that work... And please be specific. No vague stuffs.

And for the Dangote gist: Yes, "he has been making money even when GEJ was probable sourcing for materials for his MSC or PHD"; but he has never invested this heavily in Nigeria's economy: Giant Farms, New Refineries, Minning Company, More cement factories, The biggest sugar refinery in Africa and the list goes on.

If GEJs economic policies can push that kind of man to make such commitment, then there must be something about GEJ managed economy. Mind you, all these giant factories will not be manned by rabbits and cows o. It will be manned by human beings. Nigerians. Graduates!

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by xenten: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
Swiftboy:
Well we need more private investors like Dangote to employ more people. With more companies coming in there will be more options to choose from. The man you quoted have better arguement than yours. The said institutions that you rubbished means more indirect jobs as businesses will rise to meet needs in services and goods. Yes to transformation! Yes to Goodluck!

If GEJ has made good his promise of constant electricity, more jobs would have been created. people slaving away under Capitalist friends of PDP will have better chance at self-employment. Even as big as Dangote is, his wealth has been halved in the last 9 months and you are singing transformation. if this trend is allowed to continue, a lot of people will be out of business and jobs. if you call subsistence trading business, i pity you o!!!!
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jpphilips(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
fm7070:
There is employment opportunity for those who care to embrace it.
AGRICULTURE! AGRICULTURE!! AGRICULTURE!!!
There is no perfect government anywhere in the world that can provide adequate employment for her citizen
Let's have a paradigm shift from looking for a job to creating jobs.

Because you are running around Bird flu you think you are doing something, Jonathan has killed the ambition in the youth, imagine this one, don't you want to be among the govt employed veterinary team to be inspecting poultry and emergency response for epidemic diseases? Why must you be the laborer packing sh!t in the poultry? he actually thinks he is self employed at an SME level with small scale farming grin grin. Have you ever asked yourself what your credit options are in a corrupt Jonathan's Govt? One bad Govt policy, you will not remember where you started from. damn!! so many nitwits in this space.

Jonathan shared SMS fertilizer you are dancing, meanwhile behind your back yard in Ghana here, they have Agro Cargo export zone, with full storage capacity in most of their international airports, wont you like to be employed as an inspector for export agric products?
Damn! the average Nigerian on the street is not better than toad in reasoning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jpphilips(m): 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
chinose:
It very unfortunate that we play politics with every topic, NNPC has employed graduates under GEJ,employment in the Banks which we tot was a good omen , sanusi came and showed that the boom in the banks under OBJ was fraud, now the local content bill wic has empowered local contractors wic should inturn create more jobs is not because of our black nature.GEJ is setting up processes that we will reap in the long run.channel just aired live SURE-P score card yet those that are afraid to write aptitude test by runing away from any structured employment exercise are talking any how.

People like you if for real you have this opinion void of financial incentives, you deserve to be hung on your dick and fed four balls for life. even when you don't understand what is happening in the economy, you still think you have the right to open your mouth?
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
barcanista:
You noticed that I've not said anything on job creation? This is because we need to get our fact right and not say my neighbour was employed by NTA under Obj, hence he is better than Jonathan. Let me restate that Jonathan often times goofed in his handling of the economy especially the free role given to NOI, that doesn't make his predecessor Obj better. Nigeria as at today is moving towards capitalist economy, this means the civil service will continue to experience a downturn in employment while the private sector will employ more but admittedly the process is slow due to corruption in the system. With the exit of some rogues and the availability of FOI we shall continue to push for the War against corruption and will continue to disgrace corrupt officials, while we appreciate the government drives in his expansion project of the economy. The Agric, transport and manufacturing sectors that are expanding is capable of creating lots of jobs that will make our country progress and not civil service redundant jobs. Should the government up its power reform effort and pursue the provision of relevant infrastriucture as well as close up in fighting corruption, the sky will be our starting point. Thankfully, we are witnessing signs of seriousness, all we need is continuous support of the Government and criticism where possible.

With respect to Obasanjo, he KILLED the banking sector and almost destroyed our financial market, Sanusi Lamido had to clean up the system from scratch. That is why their jobs weren't sustainable. I am watching the new CBN boss and the Trade and Investment Minister closely.

All i see here is processes, processes and more processes rather than results.

No one is discussing civil service jobs here and obj's government wasn't even about the civil service.

Obj created a boom in the telecoms, banking, mining and insurance sectors, like this thread has done perfectly, more than 60% people in those sectors got their jobs under obj.
You can do a quick research on unemployment figures under obj and gej by the NBS and see for yourself.

Obj created jobs by building sectors of the economy. This is what gej should have consolidated on, he should have focused on the mining sector that was picking up, they should have significantly transformed the power sector to provide jobs like what happened with telecoms.

