Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha (40571 Views)

Gombe State Named Airport After Abacha / Jonathan Is Our 2nd "Messiah" After Abacha By A Die hard Buharist / Gen. Buhari Is The Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by CaptainAmerica1: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2015
wink
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by jostdail: 8:25am On Feb 17, 2015
lkjh
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Burger01(m): 8:25am On Feb 17, 2015
koikoi2:
Buhari is finished.
GEJ til 2019
Buhari is not finished, rather he is waxing stronger with every character assassination.

Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by CaptainAmerica1: 8:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Irrelevant
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Oildichotomy(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2015
GEJ till the second coming of Jesus Christ grin

BTW, Prof is getting us confused but I know his vote may likely go for Jonathan forgetting the current South-west charade of dictabuharamism

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by j4sure(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2015
which one u dey sir

WHO ARE U SUPPORTING GAAAAAAAN SIR ?

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by krisdeb(m): 8:28am On Feb 17, 2015
Politics in Nigeria is now do or die!.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by omenka(m): 8:28am On Feb 17, 2015
Yeah, seen.

Well, the most brutal dictator in the history of mankind is King Nebuchadnezzar and same Prof Wole Soyinka likened Goodluck Jonathan to him! cheesy

#Next! grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by kay1one2(m): 8:30am On Feb 17, 2015
Gej till whenever!

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Franchise21(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2015
Soyinka!!! Where do u stand U criticize GEJ, u criticise GMB

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by sirbegojay(m): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2015
Nice say from a wise man...

Gej2019 until buhari learns how to pronounce 'APC'.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Tonylyte(m): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2015
Soyinka thats not true, you know it. Buhari made the devil look like angel michael.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Okaka27(m): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2015
The Clueless Nobel Prize Winner grin

#MarchForBuhari

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by 1stola: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2015
THIS SHOULD PLEASE SHUT DA FÚCK UP BEFORE I UNLEASH PEJ ON HIM.
STILL,
SAI BUHARI.
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by EasyBundles(m): 8:34am On Feb 17, 2015
Claim free 50mb Etisalat from Easy Bundles now!!
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by drkay9: 8:35am On Feb 17, 2015

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Onyeka32(m): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2015
These young APC members who want change, have you taken time to read the history of your presidential candidate, @least. He ruled Nigeria before what did he do, he is only coming back to rule because of the northern people, this man don't have your interest at heart, be wise and and don't assist someone in dividing Nigeria. What did he do when he ruled before, don't sale your vote for #2000 and allow the future generation suffer,don't just come out to say we need need change, how well do you know buhari

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by sammyj: 8:36am On Feb 17, 2015
and GEJ is the most clueless, corrupt and incompetent President Nigeria ever had. I prefer a dictator to a clueless person.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by balash(m): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Clueless Nobel Prize Winner

Criticize GEJ

Criticize Buhari

You want be president??
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Krinel(f): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Said who? U no know say e don repent

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:37am On Feb 17, 2015
“While definitely, the responsibility of
what is going on rests with Jonathan,
the bigger problem began with
previous governments.”

You all that keep blaming the president, Keep politics aside, think about the above quote by Soyinka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Eberex(m): 8:37am On Feb 17, 2015
chaberry:
IRRELEVANT

your comment says it all. you are Buhari's son

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by queenth42(f): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2015
God will help us 2 chooce d right dat will rule nigeria
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Eberex(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2015
Okaka27:

#MarchForBuhari

your brain knowlede aint even close to half of his

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by 1stola: 8:39am On Feb 17, 2015
[s]
nigerianvenom:

