Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,733 members, 7,959,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha (40846 Views)

Gombe State Named Airport After Abacha / Jonathan Is Our 2nd "Messiah" After Abacha By A Die hard Buharist / Gen. Buhari Is The Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Ayietim(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2015
Expect the best from God only and yourself.

http://ayietim.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by sambisa5: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2015
stinggy:

Wheeew. Brutal than the devil himself shocked

One thing we should remember is that this was under Military rule. None of those rulers respected human rights.
So things definitely are not like then again!

encouraging urself,,,,,,,isn't it
smh undecided
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by ayokunlei(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2015
priscaoge:

Don't worry Prof, Buhari is not gonna smell Aso Rock! cool...History will NEVER repeat again. Someone that ruled my Forefathers cannot be my President cool cool......Nigerians are wise now,we are moving FORWARD >>>>>>>>>>>>

Saiiiiiiiiii Jonathan! wink wink wink wink

Prisca and Jonathan......

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by tuniski: 11:13am On Feb 17, 2015
makzeze:
The APC is most likely to win the coming elections, and Buhari looks increasingly likely to be the next President. Nigerians are simply tired
of corruption, insecurity and hopelessness.
just don't go violent cos the result will shock you beyond imagination. Buhari ko chanji ni! OBJ getting desperate cos he knows in his heart that GEJ is the man. He now wants to incite nigerians!
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by eyinjuege: 11:18am On Feb 17, 2015
MeAndYou:
SOYINKA SORRY! I was expecting you to spell it out as you have always done. But here you are speaking from both side of your mouth. Just remember that history will not only judge us for our actions only but for our inactions as well.

What more do you want him to say? Neither candidates are a right option for him and he can't bet his money on either. That much I can deduce from the write up. However, that is but HIS own opinion. You are very much allowed to have yours.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Skmoda360(m): 11:18am On Feb 17, 2015
chaberry:
IRRELEVANT
what the mess are you talking about the man is making a good statement and you are here talking tra..sh.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 17, 2015
Am a big fan of Prof Soyinka, I respect him alot but this time around am beginning to think that people like Soyinka creates more problems than solutions they offer. A Soyinka will never contest for elective position but will criticise every action or inaction of government. Soyinka criticised GEJ yet without offering an alternative, he criticised Buhari who also summoned the courage of solving Nigeria's problems. Who then do we vote for? Since the alternative is not forthcoming, I had preferred we make do with what we have. Prof Soyinka if you have a solution to our myriads of problems come out and contest and we shall vote for you.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Izunwa(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2015
One thing I like about this erudite Professor is that he speaks the truth without minding whose Ox is gored. I can remember when he had face off with PEJ. Now, he has spoken the real fact about Buhari whom his dear friend Amaechi is his Campaign DG oo. Wow!!! " I can dine with the Devil with a long spoon, but Buhari is a no no" this is epic.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Freetech: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2015
[b][/b]Soyinka did not say this it the usual lie and falsehood of SaTANist. The link is fake. ..... But Abacha son is Jonathan best friend, even Abacha received national award, so this is meaniless to sensible ppl.

Freetech:
Why nobody actually check the link provided to see that it is another Omokri fake website. Cable.ng? Why do you have to use the name of Soyinka to lie for a man who have lost all sensibility and right thinking. Does this change the fact that foreign reserve is depeling daily, economy is moving to a mortuary of debt and corruption is currently on throne in the country. This is why we need change, a Saviour to put the thieves behind bars and recover our money for us.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Akpan107(m): 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Burger01:
Brutal! Say that again prof..

Sai Buhari

#Change
#March4Buhari
Buhari will surely be President....

In a dream!
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
Soyinka is now descending to gutter tactics
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by tochstorm(m): 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
if buhari wins... we will hear a lot of politician murder cases.
as for mr obj that guy na snake i no use anything trust am.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Candyrain(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
stinggy:

Wheeew. Brutal than the devil himself shocked

One thing we should remember is that this was under Military rule. None of those rulers respected human rights.
So things definitely are not like then again!
Don't forget there's something called Executive Power which he can use to enforce whatever he wants whether the House of Assembly & Rep agrees or not. Think about this.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Champele(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
If i call him murderer people go say im being too harsh. Buhari is a murderer,let me be.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Segadem(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
[b][/b]Only God [knows the best for us.] grin
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by just2endowed: 12:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
watered:
What's the problem of these old men these days? Nawa o!

Hmmmm
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by ifypedro38(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Sainthood of the Devil
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by godoluwa(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
M4gunners:
Who have ear let him hear. As for me i stand with GEJ no matter what, because he has demonstrated he can do it.
seconded! i swear, if Buhari were to be incumbent President, nairaland would av been closed down. APC, u r nt d change dat we want.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by godoluwa(m): 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
franciskaine:
Am a big fan of Prof Soyinka, I respect him alot but this time around am beginning to think that people like Soyinka creates more problems than solutions they offer. A Soyinka will never contest for elective position but will criticise every action or inaction of government. Soyinka criticised GEJ yet without offering an alternative, he criticised Buhari who also summoned the courage of solving Nigeria's problems. Who then do we vote for? Since the alternative is not forthcoming, I had preferred we make do with what we have. Prof Soyinka if you have a solution to our myriads of problems come out and contest and we shall vote for you.
bro, d devil u knw iz beta than unseen angel.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by madjune(m): 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
989900:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Any random thinking neutral, can decipher we are choosing between two evils (everyone gets to work out which is the lesser evil+what is our greatest threat), just as they can decipher your dexterity in working with assumptions—a disastrous idiosyncrasy.

