Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime (30726 Views)

Apply Now For Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Job Vacancy For Chief Imam / Vacancy At The Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation / New Regime: Hope For Last Regime Unfinished Job Replacement Into NIS Or NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by angelo82: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
Obj government was better and very good for employment creation.....I mean real employment that expanded our GDP especially banking/telecomunication sectors........GEJ government is good for entrepreneurs and investors both local and international......The difference is Obj government was more hardworking than GEJ government.........Government needs to know how to hit the ground running but still I think Nigerians deserves better than both governments......Nigerians need perfect government to be able strive and thrive.......
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by xenten: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
I got a banking job after hustling for six years. Infact, I got 2 job offers the same day. When Obasanjo left, people started losing their jobs. Banks went bankrupt. Telecoms firms outsource their staff. They had to let go. Till date same evil practice of sacking staff all in the name of poor performance/ surplus to requirements is very rampant. I am sure if you check your neighbours, there are more that lost their job than those that get jobs. When I hear that our economy is improving because dangote and a few others networth is improving thereby affecting the GDP, i feel sad because it is the rich that is becoming richer and the poor becoming poorer.

Its time we give #Change a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Kandaha: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
blesseenE:
I think GEJ's regime is better. You have to consider the number of graduates available for employment at the time (both regimes).

Huh? Number of Graduates? Assuming without conceding that I agree with you that GEJ is better than OBJ as per Employment, do not forget that from 2011 - to date unemployment has only increased and GEJ approved the establishment of over 7 new Federal Univerties. The new Universities will only produce more students and dump them in the Labour Market thereby making it even harder for his successor to tackle angry
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by xenten: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Acidosis:
I think you should also consider the number of businesses the Corporate Affairs Commission has registered over the past 4 years.

By "job" do you mean those who wear suit and resume office 7 am? or those engaging in profitable and legal ventures?

Take a trip to CAC office at Ikeja and you will be amazed at the rate at which Nigerians troop in to get their businesses registered.

I won't stop insulting Nigerians because our level of reasoning is sooo low.

How can a normal human being examine job creation in the context of Immigration and UBA job? Are you guys really du.m b or you just choose to be du. mb on special threads against GEJ?

Do you know the number of graduates who now own their private schools? farms? e-businesses? where was nairaland 6 years ago and where is Nairaland today? who are those paying for the massive adverts on Nairaland today? What are they advertising? Poo?

Why not take statistics from CAC, FRSC? Why don't you analyse the rate at which youths get legal wealth, build houses, buy cars these days?

The world has moved away from the era of Civil Service/Servant most of you are advocating. This is the same evil your past military governments planted in your fore heads & corrupt eyes such that your eyes now view JOB creation ONLY in the context of SHELL, NNPC & CBN - that can barely take 100 employees (all together) in a whole year.

By the way, who says Govt aren't recruiting? The army Is currently recruiting graduates; go and get a form and stop perpetrating propaganda on the Internet. Some of us are not blind. We are aware of the fact that Dangote has recruited thousands of graduates over the past few years. We can see new lecturers In the new institutions, etc.

No government is perfect; none can do all; no one!
It is you that is very dumb and blind by nepotism and political partisanship. Realistically, how many people you know that have registered companies have gotten contracts or are doing well in business? A lot of them are subsistence earners. How many are making tax returns? Dangote is recruiting Graduates as drivers and you think that is achievement for a government? I know alot of people working with Dangote that are underpaid. You employ graduate engineers and make them work like laborers under illiterate Chinese and Indians. and your government is happy! The total staff strength of all the universities GEJ is opening is not even up to 100,000. go and find out. stop bullshitting us here.