There are many ways ways to get our economy booming (that ordinary people feel and benefits from) but this government is far too clueless or just lazy about it. Rather they prefer to dash people peanuts with sure p.

Youwin?
Fantastic idea but little impacts, we should have at least 200, 000 beneficiaries every quarter.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jpphilips(m): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
Acidosis:
I think you should also consider the number of businesses the Corporate Affairs Commission has registered over the past 4 years.

By "job" do you mean those who wear suit and resume office 7 am? or those engaging in profitable and legal ventures?

Take a trip to CAC office at Ikeja and you will be amazed at the rate at which Nigerians troop in to get their businesses registered.

I won't stop insulting Nigerians because our level of reasoning is sooo low.

How can a normal human being examine job creation in the context of Immigration and UBA job? Are you guys really du.m b or you just choose to be du. mb on special threads against GEJ?

Do you know the number of graduates who now own their private schools? farms? e-businesses? where was nairaland 6 years ago and where is Nairaland today? who are those paying for the massive adverts on Nairaland today? What are they advertising? Poo?

Why not take statistics from CAC, FRSC? Why don't you analyse the rate at which youths get legal wealth, build houses, buy cars these days?

The world has moved away from the era of Civil Service/Servant most of you are advocating. This is the same evil your past military governments planted in your fore heads & corrupt eyes such that your eyes now view JOB creation ONLY in the context of SHELL, NNPC & CBN - that can barely take 100 employees (all together) in a whole year.

By the way, who says Govt aren't recruiting? The army Is currently recruiting graduates; go and get a form and stop perpetrating propaganda on the Internet. Some of us are not blind. We are aware of the fact that Dangote has recruited thousands of graduates over the past few years. We can see new lecturers In the new institutions, etc.

No government is perfect; none can do all; no one!

I don't agree with you completely let us start with official statistics before we appeal to speculations, according to financial experts published on thisday of 16/12/10, 70% of Nigerian SME's fail within just a year.
you can educate yourself better here:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/why-70-of-smes-fail-in-nigeria%20experts/71911/

Let those CAC rush not deceive you, the desperation of state governments to TAX SME's in order to improve on IGR, is what is causing all those rush, there is no guarantee there is any business anywhere that is profitable.

According to most laws in most states, even a Vulcarizer's shop is registered so they will tax it effectively, I hope you are aware that the registration process gets to where you are asked to provide a TIN, right?

If the fundamentals of running a business is not in place, after the CAC rush, you will become a national statistic like we read above. The CAC rush is not the right tool for measuring self employment and buisness growth rather the number of educated people thay are able to take off from the labor market, which is a reflection of their Annual PAT (profit after tax).

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by benzion72(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Got a Banking Job under OBJ and rouse to Managerial level in 8 years. Lost the job under clueless GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jmaine: 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Of course submission we can't measure will be lovely for you. Ordinary people are talking about results they can see and measure, you are talking about CAC

Ordinary people are talking of results using a myopic yardstick to judge. The earlier people understand that entrepreneurship is the way to exit the bondage of unemployment the better for them.

Nigerians are going the SME route in droves which is a welcome development. Such low scale wealth creation opportunities if sustained will go a long way in destroying our certificate culture of always seeking for white collar jobs when we can be agents of curbing the menace of unemployment and poverty.

Dey there dey carry CV about . . . . .
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jpphilips(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
9jatriot:

You mean he has made more noise about it on the media. Nothing really on ground to show development except what the government itself tells us, no blueprint for development, no real tangible improvement. the only area they seem to have done well is fertilizer distribution, even then I am taking their word for it and not from real farmers.

Hope you know that real farmers are in the villages not those portfolio farmers always attending one meeting or the other in Abuja.

You don't blame most of these TV activists who seem not to know that fertilizer distribution started from Abacha's PTF days. Has Jonathan been able to revive NAFCON? the only fertilizer company Nigeria has? or he imports fertilizer to give farmers and a Chemical engineer who is supposed to work in our NAFCON, will be reduced to a fertilizer beneficiary? how do they even think?

They claimed he did wonders in Agricultural sector yet we don't have a single Agricultural cargo airport in Nigeria which ordinary Ghana has.
They claim he is the Jesus of Agriculture yet bird flu spread through 9 states in just one week, where was his emergency response team in the same sector he is claiming his flag ship? or the Nigerian people thought it is just so normal?
How many graduates of vertineray medicine were employed recently in the so called Jonathan's Aro reform.

Where are the govt grazing fields which is the number one cause of ethnic clashes between the fulani and the farmers? what is this reform that nobody seems to know about? cassava bread?

