Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (17682 Views)

Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
Because? It's either you're ignorant that the two brands I name myself are irreligious or you're another religious troll.. undecided
english chai, they change one thing they feel the interpretation has changed. Hmm Arrow why so defensive it was a joke. Where's ur sense of humour, i guess u lost it rebranding n branding.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by davien(m): 3:49am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
english chai, they change one thing they feel the interpretation has changed. Hmm Arrow why so defensive it was a joke. Where's ur sense of humour, i guess u lost it rebranding n branding.
Troll you are then...
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Liekiller:

I understand you. sad i know it's not easy to look at things unemotionally when you are in love, but i'm afraid it's necessary here. Ask yourself: do you WANT to put up with religious excesses day after day? Is it realistic that it won't affect your finances and children? You probably don't have the intention to get married more than once, so you should be very sure about who you spend the rest of your life with. Even if you move on now there is no obligation to fall in love with another overly religious one next time. Take a very close look at the person next time before you invest yourself emotionally.
please tell me what atrocities has she committed other than been a xtian, and xriously hows been a xtian an atrocities?, the so called thinking outside the box n da way u guys think is logical but funny, asin ehn, you sound asif she has bee convicted of murder or impending theft. Agnostic logic n intellect is you'al charm but it iz also your DOWNFALL. "Never be extreme in either point".
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
Troll you are then...
yawning and laffing it off, jezz i no get work.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:01am On Mar 11, 2015
colored:
I just got out an argument with a bunch of believers. believe me we are truly the minority! I was about beaten because of I'm an unbeliever. smh
n i put it to you there r no real xtains there, Christian a real xtain aint suppose to talk too much, theyll just get on there knees in secret n pray for u.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:
Isn't that what religion preaches? "Blind followership" thus warrants "blind obedience". Obey without asking questions. That is truly the wonder, how a set of people who have brains will choose to follow what they're been told than allow themself think.
thats not xtainity, or gods way, the only thing not allowed in xtainity is DOUBT, doubt is a sin cause it ruins faith, ever heard of the phrase "doubting Thomas ", you do know its from the bible right and not just english. Good. Ever heard of obedient jerry, zombie Jeremy anywhere in ds bible?. God requires obedience, full obedience without doubt and trust, he never says dont ask or challenge me, what he says is obey me now challenge me later. AND I SWEAR IF YOU JUST TRUST HIM AND OBEY WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, WHEN HIS DONE YOU, WONT BE ABLE TO ASK UR QUESTIONS CAUSE THE ANSWER WOULD BE INFRONT OF YOUR.

GOD IS THE ENTITY THAT MAKES THE WISDOM OF MEN FOOLISHNESS BEFOR THAT VERY MAN.

YOU DONT ASK A STREAM WHERE IS IT GOING, YOU FOLLOW ITS CURRENT, AND YOU'LL ARRIVE AT ITS END POINT.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 11, 2015
From all da post have one thing have notice is misconception of the Christianity. Come self donyou guys even know what true Christianity is?, Christian is about the life of christ, man struggle to attain christ like state, since christ jesus was human he lived by example showing that every human can mimick his life, and thats whay xtainity is about.

Xtainity is not that church u go too, its not your neighbor screaming amen n die die, its not your die hard religious colleague with his double standard, its not the church minister robing people of millions to satisfy his pocket and using there faith against them. GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED. CHRISTIANITY is Christ jesus i double dare anyone one of you to point out one single fault in the life of Christ?, while on earth or in heaven, just one.
I dare all of una. Just one fault Stop pointing fingers at the life of his followers, now point fingers at the very master.

I DARE YOU GUYS TO HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, LETS SEE.

THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH, BUT ITS NOT ALL THE TRUTH, ITS JUST THE TRUTH YOU, YOU AND YOU AS A CHRISTIAN, AS HUMAN NEED TO MAKE HEAVEN.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 11, 2015
I get that at one point in you'all life God has probably hurt your feelings, you had questions with out answers, faith without prove, etc. On behalf of God i apologize. But seriously it doesn't warrant your transmutation to agnosticism.
-who told you that any one single Christian has all the answers
-who told you that Christians have the answers
-who told the answer is the same for every individual.
-who told you/what makes you believe your owed the answer or have a claim to it.
-who told you that even when the answer is befor your eyes you have the ability to comprehend it
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by anssy(f): 6:27am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
grand delusion, delusion de grandeur # if only i had the foreign accent to with am thinking spanish#

worshipping an imaginary god is the master delusion
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
n i put it to you there r no real xtains there, Christian a real xtain aint suppose to talk too much, theyll just get on there knees in secret n pray for u.