4 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by eazysally: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
tolexy007:

dude, u wrong gej is beta in Agric,

Sharrap OBJ single handedly took data staticstics of all farmers in Nigeria I was directly involved in the field work then when I was posted to my state of origin after which he gave them soft loans, fertilisers, insecticides etc to boost their products...go to ministry of agriculture behind wadata plaza(pdp hdqt wuse 2 abuja) to make more enquires......OBJ did it bro
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by realbomax: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
av always known nigerians to berate any current govt in power when comparing with it's predecessors. when buhari was ruling,dey complained and sent him away and it was after IBB ended his regime dt dey know buhari was better. havent dey told u story of how life was enjoyable in d 70's era? but u will wonder y dey frustated d then system. i remember how obj regime was critized by d time he left power. i hope u dont rate GEJ govt high too by d time he successor ends his regime.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
Obj ratified civil defence corps as a national body. Even though i dont like him,Nigerian re still benefiting frm civil defence job opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by smallJagaban: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
prelinctus:
There's no basis for comparison between both of them. OBJ was a former head of state so he knew what was on ground before becoming president. GEJ, on the other hand, luckily got to the top. Experience matters a lot, bro. Later, you'll start complaining when companies request for years of experience for graduate trainee roles. Next time when companies do that, just remember OBJ and GEJ. tongue

WHAT OF THE EXPERIENCE HE HAD AS THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR, GOVERNOR OF BAYELSA? IS THAT NOT PART OF EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO TUTOR A NATION TO GREAT COUNTRY.

GEJ IS NOT A LEARNER IN POLITICS.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by yusufbida(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kingspin:
Which past leader has perform more better then Jonathan. Jona all the way joor.
Dude we are not talking abt per4mas all we are saying is Employment rate, Are u sure u ve credit in English.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Louislewis: 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
[size=18pt]A lot of jobs have been created by this administration and are still creating more jobs. Just have the hope that one day it will be your turn. This administration has open up so many sectors that will require more workforces. 14 federal universities newly formed are not going to be managed by goats. The railway sectors are not going to be managed by sheep. The agricultural sectors are not going to be manned by cows. The automobile industries are going to be manned by cocks. The reform in the power sector is generating more jobs. That in the marine sector is coming up with job opportunities, just to name but few. That is why we should continue to fight for continuation of this administration to complete what they have started instead starting a fresh. Vote GEJ[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Swiftboy(m): 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
fm7070:
There is employment opportunity for those who care to embrace it.
AGRICULTURE! AGRICULTURE!! AGRICULTURE!!!
There is no perfect government anywhere in the world that can provide adequate employment for her citizen
Let's have a paradigm shift from looking for a job to creating jobs.
leave these job seekers alone. Its not government that employs but private sector. We know google,facebook,apple and other top brands are they owned by government? Goodluck's transformation agenda has focused on key areas that'll make companies thrives. We'll get investors to put moneys on ground to run Nigeria better which am not seeing from Buhari's manifesto other than their 20k jobs per states which is less than what we need.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by emmak2k4(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
Well I really seconded the opinion that GEJ is the fourth man in the federation, I guess his illiterate wife comes before him in who is actually pulling the short in the country today. That being said why will employment ever increase?
All the government ever does is to cook their own statistics on employment. Please am yet to meet any employed graduate out of the acclaimed 4m people employed by the agricultural sector, this administration sucks!
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Swiftboy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
Louislewis:
[size=18pt]A lot of jobs have been created by this administration and are still creating more jobs. Just have the hope that one day it will be your turn. This administration has open up so many sectors that will require more workforces. 14 federal universities newly formed are not going to be managed by goats. The railway sectors are not going to be managed by sheep. The agricultural sectors are not going to be manned by cows. The automobile industries are going to be manned by cocks. The reform in the power sector is generating more jobs. That in the marine sector is coming up with job opportunities, just to name but few. That is why we should continue to fight for continuation of this administration to complete what they have started instead starting a fresh. Vote GEJ[/size]
Nope! Dont tell them now...sey they dont think for themselves but whats suggested to them. I am yet to benefit from this government but I so want him to continue so It can reach me. Its high time Nigerian youths start exploiting the opportunities around. I've promised myself a well written business plan before writting my c.v.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Dumb graduates. Look at their discourse like that of Secondary school drop-outs, now I see why employers threat you guys like thrassh.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Atk1nson(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
In this regard jeg is a big failure because all he had to was to maintain the tempo of obj's policies. The labour market is messed up now, even having an msc now is almost a disadvantage

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
AreaFada2:
Considering the huge increase in number of graduates now and the fact OBJ took over from a military regime, the need to hire staff was higher then.

