Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Jesus Was A Black Man - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Black Man (93319 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You are even more ignorant than him. Do you realise that the Sudanese, ie those not mixed with recent Arab invaders, are actually 'blacker' than Nigerians?

My point exactly.

why the harsh word? Wats wrong with people today?
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Sarimah(f): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
hmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
LewisO:

Then who gives a damn! undecided

You

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Emmarionm(m): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
guy hungry dey beat u
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by YourCoffin: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nihilist:

My friend the great thinker....

Can you explain why you used bible verses from Genesis, Daniel, and Isiaiah, which were written centuries before Jesus lived, as proof of the skin colour of the historical Jesus?

Lol! Good question!
Add revelation which was mainly from John's hallucinations...

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mubbyleey:

I dn dieee, u dn spoil evrytn...
grin at least someone grasped wat I was saying
@Rossike maybe your should learn from this guy in boosting your comprehension skills

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by uboma(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
ammyluv2002:
We are just chasing shadows and leaving out the main thing which is salvation

Exactly...

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by lepasharon(f): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
YourCoffin:
If you got your facts from the bible, moreso from the book of revelation (a piece purely born out of imagination), your postulations looses its credibility.

The only way I'll believe your assertion is if Jesus Christ is exhumed from wherever he was buried and a scientific test conducted on his body to ascertain his skin colour.

I'm too old to swallow this poo again...

Jesus is in ''heaven'' so theres no body
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by johnydon22(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok am loving this, your comments are wonder..

btw do you know the irony in all this? ... the white sold that Jesus crap to the blacks

Now blacks wanna change what the white men sold to him, why believe any of it at all if thats the case now...

Anyway grabs a bucket of pop corn with big bottle of origin, grabs seats to watch comments in cinema 4D grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by johnydon22(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
YourCoffin:

Lol! Good question!
Add revelation which was mainly from Paul's hallucinations...

Uuuhm i think they said it was john, but scholars have seen that it must have been a random gentile christian from the 2nd century and most of it were plagiarized and reworked fairy tales from the book of daniel... lolzzz
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nihilist:

But how does quoting verses from Genesis, Isaiah, and Daniel who lived centuries before Jesus is supposed to have done, prove the skin colour of a historical Jesus?

Do you not feel fraudulent by trying to trying to 'uplift the negroid race' by peddling equal parts of lies and stupidity?

Quoting from Daniel is important because it was a prophecy given to the Hebrews long before time that the expected messiah would be of wooly hair and arms and feet as burnished bronze.

In the Book of Daniel, it says the hair of the Messiah’s head would be “like the pure wool” of a lamb and the Book of Revelation likens the prophetic Jesus’ feet to “fine brass, as if burned in a furnace.”

Note, the prophecy about a man that was soon to come didn't mention him as having straight, wavy hair and arms and feet as ivory colour (off-white colour).

Drawings and paintings of early christians were discovered in Rome in 2AD. Did you know that it was shocking to discover that the image of Christ and his disciples in these drawings were black people? In these drawings you could see ancient hebrews depicted as white people. Be it known that at this period, racism was totally non-existent and people of the earth then felt no need or pressure to misrepresent facts or portray a certain people as another people. Racism startd in about the 16th/17th century.

Jesus and his disciples portrayed in the Catacombs of Rome.

Jesus in the Catacombs of Rome. 3rd-century fresco from the Catacomb of Callixtus of Christ as the Good Shepherd with the cock on his right.

These images were drawn long before images of a white Jesus Christ started to appear centuries after. The first painting of Jesus as white with blonde hair and blue eyes was done by a man named Michael Angelo.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by YourCoffin: 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
lepasharon:

Jesus is in ''heaven'' so theres no body

I percieve sarcasm.

But if it's not, your heaven in quote may mean unknown grave...
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by LewisO: 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
ifeness:

You
How does your life concerns mine? undecided
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by EmekaBlue(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
grin grin nice post
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by YourCoffin: 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Quoting from Daniel is important because it was a prophecy given to the Hebrews long before time that the expected messiah would be of wooly hair and arms and feet as burnished bronze.

Note, the prophecy about a man that was soon to come didn't mention him as having straight, wavy hair and arms and feet as ivory colour (off-white colour).

Drawings and paintings of early christians were discovered in Rome in 2AD. Did you know that it was shocking to discover that the image of Christ and his disciples in these drawings were black people? In these drawings you could see ancient hebrews depicted as white people. Be it known that at this period, racism was totally non-existent and people of the earth then felt no need or pressure to misrepresent facts or portray a certain people as another people. Racism startd in about the 16th/17th century.

Jesus and his disciples portrayed in the Catacombs of Rome.

Jesus in the Catacombs of Rome. 3rd-century fresco from the Catacomb of Callixtus of Christ as the Good Shepherd with the cock on his right.

These images were drawn long before images of a white Jesus Christ started to appear centuries after. The first painting of Jesus as white with blonde hair and blue eyes was done by a man named Michael Angelo.

Chai! His theory is even gotten from a prophecy. Leaves are pink in my dreams...

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Wallie(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
kobonaire:
Why can't the "black man" prove himself in the modern day time rather than trying this convoluted approach of staking a claim that "Jesus is a black man". The concept of Jesus is in itself mythical because it is faith based (religion). If the "black man" really wants the "respect and admiration" of the world then she should strive to improve him/her self in this era that we live in.

