Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235897 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by padiehh: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Please what is the ease of getting an Electrical Engineering job in Australia with a “recognise graduate” subclass 476 work visa? Cheers
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Alonso007: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2012
Can someone give me link what it cost to get skilled independent visa to australia?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2012
Alonso007: Can someone give me link what it cost to get skilled independent visa to australia?

The current application fee for that visa class is AUD 3060, plus there may be additional costs for IELTS, Medical tests, skill assessment, Penal clearance etc

This link will be helpful:
www.skillselect.gov.au

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nwaowerri1980: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2012
Where do I see Nigerians in Australia? Please Nigerian Guys in Australia respond....
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by opad(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2012
Can someone kindly list the Embassy requirements for Study/VISA for a 2years PostGraduate
Programme.
Thanks.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by nwaowerri1980: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
Where are my Niaja brothers in Australia? I wish 2 identify with them
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Alonso007: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
please can someone tell me the skill independent visa documents need?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by wahabcoal(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
House, I would like to know if there is Age limit for studying an Undergraduate course
In Oz. I hold a Bsc in Accounting but would like to start an IT career afresh, not even PGD.
I'm looking at TAFE Diploma in IT then proceed for Msc in Computing, or Bsc in comp.sci direct.
Thanks n'landers.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by CKOY(m): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
house good day to you all pls av submitted my business short stay visa how long will it take for the processing?i will be happy to read from you.thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yslamsdestiny: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Where Are Nigerians living in Melbourne? Ive been here for a week nw and e still dey go... migrated from South Africa!#pkos#[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by iNVICTUSobi(m): 2:29am On Sep 26, 2012
yslamsdestiny: Where Are Nigerians living in Melbourne? Ive been here for a week nw and e still dey go... migrated from South Africa!#pkos#[color=#990000][/color]

Bro I am here in Melbourne. St Kilda East. I am doing my MA at Monash uni. I moved from south Africa too. Hit me up obinwannem@gmail.com

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by yslamsdestiny: 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
iNVICTUSobi:

Bro I am here in Melbourne. St Kilda East. I am doing my MA at Monash uni. I moved from south Africa too. Hit me up obinwannem@gmail.com

NOTED
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Watermelon(m): 4:04am On Sep 27, 2012
smileyplease,where are nigerians in Sydney,relocated to ausie about a month ago and would really love to hook up wth many nigerian lads smiley
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
londoner:
Btw I'm a woman not a guy.......
Do you realize that you do this a lot?
Explaining to people that you're not a man. undecided
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Alonso007: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2012
plz bro can I know the insurance found befor applying for skill independent visa?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
Good Girl:
Do you realize that you do this a lot?
Explaining to people that you're not a man. undecided

Yes, I realize that every time someone addresses me as "brother" or a "dude", I tell them I am not a man.

Any issue with that?

Do you also realize that you chose a username that would tell everyone that you are not a man? You also chose to have the F for female show up beside it.

I purposely chose not to do that.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2012
londoner:
Yes, I realize that every time someone addresses me as "brother" or a "dude", I tell them I am not a man.
Any issue with that?
No, I've no issue with that. Actually, I was just pointing that out as an observation and wondered if you too had noticed it. Even without the "f" and the "cute babe/naijagirl/nkiru88" kind of usernames, it's always easy to spot a female on the forum for many people. For obvious reasons I've always known you're an "f", just don't know why it has been difficult for some to pick that up.

That aside, am likely to be in Aussie by April 2013, hence my interest in any topic "Australian".......
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 5:21am On Oct 03, 2012
Good Girl:
No, I've no issue with that. Actually, I was just pointing that out as an observation and wondered if you too had noticed it. Even without the "f" and the "cute babe/naijagirl/nkiru88" kind of usernames, it's always easy to spot a female on the forum for many people. For obvious reasons I've always known you're an "f", just don't know why it has been difficult for some to pick that up.

That aside, am likely to be in Ausi by April 2013, hence my interest in any topic "Australian".......

Lol...yeah I noticed also. Where in Aussie are you heading to? I'm sure you'll like it here. Its a good place to live.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by amattahcj(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
please my people, do Australian citizens have national passport or national identity card number? my friend that is writing an invitation letter for me told me that they don't have such in there country. pls nairaland is it true on what he said?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^^Yes they have an Australian passport.