Joke of the year. Please tell your self the truth. Please
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
I get that at one point in you'all life God has probably hurt your feelings, you had questions with out answers, faith without prove, etc. On behalf of God i apologize. But seriously it doesn't warrant your transmutation to agnosticism.
-who told you that any one single Christian has all the answers
-who told you that Christians have the answers
-who told the answer is the same for every individual.
-who told you/what makes you believe your owed the answer or have a claim to it.
-who told you that even when the answer is befor your eyes you have the ability to comprehend it
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Stop taking things hook line and sinker just cos your ancestors were deceived into accepting Islam and Christianity. If your parents were muslims, you would have been too.

Research on the history of what you term your religion. Even your bible was complied by people like you, omitting some scripts of it. Pagan and Christian practices were combined just to make everyone happy.

And more..

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by onetrack(m): 7:32am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
this ain't a pro gay thread able, gays to the left, extrem yaba left Abeg, homophobia is a choice and a right to every individual.

Lol, this is a meeting place for freethinkers so it's neither a pro-gay nor anti-gay thread. Being anti-homophobic is also a choice and a right.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by joseph1832(m): 8:20am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
xactly so fs point u have is invalid
What on Earth are you yapping about?.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by joseph1832(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
thats not xtainity, or gods way, the only thing not allowed in xtainity is DOUBT, doubt is a sin cause it ruins faith, ever heard of the phrase "doubting Thomas ", you do know its from the bible right and not just english. Good. Ever heard of obedient jerry, zombie Jeremy anywhere in ds bible?. God requires obedience, full obedience without doubt and trust, he never says dont ask or challenge me, what he says is obey me now challenge me later. AND I SWEAR IF YOU JUST TRUST HIM AND OBEY WITH ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, WHEN HIS DONE YOU, WONT BE ABLE TO ASK UR QUESTIONS CAUSE THE ANSWER WOULD BE INFRONT OF YOUR.

GOD IS THE ENTITY THAT MAKES THE WISDOM OF MEN FOOLISHNESS BEFOR THAT VERY MAN.

YOU DONT ASK A STREAM WHERE IS IT GOING, YOU FOLLOW ITS CURRENT, AND YOU'LL ARRIVE AT ITS END POINT.
That's the more reason why pastors today are making a healthy living of the Nigerian masses.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2015
masonkz:

Stop taking things hook line and sinker just cos your ancestors were deceived into accepting Islam and Christianity. If your parents were muslims, you would have been too.

Research on the history of what you term your religion. Even your bible was complied by people like you, omitting some scripts of it. Pagan and Christian practices were combined just to make everyone happy.

And more..

-the story of sodom and Gomorrah was complied to make what particular set of people happy?,

- the enslavement of the Israelite by the Egyptian for fourty years, who complied to make who happy?, the Israelite or Egyptians,

- the observation of job that the earth was round as against the ancient Catholic believe, was complied to make the Catholic look bad, i guess.

-who exactly benefited from all this complied stories?.
You do know all this are historic fact of a real life people present on earth right, you do know your science n metaphysics still use references like B. C and A.D right, using that complied fairy tale to navigate dates and time right.

Or you just talk without considering what you are saying.

Or you dont know what AD AND BC stand for make i explain?.

Who benefited from the tale of jonah, certainly not jonah,

A billion and one things in the bible i could just go on start with that.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 11, 2015
anssy:

worshipping an imaginary god is the master delusion
true but that delusion is worth it. If you see a Christian admire his mindset, ask yourself how can a group of people be so stupid, how could they surrender their superior intelligence for idiocy.

"Cast your bread upon the water and after seven it will return back to you."this is what the bible was clearly referring too, i mean ask a 10 year to cast his bread upon the water and after 7 days it would return to him. Am sure that kid would direct you to yaba left, but its just plan stupid.
Yet that same Bible says " says if you hold it, you will loss it ". The smartest in the room is often the stupidest.

If you could up your need to know, to be right, to be secure.

Ma dad asked a question one day after da legendary morning devotion that i so hated, ma family know am theist by the way, they would be stupid not to know, it shows. Here is the question.
How many times most a thing happen to you befor you learn the lesson, ma bro's n sis were like once, twice ma mom was like, as long as it take you to learn it. Do you what i said.

