Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times (27012 Views)

Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Champele(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
USA biko leave us alone since you've stop buying our oil,and refuse to sell us arms,etc.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
nawahoo:

Ode! How many of such people are collecting their PVCs now?

I wouldn't want to join issues wit u by insulting ur personality cuz u obviously lack one. Buth here is a question for u, when was the pvc for newly registered voters made available?

Anyway, election has been postoned and Amaechi and your likes who threatened hell has still been unable to do anytin about it.

So you know wat? Cry me an ocean if u like, it won't change a damn thing. grin
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by LydiaBI(f): 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
naturallysmart:
Dumb write-up if this is true. Election postponement was well deserved as it provided opportunity for more people to collect their PVC who wud have been disenfranchised.

Na so! Was that the reason INEC gave for the election postponement? It seems you now know better than INEC,please tell me more! Between,not every PVCs will be collected even if the election is postponed to next year.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Emphany: 1:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
saharachic:
Jonathan is a thief. He has stolen millions of dollars laundered through Firearms.
He is afraid of being jailed and prosecuted by GMB thats why he is trying to be desperado
Some fool who never knew what was going on in this contry until election propaganda began.I'm sure u heard this from a pami joint and have now made it your 'sahara news'(d anti Jonathan news)...the God fighting against the Boko Haram and their rooted sponsors(ISIS) will shut you all up comes April 2015.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by mickeymimi: 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
The law says election can be postponed if Nigeria is at war and in this case, theirs is clear evidence that Nigeria is at war. Not only that Nigeria is at war but war they cannot win alone but demands the support of other west African countries.we just being governed by a bunch of desperado's who know that they would loose the coming election's and they are doing every thing to cling on to power.

Billionaire oil theft and Looters of fraudulent subsidy payments are fighting HARD to retain President Jonathan for another 4 years of unchecked oil theft and looting.

Change is here! Jonathan does not own Nigeria. If not for Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who is Jonathan? Who know him before he was polished up?These desperados will use, do, concoct any and everything to try and scuttle CHANGE, will they succeed? NO.
GEJ is like a statue, that is being manipulated by individuals, he is not the one ruling dis country, He is just there to take instructions from those powerful people who are controlling him.

His major problem is the fact that he is a greedy fellow who will not listen to any reasonable advice. He should do away with the attitude of if I do not have it, no one else will and spare Nigeria and Nigerians this great opportunity of long awaited change come March 2015.. Nobody is forcing Jonathan to go, but if he wants to stay, it has to be through a legal process called election.

WE MARCH 4 CHANGE IN MARCH 2015
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by chizzykwekez: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
I just want to open the minds of all Nigerians to below facts according to Omar Bangura from Sierra Leone:
''I dont think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate as i read through your posts here and a eal civil war starts in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious line and you are helping them do that rather than standing up and saying we are all Nigerians never minding our tribe, religion or culture.

NOTE: Foreing powers who have predicted that this country will be distabilized soon can even go as far as causing more problem in order to justify their selfish and useless claims. This foreing powers are pushing the govt to take certain decisions now but will abandon you when you start killing one another and even prevent you from running to their own country.
My heart when i read what you guys are saying because i know where it wil lead to. You will be the loosers whether christians, muslims.
Nigerian Youths must stand as one against politicians who do not hve the interest of the nation at heart because you are one.

A word is enough for the wise!!!!!!!!!!!!
this war is iminent, the only thing that can stop it is when APC members condemn any provocative comments or acts from their leaders and PDP followers also do d same.

#TriumphNigeria
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Heffalump(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
koboko69:
Where is "intelligent" Barcanista the conspiracy/propaganda buster.? You by yourself decided to turn yourself to an object of ridicule. You will sure get what you deserve...more and more ridicule from the true progressives.Now that you have decided to join a sinking ship in broad day light, what is your defense about this. Is NY Times now a media wing of APC too? People like you are the one of the reasons Jonathan is sinking. Another FFK on NL.

It is obvious Jonathan is finished, and no abracradabra can save him. Otuoko calling!!!!

No man can say it is finished, unless God says so. You must be a gullible man, and what a pity?
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Abibe4u: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bifwoli:
Anti GEJ thread here? Y'all trying hard to make him look bad.

GEJ didn't postpone elections,it was the commission that runs elections that did it.

GEJ postpone the election through his National Security Adviser, Campaign Organisation and Armed forces of Nigeria. All these aforementioned came to tell INEC to postpone it.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by ollyruffy: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
MARCH4BUHARI jooooooooooo!.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by aadejesu: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by aadejesu: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by aadejesu: 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
naturallysmart:
Dumb write-up if this is true. Election postponement was well deserved as it provided opportunity for more people to collect their PVC who wud have been disenfranchised.
If you truly believe this then you are the opposite of what you call yourself. Did you go to school?? just curious.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Remarkable: 2:33am On Feb 18, 2015
... so you don't think that the low number of PVCs
Gbawe:

The entire world now privy to how GEJ uses Nigeria's wealth and institutions to further his own private agenda. Shameful. A total disgrace to Nigeria. Jonathan's situation has become untenable and I don't see how he can escape humiliation at the polls if elections are free and fair.

How about the uncollected PVCs that would have had a significant amount of people unable to vote? it seems that the lens with which you use to view GEJ and his administration is unable to correctly judge any positive things he does...
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by emeka2847: 7:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Bifwoli:
Anti GEJ thread here? Y'all trying hard to make him look bad.

GEJ didn't postpone elections,it was the commission that runs elections that did it.
Even ordinary market woman wey no go school sabi say this your talk name small pikin talk. Jona is our C in C, and it means he's lost control if he didn't know about the postponement and should resign.
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by dozern(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2015
from all indication, U.S govt has decided to crackdown Jonathan administration due to his refusal to sign into law gay marriage. But all i know is that non of their hate sermons against GEJ will ever change the status quo. Buhari must have agreed with U.S to accept gay marriage, but believe me if at all Buhari wins he will surely disappoint U.S. Gay is also forbidden in Islam. Shame on you U.S
Re: Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times by Change2015(m): 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Not exactly....although he should have let them go ahead.

The sad thing is GEJ may have postponed the elections driven by the Nigerian desire that if our son does not win....there will be trouble.

You know....when Buhari made the assertion about two animals...what he really meant was that elections in Nigeria have to be free and fair. The trouble is,......most Nigerians define a free and fair election as one in which their tribesman wins. And this 2015 election is shaping up to be that kind of election.

Sometimes, I think Nigerians do not deserve democracy. Maybe a Tito-like dictator, or even a Park Chung hee type dictator might be better.....until we learn to value democracy well. Yes....we have not been under autocratic rule long enough to value democracy. Which is why Niger Delta Militants and Northern Hegomonists feel comfortable chanting for war...as if war is a fun game played on Playstation 3.

Ultimately we have to get off oil....and work for our money.

I strongly disagree with what you have in bold. Most normal Nigerians accept that the Presidency is rotated between North and south. In 2011 over 8 million Northern votes were for Jonathan /pdp. And the West never voted for obasanjo until he came on his crooked knees. The east has also never given the majority of its votes to their ethnic candidate, so what you say cannot possibly be true.

#change
#GMB
#APC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Doha Qatar (photos) / 2019: Buhari In Dilemma Over Oshiomhole's Fate - New Telegraph / Dan Anyiam Stadium Owerri Glows For Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.