Every country has a passport.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
londoner:
Where in Aussie are you heading to?
Perth it is. Have you been there?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by amattahcj(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
Must/does the invitation letter to Australia carrythe the sender signature?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by humblepie: 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
jennykadry: @Londoner my sister a beg wet in b ur email make I ask u few questions I dey
Goldie on d coast...just a yr n half now..

I have seen Australians dressed half naked like the sudanese, so it isn't limited to one group alone. My brother, the things my Nigerian brothers and sisters do here is unbelievable. If I had access to Juia Gillard, I would tell her to screen every motherf***cking Nigerian before allowing their dumb azzes into this country. people like that stooopid luckgames who cannot even type in proper English will not stand a chance in that country after I make sure he/she/it is deported. grin cheesy
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 6:21am On Oct 07, 2012
Good Girl:
Perth it is. Have you been there?

I live in Perth at the moment. Its a good place to ease into Australian life.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by henrychubayo: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
I just want to confirm whether anyone has been offered admission to TAFE and got his student visa.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
londoner:
I live in Perth at the moment. Its a good place to ease into Australian life.
I see. Good!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Alonso007: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
please friends i'll be coming to australia next yeah I take online assignment and past with 80 points but the problem now is dat I don't heve anybody to send me invitation litter. can any one help me with dat?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by kellyemms: 2:26am On Oct 11, 2012
plz nairalanders how much is one (1) australian dollar equivalent to nigerian naira?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by LindsayGiguere: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
Australian visa problems and conditions don't only affect Nigerians. They affect citizens of dozens of countries where, given the history of similar visa holders from that country, applicants pose a high risk of overstaying their visa, working illegally, marriage fraud or applying for asylum where they have no grounds for doing so (which then expensively ties up Australian courts for years until they exhaust their avenues of appeal and are removed). Some of the answers you saw said that a Nigerian had no chance of getting any visa and that is simply not true, but a NFS condition is a very real possibility for anyone from any high risk country if they don't have strong ties to their home country such as employment, education, accommodation etc.

No Further Stay conditions are also imposed on Americans and Brits and Canadians and people from numerous other countries who attempt to stay beyond the intention of valid visas that were never intended for long term stays and on people who enter Australia on short term visas with the intention of staying more or less permanently. Australia has very strict immigration requirements and they apply equally to everyone, but the citizens of some countries have shown by their actions over time that they are particularly careless of Australian immigration law.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^^^Agree 100%.... the restrictions apply to all and rightly so imo.

The difference is when applying for a visa of any kind, countries are categorised by risk.........Africa, Asia etc are seen as higher risk when co,pared to the UK or US for example.

Someone from say France is not likely to be running from their country and would as a last resort return ho,e rather than overstay as an illegal. Although some Europeans such as the Irish are known to be over stayers in Australia.

They often bring the skills or fill in the employment gaps present in Australia. In fact the Australian government of Victoria is actively seeking to employ the Irish and are actually going to Ireland to do so.....giving visa's on the spot in some cases.

It is reputation and the news coming out of some continents that may be to blame......but I still feel that if you can not abide by the Aussie laws and put behind you some of the kony kony ways of Nigeria....please don't come here.

You will only make the situation worse for upright Nigerians wishing to come here after you.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by amattahcj(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Pls is anyone living in launceston tasmania Australia ? I'm going there by the end of this year. I just wanna know how the life there is.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by manmeta: 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dear all,

I've been following this thread for a while. I was granted my Independent Skilled Visa a couple of months ago. Just a word of advice for intending and serious migrants: The whole process can be very easy and short if you take your time to first understand all that is required, otherwise, it could be confusing. Get all your paper work ready first. I did my IELTS in Sept. last year, got my qualifications assessed in December and submitted my application in Feb. I was notified to do my medicals and penal clearance in May and in Sept. I was granted visa, just 7 months after my application was submitted!

I would advise you to invest time in knowing all what is required of you first. Having a full understanding of this will make the process faster and easier.

All the best.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.