I do not believe in making excuses but your question is somewhat naive. What do you mean by "prove himself"? Are you saying that if you compare a group of white babies to a group of black babies from well-adjusted parents, if tested as kids before environmental factors kicks in, one group will be better than the other? If you believe one group is better, then how is it possible for the other group to sometimes test higher than the first group? Nigerians are known to excel academically all over the world. Can you imagine if we have the same type of structure and encouragement as white people?

Our surroundings (parents, teachers, friends, schools, social class, and family connections) help mold who we grow up to be! You cannot simply compare the end result and use that as prove! On average, even Nigerians that spent the first 18 years of their life in Nigeria but now live in the US will be more “informed” and better “exposed” than their counterparts still in Nigeria. It is not that the Nigerians in the US are necessarily smarter; it is because they’re exposed to more in their daily lives especially if they schooled and work in the US.

How one is treated in the environment they grow up in matters a great deal!

White people appear superior not because they inherently have better intelligence but because the societal factors that hold some groups down and discourages them, mostly, do not work against them.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by r0cky(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Martins301:
If Jesus Is/Was A Black Man, Were Adam, Abraham, David, and Joseph Black Men?

Op you bera wake up from ya slamber o grin
actually David was black

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by redcliff: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
uboma:
@ op, are you a racist?

Is the skin colour of Jesus Christ any important? If it really was, I am sure it would have been clearly penned down in the Bible.

I read somewhere that not all the activities of Jesus Christ was penned in the Bible. Imagine writing down everything Jesus Christ did during his brief stay on earth. Even a duplex would not contain all the write-ups. So whatever is recorded in the Bible are things that are NECESSARY for salvation.

So @op, invest more of your energies and time into carrying out the commands in the Bible as they are written and stop engaging in frivolous and mundane things like the skin colour of Jesus Christ.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by macof(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
masonkz:
LOL. Black people now want to claim the Jewish, Isrealite Jesus as Black grin grin grin

Heck, amadioha might have been white too, who knows? grin grin

Fuckery
Lol soon Britain will claim Amadioha was the first son of King Arthur who migrated South and settled in igboland

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by YourCoffin: 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Uuuhm i think they said it was john, but scholars have seen that it must have been a random gentile christian from the 2nd century and most of it were plagiarized and reworked fairy tales from the book of daniel... lolzzz

That was an oversight. Thanks for pointing it out. And in order to sound inspired, he made it ilegible, lol.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by pinkycute(f): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
Satan is black while Jesus is white undecided imagine the mixup angry

My question: how did black negro come in existence

Since white believes they are the first in this world but Yet they couldn't give birth to black negro.

Well @Op, I strongly believe your research and God bless you for this.

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by tsdarkside(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
jesus was a black-man...

and that is the truth..

the europeans painted him white...

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
uboma:

If you can't provide sincere answers to my questions, then it is you who should go and sit down. Or better still bang your head against the wall very hard and tell me how it feels like.

And to think that this statement is coming from a supposed salvation preacher... Hahahahaha... grin

Most people will be surprised on the last day.

Such a delusioned hypocrite.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by slade31: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
ifeness:
Who cares about Jesus!
I do
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by bolkay47(m): 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mary and Joseph were black? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by johnydon22(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
bolkay47:
Mary and Joseph were black? undecided

I think the question should start from there! but they all jumped it.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Aawe! Jesus can never be a black man,black man my feet.wicked race..mtcheeww
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Afroconnect: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Beautiful polemics dearie. Those who wrote the gospels are definitely colour blind. Can't we make a black Jesus if it's neccessary? Emperior Justinia was not colour conscious either. Anyway, good effort Op, as we used to sing it on Pluto: he dozen mattaz if his blark or wite.
Not good enough to just wave that off like that... Ask yourself why would they do that?

Now that you know,how does it make you feel?

Is there more you need to know?

Cos really I don't think the kingdom of God will embrace nothing but truth.
Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by lolaxavier(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
Chaiii....see confusion at the highest level. I'd rather believe what can be proved.

***grabs Ababio textbook to continue with science***

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Weah96: 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
ammyluv2002:
The most important thing is the salvation of our souls whether He's black or white

How can you be saved if you don't even know the identity of your deity?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by Afroconnect: 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
dancok:
Aawe! Jesus can never be a black man,black man my feet.wicked race..mtcheeww
The black man is no more evil than the white man,only that they are more developed so they don't deal with mundane issues like basic everyday problems-light,water etc so that makes them a bit more cool...the white man is trying to find a way to work around capitalism,the black man is getting used by it,this fuels greed and anger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was A Black Man by uboma(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
emmyrichie:

And to think that this statement is coming from a supposed salvation preacher... Hahahahaha... grin

Most people will be surprised on the last day.

Such a delusioned hypocrite.

It seems you are low on what you normally smoke, hence your myopic thinking process.

I'm not a pious person, so I don't consider myself a preacher. It will do you good not to ASSUME so you don't make an ASS of yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Pastor Dr. JS Yusuf Anoints Pant/Bra With A Print Of His Face To Attract Men / 300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.