Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (17185 Views)

Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

I think if we get married it would be better realized... grin

People around me know i don't give a hoo haa about no religion and they like talking with me which have made many of my friends almost agnostic lolzzz..
I only pretend when it comes to my parents shaa... they are the only Gods that i worship and actually the only Gods that i know are real... smiley
no, men are nothing without there believe in God. Your parents r junior gods if in believe in them, then u could believe in the bigger version.

OK got a question for why do ascribe your parents the title of god?.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
colored:
I went from being an ardent believer to a deist. I'm making my decision of being a deist to my parents once I get back home after this semester. I care two shit less bout what they'd say
the fruit never falls far from the branch, Boi!.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by johnydon22(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
goshap:
no, men are nothing without there believe in God

No say that you are nothing without your belief in gods (mythical beings) Don't generalize it..

goshap:

Your parents r junior gods if in believe in them, then u could believe in the bigger version.
My parents are the supreme God and they are the biggest version and deserve my worship , the one you are implying is just myth.
I don't need to believe in my parents by faith, i know my parents i can see them, atleast they are real no debate about it, but this your mythical sky daddy is as real as a pink unicorn.. grin

Now run along and continue with your mythology leave me with my own God (My parents).. ok smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnydon22:

No say that you are nothing without your belief in gods (mythical beings) Don't generalize it..

My parents are the supreme God and they are the biggest version and deserve my worship , the one you are implying is just myth.
I don't need to believe in my parents by faith, i know my parents i can see them, atleast they are real no debate about it, but this your mythical sky daddy is as real as a pink unicorn.. grin

Now run along and continue with your mythology leave me with my own God (My parents).. ok smiley
what u need is a brotherly hug, why son sad bro.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by simplex2: 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
goshap:
what u need is a brotherly hug, why son sad bro.

The false assumptions of a religious fellow:

1. That atheist/agnostics are sad people that lack love, hence their resentment to religion.

2. That we desire the freedom to sin and that's why we deny God/religion.

Myopic fellas!

@1: I've never been happier all my life than now. I hold myself accountable for my actions, work hard towards success and not depend on an extra-ordinary grace.

@2: It has been proven over and over again on this board that morality as inborn and has nothing to do with christianity.

I still keep an open mind, the beauty of agnosticism.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by onetrack(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
s3nn2x:

Sir, as a free thinker, what is your stand on homosexuality? I am asking you specifically because you created this thread.

@all, Since you guys are not inhibited by religion, I am curious as to what you feel about same sex relationship?

I used to be very homophobic; not anymore. I see no reason to oppose homosexuality, gay marriage, or transvestites. I also do not oppose polygamy as long as the woman also has the right to multiple husbands. Really whatever sexual or family arrangements that consenting adults wish to make is none of my business.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
onetrack:

I used to be very homophobic; not anymore. I see no reason to oppose homosexuality, gay marriage, or transvestites. I also do not oppose polygamy as long as the woman also has the right to multiple husbands. Really whatever sexual or family arrangements that consenting adults wish to make is none of my business.

If only more Nigerians had this mindset embarassed ^^^

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by colored(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
the fruit never falls far from the branch, Boi!.
I might turn atheist with look of things

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

1. That atheist/agnostics are sad people that lack love, hence their resentment to religion.

Myopic fellas!

@1: I've never been happier all my life than now. I hold myself accountable for my actions, work hard towards success and not depend on an extra-ordinary grace.

@2: It has been proven over and over again on this board that morality as inborn and has nothing to do with christianity.

why did u become Agnostic?.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 11, 2015
johnydon22:

yep there is a word for that condition you've got its called spiritual myopia. Your parents the Supreme God, it takes a mosquito approximately 12 hours to send your supreme being of parents straight to the hospital shivering with malaria.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

Myopic fellas!

the race is not for the swift neither the bread for the hungry, unless the Lord protect a city the watchers keep awake in vain.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 11, 2015
For the record am theist.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Why did you'al become Agnostic?, summarize or narrate your life journey that lead you to your conclusion that Agnosticism, is where you fit. GENERAL QUESTION FEEL FEEL TO DIVERGE ANDROID IN DULGE ME.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 11, 2015
onetrack:

this ain't a pro gay thread able, gays to the left, extrem yaba left Abeg, homophobia is a choice and a right to every individual.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Hey dear dont worry, NL is a perfect example that more people are starting to use their brains and not blindly believe myths and fables...