I said it most not happen to me before i learn the lesson, i would learn from the mistake of others. Ma dad was like ur correct bt wrong, i disagree it took years later i finally saw how foolish ma answer was. But back i tot maslf rily smart.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by simplex2: 8:56am On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
why did u become Agnostic?.

You asked so many questions within last night and now: a good sign, indicating you really want to know/learn.

I'll grant just one out of your many questions: so chose the one you want me to answer.

I'm waiting.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

You asked so many questions within last night and now: a good sign, indicating you really want to know/learn.

I'll grant just one out of your many questions: so chose the one you want me to answer.

I'm waiting.
indulge me in all, each answer present a new string of possibilities, if you answer some and leave some the knowledge would be lacking and in complete.

I jokingly came here with the purpose of having just an intellectual laugh, that and the fact i had a two page document with points, hidden in ma pocket, i was just gonna catch a joke fire and leave as i promise what i saw blew ma mind and changed everything i dont even need the document i prepared. Keep in mind am theist it allows me a flexibility in knowledge and believe, am acquainted with the Christian imahinary god cause i know him, have experienced him and i know the bible well but am not required to serve him.
Now xtainity aside am satanist, new age affiliate blah.
RELIGION TO ME IS NOT A MEANS TO AN END BUT AN END ITSELF. i see ma self in every of the religious notions i subscribe too.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 11, 2015
joseph1832:
That's the more reason why pastors today are making a healthy living of the Nigerian masses.
its really bad christ feed the masses and took nothing in return where they get their billion dollar idea from the bible only good knows. Am guessing God needs them regardless cause u dont throw away years of experience at once, and beside they have more access to large mass of people cause of the name bulit over time in peoples mind. Plus you dont tbrow away a child with the bath water just because the water is dirty. Its the job of xtains to read their bible and follow nt gods job
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by nana228(f): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by nana228(f): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by davien(m): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
nana228:
I had to Lol. I wish you know me but don't worry. The level I got to in Christianity, you might never get to it. If you open your eyes, yearn for knowledge and search for it, you'll be freed from the shackles of religion. They tell you not to think, just believe and that is where your problem lies.

Please don't feel you can read me. Nothing happened to me. My life is less bulkier than yours.
https://www.nairaland.com/2097077/pastor-punches-boy-not-taking

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by SIRANDREWS: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
I think people should know that agnosticism still splits into theism and atheism.....I'm still an agnostic atheist, although I'm thinking of just branding myself a heathen sometimes...
as long as you don't believe in the existence of any known/ worshipped god, you're an atheist!!!
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
nana228:
I had to Lol. I wish you know me but don't worry. The level I got to in Christianity, you might never get to it. If you open your eyes, yearn for knowledge and search for it, you'll be freed from the shackles of religion. They tell you not to think, just believe and that is where your problem lies.

Please don't feel you can read me. Nothing happened to me. My life is less bulkier than yours.
who told yhu not to think for yhurself?, God or man. Where did the bible remotely suggested you not thinking or allowed to think, where did the bible say thinking is a sin.

Who shall yea obey God or man, who do you fear, who do you follow God or man?.

Please just point me in the direction you suggested and i will reconsider this Christian God.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by davien(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
SIRANDREWS:
as long as you don't believe in the existence of any known/ worshipped god, you're an atheist!!!
True...but it still borders on knowledge and what position you place on knowledge of "god/gods"...
I do not claim to know what "god/gods" are, so it's entirely non-existent to me...making me an agnostic atheist...

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
nana228:
you really want me to point them out? How about showing them it's OK to kill people so that they can get a land I promised them? Or telling them I have all the power in the world to do what I like but they have to go through a lot of trouble because well, I'm God and their suffering is endorsed by me (a loving mom)? Or making them see slavery, killings of others and eternal damnation as a part of "love ".
if you had a choleric dad am sure you'd understand " not xactly suggesting God is choleric, but i guess thats the best fit i could find ", no one is given God the best dad award anytime soon, cause his methods where a little extreme especially before the coming of christ, God is a big respecter of order, the order he himself created cnt go about breaking it. Judging by the era the world was at that time, corporal punishment was the in thing, take things like natural selection, biological succession, colonisation blah, into consideration. This things keep the world in check, imagine we all were multiplying and no one was dying?. Order is the first las of heaven.
-am pretty sure as mom, youll want your kids to come first in class, be the captain of the soccer team, get a job, head the company one day. Right!?
In other for all this to happen, someone some where has to lose, someone has to loss his job, competition has to set in, natural selection, survival of the fittest.