Then came the world economic crisis just as OBJ left power. Then came the banking sector crisis in Nigeria with thousands sacked.

The room to create jobs has been far less in GEJ's time. The sectors creating jobs like Agric is not popular with many graduates.
GEJ has not done bad at all.
U r a bloody liar.
He consolidated the banks and so opportunities for employment were created. Obj was at d helm during d global economic recession and Nigeria did not feel it because his policies were spot on
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Swiftboy(m): 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
xenten:

It is you that is very dumb and blind by nepotism and political partisanship. Realistically, how many people you know that have registered companies have gotten contracts or are doing well in business? A lot of them are subsistence earners. How many are making tax returns? Dangote is recruiting Graduates as drivers and you think that is achievement for a government? I know alot of people working with Dangote that are underpaid. You employ graduate engineers and make them work like laborers under illiterate Chinese and Indians. and your government is happy! The total staff strength of all the universities GEJ is opening is not even up to 100,000. go and find out. stop bullshitting us here.
Well we need more private investors like Dangote to employ more people. With more companies coming in there will be more options to choose from. The man you quoted have better arguement than yours. The said institutions that you rubbished means more indirect jobs as businesses will rise to meet needs in services and goods. Yes to transformation! Yes to Goodluck!
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Saucekide25(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Get Amazing Discounts and Swift Delivery when you order items on JUMIA.COM [Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).[/quote]
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by udeh3(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
fm7070:
There is employment opportunity for those who care to embrace it.
AGRICULTURE! AGRICULTURE!! AGRICULTURE!!!
There is no perfect government anywhere in the world that can provide adequate employment for her citizen
Let's have a paradigm shift from looking for a job to creating jobs.

Nice one joor. People these days especially youth don't even have facts, they complain too much and becomes blind to seeing opporturnities. They tag every opporturnities created by the federal govt as a scam. Where are you facts to justify our argument that obj's regime did more employment dan gej. Let me start from here: 14 universities wherr established during GEJ, at least one of those universities has a working capacities of 750 direct staffs, not even d indirect staffs. What about the on-going NNPC recruitment which has already entered the interview stage. My fellow youth, I've nobody there, bt by the grace God I was shortlisted for the interview. Did any of you complaining here or comparing here applied for d FADAMA loan, YOU WIN and SURE-P? So painful because you just follow d multitude to comment because you just want to. What about the power sector, agricultural sector, today Nigeria is one of the exporter of cement, are they not people working in d cement or sugar factories. What about the automobile sector?

Get your fact... Information is power, what kills the nigerian youth is that they spent tireles time chating and not digging out information. There're more jobs now if only you can dig them out, nobody will bring any job to your door step. The world is al about choice, choose yours now!

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by nex(m): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
There is nothing happening in the economy right now, so who do you want to employ anyone? AI just layer ofoff Also, education which has been decaying since the military era has eventually turned to dust in the hands of the PDP. I just layer of my 2 staff. Aside from the fact that profits have turned to losses, the sheer incompetence of most Nigerian trained workers is alarming. My writer could not spell.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by 9jatriot(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
eazysally:

Sharrap OBJ single handedly took data staticstics of all farmers in Nigeria I was directly involved in the field work then when I was posted to my state of origin after which he gave them soft loans, fertilisers, insecticides etc to boost their products...go to ministry of agriculture behind wadata plaza(pdp hdqt wuse 2 abuja) to make more enquires......OBJ did it bro

Thank you. They shout in the media that they have made serious advances in agriculture yet nothing tangible to show. More like a church with only 3 people yet with loud speakers blazing outside

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by igbsam(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
Too Many Sentimental Comments here.

My Elder brother got his Job during Obasanjo's time, Lost it during GEJ's time as a result of cutting down on staffs ish......

It's a pity though, he had already saved enough to start up is own business.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by nonny001(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
You guys don't cease to amaze me.

You tend to see everything through the colored eyes of your political affiliation.

The truth is that both of them tried. The only difference is their FOCUS.