Wole Soyinka, a professor and Nobel
Laureate, has described Muhammadu
Buhari, presidential candidate of the
All Progressives Congress (APC), as
the most brutal face of military
dictatorship after Sani Abacha.
The revered professor, who spoke to
the BBC, suggested that Nigerians are
in a serious dilemma with lack of
alternative.
When asked about his comments
about the general as a brutal devil,
Soyinka said he did not exactly call
him the devil, but a brutal dictator.
“I didn’t exactly call him a devil, but
of course I talked about dinning with
the devil with a very long spoon, but
he (Buhari), I didn’t even want to dine
with him at all,” he said.
“After Abacha, he represented the
most brutal face of military
dictatorship, there’s no question at all
about that.
“I’ve got to the point whereby I look
at the possibility of a genuine internal
transformation with some individuals.
I have been disappointed before, and
we must always be ready to be
disappointed again.”
Speaking about deepening democracy
in Nigeria, the 80-year-old said:
“There are many, many actions,
especially by the government in power
which I won’t say are exactly
democratic. Let’s have a fair war, it’s
not yet deep enough.”
He went on to speak about the
abducted Chibok girls, branding
insurgency in the north-east a failure
of leadership by Jonathan and his
predecessors.
“What happened was a clear failure in
leadership. One cannot hold the
government solely; the responsibility
spreads, because the Boko Haram
thing began in various ways a long
time ago.
“There was a time when they
announced the Islamisation of Nigeria;
they should have been stamped upon
by the constitution, using the
constitution as a weapon.
“While definitely, the responsibility of
what is going on rests with Jonathan,
the bigger problem began with
previous governments.”
On the options before Nigeria in the
coming presidential elections, the
erudite scholar urged Nigerians to be
prepared to go back to the trenches if
the wrong choice is made.
“Basically, for me, anything which so
smells of soliciting permanent
incumbency or littling the options is
not palatable. But you know, the
environment changes, the
circumstances change and then even
the worst military can become
demobilised, self-internally
demobilised if you like.
“All I know is that if a wrong choice is
made, we must all be prepared, we
should start preparing to go back to
the trenches, whatever it takes.
“Let’s put it this way: the way you
fight a civilian misrule is different from
the way you deal with people like
Sanni Abacha.
“So I’m saying Nigerians should be
prepared to deal with any new
betrayals by any ruler with the same
kind of passion, commitment and
understanding of a lack of alternative
as they did with Sani Abacha, because
we cannot continue this cycle of
repetitious evil and irresponsibility.”
[/s]
Story storey
Irrelevant bullshıt
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by Nichobabe(m): 8:39am On Feb 17, 2015
It is still a shame that GEJ is so clueless that Nigerians prefer GMB to him.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by callmenow: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2015
It is an affront to the our collective sensibilities for Buhari to come back at the helm, because of disenchantment with Jonathan. I agree that the malaise in the country is a rot that started a while ago. When zamfara governor invoked their right to islamisation of zamfara, Obasanjo turned a blind eye. He thought the bold experiment will wither and dies. Ofcourse, we are all now reaping the wind. Some of us that raised an alarm about the divisiveness of that move, were accused of intolerance. Yet certain nitwits in this forum blame jonathan administration for Islamist tendency in the north. I will blame jonathan for building Almajiri schools. This is very divisive as well as other schemes that promote idleness in northern youth. Their vision of going to heaven and martyrdom is the game changer. Soyinka, that I have met and especially like must step up and name the guilty culprits. More than any one, he has been witness to the misrule of Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by smartigo: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2015
Prof, why are you just beating about the bush? In all, you are just speaking with two mouths. Do u have a better alternative?
Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by ceejayluv(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2015
Okaka27:

#MarchForBuhari
Soyinka clueless too?? That word "clueless" has been bastardised by Buharists...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by chocolatelady(f): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2015
No amount of character assissination will make me not to vote for Buhari come March28. Nigerians, are u not tired of incompetency, corruption, no electricity, bad roads, poor health care , the worst is the issue of security. Bokoharams killing people everyday.is it when they kill alomst evewrybody that u guys will vote for change. No amount of harrasing the person of Buhari can stop this change.

Sai Buhari till GEJ accepts that stealing is corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: GMB Most Brutal Dictator After Abacha by MrFord1: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2015
Prof. is on point.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Atiku Appoints Wike, Others Into Presidential Campaign Council / Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / Charly Boy Denies Collecting Money From Festus Keyamo, Breaks Down In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.