It can only get better
xactly what myth and fable are you referring too?.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 11, 2015
colored:
I cannot thank nairaland enough for playing a role in liberating me from the mental shackles of religion lol
emm your still subscribed nigga, agnosticism remember is also a believe system. From one brain wash soup to another more smoothen brainwash soup. # convient #
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by davien(m): 2:22am On Mar 11, 2015
I think people should know that agnosticism still splits into theism and atheism.....I'm still an agnostic atheist, although I'm thinking of just branding myself a heathen sometimes...

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 11, 2015
johnydon22:

like hundred others that get liberated every day, we make people think for themselves...
xactly how did you guys do that?. Its more convenient to say mary cheated, or was an hermaphrodite then believe she was a virgin impregnated by the holy spirit. Every fool knows that nah. So exactly how did you guys cause people to think other than encourage rebellion, challenging the status quote.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
I think people should know that agnosticism still splits into theism and atheism.....I'm still an agnostic atheist, although I'm thinking of just branding myself a heathen sometimes...
underline the word brand. Why heathen.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 11, 2015
nana228:
I intend to tell them the truth about the Bible as a book of fables and myths which I know of. They are also free to choose whatever they wish to believe. I won't impose any belief on them.

one hell of a parental figure. Lets assume the bible is truly a book of myth n fables. But every myth and fable wer invented to teach children a lesson, portray a particular moral. Why dishonorable moral, negative notion or lesson has/would the fables and myth of the bible teach ur children.

?.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by davien(m): 2:36am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
underline the word brand. Why heathen.
heathen as in "irreligious"....either way, "atheist" still works

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:
Wow! Nice thread. There are loads of issues we can discuss in-house. Was thinking of starting a thread about certain things but decided against it; since the obvious religious felas will invade it with their fanaticism.

This is the first issue bugging me: My girlfrnd. We've dated for yrs now and we're planning on getting married next year. But one thing has always lingered in my mind: religion!
I'm agnostic but she is a devout christian. We started dating long time ago when I was still a christian; but after my mum's death, I realized all the promise of ask and it shall be given were false. That was the spark to my quest for answers: and I discovered I've been lied to ALL MY FVCKING LIFE!

I was supposed to see her parents this xmas but I developed cold feet and called it off. I'm yet to tell her I've left religion; she's yet to understand why I backed-off. Don't get me wrong, we love each other like mad! This is our 4th year dating. I do love her but the issue of spending the rest of your life with someone of contrasting believe scares the shit out of me; what happens to the children? What if she believes she can rope me in and then turns to a nag thereafter? I know I should tell her, but I'm still scared of loosing her. I wouldn't want her dumping her religion because of me so its kind of complicated.

What do you guys think?
sorry about the death of ur mom must had been a hard and tryinv phase for you, really am sorry.

A boy got up on a monday moring all bright, gullible and eager get to school, teacber walked into the class and taught, the eager boy rised his hand with enthusiasm to ask a question, the floor was his, he curiously and eagerly asked his question, directed at his teacher, who happened to be silent regarding his question, he turned to his know all colleagues, and no one had the answer to his question, he ran back home hoping mom n dad would most certainly have the answer, mom knows everything and dad is really smart, he said to himself, turned out mom n dad were phased out too, with no answer to quench his curiosity, he got furious, took off his uniform and decided he was no longer going to school,in his words am no more a student.
What do you think, and how would you advice this kid.

THIS A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST HIM, DO FEEL FREE TO COMMENT.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
heathen as in "irreligious"....either way, "atheist" still works
when you bored with the theme, you shud consider rebranding to Xtian.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 11, 2015
anssy:
I really want to get married to a man that is not religious, you know one of the advantages of marrying an atheist hubby is that he will worship only you, I will don't want to share his attention with an imaginary god.
grand delusion, delusion de grandeur # if only i had the foreign accent to with am thinking spanish#
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

Yes, I know I should speak with her first; infact, that was the major reason I backed out of the supposed intro last year. I'm just not certain of the outcome. I can't risk losing her for something as false and irrelevant as religion. I just wish she sees things the way I do. I've tried to discuss it indirectly with her but the direction the discussion takes makes me to withdraw. I don't rob it in people's face that I'm agnostic; I don't even dabble into religious arguments offline. I let people hug whatever rocks their boat. I just wish there's a way I'd make her understand the fraud in religion without making it look like the only option for her if we'd spend the rest of our lives together.
trick question do you buys have sex, asin get intimate considering the fact you both aint married. The answer changes everything.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Are you serious? Please don't get it miscontrue, atheist defer, don't kid yourself that when you marry an atheist he'll worship only you because it'll shock you.