OBJ focused on creating job vacancies. GEJ is focused on building entrepreneurs.

OBJ achieved that with 2 sectors: telecom and Banking.

GEJ is also achieving his. If you've been to the corporate Affairs Commission lately, you'll understand what i mean. A lot of young people are now owning successful businesses - of cause, they'll employ other young people along the way. I know how many people ask me about how to register their businesses these days.

And if you think of it, this is the most sustainable way to go: create an environment for business to thrive - and compete healthily. As they grow, they expand and employ more people.

Ok! See what is happening in the banking industry now: they've gotten to their peak. And if you're an economy student, you'd have learned that after a business(or industry) get's to the peak, the next direction is decline - and that's why many bankers are loosing their job.

By encouraging businesses to thrive, you make it easy for new businesses (and industries) to spring up naturally.

YouWIN! was real

Sure-P tried (talk of the GIS)

What of the local content law? Many Nigerian companies (both small and big) are now thriving in the oil industries. I know a lot of them.

What of the GENCOs and DISCOs? He built training institutes for them. Why? To make sure that Nigerians man those companies. Not just now, but in the future.

So forget the media propaganda. Just focus on the opportunities. I just wish you guys knew these opportunities: you'd be spending most of your time taking advantage of them - instead of running to forums to castigate a political figure.

I think i wrote an article on it sometime ago... Let me look for it, i'm coming... ok, here it is...

http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/9-smart-ways-president-jonathan-is.html
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by 9jatriot(m): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
nonny001:
You guys don't cease to amaze me.

You tend to see everything through the colored eyes of your political affiliation.

The truth is that both of them tried. The only difference is their FOCUS.

OBJ focused on creating job vacancies. GEJ is focused on building entrepreneurs.

OBJ achieved that with 2 sectors: telecom and Banking.

GEJ is also achieving his. If you've been to the corporate Affairs Commission lately, you'll understand what i mean. A lot of young people are now owning successful businesses - of cause, they'll employ other young people along the way. I know how many people ask me about how to register their businesses these days.

And if you think of it, this is the most sustainable way to go: create an environment for business to thrive - and compete healthily. As they grow, they expand and employ more people.

Ok! See what is happening in the banking industry now: they've gotten to their peak. And if you're an economy student, you'd have learned that after a business(or industry) get's to the peak, the next direction is decline - and that's why many bankers are loosing their job.

By encouraging businesses to thrive, you make it easy for new businesses (and industries) to spring up naturally.

YouWIN! was real

Sure-P tried (talk of the GIS)

What of the local content law? Many Nigerian companies (both small and big) are now thriving in the oil industries. I know a lot of them.

What of the GENCOs and DISCOs? He built training institutes for them. Why? To make sure that Nigerians man those companies. Not just now, but in the future.

So forget the media propaganda. Just focus on the opportunities. I just wish you guys knew these opportunities: you'd be spending most of your time taking advantage of them - instead of running to forums to castigate a political figure.

I think i wrote an article on it sometime ago...
Let me look for it, i'm coming... ok, here it is...

http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/9-smart-ways-president-jonathan-is.html

Registering biz names is not same as running businesses. 95% of business that start in Nigeria die a natural and unnatural death. Real business owners are complaining about this economy. It is strangling them. Ask independent business owners not too around the corridor of power. So apart from job creation business are dying faster than they would have. Incase you do not know, most private business have not still paid January salary, so go figure.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by AreaFada2: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

U r a bloody liar.
He consolidated the banks and so opportunities for employment were created. Obj was at d helm during d global economic recession and Nigeria did not feel it because his policies were spot on

You're joking, right? So you have monopoly over knowledge and truth. You must be superhuman! grin

The economic recession lasted over 5 years. Who was in power when Lamido Sanusi brought on questionable policies?

So in your limited knowledge & narrow view, the recession did not affect Nigeria? If you had lost millions in Nigerian stock market, you'd know better. Typical 9ja mentality, if you're not personally affected, all is well.

Everybody with a few mb to throw insult online is now an economic expert. Smh.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
even if you 're blind. you can never compare obj time with GEJ. 're u guys blind not to notice the news companies springing up here and there....all the vehicle Manufacturing companies. all the agric companies springing up. here and there. who do they employ.