-when your kid goes wrong you forgiving doesn't mean you lift up his punishment #do the crime, do the time#doesn't mean you love them any less, or does it?.

-reality of eternal damnation is an act of love, by dear. I did say no one is given God the best award of the year anytime soon. Na punishment with hard time like been convicted by a jury
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by simplex2: 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
goshap:
who told yhu not to think for yhurself?, God or man. Where did the bible remotely suggested you not thinking or allowed to think, where did the bible say thinking is a sin.

Who shall yea obey God or man, who do you fear, who do you follow God or man?.

Prov 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding

Just freestyled on that, i know there are more if/when i dig deeper.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
nana228:
you really want me to point them out? How about showing them it's OK to kill people so that they can get a land I promised them? Or telling them I have all the power in the world to do what I like but they have to go through a lot of trouble because well, I'm God and their suffering is endorsed by me (a loving mom)? Or making them see slavery, killings of others and eternal damnation as a part of "love ".
least i forget the model of a Christian life is JESUS CHRIST, NOT GOD, CHRISTIANITY IS ALL ABOUT ATTAINING TRANSCENDENCE FOLLOWING THE LIFE OF CHRIST WHILE ON EARTH. focus on Jesus accuse him lets see, then youve got a valid point to me, classic God cop bad cop scenario played itself over humanity.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by nana228(f): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
simplex2:

Prov 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding

Just freestyled on that, i know there are more if/when i dig deeper.
lean not on your own understanding, did it say do not think for yourself, for God sake the position of understanding there means theirs room to think, but lean not on your not on that thing you think you know, or yout think cause itz not all the picture.
Theit two people involved in this scenario God and man, the relationship of God and man ks based on trust and faith, if you know it all, if you have calculated all the possible tendencies, you as human should know and acknowledge your sources is limited compared to an omnipotent God.
What about the intention of God in the said relationship, have you decipher his intentions, do you as human know the mind of God. That statistically impossible cause one of the perks of being human is LIMITATIONS.
there's is limit to how far you see, how long you run and how much you know.

The bible did not say DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING BUT LEAN NOT ON IT.

Show me one place wher GOD WENT WRONG AND MAN CORRECTED HIM IN THE BIBLE OR FROM EVERY SOURCE. show me where man put his absolute trust in God and He failed him.
Haba think but realized say no be you sabi pass. # the simple #

The bible is not a book you read print by print guy, without understanding youll be lost, even so called xtains suffer from this.

Every fairy tale and myth has an underlying mean or moral behind the story, if not the interpretation lays bear.

Cinderella would be summarized as love persist.
-
Snow white - true love kiss, do not collect food or gift from strangers.
Red redding hood-every thing isnt what it seems.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
nana228:
are you serious? God is now temperamental, I thought you guys believe he doesn't make mistakes. What did Jesus mean when he said I and my father are one? Don't you believe Jesus is God? So God forgave you right from birth, what did you do?

I'll forgive my kids and they don't even need to ask for it. So if my kid goes wrong, I'll put him in fire and call it an act of love? HahahaHahaha. Please it'll be better for God's reputation he doesn't exist. If I were him/it, I'll rather stay away from men because some men are actually more loving.

Did you miss the part where I said my kids can choose whatever they want as regards religion?
the word Christian what comes to mind, God or jesus christ. Hmmmmm!. Come what level did you say you got too in Christianity again?. Do you understand the concept of trinity?.
GOD THE FATHER ASIN OUR CREATOR, HEAVRNLY FATHER.

GOD THE SON-AS JESUS THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB OF GOD, GOD IN OUR MIST FLASH N BLOOD SHOWING UP THE WAY TO ATTAIN HEAVEN LIVING BY EXAMPLE. jesus is more or less the soft touch to Gods side.

THE HOLY SPIRIT, - Gods relationship with man, the way he relates and communicate with man.

The lake of fire id so not a phase or product of love, neither is it a correction facility, its a place of damnation, rejection.

What can mother would you be, if not to guild and point the way, till when they're old enought to stand on their own and decide.
Are you telling me that if ur 5 year old kid asks u want notion do you subscribe too, youll give them this Agnostic crap, haba hid fate is already sealed cause theh look unto u at least till they start to question other things
Re: Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. by nana228(f): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? / 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience / 20 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.