You do not know who I am, if I live in Nigeria, or under harsh conditions, or whatever condition, my age, if I believe in God or not, yet your effortless mind can magically create a picture good enough to satiate your clueless/irrational perception, or rather misconception (take a pick).

Good luck to you 'madjune' (there are better ways to be 'mad'). I try to read into you; I see nothing, maybe a tatterdemalion.

You're pissed cos I tod you the truth.

Look at the very reasons you gave for preferring to vote jonathan-
That if you don't vote him, ijaw militants will do their worst.
Can you see how lily livered you are?
Chicken brain.

Democracy is not meant for people like you.
You shoud been born a slave somewhere in the far east.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Eillo(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
MeAndYou:
SOYINKA SORRY! I was expecting you to spell it out as you have always done. But here you are speaking from both side of your mouth. Just remember that history will not only judge us for our actions only but for our inactions as well.

in the professor's defense, Soyinka is not speaking from both sides of his mouth. his position is simple: Neither Jonathan nor Buhari represents the true change we need, but from the looks of things, one of them will be president. So, whomever Nigerians choose, We should be prepared to live with the consequences. And that is my position too!
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by IbileIfe: 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
Vicotex:
we know, the gate of hell is open for the wicked eg BUHARI

You don't know God and you don't understand the language of Prof. Wole Soyinka who has already said that Nigerians should not re-elect President Goodluck Jonathan, meaning they should vote for Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) of the APC.
The problem with people like you is lack of intellectual comprehension.
Go and read.
You need it.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Vicotex(m): 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
IbileIfe:

You don't know God and you don't understand the language of Prof. Wole Soyinka who has already said that Nigerians should not re-elect President Goodluck Jonathan, meaning they should vote for Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) of the APC.
The problem with people like you is lack of intellectual comprehension.
Go and read.
You need it.
Weda soyinka endorse buhari or not the gate of hell is open for the wicked e.g. BUHARI
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by papaskino(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
U see!!! Vote GEJ jare!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by zendy: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
madjune:

In other words, you're living under the threat fears of the ijaw militants?

You mut be ruled by an ijaw man or you won't enjoy peace?
And, who told you the ijaw militants can't be contained?
Do they have a monopoly on violence?

You just impressed me as a coward ready to live and die in fear.

It's got nothing to do with fear,it's got everything to do with the reality on the ground. It's either Jonathan continues or Nigeria stops. A Buhari election victory will be the end of Nigeria and we Igbos are backing the south-South in that regard.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by ujuesther: 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
nigerianvenom:

here is a man some people calls "progressive" and i asked myself,"what is progressive about this man"?

He's progressive when he criticises Jonathan right?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Okaka27(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
krispycash:

1st question, are u a graduate or a drop out?

2nd question, what have u achieved in your life that can be world renowned like a Nobel laureate prize?

3rd question, how old are you? If you're not up to 34, then please stop talking and just let the grown ups do the talking...
Thank you and God bless...
fOolard
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Popemax(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
Which change??go meet your landlord for change
Burger01:
Brutal! Say that again prof..

Sai Buhari

#Change
#March4Buhari
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by 989900: 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
madjune:

You're pissed cos I tod you the truth.

Look at the very reasons you gave for preferring to vote jonathan-
That if you don't vote him, ijaw militants will do their worst.
Can you see how lily livered you are?
Chicken brain.

Democracy is not meant for people like you.
You shoud been born a slave somewhere in the far east.

Comprehension issues alert!

Where in the below does it suggest I'll prefer to vote for the President?

989900:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Any random thinking neutral, can decipher we are choosing between two evils (everyone gets to work out which is the lesser evil+what is our greatest threat), just as they can decipher your dexterity in working with assumptions—a disastrous idiosyncrasy.

You do not know who I am, if I live in Nigeria, or under harsh conditions, or whatever condition, my age, if I believe in God or not, yet your effortless mind can magically create a picture good enough to satiate your clueless/irrational perception, or rather misconception (take a pick).

Good luck to you 'madjune' (there are better ways to be 'mad'). I try to read into you; I see nothing, maybe a tatterdemalion.

Assumption is the mother of all fxckups . . . and it can only get you this far.

Me pissed? At an imb*cile like you? H*LL2DFXCKINGNO!

The only thing I'm pissed at is, myself (for stooping to your level boy).

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Muzikluva(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
dkronicle:
Nigeria is now like a 2party state sha.
you meant to say country? Nigeria is not a state.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Eluwilussit(m): 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
stinggy:

We should be grateful to him (OBJ) then. We could have had BH situations if Odi and Zaki Biam weren't attended to with force! You can't murder security personnels of a country and not expect a crackdown. 12 Police officers were killed in Odi, 19 soldiers were abducted in Zaki Biam.
What are you guys saying

There have been instances in America and Canada, actually in the west, where policemen got massacred by a person or group, the government of these countries don't go shooting indiscriminately. If they should do that, then muslims in all the western world would be rounded up and shot each time a group of them commit terrorist acts.

Always fish out the perpetrators. Don't go and raze down whole communities. Do you know the number of innocent souls Obasanjo wasted in doing that? If Jona had gone to the NE and wiped out some communities, wouldn't we think that he was on a mission to avenge what happened at Odi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari, Daura And Magu At Jumat Service In Aso Rock (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Aisha Buhari's 'My Husband Not In Control' Comment / Garba Shehu: Why Buhari Has Yet To Choose Ministers —

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.