Truth is; most Nigerians have lost it.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
You see why I don't like arguing this subject? Many of you people like a quick fix rather than real solution. I want to assume that you don't know what was going on in our financial sector and stock market as exposed by Sanusi. You don't just destroy institutions to create phantom growth, you consider the process to get real solution. If Obasanjo had done so, Yaradua would have consolidated on it and today we should be talking about expansion. How can you say you are creating Jobs without expansion of the economy? How can you create jobs without provision of relevant infrastructure? How Can you create jobs without provision of power? How can you create jobs without the Manufacturing and Agricultural sectors? How can you create sustainable jobs without stabilising the financial sector? The problem we have in this country is that we don't look beyond the surface. Jonathan ideally should have done enough but again his reforms need to be pursued. As for the Telecom sector how many of them were sustainable? Will you blame Jonathan for the failure of Government before him to provide relevant infrastructuress for all these sectors to be sustained? Let us work with facts and not sentiments
Obiagelli:

All i see here is processes, processes and more processes rather than results.

No one is discussing civil service jobs here and obj's government wasn't even about the civil service.

Obj created a boom in the telecoms, banking, mining and insurance sectors, like this thread has done perfectly, more than 60% people in those sectors got their jobs under obj.
You can do a quick research on unemployment figures under obj and gej by the NBS and see for yourself.

Obj created jobs by building sectors of the economy. This is what gej should have consolidated on, he should have focused on the mining sector that was picking up, they should have significantly transformed the power sector to provide jobs like what happened with telecoms.

There are many ways ways to get our economy booming (that ordinary people feel and benefits from) but this government is far too clueless or just lazy about it. Rather they prefer to dash people peanuts with sure p.

Youwin?
Fantastic idea but little impacts, we should have at least 200, 000 beneficiaries every quarter.

3 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
jmaine:

Ordinary people are talking of results using a myopic yardstick to judge. The earlier people understand that entrepreneurship is the way to exit the bondage of unemployment the better for them.

Nigerians are going the SME route in droves which is a welcome development. Such low scale wealth creating opportunities if sustained will go a long way in destroying our certificate culture of always seeking for white collar jobs when we can be an agent of curbing the menace of unemployment and poverty.

Dey there dey carry CV about . . . . .

Like there were no entrepreneurs before, where are all the taxi companies springing up before? Where's metrotaxi, redcab, citytaxi, and the like. That just another sector almost dead.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by cutecanson(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Gej regim is d worst...bt der's God cz boiz stil d on d road d hustle 4 living.....e no go beta 4 dis administration....SAI BUHARI
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by jmaine: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Like there were no entrepreneurs before, where are all the taxi companies springing up before? Where's metrotaxi, redcab, citytaxi, and the like. That just another sector almost dead.

No one is saying there weren't entrepreneurs before, the good news is that the numbers are increasing and people are now willing, charged up and ready to take their destiny in their hands.

Even folks who are gainfully employed are seeking for means to set up their businesses and become their own boss. That right there is the real deal. The taxi schemes you mentioned are going to extinction because of cost related issues which is a direct function of the exploitive approach of her promoters. They failed to understand that the average Nigerian hasn't evolved completely to chose quality over quantity.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by symbianDON(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kingspin:
Which past leader has perform more better then Jonathan. Jona all the way joor.
sarcasm at its best grin
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
barcanista:
You see why I don't like arguing this subject? Many of you people like a quick fix rather than real solution. I want to assume that you don't know what was going on in our financial sector and stock market as exposed by Sanusi. You don't just destroy institutions to create phantom growth, you consider the process to get real solution. If Obasanjo had done so, Yaradua would have consolidated on it and today we should be talking about expansion. How can you say you are creating Jobs without expansion of the economy? How can you create jobs without provision of relevant infrastructure? How Can you create jobs without provision of power? How can you create jobs without the Manufacturing and Agricultural sectors? How can you create sustainable jobs without stabilising the financial sector? The problem we have in this country is that we don't look beyond the surface. Jonathan ideally should have done enough but again his reforms need to be pursued. As for the Telecom sector how many of them were sustainable? Will you blame Jonathan for the failure of Government before him to provide relevant infrastructuress for all these sectors to be sustained? Let us work with facts and not sentiments
You are not making any point, are you asking how many telecoms jobs are sustainable, yet you claim there was no expansion.

I mentioned the insurance and mining sector, yet you see no expansion

How about the growing textile industry that was killed by gej when he lifted import ban.

Other than rice and cassava (both obj initiatives) what else is happening in the agric industry? Go to the agriculture section of this forum and sample opinion

Sure p/ferma employment, if that is not qiuck fix, i don't know what else is.

Obj wasn't the best for our economy but gej is a total disaster. You can't claim to know better than the hundreds of posts on this thread.

Do you know the status of our stock exchange today? Do you know how many families have been in total disarray since December?

Abeg lest stick to the truth as it is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? / Victim Of GNLD - Funny Meme / Unable To Create Account On The Federal Civil Service Recruitment Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.