Its a known fact that many Nigerian men cheat on their wives, in fact they see it as almost normal, and majority of these men are church goers, when it comes to sex many don't let their religious conviction deprive them of it.

If you really want to know a man who will worship only you, is very simple, when you're dating, if he doesn't cheat on you, then there's a high probability that he won't when you guys are married, but if he cheats on you, then, rest assured he'll cheat on you when you're maRried.
people change nigga, the confinement of marriage is a real life prison people get bored n desire variety.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

Does she have the capacity to think outside the box? YES! Will she be willing to go that road? That, I cannot say! You know how offensive religion makes one be. When you present hard facts, you will be taken as a lost soul who doesn't even deserve a listening ear.

I will cite an example. I gave her money for something relating to school last month and she used a tenth of it to pay tithe and sowed some seed with a part of the remaining. The money was no longer complete and she didn't have the nerve to tell me. It was money meant for her off-camp accommodation. When the landlord/caretaker's pressure became unbearable, she told me about it. I was so shocked/mad about it. I confronted her and we had this bitter argument over the phone. I was trying to make her see that her student/pastor was feasting off the students but she was understanding it that I was angry that she paid tithe and sowed seed because I was the one that gave her the money.

I was so pained! Here was I working my a'rse off to make ends meet and someone else is at the alter, making some gibberish proclamations and hoodwink naïve people to drop cash for him.

This is just a case among many! Its just becoming a little unbearable. The worst is that the 'offensive' religious attitude comes in play and negates any form of reasoning that would have taken place.

Apart from the love we have for each other, I don't think I will like to see myself having these sort of issues over-time. Trust me, even love itself has a breaking point.
thats just playing stupid. Come on ask her what she really did with the money jor. If shes half the Christian she claim to be, the money in question wasnt her hers and had a designated purpose to save, god can not ask you to sow whats not urz, Heaven itself operates in order. So God is a big respecter of order n discipline "once in a while order is broken duo, duh his God". Ask her what she did with the money jor, even the bible caution wives to obey their HUSBANDS. as her husband " futuristic tense " you have the right to ask her not to go to church, heaven is at your full backing if she disobeys you, she disobeys God.

Cum'on ask her what she did with the money jor.

Seriously what type of marriage do u Agnostic wanna subscribe too, cause e no go work, why? Its very simple the foundation is faulty.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by joseph1832(m): 3:28am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
people change nigga, the confinement of marriage is a real life prison people get bored n desire variety.
You speak as if all people get bored and desire the variety you speak of!.

There are some who stay in that prison and keep to their marital vows you know.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 11, 2015
Liekiller:

Yep, it sure does, and after this post i have a feeling your mind is actually made up. If you know already that this is not how you want to live and you don't see any convincing development after some serious talk, i would advise you to move on and find someone who thinks like you. Everything else would most likely only lead to constant arguing and frustration on both sides.
poisonous advice.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:
You speak as if all people get bored and desire the variety you speak of!.

There are some who stay in that prison and keep to their marital vows you know.
xactly so fs point u have is invalid
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by davien(m): 3:38am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
when you bored with the theme, you shud consider rebranding to Xtian.
Because? It's either you're ignorant that the two brands I name myself are irreligious or you're another religious troll.. undecided
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

My mind isn't made up. It worries me day and night. I make sacrifices to put things in shape: whenever she's around, we go to church together. Moving on won't be ideal for me; what happens when I move on and fall in love with another christian? I move on again? And again? I'm agnostic and not an atheist, at such, frivolous things as religion and existence/non-existence of god doesn't border me for once.

I want to spend the rest of my life together and can even accommodate her religious excesses (as long as it doesn't affect my finances and future children) but will she be willing to do same? My greatest fear!
na now u talk da thing way dey worry you. This ma friend has nothing to do with her religious believes and disbelieve, its a question of her love for you and sacrifice she willing to make. I have a feeling she'll be cool, from everything youve posted and av read, you get head and your a man of substance, she wouldnt wanna loss you too. But if she does nigga its her loss, YOU CANT LOVE A PERSON CAUSE YOU SCARED OF LOSSING THEM, AND DONT WANNA BE ALONE. never ends well. Be upfront n remind her its a question of her lobe for you, leave Jehovah out of thiz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / If Your Bride Price Is Not Paid You Can Never See God- Female Preacher(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.