How can you guys lie so openly.

Nigerians who 're hard working 're sucking up to the goods of this administration and is creating jobs...

Nigerian economy is growing at increased pace. while u 're hear ranting. no worry stay home no go find wetin u go do. wait for Goodluck to spoon feed you...
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by horlarkunle: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
OH! did he just say[b] i will provide youth with UNEMPLOYMENT[/b]...SORRY! i was wrong...hit like if jona said so in his campaign
Sammiejokes:
Fellow nairaland I have been thinking lately over all this employment FG is saying they are creating, but when I look back @ OBJ regime, I must say graduates around me even though I was just in secondary school were getting jobs, Telecoms,Banking,oil and Gas industry, public sector(FCSC, IFRS) really developed which. Created Jobs for guyz then, most of them are big boyz now that am now a graduate. It is now a tragedy that even private sector now experience all sort of bribe to get a job because of few good jobs around. Please which sector has developed and creating jobs for common Nigerians now under GEJ?
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
I wonder how people would rate obasanjo higher than GEJ in terms of employment, obj that was closing business organisations that would have employed more nigerians today eg Societe general bank (Heritage bank) Savannah bank,Slok group owned by Orji Uzor ,Vaswani brothers until GEJ bargained with them to come back. I see kids here a lot.

1 Like

Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by nonny001(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
9jatriot:

Registering biz names is not same as running businesses. 95% of business that start in Nigeria die a natural and unnatural death. Real business owners are complaining about this economy. It is strangling them. Ask independent business owners not too around the corridor of power. So apart from job creation business are dying faster than they would have. Incase you do not know, most private business have not still paid January salary, so go figure.

Yes, "Registering biz names is not same as running businesses". I agree! But do you agree that the rate of business registration in a country is a good measure of the number of new (legitimate) business that spring up? You said that most private business have not still paid January salary. How do you know?

Yes it's true! Real business owners are complaining about this economy - they've been complaining for a very very long time. But one thing they all agree is that under Jonathan, it is getting better.

Ok! Look at Dangote, the richest man in Africa. He's now investing in Nigeria like never before. He's investing in agriculture. He's working on building new refineries. He's among the 6 big investors that will start mining companies in 2015. If that kind of man can confidently put his money into Nigeria's economy, then who are you to say that the economy is not growing?

Why not go update your knowledge on the Nigerian economy before continuing this discussion with me. Let me make it easier for you. Visit this link... http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/9-smart-ways-president-jonathan-is.html
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by tolexy007(m): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
eazysally:

Sharrap OBJ single handedly took data statistics of all farmers in Nigeria I was directly involved in the field work then when I was posted to my state of origin after which he gave them soft loans, fertilisers, insecticides etc to boost their products...go to ministry of agriculture behind wadata plaza(pdp hdqt wuse 2 abuja) to make more enquires......OBJ did it bro
nxt tym if u want to make ur point, dont tell plpp to shut up, u are entitle to ur own opinion same tin as I. u said Obj took statistitics of all farmers in Nig, same tin happend in 2013 when GEJ registered all d farmers in Nig, it was done in such a way dat it easy to get direct contact to those farmers each tym dey want to give dem seeds, fertilizers etc, up till now i still have some farmers calling me and thanking me for registering dem, even d FAO also commend what GEJ does then. But d prob of dis country is more than solving only d prob of Agric dat is y plpp are nt even concern about Agric development in GEJ admin.. bt to me i tink GEJ is better in Agric dan Obj. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by synergycom19: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
GEJ has destroyed this economy when he employed the likes of Ngozi Iweala to managed the economy with checking for results.GEJ has leveled the economic with Scams
Re: Employment Rate: Obasanjo Vs Jonathan Regime by BoiledPlantain: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bros you're the hater not me.
I'm a critic and I'm needed for this country to grow.
Osakah24:
Anything Gej does well you guys deviate the praise. Wow.bunch of haters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2015 ★ / What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? / Victim Of GNLD - Funny Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.